Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 13: Stabby Stabby Stabby!

Snowy_One

"I am not really seeing why you are all so inclined for us to stay, unless this is some sort of trap." Morgan said. "We're leaving, do not follow us." Morgan said.

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as she spoke those words, every hobo and prostitute surrounding the group drew a series of weapons, wild screams issuing forth.

"Outsiders! Die!"

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wqah'nagl fhtagn!"

"My kitten is a spoon!"

Filled with outright insanity, craziness, and slobbering wild-eyedness, they all suddenly bumrushed the group, arms flailing about wildly.

Hobo X 20

Stats: HP: 1 STR: 1 MAG: THERE'S A COIN IN MAH EAR! SKL: -1 SPD: 0 DEF: 1 RES: 0

Weapons: Knife/shive*: -1 damage and no speed or evade boost.

Abilities: Worthless scum of the earth: worth no EXP. It's a joke fight. Flee if you want, or have insane fun.

Edited by Snowy_One

"...I bet you can, Helios. I don't care... I just don't care... but if you wanna try, you should start now," he exclaimed, and drew and arrow, firing it at an attacker and knocking him and the twoimmediately behind him down. A second arrow took down three more. Chase felt the crimson bow's stregth strain on his energy nontheless.

Chase 7/9

6 Hobos ko'd (Chase is being nice)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2608454/

Edited by Lightning

Cess:

"Why does no one know what logic is? *sigh*" Cess went though his bag, and pulled one of the bags of Shoon diamonds out. He untied it, and threw the bag all over Helios.

"Hobos! Look! Sparklie money! Might as well use these diamonds for something. Let's get out of here....." Morrey sped up to a trot and moved away from the village.

"So your not as boring as i thought." Helios said, his finger glowing. He lift his finger to the air. "Hellsety!"

Rolls

3+4+1+6(Overcast)x2= 28. 9 dead

3+3+1= 2 dead

"I win." ^_^

Edited by Kai

"Damn it!" cursed Naelia as she watched the group from the seclusion of the hobo-mass. "They didn't take the bait. Ah well, can steal from them in the open just as easily. Besides... Wait..." Suddenly she let loose a blood-curling scream and barreled forwards. "THEY KILLED JONNEY! DEBBIE KILLED JONNEY!" she screamed, rushing towards Alf, seeking to latch onto his arm again, crying as she ran forth.

"WARRGRGR!" screamed one of the Hobo's as well as Naelia ran forth. He barreled forwards, knocking the thief to the ground as he charged towards Morgan!

Roll Hobo 13: 6, -6, -6.

CRIT! HOBO 13 DEFEATS HOBO 13!

only to run right past her screaming wildly "my spleen is on fire! My spleen is on fire! My spleen is fire!"

OOC: As should be obvious, I'm not even bothering with real rolls for these joke enemies.

Edited by Snowy_One

"Whoa! What the-!" Alferis called out as he saw the lady from before charge towards him, only to be knocked down.

"I've officially gone insane," said Alferis, drawing his Iron Axe and hitting a hobo in the leg with it, crunching the bone. The hobo went to the ground, sobbing and babbling incoherently, "Cthulu ffrygh'n. Yog-Sothoh sevkelegggn."

Alferis (1,5,3). Hobo 0/3.

Edited by Dark Sage

"Oh for--" Arrin was too tired for politeness. "CLEAR OUT! WE HAVEN'T GOT ANY MONEY!" he shouted, drawing Daranau and sending sparks through the crowd, enough to scatter the rest of the vagrants, but not kill them. "We don't need to kill them, what are you thinking?! Can we please go somewhere else? Camping's starting to sound like an excellent idea," he asked the others.

Amari kicked at the beggars that scrabbled at her saddle, knocking them flat.

OOC: Do I really need to roll for that? I mean come on.

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

It had been a long, boring ride for Tessa. Isotov had been walking Amari, so they had rapidly fallen behind the group, but were probably fine. Charlotte and Arrin had headed off in some other direction. Morgan was stuck behind Chase. Eric was as usually not a horse-person and thus had fallen back with Isotov. Everybody else either had their own horse, was flying or riding with someone else who did, or just unavailable.

While she really shouldn't have been complaining that she didn't have to have someone double up on Trevor, it was still taking some major getting used to, particularly compared to the first week she had spent with the group. Everybody else had either been uninterested in conversation, or locked in their own already, and she hadn't felt like interrupting, so until they'd reached civilization, the troubadour had just been alone with her thoughts.

In particular, the thing Tanair had said kept resurfacing. "Infected by Helenos's taint." Whatever had that meant? She hadn't noticed anything before or after the enigmatic woman had grabbed her head and apparently cleansed her, and despite having glossed over the concern at the time due to other matters, with nothing but idle time journeying, she couldn't help but stew over a few of the dark possibilities.

When they'd finally arrived at the town, Tessa was struck by how destitute people were. She let most of the rest of the group ride on ahead, while she was weighing whether or not it would be feasible to try to heal some of the worst off of the homeless making due in a shanty-town on the outskirts of the town proper (which hardly seemed much of an improvement, in all honesty).

Edit: I remember what question marks are for and when to use them. Honest.

Edited by Balcerzak

"Ok. I'm going to get what we need now. I'll meet you back at the edge of town," said Alferis, he and Reika riding throughout the town to look for the shops.

Edited by Dark Sage

As Alf and Rekia started to ride through the town, one thing started to become obvious. The town had been outright wrecked! Destroyed buildings and rubble littered the street as rats and politicians slid about through back alleyways, gnawing on what little food was left while hobo's practically paved the streets. Suddenly, a young lad with a rag rushed up and proceeded to wipe down Alf's axe before turning to the man.

"That will be two coppers sir!" he said, practically begging.

"Uh..." Alf was clearly uncomfortable. On one hand, he would like to help the people, but on the other, he needed to spend the money on supplies.

"Here." Alf tossed a silver piece to the beggar and continued on, hurrying as he went. Reika managed to keep up and soon, they found the general store and the the item shop.

Within a few minutes, they bought a week's worth of food and a couple of vulneraries. The cost between them was around 15 gold pieces. They split the money and began to trek back to the others.

"Ok, there doesn't seem to be much here except hobos, and I doubt they know anything so unless--"

"Arggh!" shouted a hobo, brandishing a butcher knife and charging at Alferis, who was taken by surprise. Before the hobo could do anything, Reika tossed her dagger at the man's heart. He gurgled and fell down dead, clutching his wound. She picked up the dagger and got back on her horse.

"Looks like you got saved by a girl. Wait till the guys here about this," said Reika, feeling better now that she killed the hobo. It was a mercy kill anyway, considering how he'd have been dead in a couple of days anyway.

"Big deal. Everyone in the group got saved by girls at least one point. Now let's head back. This town is giving me the creeps."

"I thought you'd be at home here, back with your kind."

"I can easily say the same to you," said Alferis, grimacing nervously as he spoke.

"I guess, but it doesn't bother me," said Reika.

"Good point," he conceded.

Within minutes, they saw the group from a distance.

Before the group could do anything more, Arrin kneed Francis faster, pulling ahead and away from the gathering. "I'm sure they'll follow in just a moment," he told Charlotte nervously. He paused, looking back to see if the others were coming; hopefully whoever was with Kelas would get a similar idea, and Tessa-- "Wait, where'd Tessa go?" he asked, alarmed.

The group was panicking. Everyone seemed to be off. Soon Helios found himself alone. He headed forward where he say Reika and Alf. "You seen the others?"

Edited by Kai

A moment later, a certain green-haired woman started to set down within the slum city. "My word, why on earth would you choose to spend the night here?" asked the headmaster of Morgan. She could tell that the others had already started to split up and go their own separate ways, yet was not sure at all what to do in response. Rather, she knew what her first reaction would be, and decided to go with it. "HEY? WHERE YA'LL GOING?!"

"Hmm? I thought they were with you," said Alferis puzzled at Helios's question.

"Sheesh, now you guys need babysitters to keep you altogether," said Reika, rolling her eyes.

Everyone except those who are no longer with us

The journey to the nearest town was mostly uneventful, but the arrival was disastrous. Rather than splitting up with the others, Iso, Katie, Kelas, Levski, Irina, and Viveka stayed with the main group. Levski however was snoozing lightly. At this point, Iso was dead tired. He'd walked pretty much the whole way there. If he'd had something to eat along the way, he wouldn't have been so drained, but now he was just exhausted, so he fell into a sitting position, and leaned back using his arms for support.

Iso: ... uuuuuuuuugh ... not good ....

This place is little more than a scummy hive of wretches and villainy scribbled down Katie, presenting the note to Kelas. Why on earth are we here? Why haven't we left already?

Derek and Eric

"... It's good to see we have such upstanding men here," Derek said, as Helios and Chase slew several hobos. The merc was carrying Dani, who had managed to fall asleep on the way. "We should get out of here. Those two probably set off the authorities, and mass murder isn't something a hero's kid can justify."

"Let's wait and see," Eric said, eying the streets. "I doubt the army comes here often, considering the state of the place."

Amari stood, waiting for the humans to move. This new herd Kelas had found was really not very bright.

When the red man fell down, Amari snorted. It hadn't been that long of a walk, and the little yellow healer had patched up his injuries... surely he couldn't be that tired... perhaps he was hungry? She hoped he was, because Kelas seemed to want to keep him around, and she could not carry three people. She nipped him on the shoulder-- snap out of it-- and reached around and nosed at the saddlebags, where she knew Kelas kept food. Hopefully he'd find the food and get up again. As she brought her head around again, she shot Katie a look: three people.

Kelas did not react to Katie's note, being unconscious.