Difficulty Tier List

Ike-Mike

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a fully skipped run starts getting ridiculous about Chapter 11, right before the second Warp staff. Thanks!

I think the Warp run has its own set of challenges, but I don't know where to place it.

I dunno if FE11 H5 should be dismissed just because you can warp through half of it. The first half is still pretty challenging, definitely the more challenging half of the game anyways in my experience, just getting to the point where you can warp skip would still be harder than beating some of the easier games. Most notably, it's under FE8 Eir Route? I would think 12 or 13 hard chapters (or however many it is until you can warp skip) is still more difficult than 20 or so easy ones. Zag/Wolf trivializing things doesn't matter much either compared to FE8, since FE8 has Seth who's even worse (not only is he invincible, but he shows up earlier, he has huge mobility instead of low mobility, and he's awesome right from the start).

I agree as well.

Let's just say the only units you need to beat FE8 HM Eir route is Seth and Eirika, with the exception of 5x and the desert chapter (Duessel rescuing Ephraim to keep him out of battle since Seth can't rescue Knoll and Eph at the same time).

It can be beaten under 8 hours, and the only remotely challenging chapter is the Gorgons chapter. Since they actually have a Mag stat and Stone is piss annoying when you don't have Restore.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Does FE10 HM really deserve to be that high? I'd say it was pretty comparable to nonskip FE11 H3 (both have a tough start but then simmer down - I'd say H3 is harder for the last 80% of the game than RD, but slightly easier for the firsts 20%). The fact it's above H4 makes me wonder.

• 2 weeks later...

TRS... I'd put it somewhere below FE4 1st Gen. TRS isn't hard except for some troll-ish chapters, and units are prone to RNG screwage due to average growths being less than FE6's growths. I didn't find it that hard until the later chapters, even then it wasn't really hard, just annoying to face the sorcerers.

TRS... I'd put it somewhere below FE4 1st Gen. TRS isn't hard except for some troll-ish chapters, and units are prone to RNG screwage due to average growths being less than FE6's growths. I didn't find it that hard until the later chapters, even then it wasn't really hard, just annoying to face the sorcerers.

Although I haven't finished the game yet. I can easily say Narron does trivialize the game in a way but there are some pretty meh chapters as well. I swear though, level 35 Narron by the end up Map 16? Jesus. So I kinda agree, maybe even lower and I'm not even assuming the Map 31 glitch.

Okay, I just finished FE3, Book 2. It needs to drop. A lot. I'd put it on par with FE8 NM Eirika's route. Star Orb shards and easily manipulated AI (read: baiting) trivialize the game.

I'd say it's moreso the earlygame that's pretty difficult. I do think it needs to drop as well, though.

Edited by Joey

Although I haven't finished the game yet. I can easily say Narron does trivialize the game in a way but there are some pretty meh chapters as well. I swear though, level 35 Narron by the end up Map 16? Jesus. So I kinda agree, maybe even lower and I'm not even assuming the Map 31 glitch.

Yet you didn't even mention the Anti-Evil and Warp staves. Mind you, they're for Renee only, plus there's a good chance she'll use a few uses of the Warp one (4 in my case, out of 15 uses), but in "kill the boss" chapters, Warp makes it very easy. Likewise, clearing (Renee's magic, a base of 16 with a growth of 30%) monsters each turn is really, really good.

Then there's Sierra with Gale and Life or Death who can Warp at will, lots of stupidly overpowered weapons by the end of the game, and of course you mentionned the glitch.

In the tier list as it is now, I can probably put it right above FE10 EM.

Then there's also Berwick Saga to put into this, but I didn't play it. I did hear it was decently challenging.

Edited by Medeus

Yet you didn't even mention the Anti-Evil and Warp staves. Mind you, they're for Renee only, plus there's a good chance she'll use a few uses of the Warp one (4 in my case, out of 15 uses), but in "kill the boss" chapters, Warp makes it very easy. Likewise, clearing (Renee's magic, a base of 16 with a growth of 30%) monsters each turn is really, really good.

Then there's Sierra with Gale and Life or Death who can Warp at will, lots of stupidly overpowered weapons by the end of the game, and of course you mentionned the glitch.

In the tier list as it is now, I can probably put it right above FE10 EM.

Then there's also Berwick Saga to put into this, but I didn't play it. I did hear it was decently challenging.

In bosskill chapters you can pretty much warpskip. Don't forget Aura Rain as well. With dancer!Plum you can literally clear the whole map with Aura Rain in 1 turn.

I think it should be above FE11 H1 tbh. There are some chapters that can be pretty annoying and growths on all characters not named Zeek are rather low. Where as if FE11 H1 is basically NM without the prologue and reinforcements being able to move on the same turn as they spawn I can imagine that being much easier than TRS.

In bosskill chapters you can pretty much warpskip. Don't forget Aura Rain as well. With dancer!Plum you can literally clear the whole map with Aura Rain in 1 turn.

I think it should be above FE11 H1 tbh. There are some chapters that can be pretty annoying and growths on all characters not named Zeek are rather low. Where as if FE11 H1 is basically NM without the prologue and reinforcements being able to move on the same turn as they spawn I can imagine that being much easier than TRS.

Yeah, but you don't get Warp until late in the game. Don't forget Aura Rain is only useable on turns ending by 5 or 0, on top of having 7 uses if you exclude cloning.

I suppose, but it's not like the enemies have awesome stats either. From my calculations, they gain HP once every 2 levels, while Strength (or Magic for magic based enemies, except Mage Knights and Arch Opuses who do gain Strength), Defense, Skill and Speed raise once in that cycle, and Luck always remains in the single digits on generics. Negative AS is omnipresent, unless you're fighting monsters where only Ogres and Dragon Zombies have negative AS. In a way this reminds me vaguely of FE5, as enemies there also had (for the most part) shit stats but could still be deadly.

Edited by Medeus

I'd say it's moreso the earlygame that's pretty difficult. I do think it needs to drop as well, though.

Not really. Chapters 2 and 3 might be problematic, but Arran can still hold his own in those chapters (Silver Lance?). Plus, the dragon knights won't move until you're in range, so you can bait them with Doga (or any high defense unit) and then blast them with arrows, which make the fights a joke.

Plus, you have Linda for chapter 3, and Aura makes the dracoknights a joke fight. Or Resire, if you prefer. The second you have a Shaver tome, you never have to worry about dracoknights again.

The only problem I could foresee is with chapter 19 and all the ballistae (if you're like me and used Katua/Paola as your main characters). But that was more an error of judgement regarding me not dismounting than anything.

Is the book 2 rmk on H3 really that hard?

I'm looking forward to it.

Book 1 rmk wasn't too hard on H5.

Many enemies have capped stats in the late game, there are a good deal of added enemies that didn't exist on the easier modes, the AI changes in a few areas (Astram and Jeorge's groups), the Warp Staff and Silver Card are removed, and in later chapters reinforcements can easily overwhelm you if you're not smart.

I have a playlist up on Youtube starting at Ch. 5. I'm missing a few things that would make it easier (No access to wifi shop, it was my first playthrough so no merged class sets, no DLC such as Rainbow Potion)

I do think that SSS rank is more difficult, not sure about FE4 ranked and HHM S rank though.

I do think that SSS rank is more difficult, not sure about FE4 ranked and HHM S rank though.

Well, HHM S Rank isn't so difficult if you know how to spread Exp around to get enough levels. I failed my EHM run because of that but I was 40 turns up on the Tactics requirement for 5*.

Well, HHM S Rank isn't so difficult if you know how to spread Exp around to get enough levels. I failed my EHM run because of that but I was 40 turns up on the Tactics requirement for 5*.

Mm. There's a chance that FE4 ranked is more difficult than HHM then, since in FE4 ranked you have to squeeze EXP out to get levels on folks like Dew (like Give spamming for the 10EXP) and Diedre.

I've only S-ranked HHM once and it was a long time ago, so it's probably more difficult than I remember it.

I haven't played much SD. Why is FE11 NM harder than FE11 Hard mode 2 and less?

The FE11 Hard 2 (Cheap) means warpskipping. Here's a summary of warpskipping.

1. Warp someone to the boss to ORKO the boss.

2. Warp Marth to the throne.

There's four Warp staves over 20 chapters (including gaiden chapters). Each staff has 7 uses. Hammerne shows up on Chapter 20 with 12 uses, and staves are eligible for Hammerne repair.

I don't see the point in warpskipping H2. If Generic Officer can win using (mostly) generics, and if I can do my Skittles run on it, it's very possible!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the first Warp staff shows up on the unit who can use it off the bat. The second natural Warp user technically appears on Chapter 12. . .but you have the option of recruiting and reclassing someone on Chapter 6 such that he'll be able to use Warp relatively quickly.

Edited by eclipse

The FE11 Hard 2 (Cheap) means warpskipping. Here's a summary of warpskipping.

1. Warp someone to the boss to ORKO the boss.

2. Warp Marth to the throne.

There's four Warp staves over 20 chapters (including gaiden chapters). Each staff has 7 uses. Hammerne shows up on Chapter 20 with 12 uses, and staves are eligible for Hammerne repair.

I don't see the point in warpskipping H2. If Generic Officer can win using (mostly) generics, and if I can do my Skittles run on it, it's very possible!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the first Warp staff shows up on the unit who can use it off the bat. The second natural Warp user technically appears on Chapter 12. . .but you have the option of recruiting and reclassing someone on Chapter 6 such that he'll be able to use Warp relatively quickly.

FE12 NM is even easier than that. Enemies are literally no threat.