Best/Worst in the Series: Round 52

NinjaMonkey

I think it's 10 when Herons grow to a high enough capacity to wear 15-skills, because I remember having issues putting Paragon on Leanne (don't ask.)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure about that? Because I remember slapping celerity on my Rafiel in 1-E, and he was nowhere near Level 15. It was my first playthrough, and I didn't know he was going to leave until basically the end of the game, so I put Celerity on him. Also, I had Celerity on him in Chapter 4-4 and he was at Level 14.51 or something like that...

Oh, I just assumed that Rafiel didn't have enough capacity. I once tried assigning something onto and that obviously didn't work, so I checked the page here on skill capacities and thought that was true for all laguz.

Oh, I just assumed that Rafiel didn't have enough capacity. I once tried assigning something onto and that obviously didn't work, so I checked the page here on skill capacities and thought that was true for all laguz.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/capacity.html

20 for laguz at first. The reason Leanne can't get anything good until level 15 is that she has canto + shove. All she can take is Miracle before then. Rafiel doesn't have that problem due to only having 5 cap shove, allowing 15 more.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/capacity.html

20 for laguz at first. The reason Leanne can't get anything good until level 15 is that she has canto + shove. All she can take is Miracle before then. Rafiel doesn't have that problem due to only having 5 cap shove, allowing 15 more.

OH. Canto.

And that explains it all away.

What they should have done is sing the galdr of rebirth to fix his wings. But I guess that herons can't use galdrar on themselves (it would be cool for them to Valor themselves), and he doesn't actually have an opportunity to be fixed until Part 4. Wasted opportunity!

Rafiel also has the weird distinction of being one of the few units that can die in one point in the story, then come back later, and he won't be gimped (please don't ask). I like him, but I think I'd like him better with a little more HP (so I can take advantage of the fact that he doesn't fly).

Best: FE10 Reyson (gets the edge over FE9 version due to greater movement potential, Canto from the start, and use of laguz stones)

Worst: FE1 Wrys (leveling method aside, averaging less than 1 stat per level should be enough warning)

BEST:Laylea (FE4 had somewhat-broken dancers to start with, who refresh everyone adjacent to them. Laylea, though, also has the charisma skill, which increases the hit and evade of every ally within 3 squares of her by 10%.

WORST:Boah (FE:SD. A late game prepromote Bishop with 4 magic...)

Edited by crashman_alpha

Best: FE10 Reyson (gets the edge over FE9 version due to greater movement potential, Canto from the start, and use of laguz stones)

Worst: FE1 Wrys (leveling method aside, averaging less than 1 stat per level should be enough warning)

Neither does Lena, and she also doesn't have an HP growth.

Best: Clarine

Worst: Renault

Read it as Support like supports. Anyways, Clarine does not die in her game. She can't.

Edited by Life Admiral

Read it as Support like supports. Anyways, Clarine does not die in her game. She can't.

So Im not the only one who read it that way.

Best: Rafiel (FE10), because without him, finishing 4-E-5 on one turn would be harder, plus he saves Laguz Gem/Stone usage for endgame forced/recruited units like Ena and Nasir - honorable mentions to FE10 Elincia, FE9-10 Reyson and FE7's Ninian/Nils for their support in reducing turn count and healing/temporarily-raising-stats.

Worst: Cath (FE6), dishonorable mention goes to Rickard - both are almost useless with the better thief alternatives and being on games where they can't promote/class swap.

Best: Rafiel (FE10), because without him, finishing 4-E-5 on one turn would be harder,

4-5 stars Reyson, not Rafiel. Rafiel tags along with Ike's group.

Edited by Integrity

4-5 stars Reyson, not Rafiel. Rafiel tags along with Ike's group.

I said 4-E-5 aka True Endgame against Ashera and her barrier of Ashera-named lights.

Edit: Just noticed SF has it as 4-F-5, maybe its a difference in region naming, because mine used Endgame instead of Final.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

Best: FE 12 Feena. I have not played this game yet, but I'm voting for her nevertheless. The only dancer that can attack, has great growths. Not only can she support with dancing, you don't have to worry about her being a liability on the field due to her being able to defend herself. Great.

Worst: FE9 Sothe. He got insta-killed by a Bolting. Even though he's free, he's a major hassel. Especially with Blossom not allowing him to gain anything. And if you take off Blossom, you're kind screwed in Resistance. Though I believe every unit can be great when leveled, Sothe has some seriously restrictions: Not being able to steal anything from people with a higher speed than 20, not being able to steal weapons that weigh more than 20, not being able to forge weapons for him... It's a recipe for diaster. And personally, I like Sothe.

I'm uncurably biased, but sometimes you have to look at things differently than they initially appear. In defense of the Sisters...

Worst: Nyna.

How is Nyna the worst? When compared to the rest of the 4 Sisters, actually pretty good. That Luck alone explains how she survived Ch 20 of Shadow Dragon. And she comes in with a Fortify and an A in staves so she can use all staves (except the Hammerne). Her growths are good, so she's a great a support unit, and with some steriods she becomes an able fighter.

Worst: FEDS Maria. If Rickard can get votes for being made redundant by Julian/Marth, Maria can get votes for being made redundant by Wrys/Lena/Wendell/Boah/Elice.

Clearly I'm biased, but in defense of Maria, how can she be a redundant Boah or Elice when she joins before them? If anything Elice is a redundant Maria as her main aspect (besides her awesome growths) is using the Aum Staff that Maria can use, and if she was used then she's already at a much higher level. And Wendell is most likely surpassed by a trained Maria.

Worst: Maria. At least you might actually want the extra thief at some point, and Rickard's not worse at actually opening the chests than Julian, just worse at combat. Maria is outclassed by anyone who joins before her and has access to cleric/curate. And anyone for another several chapters with access to bishop.

Anyone. Seriously. As if Matthis is going to make a better 'cleric' than Maria. Gordin, Roshea, Vyland, etc - none of them are going to make a better 'cleric' in terms of staff utility and support.

Worst: Maria. Should I specify from which FE? She's equally bad in all of them.

Actually, in the first few she has a great Weapon Level and growth in that area, combined with good defensive stats, (both better than Lena's), so as a support unit, as she easily gets weapon level and can use many staves easily, she is extremely able, especially at a distance with Physics.

Best: FE 12 Feena. I have not played this game yet, but I'm voting for her nevertheless. The only dancer that can attack, has great growths. Not only can she support with dancing, you don't have to worry about her being a liability on the field due to her being able to defend herself. Great.

Not true. FE4&5 dancers could also fight. Plus, her AMAZING two base STR and loss of access to rapier means that her starting combat is abysmal at best. I guess Lady Sword bumps it up to just awful, but...

Now, if she still had rapier, it could be forged and used between her and Marth and she could score some good kills on cavaliers and maybe knights, but as it is her combat is hardly worth mentioning.

Not true. FE4&5 dancers could also fight. Plus, her AMAZING two base STR and loss of access to rapier means that her starting combat is abysmal at best. I guess Lady Sword bumps it up to just awful, but...

Now, if she still had rapier, it could be forged and used between her and Marth and she could score some good kills on cavaliers and maybe knights, but as it is her combat is hardly worth mentioning.

Ha, If you'll notice I did not make a huge deal about her combat skills, as this is a nomination for a support character. I only noted that she could defend herself and that she isn't as much as a liability compared to other 'bards' like Nils, Ninian, and the Herons.

I'm not nominating her for her combat skills. I'm nominating her for her ability to support you without being a huge liability like previous dancers. And by previous, I mean in FE 6 - 11. I have not played any others, so please excuse my ignorance.

Edited by Maria's bro