Funny, Stupid, Interesting, and Unknown Facts about FE8

All right, I don't know if anyone else would be interested in this kind of a topic for Sacred Stones, but here goes! I'll start off with this fact:

Hayden is known as the Sage King, but his class is actually Ranger.

Pablo the sage and Riev the bishop are fought in two chapters, and they are seen the second time at a higher level, but the EXACT same stats you faced them the first time around.

Also, Joshua believes in gambling and getting lucky. How fitting a guy with 7 base luck with a 30 growth would say that.

Edited by DA125

Despite Eirika/Ephraim being one of the fastest supports in the game, it can't be completed unti Ch. 16 at the earliest because they're rarely in the same party.

Edited by Lightning

Pablo the sage and Riev the bishop are fought in two chapters, and they are seen the second time at a higher level, but the EXACT same stats you faced them the first time around.

Also, Joshua believes in gambling and getting lucky. How fitting a guy with 7 base luck with a 30 growth would say that.

In the original Japanese, they had increased stats the second time round.

While the back of the game box claims that you trade in speed for power by becoming a Great Knight over a Paladin, the truth is that the two classes have the same Speed cap.

In addition, Great Knight gets one more point of speed in it's promotion bonuses.

Fact: All monsters have Dark affinity, except Morva, who has Wind affinity.

Mansel is the only character still alive at the end of the game that you can't recruit as a secret character, as well as the only royal that can't be recruited along with Vigarde. He's also the only character in the game with no combat animation.

Edited by Slowking

Mansel is the only character still alive at the end of the game that you can't recruit as a secret character, as well as the only royal that can't be recruited along with Vigarde. He's also the only character in the game with no combat animation.

Not including the queen, civilians, eggs (sort of). But he is the newest addition without it.

Phantoms weigh as much as Ewan and Amelia (as pupil/recruit) combined (11).

[spoiler=Ghost Weight]Considering Fado is the heaviest playable unit, I would say general corpses in FE like to wear heavy armor. Same applies to Hector/Murdoch.

Tethys is the only dancer/bard in the GBA FEs with 10% skill growth.

Tethys is the only unit that has a cap lower than 20 in any stat.

What about Phantoms? They have 1 HP, 0 Def, and 0 Res.

Gleipnir is the only Sacred Twin not effective against monsters. (Aside from Latona, but that's a staff)

Edited by Charpig

Pretty sure anyone who has played both routes know this but I'll post it in case someone didn't know.

When Joshua fights Caellach in the desert map, he says different things depending on which route you took.

Pretty sure anyone who has played both routes know this but I'll post it in case someone didn't know.

When Joshua fights Caellach in the desert map, he says different things depending on which route you took.

It's the same thing with Cormag and Valter. On Eir route, Cormag comes to the conclusion that Valta killed his brother, while on Eph route, Valta simply asks Cougar to swear fealty to Lyon once again.

Dey be stealin ma thread.

In one of Ross's support conversations (Specifically Lute's) it's mention that his mother was good at magic and tried to teach it to him (that last part might not be true, I'm not sure)

It's the same thing with Cormag and Valter. On Eir route, Cormag comes to the conclusion that Valta killed his brother, while on Eph route, Valta simply asks Cougar to swear fealty to Lyon once again.

I never knew that..... despite me playing through the game so many times.

The Shamshir is basically the same weapon as the Wo Dao, but usable by bonewalkers, wights and assassins too (not just myrms, swordmasters, female lord).

The Wyrmslayer gets 1 more MT and 10 more uses. The cost per use remains the same: 150 G/use.

• 2 weeks later...

When someone attacks Ephraim in his promoted form from a distance (2 range), his lance sprite is the same as if he had equipped a throwing weapon (javelin, spear) even when he hasnt. When attacked at 1 range, the lance sprite is different.

Orson has two portraits a playable character portrait and a boss portrait where he's more pale with eyes more opened. (IIRC)

You remember correctly. He goes from 'sunken eyes' to 'reaaaally damn sunken eyes'.

Incidentally, O'Neill returns as Orson's bodyguard.

• 3 weeks later...