Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 17: I got nothing.

Snowy_One

As Irina approached, Ulfhrahn calmed down slightly. That girl was a good friend to his master, and though he wasn't sure why, had engaged in a pseudo-mating ritual with her, or so he could gather.

As the female swooped in and stole a horse, Ulfhrahn watched her leave, with a loss of interest. While mating was important, there was something odd about that female. She was too desireable, there was surely some sort of defect to her, perhaps she would attempt to devour their offspring in a bout of insanity, or any other unthinkable things for a sane wyvern to do.

Seeing Krinkov look back to him inquisitively, Ulfhrahn saw he meant no threat, and let out a sigh, well, as close as he could to one, anyway, and moved back towards his master, who was now in an almost terrified state.

Had he been that intimidating? Ulfrhahn wondered, his master usually steadfast and strong.

Seeing Ulfhrahn calm down, Aiya let out a relieved sigh.

"It's alright guys... he's calmed down."

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wagon

Lev: Sheesh, you guys are ignorant as sin. Wyverns don't just find and f*ck each other. They weed out competitors and then spend a few days following the female around until she picks a nest. THEN they mate, not before. Do you see a nest around here? Ah f*ck it. Grab what you want and let's get going. I need to find someone to make a wyvern cage ...

Merchant: So you are certain that Pressha will leave me alone?

Lev: Pressha? Oh right, the wyvern. Yeah. She was clearly after these Rudoberry crap. We take it from you, and you don't resupply for a few weeks ... and you'll be fine I assume.

Merchant: I certainly hope so ... well thank you for helping me, good sir.

Lev: It's what I do (Not usually for free but I'll make an exception just these once if I can get a wyvern out of these. A female one at that.)

"Er... no, other than you're apparently delusional," Kelas replied, willing Rita to go away. "Do I even need to say it? Drop the 'mister', I'm a woman." She glanced down: being held onto pulled her tunic closer, making it a little more obvious. "Did you lose your glasses or something?"

"...What the hell is wrong with you?" Kelas asked. "You're flirting with a woman and with someone who was, up until you started harassing him, asleep! Don't you have anything better to do?! And why are you so convinced that I'm a man?!" She realized that she was raising her voice, and quieted down a bit. "Can you please leave us alone?"

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

OOC: Pheromone inducers do not work that fast. Is she retarded?

Oh and Psych ... once that sh*t takes effect it's going to last for awhile. That female wyvern was just coming down from the stuff when she started drinking the new batch. Pay close attention to my posts, people.

Isotov

Iso: Urgh ... Kelas is a woman, and I don't usually smell people. That's Lev's thing.

Rita:

";_; You, you don't like me? Waaaaaaaaah!" Rita started bawling, before walking up and slapping Kelas in the face. "I hope you two men are happy together!" Still crying, Rita ran ahead of the group down the road.

"Mayhap you should invest in getting some padding for your chest, Lady Kelas, so that other women do not flirt with you." offered Altion.

"I expect we'll see her soon. Knowing our luck, she'll have twenty armed guards with her as well." said Esphyr.

"Dear lady, I have but offered a suggestion to aid what seems to be a problem for you. If there was mockery or mal-intent, I did not place it there on purpose. However, if you showed a more effeminate body, or at least carried some mark to distinguish yourself as a girl, the amount of people whom consider you a man would decrease. They can not all be expected to be able to tell based on your facial shape alone."

"Considering Rita slapped Kelas in the face, I doubt the two of them are going to have a romantic relationship, so I wouldn't bother." Morgan said dryly. "Well, unless there's sadomasochism involved or somesuch, I can never tell with you people sometimes." she said, rolling her eyes.

Isotov

Isotov listened to the conversations and thought to himself. The agitation was still on his face.

Iso: (Damn, will they just let the matter be? It reminds me of when people told me to cut my hair. Sometimes people ... mostly idiots are going to think Kelas is a man ... ... who cares? As long as it doesn't turn into a fiasco I can live with it, and I'm sure she can too given her reluctance to change to tighter clothes.)

Irina and Levski

Irina: So do you think that wyvern will come back?

Lev: ... soon as she's done eating, she'll track us to our destination and try to take the last of these Rudoberry crap.

EDIT: Deciding to add Ixion episode in next post.

Edited by Phoenix

"Your face madame. It is a nice face. Smooth, but also tempered, like the plains you still smell of." replied Altion, turning away from Kelas.

---

Esphyr gave a yawn before turning to look at Lev. "Hey Lev! How's it feel to meet a woman you can't control?"

DDE

Dani rode on one of the lucky horses that survived the battle, head down, eyes glazed over, in thought. Occasionally, someone would ride over near her and ask if she was alright. In those cases, the mage would put on a smile, and say that she was fine, a ruse that faded as soon as the other party left. Mostly, she thought about those recent incidents, where she nearly killed her brother and Alferis. I'm a hazard to the group... Maybe I should just... leave. Brooding about that, she rode on by, oblivious to the merchant or the wyvern shenanigans.

Derek, on the other hand, wasn't so grim. Riding with Viveka behind him, he relaxed as they exited the canyon. The wide open plains were easier to spot possible attacks, and so, he loosened his grip on the reins, a little. Riding Ann brought back memories, of before the accident, and reminded the cavalier how much he missed riding, especially with Kay.... No, best not to think of that. Returning to the task at hand, he stopped with everyone else at the merchant, and remained silent the entire time, only cringing when the pink wyvern flew close to him. After it left, he waited for the journey to resume, slightly wary of the skies.

Eric was rather austere, compared to his usual demeanor. All the time as he ran, he was mentally cursing himself, for not being strong enough to protect Charlotte. A rational part of his mind acknowledged that he was not to blame, mostly, but the emotional part didn't care. He had failed, yet again... Was it his fate, to constantly screw up? He chewed on that thought, as the group stopped. After the wyvern incident, which somehow failed to maim him, the swordsman watched Rita apparently get offended by Kelas, and saw her run off, crying. Sighing, he went over to the nomad, and, after the new cavalier turned away from her, asked, "What did she run off for this time?"

OOC: To Directus, through the glory of Timeskip!

Captain Luc

Directus greeted the weary knight's eyes and he held back a cheer at the sight. It was no time to be happy. The walls and main gate grew closer to his vision, barely damaged at all in the earlier earthquakes. Archers patrolled above, pairs of knights patrolled the perimeter of the circular fortification and a dozen guards stood watch within the gate. Luc removed a small flag from his saddlebag and waved it about before charging up to the gate.

"Luc," an orange-colored Armor Knight named Gran said. Gran was one of the toughest Armor Knights Luc knew, he was as strong as a craze bull with the temper to match. He was also Jess' boyfriend. "Good to see you back, where's everyone else? Where's Jess?"

"Later Gran," Luc kept the news of Jess' death hidden for now. There would be a time and place for Luc's inevitable beating. "There's a group coming behind me that I will be taking to Councilmen Richtor and General Mendozza."

"Must be something pretty big if you're in a rush, alright then." Gran waved a certain hand sign after he had finished speaking. Above the gate an archer noticed the signal and sent his own. The signals continued, reaching all the way to the two men that Luc wanted to see. They would be ready.

"Good, what's about to happen may be the most grave thing Directus has directly involved with," Luc sounded grim.

"Well, that sounds ominous," Gran said with a bit of humor.

Luc waited until the rest of the group arrived before speaking once again. "Halt! Before the lot of you are officially allowed inside Directus, I will first need to bring your leader to Councilmen Richtor. The rest of you can wait inside the Visitor's Center until the business is concluded."

OOC: I do hope this is okay, yes yes.

Levski

Turning to Esphyr with a frustrated smile on his face, Lev replied.

Lev: Eh, feels pretty typical actually.

The Dark Chamber

Ixion had taken the clothes that Miranda originally possessed and had them cleaned. She was still a little disturbed that Ixion had so carelessly and thoughtlessly removed them from her corpse, but she preferred those clothes to new ones and accepted them. Ixion began explaining the things that he found relevant to her, and after a few hours of discussion, he decided to make his proposal.

Ixion: I'm afraid that I didn't bring you back do something as useless as returning to your old life.

Miranda: Right ... you wanted an apprentice.

Ixion nodded confirming what she had said.

Miranda: So you picked a private tutor who focuses solely on anima magic? Odd choice ...

Ixion: Not at all. It is not about me teaching you the elder arts and transforming you into a druid. It transcends average apprenticeship.

Miranda: How so?

Ixion: If you serve under me and learn from me, in time you and I will both aspire to great heights.

Miranda: Might've worked better with Irina honestly. How old are you anyway?

Ixion: Twenty-six.

Miranda: ... right. Aren't you a bit young to be acting like an old fossil trying to obtain ultimate power and pass it down through an apprentice? Shouldn't you be doing other things, like wooing pretty girls and enjoying youth?

Ixion: Like Lev? I think not. Women bring only so much pleasure to life, and hardly anything worth sacrificing my time for. Pleasures of the flesh are just that, nothing to be compared to what I can obtain if I abstain from meaningless earthly bonds such as those.

Miranda: :mellow:

Ixion stood up from the chair and leaned back against the wall behind it, something unusual as he almost never relaxed.

Miranda: Well you're certainly missing out on some things.

Ixion: Hardly. Power is more important than time wasted on other people.

Miranda let out a soft giggle before her response.

Miranda: You don't get it, do you? We exist to be together. Life of and by itself is meaningless. Spend enough time alone and your ultimate power will leave you feeling completely empty. Without other people in life, you have no reason to exist. Even Shanice has friends ... sort of.

Ixion: The relevance of my existence is not tied to other people, nor will I allow such a thing!

Miranda: It already is. Ivanko, the man you serve with what just can't be considered true loyalty at first blush. Irina, the girl you wanted to train but couldn't. Isotov, the childhood friend you now loathe. Levski and Ivan, your brothers in arms. Stephanie, probably some girl you have a crush on. All of them matter a great deal to you, or you wouldn't protest so much.

Ixion: Grrr.

Ixion came off of the wall and turned to face her with an angry look on his face.

Ixion: So you're teaching me now?

Miranda: The teacher teaches the student as the student teaches the teacher. It's a wonderful saying.

She finally stood up and took a few steps toward him keeping her arms crossed.

Miranda: Your life is also closely tied to mine now too. Look at you, everything you've done just to acquire a person to spend time with?

Ixion: What?

Miranda: What did you see in me from Shanice that made you want to bring me back that badly? Did you want what Isotov had? Someone who could finally understand you? Someone who could see right through your fog of darkness and touch your soul? Was that it?

He looked away from her, his face going from anger to slight confusion. Miranda however had a look of genuine concern in her eyes.

Miranda: It's okay. You can tell me. That's why I'm here isn't it?

Ixion: What will I tell you? that you're right? You. Are. Wrong. I will sacrifice whatever and whoever I must to reach my final destination.

Miranda: Your final destination is a grave. You want it to read "Ixion, lonely magical dork" or something?

Ixion: Doesn't matter.

He walked to the door of the chamber and opened it. She quickly stomped her foot to get his attention.

Miranda: Where are you going? Weren't you proposing to me?

Ixion: ... if you wanted to accept my offer, I figured you would have said yes by now, not try poke me for meaningless emotional responses.

Miranda: There is no such thing as a meaningless response ... of any kind. Don't pretend. If I get any sort of reaction out of you, I'm getting the truth.

Ixion: *sigh* perhaps. Nonetheless ... I need a reprieve from this.

Miranda: I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable, Ixion. I'm trying to share with you what no one else can. You brought me back to be with you ... to be by your side, and you've shut out everyone else. That means I'm the only one who can get through to you and show you what you're too blind to see on your own.

She continued to stare at him like a mother would to a troubled child, and Ixion stared at her with what looked like benign fear.

Ixion: (... what ... are you? What are you to tell me who and what I am?)