Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 17: I got nothing.

Snowy_One

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: He's on a horse....... >.>

Reika aiming to kick Helios in the groin missed and kicked Kira in the stomach causing the horse to rise up and drop Helios. As the group left him behind, he got up. "A spy you say. Interesting." He mounted onto his horse and sped up trying to catch up with the groups pace.

Edited by Kai

"I don't know, I've never known anything else," Kelas replied. "But some of us stay put more. It's not really constant motion, either, not with the tribes anwyay, most just have a few camps that they rotate between as seasons change. Used to be there were a few farming tribes, that stayed put-- this is what I've been told, anyway-- but all the land they had was ruined during the first war with the demons, and turned back to desert. After I left I kind of got used to never staying anywhere, though..."

Luc Altair

Seeing that a part of the group had gotten into yet another fight -- Tessa oddly enough, seemed to be part of this one -- Luc felt it was within reason to go over there, learn what was happening and try and defuse it. When he had finally arrived though, thing's were looking to be getting even more out of hand. The girl, Reika, that Alf had been carrying earlier had shouted out something about a 'spy' and kicked Helios' horse, flinging him to the ground in the process. And now she was shouting about wanting to kill him.

"No, no one's going about killing anyone," Luc said. It was already obvious trying to claim authority over this girl would end in failure if she was threatening to kill a Crimson wielder. "Unless you really believe you could outrun and outhide everyone."

Giving Helios another glare, Reika was going to speed up to pull his guts out before she saw two tiny figures on her hands, no taller than 2 inches.

"Wait Reika! You can't do that!" said one of them in a tiny voice. She looked like Reika but was dressed in a cotton robe.

"Who the hell are you?" said Reika growling.

"I'm your good side! I'm the thing you talk to when you face a moral dilemma. I'm supposed to prevent you from doing something bad, though I'm not really good at it..."

"Oh don't listen to that bleeding heart pansy. Go perform some violence! Wonderful violence! Hot Sauce!" said the other, in a tiny, yet masculine voice. It also looked like Reika bad had red skin and horns and wore black leather pants and a very revealing bra.

"....Hot sauce?" she said. To all outside observers, it appeared Reika was standing in a trance talking to herself, her eyes glazed and staring at her shoes.

Happy to see Reika back down from threatening her friend, Tessa tried to figure out what to say. If she told the thief that she'd already ended up with all her stuff gone once already, though the face-down in the alley bit hadn't happened, she could only imagine the further tongue-lashings that might ensue.

While she was trying to come up with the proper response, her worst fears were realized, and others had noticed the altercation. Helios had ridden up, and added in a rather thoughtless insult in reply to the leash comment before Tessa had had a chance to try to disabuse Reika of her mistaken notions in her own way. The situation only got worse from thereon out.

Arrin made a motion that they should move on, and leave the two to squabble on their own, but Tessa couldn't help but feel responsible. Not to mention the wind mage had always been rather considerate of her as far as she could remember. "This whole business started over something I said... or did... I think?" she said, shaking her head. "I can't just abandon it now."

Before she managed to try to break up the situation though, Luc rode up, and was attempting to put things down with a firm command, and clear logic. Her cheeks flushed a little with shame, at having to have her mess cleaned up by someone else, and now having second thoughts she turned back to Arrin.

"...Though, maybe you're right, at this point, all I could do is probably make things even worse. It's obvious Reika has issues with me, maybe I should just leave well enough alone..." she sighed plaintively.

Luc Altair

Reika had stopped arguing and yelling and stopped dead on the spot starring down at the ground. That, was incredibly worrying in so many bad ways. "Don't get too close, it may be a ploy," Luc warned Helios.

"You need to relax. This isnt the first time she tried to kill me. I always emerge victorious :D ." He piped up.

OOC: The only thing that will stop him is HM or someone drop kicking him into a tree.

Edited by Kai

"Settle down back there" Morgan called out. "There will be no stabbing of Tessa or Arrin or even Helios and Reika. Keep your weapons to yourselves or we'll have knock you out and that will most unpleasant when you wake up." she warned.

Edited by -Cynthia-

"You usually listen to her," said the angel, pointing a finger disapprovingly at the devil.

"So I gather..." said Reika, still puzzled on what Hot Sauce was.

"Yeah, ya usually do. 84.66% of the time. For instance when given the option of stealing someone's purse to check if they had a map when you were lost or to ask for directions, you chose to steal the purse."

"Wow. I....didn't think I was that bad."

"You're what the world lets you be. But I'm just the petty quirky evil side. THIS is your extreme murderous evil side," said the devil, as a Reika in a wizard's robe covered in blood appeared.

"DESTROY HIM! KILL HIM! TEAR HIS GUTS OUT AND WEAR IT AS A BRA!"

"....Whoa."

"Yeah. You can see why I'm usually afraid of him," said the devil, hiding behind the angel.

"So I see. Do all people have these sides?"

"Sure! Just that one is slightly bigger than usual. You rarely listen to him. Most of your murders over someone struggling to avoid being mugged or the like are what I suggest."

"Yeah."

"So what are my choices?"

"Well, you can call him an asshat and slap him, you can slap him and give him a quick kill later and steal his wallet, or you can kill him later and eat him for dinner," explained the angel.

"Whoa. I thought you were my good side."

"Yeah, well this guy is an asshat. We inner manifestations often have conventions. According to his evil side, he obeys it nearly as frequently as you do, if not more so."

"Conventions?"

Luc Altair

"Arrogance and carelessness are a greater enemy than anything of flesh and bone. Confidence is all well and good until it steeps into overconfidence, and such terrible things happen as walking back on a routine patrol and having people die," Luc warned the other man partially using Luc's own reason to be so cautious. Granted, the girl had never done anything to Luc specificlly -- not yet at least -- but gong aroud shouting you'd kill your own comrades wasn't going to make Luc trust her.

Luc heard Morgan yell at them all next. It was sound advice. Though Reika seemed to be out of it enough as it was.

"Or you can stab him later and let him live. Or you can just beat the crap out of him in his sleep for revenge," said the devil, grinning.

"Oohhh," said Reika, these actions appealing for her.

"Don't listen to him! If you succeed, you go for 1% less! Do you want to end up like that weird little mage who wears a wide brimmed hat and deliberately behaves evilly? Just slap the doofus bitch upside the head and move on!"

"I think I'll beat him up when he's sleeping," said Reika.

"Nuts."

"Hahah."

"SHUT UP YOU CLOWNS! THE MEATBAGS ARE ON TO US! WE MUST GO TO TACO BELL!"

"Taco Bell?" Reika asked, very confused by all this.

"Forget it. You're going back to the real world now. Remember your decision!" said the devil fading away.

Reika found herself drooling on the ground, with Luc and Helios staring at her.

"What the hell are you doing? Get out of here," she snarled at them.

"We'll talk later," she said to Tessa, hurrying past everyone.

Luc Altair

"My, telling us to get out of here before running away herself? How terribly contradictory," Luc said in slight amusement. He would have to keep an eye on that girl, or get the spy to do it for him. Something wasn't right, she might have had a plan of sorts and Luc wasn't about to risk losing a Crimson wielder over whatever grudge she had. But he didn't want to tip his hand just yet. Luc wouldn't warn Helios; people with plans grow bold if they think them secret.

With that situation partially diffused at least, Luc and Thunder walked over to Tessa and her friend Arrin. "Are you alright, Dame Tessa? Sir Arrin?"

Isotov

Iso: Wow. Now there's a history lesson I haven't gotten before. I'll admit, what I knew about nomads came from common folk who likely didn't no much themselves. (And here I was trying to reach Ilyphina to find what at the time I thought was my future master. And then the big shock came. That's pathetic.)

Viveka

Viveka: H-huh?

Susann had been listening since the two were talking and wasn't sure what to think. Why was he riding with them again? Once Viveka's tone became nervous, it came to her in an instant! Pary wanted to mate with her didn't he?! This wasn't the first time she'd seen this ... or the hundreth really. Still, this was odd to her due to their clear differences in age and she became extremely nervous.

Viveka: Well I-

Suddenly, a tiny little creature on the road came over! It crawled onto Susann's hoof and up her leg! Her eyes widened in sheer terror as she reared and neighed violently flapping her wings!

Viveka: Not agaaaaaain!!

Viveka and Pary were thrown to the ground! Pary landed on his back, and Viveka landed on him, which cushioned her fall completely!

Viveka: Sunny, calm down! What is it?! (She never does that unless she's already nervous ...)

The pegasus took off in a fit of fear and started flailing her hoofs in a desperate attempt to get the strange bug like creature to let go!

Tristan dropped Charlotte off at the palace and she decided to turn in early, for it had been a long day and she was tired (and still suffering from bumps on the head and the like). Tristan pondered his date situation. He hadn't really thought about it much before this, but he supposed he should get one...for Mother and Father's sake. Though it could at least be someone he could stand to be around for 5 minutes.

An idea popped into his head and Bellerophon set off gloriously (in his mind at least) among the backdrop of the setting sun. He arrived at Jace's manor and knocked on the door.

"I'm not a 'Sir'," Arrin protested, "but yes, I'm fine."

"Ah. Hope you didn't get any misinformation, there's some of them don't like us all that much," Kelas replied with a slight grimace. "You don't seem to be assuming we're thieves or barbarians though, so I guess you didn't talk to much of the wrong sort."

Harpist

Alex did not know how long she sat there, thinking about her mother, but at some point, she took her harp out, and began to play another song, a lighter tune compared to the one she played a few nights beforehand. Reaching the end of a verse, the duchess heard a knock at the door. Deciding to see who it was, she put down the harp and headed downstairs. Opening the door, the Brute's daughter was slightly surprised to see Prince Tristan, on her doorstep.

"Yes, Prince?," the Comet asked, looking around for something off. After all, the heir of a monarchy visiting the house of their most vocal opponent was not an everyday experience. "Is there something you want?"

Further embarrassed when Morgan called back to chastise the small knot for the scuffle that had arisen, Tessa just hung her head. She almost didn't pay attention when Reika sprinted past, but the thief called attention to herself by promising that they would 'continue the talk later'. A slightly ominous feeling settled into the pit of her stomach, mixing with the other negative emotions currently stewing there, for an altogether unpleasant effect.

Luc's inquiry was similarly almost missed, but she registered it at the sound of Arrin's reply. Though the captain was only asking after their health, she couldn't help but feel confident he was curious just what the underlying cause was, and Tessa knew she wouldn't be able to answer that if asked.

"Not harmed. A little confused, but completely unhurt here. Honestly, I think she's mostly bark with little bite, really." she managed to reply.

"I er- well, hello." Tristan began lamely. "I, well my Mother and Father would be very disappointed if I did not bring someone with me to the ball, not that I really want to go, but it really should be a noblewoman, and then I realized you were a woman..."

He stopped for a second. "Er, that came out all wrong, didn't it? Anyway, the other noblewomen are all dreadful boors to be around, and well you're not and I kind of need a date...now. Not that I think you don't have one already of course." he added hastily. "But if you didn't, I was wondering...if you would accompany me?" he asked, looking up at her.

Isotov

Iso: I don't really have anything against nomads. You and Arrin seem like decent trustworthy people. Given the encounters, nomads are more trustworthy than anyone else from my point of view. Besides. You're human. I'm human. That's good enough for me.