Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 17: I got nothing.

Snowy_One

Isotov

Iso could tell several people (women) were surrounding him and he wasn't sure what was going on. All he knew was that his head was feeling very warm and almost pressed down on by a crushing force of energy. When he heard Morgan read some of the message aloud he spoke up.

Iso: Okay, what's going on? My head feels like it's caught in something's jaws.

The letters soon vanished and Iso fell back a little under the sudden relief of his head not being compressed any longer!

Iso: Ugh ... what's coming to mess my life up next?

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sure... I'll keep an eye on him, Kelas," Tessa told the nomad before she strode off in the direction of the shaman.

Fingering her staff nervously, the troubadour asked the fire mage a couple of questions in the meantime. "Do you feel anything, Isotov? Does it hurt, are you having any strange... urges? Do you know my name?" Not really sure what might be the problem, she tried to hopefully cover most of the bases.

Before she got a reply, Morgan had made her way over, caught the message, and started talking to thin air. It was somewhat distressing, but the fact that Sis was here, and seemed to have an inkling of what was going on helped to reassure Tessa, at least a little. The mention of 'draining lifeforce' on the other hand, left her still in a state of some agitation.

Isotov started to reply, however it seemed he was as confused as any of them. He mentioned that he could feel... something... like a pressure, and then bemoaned whatever might be the cause of it. As the letters abruptly vanished, he visibly relaxed however.

Edit: Added last paragraph

Edited by Balcerzak

"What's going on?" Conrad asked, walking over to Isotov, and stopped in his tracks when he saw the message. "What the..." he muttered, and went to examine the message more, before it disappeared right in front of him. "... I've seen a lot of crazy things in the past few weeks, but this... this is madness."

Edited by Lightning

Luc Altair

Luc continued his rounds around the camp. He noticed that some of the group were gathering around that man Isotov, but the lack of yelling and general threats to safety assured Luc it wasn't a big deal.

I wonder if I can find another job. Anything's better than sticking around with these guys. Well almost Reika thought silently, walking a little ways away from everyone else.

Let's see, I wonder when my new instructions will come in. Maybe they'll call me back or launch an attack on the group. Maybe. I hope. I guess I can run after that and leave them to kill each other. Nothing else I can do. Though I can wipe the smirks off of some of their faces. Though where to go...that's the question. And how to make that bandit stop following me. Now I wonder where else I can find work.

Isotov

After listening to the small bits of explanation, mostly from Kelas, Iso clutched his fist and growled a bit.

Iso: Grrr! Ixion ...

OOC: ... I got nothin ...

As Reika wandered a bit still near the camp, she saw a hooded man, appear in front of her. He word a black cloak, but underneath, his face was painted white, an ugly scar going through his jaw and ending at the forehead. He had a small smile on his face and clutched a staff.

"Who the hell are you?" said Reika, drawing a dagger.

"A friend of your employer. Ease up, I have instructions," he said in a calm quiet voice, his smile widening.

"Instructions?"

"Yes. We have developed quite an interest you. You possess great skills. And you do quite well for a girl without her Crimson Daggers."

"How do you-oh," said Reika, remembering how she rushed one of her employers with Calamity.

"Yes. The thief in the group could prove quite a threat to our plans. Your current orders are to investigate him and retrieve the Crimson weapons."

"Yeah, well, new fee if you want me to do it."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. These new orders weren't part of our original agreement. You want me to obey you, you give me gold."

"Hihihihih. Hehehehehehahahhahahhahahhhahhahha," the man cackled, an aura of dark magic bursting out. It was quite strong, potent enough to knock Reika off her feet.

"As you can see, I'm quite powerful, and I will not hesitate to kill you if you don't do what I say. Because you see, we could always find another spy. We may lose time, but we have all the time in the world," he grinned, his teeth a pearl white. "Now do you see? You will obey us, or I will strip the flesh from your bones."

".....I suppose I have no choice," Reika said harshly, getting back up.

"No you don't. Now don't even think of running off, because that pendant we gave you has tracking properties, and if you run, we'll cut out your tongue and then we'll make you spy for us."

"Ok you win. But when I'm done with this, I'm going to tear your liver out, cook it in your own blood and then feed it to your children," she hissed, enraged at her lack of control of the situation.

"Quite. Now it's time for me to Rewarp back to the base. And before I go, I have something to ask you, why is a raven like a writing desk?"

"What?"

"I love riddles. And I love to amuse people. I love to see them smile. It's such a joy when I kill them. By the end, they're always smiling, happy to be free of me," the dark druid spoke, raising his staff.

"Now get to it," the dark druid said before teleporting out, leaving Reika standing with her fists clenched, her teeth gritted in rage.