So my mom and I just fought over something... once AGAIN

Not gonna go into detail about it but I think I just blew my chances of getting all the things I could have gotten if I just had backed down a little bit while I was arguing.

Has anyone argued with their parents without fearing a punishment? I for one have never gotten ANY punishments and I've fought with my mom PLENTY of times and she never punished me.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hesitantly fight with my parents. But usually I don't argue back because my dad is the most stubborn person ever and any slight opposition sends him into a rage where he punishes unjustly. It sucks. He is usually wrong too. But of course I would say that. I usually just avoid interaction with my parents to avoid the chance of a fight.

How do you get away with arguing without punishments? That just seems unreal to me.

I get into arguments with my mom plenty of times. She says it's because we're alike in personality.

While I do agree with that reasoning, I strongly believe it's because she's a troll =_=

She usually never backs up her arguments and annoys me for the lulz

How do you get away with arguing without punishments? That just seems unreal to me.

She's too busy for me.

Clearly your mother views you as a worthy adversary.

I wouldn't say that. We tend to argue over my behavior and attitude etc.

Not gonna go into detail about it but I think I just blew my chances of getting all the things I could have gotten if I just had backed down a little bit while I was arguing.

Has anyone argued with their parents without fearing a punishment? I for one have never gotten ANY punishments and I've fought with my mom PLENTY of times and she never punished me.

me and my dad fight alot especially lately, he thinks i hate our family...which for the mostpart i do.

Eh. I do it a lot. My mother ragequits on me after a while even if i am right. :/

ragequits are gay, you dont feel like you were absolutely right and you couldnt get your point through =[

Im to the point where I dont hold back in arguements. I basically got tired of my dad saying, 'DONT DO THIS, DONT DO THAT' when he does the same thing daily. So now, I say, 'hey, guess what, just saw you do that yesterday. Sooooo yeah.'

If there's any fights I have with my parents nowadays it's usually because of my mom. Any fights I have with my mom, it's asking her to stop ordering junk the family doesn't need and asking her to stop talking to herself when it's getting annoying for me, and in some cases, well let's just say that her presence in my room alone pushes my berserk button. If there's any fights with my dad, it's usually his reaction to my fights with my mom, and in rare cases, it's with what he wants me to do that I disagree with at that moment.

I lol'd a bit Nightmare :lol:

Anyways, usually when i get into fights its because i have been playing until 12:00-2:00. They for some reason can't understand that its summer vacation and that i want to stay up late.

Ayways, i also had a bit of an argument with my dad because i was watching some anime, and he was talking and i couldn't listen, told him to stop and he just started to yell at me... :facepalm: Other times he just starts to insult my habits in the computer (Watching anime and going here) when he feels like using the computer, and i ask why he can't just ask nicely if he could use the computer and it all goes downhill from there.

However if i get into screaming arguments and such not really. And i don't get punished.

I wouldn't say that. We tend to argue over my behavior and attitude etc.

Well that's kind of ironic.

I argue with my mom when she does stupid things (imagine that). I try to have her buy healthy groceries, quit smoking, exercise, et cetera, but she won't listen. Other than that, she yells at me for not cleaning.

She's not the person I have major problems with in my house, because I respect her; it's my younger brother who's annoying.

Are you trying to be the most stereotypical American teenager?

hehe that made me laugh :D

not really trying, guess it just comes naturally... am i like the first on this site or sumthin?

I HATE MY FAMILY BUT ACTUALLY IM JUST A TEEN WHO WANTS TO BE MORE LOVED THAN I ALREADY AM, EG ROOF, FOOD, MONEY, POWER, AND MORE! I ALSO WANT THEM TO BOW DOWN AND ADMIT THEY ARE WRONG AND SHIT, ALSO I WANT LOVE AND THE ABILITY TO EBAY SELL ALL OF MY MOMS JEWLRY. ALSO I WANT TO BE ABLE TO FUCK IN MY HOUSE WITHOUT BEING HOUNDED. MY LIFE IS SOOOO HARD. Thats that I guess.