I Don't Care If People Think You Suck, I'm Using You Anyways

Randoman

Oh, right, her. I use her as a combat unit, too. I think I only actually took her to 4-E in EM (don't remember for sure about NM, but think not), but I pretty much always give her an energy drop and abuse some str to get that bolting in 3-2. 20 str Heather is still pretty bad at the whole combat thing, but at least she's not Mist/Lyre + doubling bad anymore. And I always get her up to at least 20/1 and then she helps out with silver daggers in 4-1 and 4-4 until she can use Baselard in 4-4. I just love using her.

What about those 17 AS bandits in 1-8?

They're pretty rage-inducing too, but a lot of them still proc 15-16AS so Edward gets them. And while their defense is crazy high, he can ORKO with BEXP + Brave Sword. Even if he misses the ORKO, he can pull out the Killing Edge and still do good damage.

Hmmmm. Same here, other than PoR Rolf. I'm not willing to waste a blessing on a Wyrmslayer, and I just like thunder magic. Being cute helps too. :awesome: :awesome: As for Laura, I try to get her promoted before part 3 (gogo trapping a mage and forcing it to attack her if her Str gets high enough to damage it).

I find that in EM, there's enough BEXP to send Laura to Tier 2 without needing to take part in shenanigans like that.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that in EM, you can get to endgame with your entire Endgame team at 20/20/20 including Meg and Fiona whom you just BEXP'd from base level to max. BEXP there's just a bit ridiculous.

Edit: Oh, and I can have multiple GMs tier 3 by 3-4.

Edited by Rewjeo

What about on Normal Mode?

I'd assume so. I got her to level 20 in 3-6 on HM with just giving her lots of bexp and having her heal all the time. Turncounts hovering around the 10 mark, though, and 14 between 1-6-1 and 1-6-2, but the question was if you can do it without those kinds of crazy shenanigans and you can.

Oh, right, her. I use her as a combat unit, too. I think I only actually took her to 4-E in EM (don't remember for sure about NM, but think not), but I pretty much always give her an energy drop and abuse some str to get that bolting in 3-2. 20 str Heather is still pretty bad at the whole combat thing, but at least she's not Mist/Lyre + doubling bad anymore. And I always get her up to at least 20/1 and then she helps out with silver daggers in 4-1 and 4-4 until she can use Baselard in 4-4. I just love using her.

I thought I would be pulling up something impressive by using her as a reliable combat unit in HM effecient play. =0

Aran, Laura and Meg in FE10. I can get Laura to Saint by the desert chapter on Normal Mode, but that pretty much requires Paragon and plenty of BEXP. And for the record, yes, there is enough to do so. Laura's growths are amazing as well (70% on Magic, Skill and Speed hot DAMN!), so she makes great use of BEXP.

I'm pretty sure that Noish falls into the catagory of "I suck" more than Alec.

Yes, Alec has less Str, Def and HP than Noish. Alec also doubles shit with Pursuit while Noish needs to activate Charge (cuts durability down by a LOT by adding at least one more round of combat) or Critical (hello there 7 Skl with a 30% growth rate) to equal Alec's output. Simply put, it ain't gonna happen. Therefore, Noish is more of a "shittyness" unit than Alec.

I still use both of them, by the way.

Aran, Laura and Meg in FE10. I can get Laura to Saint by the desert chapter on Normal Mode, but that pretty much requires Paragon and plenty of BEXP. And for the record, yes, there is enough to do so. Laura's growths are amazing as well (70% on Magic, Skill and Speed hot DAMN!), so she makes great use of BEXP.

Aran isn't bad. He's a unit with decent durability in a group where durability is sorely lacking. Laura is the only healer of the aforementioned group, and will have plenty of targets to heal (on my Boss Abuse run, where I tried to max out as many levels as possible, I got her to 20/20/3 at the end of Part 1). Meg is alright if trained, but being in an EXP starved group at a low join level definitely puts her in the suck category, so she fits.

Speaking of Radiant Dawn, I always WANTED to do this with Fiona, but... holy crap does she suck. By the time she joins, even the run of the mill mooks can two round her. You have to spam BEXP and forge a powerful weapon for her to be any use, and even then she only gets two or three chapters where she can participate until Part 3. All of which are indoors and have a movement penalty for mounted units like her. Why, IS, why?!

but then I ask you: "What are amazing growth when you got crap caps like that?"

srsly I thought ArchSages had bad caps, I quickly changed my mind when I saw the saint caps >.>

but then I ask you: "What are amazing growth when you got crap caps like that?"

srsly I thought ArchSages had bad caps, I quickly changed my mind when I saw the saint caps >.>

Then there's Meg; 65% Speed growth, but hammered by a garbage 22 speed cap in second tier. Either way, there are a good few units that have good growths in a certain stat, but suffer due to low caps in said stat.

Oh yeah. Add FE10!Makalov up there. I only use him when he has transfers. And this only happened once. He was pretty damn amazing, as he could double the important enemies for a good time, and have high Mov.

• 3 weeks later...

* Get lost Lilina bashers, I'll use her no matter what you say.

* FE9 Ilyana is a nice char to use IMO.

* I pity those who think Adan/Edin is a bad pairing, Adan!Lester is a cool char to use when you make sure to make him inherit the Pursuit Ring and the Killer Bow, and Lana's improved defenses don't hurt either. (Sure, it's weaker than Midayle and Jamuka/Edin, but a bit too underestimated considering the advantages it offers other non-bow wielder fathers).

* I actually like Levin!Corpul, with the Leg Ring and a little Reserve Staff spamming he's good to go. After all, I have no qualms rotating Holsety between the three possible inheritors in my various playthroughs.

* And also, get lost Leilia fans, I much prefer Lynn's looks and item inheritance advantage (and Holyn!Lynn is a guilty pleasure to play with a 50-Kill Hero Sword). Charisma and Barrier Sword sure are cool, but Lynn all the way for me.

* Rodohlban doesn't get tons of credits to due to being Skasaha's sub, but I think he's one of the best substitutes out there. Ambush + 50-kills Ayra's Hero Sword = great.

Any "Est" type character. It's a really terrible type of way to play if you're trying to be efficient, but for some reason babying some 12 year old and building them up into this murderous baby-faced monstrosity really appeals to me.

Hell, that was basically the basis for my "cute run" of PoR!

Top 5:

Soren

Tormod

Jill

Rolf

Sothe

D'AWWWWWWWW. Though to be fair I don't think Soren and Jill are typically regarded as suckish. I also didn't know about the shortage of BEXP in hard mode at the time so it was an interesting run.

Makalov is like my favorite character in pretty much the entire Tellius series period, I use him all the goddamn time and baby the shit out of him.

• 2 weeks later...

FE4: Tiltyu, Amid (the one time I got him because I just get Arthur otherwise). Also I don't really like to pair up Levin and Fury. It's obvious and Seth rocks almost regardless of his father anyway. Levin/Tiltyu <3

FE6: Lilina, Lilina, Lilina, Lilina, Lilina. But Wolt is the one I always pair up with Roy for purely aesthetic purposes. <3 Also, Percival in Normal Mode (I'm still not sure if that counts), Cass, Hugh and sometimes Wendy.

FE7: Isadora. Also, I tend to use all the spellcasters at the same time (but not Nino... mostly), does that count? I swear I've never even seen Chapter 26 with Jerme.

FE8: Everyone except Knoll/Rennac is good enough and I don't like those two very much. So, nobody. D:

Also, I'm sure I will just use a lot of spellcasters anyway when I get to play FE10. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Edited by Axie

They come at level three and level one. In, like, Chapter Eight.

If you think Amelia is 'a great unit' I will hit you in the face with a shovel.

No problems with anyone wanting to use her, though. I mean, look at that honest, doomed redshirt face.

FE 4: Diadora (in one playthrough, because I misunderstood that her stat will help in Yuria base, sigh)

FE 6: Lilina, Sophia (I really, really love her! even make her A support with Roy )Oujay

FE 7: Farina (just because she's exclusive to Hector Mode and I'd like to A support her with Hector - Lilina's Mother FTW yay)

FE 12: Yumina, Katarina

All Est archetype

Sacred Stones' trainees. I play more for final potential than ease, speed and efficiency and my slow, defensive technique makes training them not too hard. Amelia's still a pain to get going though.

• 4 months later...
Guest Wen Yang

FE 1/11 - Est

FE 3/12 - Cecil (I seem to see a lot of hate for her compared to Luke/Rody...), Est, Sheema

FE 4 - You get to deploy everyone so N/A

FE 5 - Miranda

FE 6 - Lilina, Wendy, Sophia

FE 7 - Farina, Karla, Rebecca, Louise

FE 8 - Amelia (if she counts)

FE 9 - Lucia, Elincia

FE10 - Micaiah, Sanaki, Ilyana, Vika, Leanne, The peggies

What can I say? I got a weakness to a pretty/cute face :)

In FE 8: Neimi, Ewan, Moulder

In FE9: Ilyana, Mia, Lucia, Elincia, Volke

And in FE 10: Pelleas, Elincia, Laura, oh and sometimes Lucia

Edited by Xander

FE 1/11 - Est

FE 3/12 - Cecil (I seem to see a lot of hate for her compared to Luke/Rody...), Est, Sheema

FE 4 - You get to deploy everyone so N/A

FE 5 - Miranda

FE 6 - Lilina, Wendy, Sophia

FE 7 - Farina, Karla, Rebecca, Louise

FE 8 - Amelia (if she counts)

FE 9 - Lucia, Elincia

FE10 - Micaiah, Sanaki, Ilyana, Vika, Leanne, The peggies

What can I say? I got a weakness to a pretty/cute face :)

I can say the same, but I have my limits... *glares at Wendy and Sophia with the evil eye*

FE1/3-Book1/11 - Norne, Radd

FE4 - Diadora, Patty

FE6 - Cecilia, Echidna, Geese?

FE7 - Geitz?, Isadora, Karla

FE8 - Neimi, Marisa, Amelia

FE9 - Ilyana, Lucia, Geoffrey, Tanith, Elincia

FE10 - Calill, Astrid, Micaiah, Geoffrey, Heather,

Haven't played FE2, and FE3-Book2, and Thracia 776? not finished it yet, too freaking hard.