So I got involved in this kind of situation.....

Flying Shogi

Ok, I met a new "friend" at a GameStop while I was waiting in line for a US release of a game and this "friend" came up to me and the person I was talking to. And since then, he tried to find my house and he eventually found it. I thought he was just asking for my address for discussions sake so I gave it to him. Now, he keeps on coming over to my house like every other day for who knows what reason. I don't have nothing against him but it's just that he just comes over too often and at the wrong times too.

Let's see..... So far he came over when my family is eating dinner, after I JUST got home from my summer job(which is like around 7PM), and after my mom get off work.

I want him to get the message that he shouldn't come over to my house that much and at the most akward time too. I mean, I don't even go my good friend's house that much and he lives like a block away.

So what shuold I do/say to let him get that message without causing an akward moment?

EDIT:If you're gonna suggest my parents delivering the messsage, they don't speak English very well. Only phrases.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Wait, what? At most, I give out the area in which I live.

What's done is done. It will be awkward, no matter what. You can either have your parents tell your new friend that they don't appreciate him visiting so much (it is their house), or you can tell him that you'd be happier if the two of you met at a mall or some other public place.

I don't know how you'll handle this, but good luck.

Wait, what? At most, I give out the area in which I live.

What's done is done. It will be awkward, no matter what. You can either have your parents tell your new friend that they don't appreciate him visiting so much (it is their house), or you can tell him that you'd be happier if the two of you met at a mall or some other public place.

I don't know how you'll handle this, but good luck.

That's what I did first. But then he proceeded to asking fo my address. I couldn't come up with an exuse since he was right there.

EDIT: They don't speak English :sob:

Edited by UberLughFTW

Mmmm, maybe parents should interfer here, I agree. Maybe they could deliver 'your message' as theirs.

If this doesn't works, then you must talk with him, trying to convince him that he's freqquently arriving at moments your family is not comfortable at.

The thing is, it will be a bit awkward, so it can prove to be difficult to handle.

I'm female, so I've run into this before. The answer is, "none of your business", as bluntly as possible.

Will your parents agree that he's over a little too often? An answer of, "My parents said so" tends to be a good deterrent.

Mmmm, maybe parents should interfer here, I agree. Maybe they could deliver 'your message' as theirs.

They don't speak English. They only know phrases.

Tell him to fuck off and leave. Always works for me. :D

I'm not that type of person. Sadly.

Edited by Sirius

I'm female, so I've run into this before. The answer is, "none of your business", as bluntly as possible.

Will your parents agree that he's over a little too often? An answer of, "My parents said so" tends to be a good deterrent.

They didn't say it like "that" but they did express that they don't like him in the house becuase of his race. I don't have anything agains his race since I'm not racists like my parents.

Just tell him up forward that you cant have him over at your house then.

What kind of exuse should I use if he asks why?

Edited by Sirius
Stop double posting.

Threaten him in whatever way you see fit if he intrudes on you once more.

And seriously, NEVER give up your address to some stranger.

If he asks why, well, you don't know, like, or care about him. That's reason enough.

They didn't say it like "that" but they did express that they don't like him in the house becuase of his race. I don't have anything agains his race since I'm not racists like my parents.

...Okay, this probably adds a layer or two to a formerly uncomplicated situation.

Edited by Agent Dale Cooper

Racism or not, if your parents don't like him, that's plenty of reason for him to GTFO. It's their house, not his!

But they don't speak English so I have to do the dirty work.

If your parents are willing to back you (even if it is for the wrong reasons), then go for it!

They don't back me on squat. This one might be the only one they will.

I just want to say that I find your general pessimism adorably awesome.

I'm sorry I don't have much to say on this matter. Generally, when I have someone over and I get tired of them I tell them I'm tired of hanging out and I'd prefer it if they go home. They're used to me being straightforward w/out being blunt so it works out OK.

Edited by SeverIan

I just want to say that I find your general pessimism adorably awesome.

I'm sorry I don't have much to say on this matter. Generally, when I have someone over and I get tired of them I tell them I'm tired of hanging out and I'd prefer it if they go home. They're used to me being straightforward w/out being blunt so it works out OK.

Why thank you.

I don't actually hang out with friends much. I'm more of a computer person.

Why thank you.

I don't actually hang out with friends much. I'm more of a computer person.

Same here, but I have friends who don't seem to be so sometimes we spend time together. Of course, now that I'm in college it's more of a hanging out together, usually in someone else's room since I don't want my friends smoking in my room.

Same here, but I have friends who don't seem to be so sometimes we spend time together. Of course, now that I'm in college it's more of a hanging out together, usually in someone else's room since I don't want my friends smoking in my room.

Smart move. I should make note of that when I get into college.

I knew a kid like this...it was a few years ago at a halloween party in my neighborhood and i swear to god he must've like seen me go home cause a month later he shows up at my house and it litterally took me an hour to remember who the fuck he was.

then he came over ALL the time, eventually i started being somewhat mean to him and he stopped coming over.

I knew a kid like this...it was a few years ago at a halloween party in my neighborhood and i swear to god he must've like seen me go home cause a month later he shows up at my house and it litterally took me an hour to remember who the fuck he was.

then he came over ALL the time, eventually i started being somewhat mean to him and he stopped coming over.

Too bad the person I'm dealing with is older than me. Weird... won't you say? I can understand if he has no siblings but he actually have a sister and computer access/other game consoles(more than I have) to keep him busy.