Armads Isn't cooperating with FE6 Nightmare

Flying Shogi

I wanted to make the FE6 Divine weapons to have an animation like the spells that describes their subtitles.

For example, For Miguires, The Gale Bow/The Bow of Winds, I've changed its animation to Aircalibar and as for Maltae the Spear of Ice and Snow, I've chaged its animaton to Fimbultivur.

But Armads isn't cooperating. I wanted to change its animation to Bolting(to make it "The Axe of Lighting") but once I attack from 2 spaces like bows(I've made it "1-2Range") the game freezes. I changed Maltae's range to that same range but it worked out fine when I tried to attack.Durandel worked fine as well. Just Armads isn't working.

Ah, I know of this problem despite not being a hacker. It's a problem with adding magic effects to axes in GBA FEs that so far hasn't been fixed by anyone, as far as I know. Nintenlord may have found a solution, though.

Ranged axes have animations attached to the weapon itself. Since Armads is not originally a ranged axe it doesn't have this special animation attached. Standard axe attack animations have no ranged animation, it just freezes when you attack at range. I found this out a long time ago, I'm sure other hackers have as well.

Ranged axes have animations attached to the weapon itself. Since Armads is not originally a ranged axe it doesn't have this special animation attached. Standard axe attack animations have no ranged animation, it just freezes when you attack at range. I found this out a long time ago, I'm sure other hackers have as well.

I'm sure they have. I'm new to hacking.

Weapons don't have animations, classes do (you can assign spells to weapons, though, but the class animation ultimately is what determines when to call spells, or whether to even call them to begin with).

Should be a pretty big hint right there. Edit the class's axe animations to have a mode 5 and 6. They likely don't. The game loads a non existent animation or an empty one; either results in an infinite loop because the silly game isn't designed to handle empty animations and throws a fit if it doesn't receive a certain few valid commands.

I recommend hacking in the hand axe animations for that class, or else you'll have to do custom work.

And you'll probably have to do some customization anyway since you'll need to either redo the animation from scratch, or hack it all to pieces to put in the parts you need. Might I suggest mastering that aspect of FEditor?

Edited by Obviam