Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 17: I got nothing.

Snowy_One

Pre-skip. Hopefully for real this time.

Count Altair

Luc was roused from complacency with news from yet another servant about yet another fight he should intervene in. This time however, his normal walk had been too slow and he arrived in the well aftermath of the fight. Some of the party was around, but the biggest sight was the wyvern on the ground being treated by Tessa. Yet another round of terrible choices I reason, Luc thought and kept quiet. He would wait until Tessa was done with her work before announcing himself. No need to distract the girl. Though he doubtless reasoned someone else would exclaim about his appearance.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irina and Lev

Irina could only watch as Tessa healed Kiev's injuries. She didn't let go of him though. Lev took a glance over at Esphyr and noticed that she was in complete and utter shock. He had a feeling she'd done something like this before, caught up in the moment. As badly as both combatants had been scarred by the duel, he couldn't leave Irina's side just yet. Irina meanwhile kept her head held low, her words almost completely hidden by the instability in her voice.

Irina: Why did she do that?! Why did she try to take me out over a dress and nearly kill Kiev?!

Lev: Just be glad that Kiev did what he did. He ... ... heh ... he deserves more credit than I give him. He protected you when I couldn't. Hell. He protected you when no one else in the world could, and he's still alive. I think we got lucky today.

He put his hand over her back and kept it there while keeping an eye on her, and letting her vent. Eventually Tessa spoke to her on the matter as well.

Irina: I thought she would give up if I got in one good hit but ... she tried to ... kill me ... *sniff* ... erg ...

A moment later she buried her head in Kiev's face trying to get away from the situation.

Irina: Why did I even bother praying to a diety? Nothing's worth this ...

OOC: "her words almost completely hidden by the instability in her voice" means that she's yelling, but it's coming out at VERY LOW volume because of that weird thing that happens to the voice sometimes while crying. That squeaky voice where you can just barely hear it. I can't explain it any other way. Decided to mark it with a different font.

Edited by Phoenix

OOC: With some luck, tomorrow we will be in the proper place.

IC: "It wasn't your fault Esphyr." The headmasters words echoed in Esphyr's ears from years ago with fresh clarity. She couldn't control the blade, and she knew it. She was a cursed murderer whom had tried to slay Irina just now and whom held no control over her actions at all. The best thing she could do was to get away from Irina and the rest. Away, so that her blade could no longer hurt them. Away... is just what she did.

Even as the group finally set out, the thought of staying away was foremost on Esphyr's mind. Staying at the rear and away from anyone else, she was almost her own separate party. She didn't want to hurt anyone, or worse, slay them. This was the only way to ensure that. Though it pained her, the thought of killing one of the party pained her even more. There was no way she could attend now. If she did, she risked killing whomever it was she would be set up to date. She couldn't take it anymore.

While she'd been working on Kiev, Irina had been clinging to him. It hadn't interfered with her work, so she'd allowed it, hells she understood where the girl was coming from. Imagining Trevor wounded badly only inspired her more to make sure she managed to do this right. Recalling back to their conversation at the stables of TISME, and just Irina's behaviour in general, she knew how important the wyvern was too her, and she wasn't about to let her down.

After the woman gave out another cry in a sort of strangled voice she couldn't quite hear, Lev had tried to comfort her, and it seemed to have worked, at least somewhat, as Irina's following words were much more intelligible, and there was less evidence of hysteria in her body language, though she was still noticeably distraught.

As Tessa was finishing up on Kiev's head, Irina had moved from hugging his neck around to burying herself in his face, putting her close enough to hear the muttered comment about prayer. What on earth...? Now clearly isn't the right time to go into it, though. I'll have to ask later... when we're on the road, Tessa noted.

Wiping sweat from her brow after she finished, she stepped back, gave an appraising glance, and said, "We'll need to travel, and soon, but he'll have to be taking it easy. This..." really wasn't for the best she was about to finish, but caught herself. No point in stating what she was sure was already known. "...next time, there has to be a better way to handle disputes. I would have been happy to help."

Turning to go, to get the group onto the road, she noticed the good count was standing, waiting and watching, with what seemed to be a disapproving look. We seem to be giving him bad impression after bad impression... Tessa realized, and tried not to cringe as she faced him. "Everything should be settled... I think. I... feel we must owe you another apology," she bowed, respectfully.

Preskip

Count Altair

Tessa had finished healing -- a remarkable job really Luc admitted -- and came up to him. He knew it wasn't going to be her fault for whatever mess had happened this time. But there was no use in shoving away an apology. "Very well, I accept. Though trust me when I say this hasn't been the worse thing that has happened in my yard. The damage that people who cannot control themselves when drunk is impressive at times." Luc said a bit amused at his own words. Gran's parties in his house always got out of hand. Partly the reason Luc had confronted the man so quickly earlier, but all that was besides the point.

"So, do you know what the reason for this trouble is?" Luc asked. He hadn't the foggiest idea why they were fighting. There was no massive property damage, so another Crimson going out of control wasn't the reason.

The cavalier graciously accepted the apology, and seemed to shrug off the affair with a hint of amusement. Raising her head again, she replied to his inquiry as to the underlying causes and reasons.

"Well, from what I was informed, they were trying to settle a dispute over who should receive the councilman's present... and thought a test of skill might determine things. But in the heat of the moment, things got... out of hand."

Preskip

Count Altair

Luc was silent for a few minutes contimplating the information given to him by the troubadour. All this over free gifts? He would have yelled at them had it not made things invariably worse. And one of them having already ran away in shame or whatever other reason. Luc sighed. He would have to take care of this by his own choice. There was really nothing else to do since it seems things like this would just keep happening. "Alright, it looks like it will just be faster -- and less dangerous -- for me to choose who should receive the things. I doubt that was what the Councilman had in mi-" Luc stopped for a second. Or maybe it was exactly what the Councilman had in mind? He would already know the group wasn't stable. Throwing in free gifts, increasing Luc's knowledge about the group in the process, forcing Luc to have moderate leadership in the group already. Yes, that all made some sense.

Luc shook his head. Even if it did make sense he would still have to choose. Yes, there was no way around that. Luc quickly though about each of those in the group he had met and who would be the best receiver for the gifts. One stood out as obvious, and the second came a fair bit later. His third choice took a while, but the man might be needing it. And just in case Luc thought of a fourth. "Alright, I've made my decisions on who should receive the gifts." Luc motioned for some temporary servants to come over. "Dame Tessa, you shall receive the dress -- there is no one else I have seen as dependable as you. That sir earlier with the tired girl shall receive an armor -- Alferis, I believe I was informed that was his name. General Conrad sall take the other, I very much doubt he has any dress armor for this." Though it may cause an incident, Luc thought.

A light flush rose to her cheeks at being called dependable, and also at having been selected. She hadn't intended anything of the sort, and ever so briefly contemplated turning the offer down. Still given the lengths and difficulty it seemed to have taken to reach this point, Tessa realized that was not a wise decision at all. It'll be fine, though right? Getting a dress doesn't mean I can't be Charlotte's attendant still... it probably even makes it easier on her... and there might not be much time after we rescue her for her to worry about managing such details.

"I... I'm honored, sir, by your words. Your choices seem to be quite wise, and I'm sure no-one will try to brook disagreement with them. In that case the three of us should hurry straight-away to get taken care of, so as to not hold up things any further. Or maybe the rest should set out before us and we catch up later? I'm not sure quite which would be best..." A slight worry creased her forehead as she contemplated the options.

Edited by Balcerzak

Preskip

Count Altair

"Thank you. As for those options.." Luc also contemplated for a minute. Neither option presented themselves as particularly better than the other. If they had the others go ahead, those who stayed behind had horses. At the very least the ax-fighter could ride with Fargo, who Luc would hold behind anyway. But if the others somehow got into a fight, dividing fighting power would just make things dangerous. But they were right near Directus. But that was the line of thought that led to his unit dying. No, no more presumptuous risks. "I think it would be better for all to depart at once. Us lagging behind would just tire our own horses and possibly disrupt any resting schedule."

EDIT1: Changed a word. Which one? hohohohohoh

Edited by Script

Throughout the fields, a noticeable change had overcome the many workers. Gripping their tools, they had slowly taken up a defensive surrounding of the group. They knew that if a fight broke out, they would likely lose, but at the same time, they wanted to show that they were serious. "We hear of these things called 'workers rights' that some of the destroyed nations had." explained the not-so-old worker. "They protected the field workers, forced the government to protect and pay them for their work, and gave them a lot of advantages. We want them. We're sick and tired of being forced out into the fields to work like slaves. We're sick and tired of your patrols constantly missing wolves and bandit attacks. We're sick and tired of being shafted payment. I have a family of four, and none of the children are my own because I can't bring home more than ten coppers for a week of work! We want rights, and you will be our guests until we have them!" exclaimed the worker. A moment later, several other of the workers started to chant 'Rights! Rights! Rights!' with the others joining in until their chanting swelled across the fields.

All this time, Esphyr had remained at the back, too afraid of looking Irina or Tessa (whom had been forced to heal due to her negligence) in the eyes. As the workers started their chants, her hand went reflexively for her blade, only to stop before she touched the hilt. If she pulled it out, she risked fighting. If she did that, she risked summoning the blade once again and hurting others. It was not a prospect she desired but... She wasn't sure what to do! Fight and risk killing others, or not fight and forsake her job!

Postskip stuff:

Chase trotted along on Ava with Morgan, following Luc's lead to the capital. "I wonder what the capital is like. A big city like Ilyphna, probably, but still, I'm kind of interested in seeing another country's capital," he exclaimed.

Conrad, hearing the archer's concerns, explained, "Well, it's a bit like Ilyphna, but it has a much different layout. Jace's dominance is more recognizable than the presence Harold or Percy has in Ilyphna. He's a persecutor these days, if I recall correctly. I haven't been there in a while."

I don't exactly blame them for being bitter towards us. I wonder if this Count is really any good a ruler towards his people given their complaints thought Alferis, I wonder what we're going to do about this. It doesn't look like they're going to listen but attack innocents?

Drawing her dagger, Reika shouted over the loud voices.

"Shut up! You want sympathy? Then don't accost travelers on the road! We'll give you the fool if you want, just let us go on her way!" Her eyes were hard and her arms were forward, in an aggressive stance. Can't really blame them for being bitter against the nobles. If it were me, I would've knived them already though she thought reluctantly, disgusted at herself for feeling a bit of compassion.

"That would be a poor idea. Once you are sent on your way, you are capable of revealing information about us to the guards." answered the farmer. "Additionally, even with the attention of a kidnapped noble, we desire to get this bill passed as fast as possible. I have a wife and two kids to feed after all! Just come along quietly and no one will get hurt. We will give you some of our produce to eat as well. We aren't looking to kill people. We don't function by terror. We need the attention of Jace and the other nobles though, and a large kidnapped group is the best method."

Post-Timeskip

Luc Altair

Luc sighed. Whoever these people were they hadn't done a lick of research on Directus if they were claiming for workers rights. Luc had almost yelled at them straight out for being such poor impersonators, but had kept himself in check to keep the surprise up. But now that they were being circled, that advantage was lost.

"Really, I don't know whatever little group you're a part of, but if you had done any research on Directus at all before concocting this idiotic plan you'd realize that not only is Councilman Richtor from a destroyed nation, you'd know how damn well important it is to him to keep everything and everyone perfectly happy to ensure his continued position of power." Luc shook his head. "And really, a patrol not having been around for that long? That would be news. I would hear that news. Either you are the dumbest new settlers ever or you're the dumbest group of ambushers ever. Either way, leave us alone and you can have your lives spared. You wouldn't want to have your 'family' to cry over their dead patriarch hm?"

On the road to Burgosas (No offense but that name blows ... ... gonna take some getting use to)

OOC: This is before whatever Snowy's doing.

Throughout the trip Kiev had been carried by Krinkov while Irina and Lev walked. Lev kept the new pink wyvern on a tight leash as they traveled and Irina kept her head down as low as she could so she wouldn't have to say anything to anyone. The whole ordeal at the mansion had drained her of her last bits of optimism and interest and she would have given anything to just be someplace less crowded by often prying eyes. Lev played off the fact that Kiev was out cold and ignored or gave runarounds to almost everyone that asked, feeling that it was Irina's place and hers alone to share that kind of information if she so chose.

Once again someone approached wondering why one of the group's most iconic wyverns was strung over Krinkov's back like a rag doll, even his wings and tail dragging along over the road. Viveka steered Susann closer to Irina and kept herself steady so that the sleeping Pary would fall from the pegasus and injure himself. The drool on her shoulder was seriously starting to bother her, but talking to Irina was better than yelling at him and a welcome distraction so she took it. Leaning in her direction slightly, Viveka took her right hand and gestured for Irina's attention.

Viveka: Hey ... ... what's going on with Kiev?

Irina kept silent after a quick glance and kept walking, her legs now brushing closer during her steps, and her shoulders now packed even tighter trying to somehow protect herself.

Viveka: I usually don't see you this down. I'm just curious.

Once again, Irina said nothing, but she also didn't bother taking a second glance.

Viveka: Urgh. Irina, listen. I'm not asking so that I can say something mean to you. At the same time, it's hard to care about your problem if I don't know what it is.

It was clear that she would have to be very rude to get Viveka to go away, but that wasn't who she was. She decided to tell her what her problem was and just leave it at that. She started walking almost normally and balled her hands into fists before darting her head at Viveka and becoming quite obviously furious. Her tone of voice didn't carry very far luckily.

Irina: My problem is Esphyr.

Viveka: Esphyr?

Irina: ... she ... tried ... to KILL me ... over a DRESS.

Viveka: ... you have to be exaggerating.

Irina: ... you know why? you know why Kiev is like that? Because not looking like a coon in the eyes of nobles is reason enough to use a crimson weapon on an ally! If Kiev hadn't taken the hit, I'd be dead right now.

Viveka looked perplexed. The reasons seemed a bit off. She knew there was a missing factor and wanted to find out what it was.

Viveka: Okay, why does Esphyr give a hoot about nobles?

Irina: Why don't you guess why? There's only so many men in the group.

She turned her head away an huffed while Viveka's tilted in response.

Viveka: Ah, I see. ... Damian. So you nearly got killed because Esphyr's trying to look good for her employer ... ... who's likely to take Aiya to the ball instead of her anyway?

Irina: That's what I think, but then again I'm so mad I could kill her myself so I don't want to assume it goes like that.

Viveka: Wow. She's almost worth a laugh sometimes. Irina forget about what happened and move on. You two aren't going to be talking for awhile. That's obvious. Or at least you shouldn't talk for awhile. Anyway, if you keep dwelling on this then you'll miss the ball, and you'll miss out on a chance to learn from me.

Irina rolled her eyes.

Irina: I don't want to go to the ball.

Viveka: ... what? ... oh that does it! Listen, you little joyriding Damian lacky! You can't get caught up in woe is me's every time something bad happens! You're a damn mercenary for crying out loud!

Irina: So?

Viveka: If you're Ivanko's blood relative then you're a joke. You should've been back on your feet once you knew that Kiev was going to survive. Instead you're acting like he died!

Irina shot Viveka an enraged look and slammed her fist into her palm!

Irina: If ... Kiev died ... I wouldn't let anyone, not even Damian-ESPECIALLY not Damian stop me from pinning Esphyr to a tree and stabbing her to death. Kiev's life for leaving a good impression on a bunch of nameless nobles?! Being a valid wife?! Grrrrrr SCREW BEING A VALID WIFE!!!

Viveka: Tone it down, this was supposed to be a private conversation and you're drawing attention.

Irina: I didn't want to talk about this. Just leave me alone.

Viveka sighed leaning forward a bit.

Viveka: You're going to that ball. Even if I have to be your shrink for awhile to do it.

Irina: The ball is the whole reason Kiev got hurt. I'm not going.

Viveka: Why didn't you two just come to me- ... never mind. I know why you didn't. Like I said in our little one on one session, most of my dresses won't fit you well enough to look like they're actually yours thanks to that Escuela butt of yours and your smaller breasts but ... still. Esphyr's figure is kind of normal. It's not very impressive so the best I could do for her is slap on a corset and a dress and hope nobody notices her scars. Tessa has the dress now so I guess you two are going to have to buy dresses in Burgosas.

Irina: I'm NOT ... going.

Viveka: >_>

OOC: New country established. Conquered by Halton I suppose.

Escuela=Latin country. Viv's accusing Irina of having a latina butt. She's exaggerating though Lev won't help that situation obviously.

Edited by Phoenix

"This isn't looking good," Kelas muttered. "We should probably leave. Quickly, before this turns messy." She took Amari's reins; she'd just been walking alongside for the duration, but if one of these supposed rebels made a grab for the reins, there would be trouble. "Get ready," she told Isotov under her breath. "I might need to get on, and we might be running."

Arrin anxiously nudged Francis closer to Trevor, wanting to be nearer to Tessa in case a fight broke out and he needed to protect her-- or really in case they needed to protect each other. He'd read about peasant uprisings, of course, but never seen one, and he intended to keep it that way. "We can't start fighting here. We should just leave."

edit: battery was dying so post cut short; this is full post

Edited by Kiryn

The fight over the dress had gone badly, and Kiev had been badly injured.

Aiya had not had the chance to approach Irina, as she had begun crying into Kiev, and Krinkov had blocked the perimeter.

Now, on the road, Aiya was walking a bit ahead of Irina and Levski. She kept looking back, seeing Irina depressed. Deciding to talk to her friend about the incident, she turned, only to be outpaced by Viveka.

The conversation had devolved to yelling, and Aiya wasn't sure what to do. Irina looked even more upset than before, and Viveka was clearly not doing anything to help.

Deciding to intervene, Aiya began to approach, only to walk directly into Levski by accident.

"Gah! Oww..." Aiya groaned, the sudden turn bringing her forehead directly into Levski's chestplate, and causing her to clutch her head, in a bit of pain.

Levski ... human wall

Lev had been thinking to himself for awhile about some things. At the forefront was Irina and what had happened. Duels always had the potential to go downhill fast, and it was always the responsibility of those dueling to acknowledge the risks and to avoid deathblows at all cost. He noticed that during the duel, Irina had tried to use a staggering technique that Ivanko had taught her. It was well suited to forcing opponents to surrender by causing a very debilitating injury. The blow was well executed, but Esphyr seemed to have desperately wanted the dress and her following attack was clearly an attempt to "win" at all cost rather than to avoid killing. It didn't disturb him because he'd seen it enough times to be numb to such things. Nonetheless he couldn't allow Irina to be put in that kind of danger ever again, no matter the cost.

He soon realized that Irina was yelling at someone. Not sure who though due to not being curious enough to turn around and look, he sighed. Just as his sigh ended, he felt a woman bump into his chest! Opening his eyes, the first thing he saw was Aiya's scarlet color locks and was a bit surprised to see her. She had been here and there for days. He had to hold back a giggle seeing that the impact hurt her a little. It wasn't uncommon for his armor to have that effect.

Lev: You alright there, Aiya? That couldn't have felt good.

Isotov ... that guy on the horse

Iso muttered something that only Kelas was close enough to hear.

Iso: Just once are we going to end up somewhere and not get attacked or accosted by Goddess knows who? It's like someone's out there just throwing random people at us for no reason. *sigh*, the life of travelers I guess. (Heh. I would know.)

"Nnh... yeah... I'm okay..." Aiya responded, shaking her head to dissipate the slight daze from the impact.

"But that's not important right now... I'm really worried about Irina... and 'Kicking Kitty', doesn't seem to be helping at the moment."

"Yes, let's just avoid this. It is none of our concern." Morgan said, nudging Chase forward.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tristan whistled for Bellerophon and took Charlotte to a dress shop in Burgosas.

"A dress shop? For the ball? But why would Queen Isolde have you take me here?" Charlotte asked.

"Well, er, I think she thought it would be...romantic if I bought you your dress." he said, eyes to the ground. He then handed her a pouch of gold coins without looking her in the eye.

"That was very sweet of her." Charlotte responded. "But uh, I was kind of planning to go with someone else, though I'm not sure he'll be here in time..."

"Oh, I completely understand." Tristan said, letting out a sigh of relief. "No offense, but you're like a sister to me, it would feel...odd."

"Does that mean you haven't found a date yet?" Charlotte asked. "It breaks tradition for a prince to show up alone, you should really find someone and quickly."

"Royal balls are like the most boring thing in the universe anyway." Tristan retorted, but he knew that she was right on some level. Who to ask though? Most of the noblewomen were stuck up tarts who only cared about fashion and their estates and that sort of thing. While his mind was occupied with this, Charlotte went inside and bought her dress.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Luc Altair

"Yes," Luc agreed with the others who were voicing concern of just continuing along. "If the lot of you turn yourselves in at Directus you may, be spared or allowed to work. We will take our leave of these lies now." Luc brought Thunder around and went back to leading the group along the road.

"Good idea," Chase agreed, and made Ava quicken her pace.

Conrad rolled his eyes at the citizens. "Look, while I'm all for free rights of everyone, we really don't have time for this. Bring it up with some officials." With that, he brought Thunderbolt to a canter and rode past the protesters.

Pre:

The fitting went smoothly and quickly. Rather than constructing entire new outfits from scratch, it seemed the idea had been to have a seamstress tailor alterations to one of a handful of existing garments. Tessa wasn't well versed in fashion, or anything even close to the sort. To her, all of the dresses looked fabulous, and any of the choices would easily have been satisfactory. They were all full length ball gowns, fully outfitted, and she selected a teal one of taffeta fabric, with coral trimming near the ruffles of the skirts, and an accompanying chiffon stole.

As the seamstress was taking her measurements, she glanced at Tessa's bust and clucked her tongue, "Honey, we're gonna have to do a little something to supplement that. Don't get me wrong it's not bad... it's just... well, people tend to expect a little bit more. The dress can easily help with that, 'specially with a proper corset. You'll be needing gloves too, mousquetaires are the current fashion, I'll see if can fit you out with some..."

For rest of the fitting, the troubadour endured the kind woman's ramblings, covering all sorts of subjects she hadn't the foggiest idea of. Chastised that her riding boots would simply be "no good at all", she was also forced to try on a variety of different court shoes, of varying heel length and an inversely proportional comfort level. Ultimately the ensemble was completed, to satisfaction, and Tessa was allowed to go on her way, now with clothing that would properly befit the occasion to come. She found herself wondering if the situation had been similarly baffling for either Alferis or Conrad when they were getting their outfits prepared.

Alternately torn between impatience at the delay, and a hard-to-explain delight from the experience, she set out on the road at last.

Riding along on the road, Arrin and Francis were, as was customary, flanking her and Trevor. The situation with Kiev had slowed their pace, meaning that neither of them were doubling up and carrying a passenger, though it seemed that some others in the party still were, either for the company or for some other reasons. Pary, for instance, seemed to be sleeping, had he had a rough night?

At any rate, Tessa's thoughts were all aswirl. Luc seemed to be riding ahead, distancing himself, and she thought she could understand. His city's charitable offer had been... perverted, and he'd been forced to take matters into his own hands, and she could see how such a thing could only sour him, especially added onto what had happened with Damian the night before, and with his regiment back in the canyon. Memories of poor Anna-Seline floated back, and Tessa shook her head. She'd heard from another that the count was only still accompanying them due to orders from above, and she hoped that just given time, perhaps he could see all the good parts of the people. This troupe was basically family to her, and while sometimes family can be ugly, you can't help but love them, and want others to love them as well.

Realizing it was probably better to wait, to give him time―the wounds from losing his troops must still be unbearably fresh, she glanced around the rest of the group. Esphyr was was making noticeable efforts to avoid both her, and Irina, and that too was understandable. The troubadour planned to have a good talk with her, but again, the timing was simply not right. It might be better to go up to Irina, and ask her just what her comment about 'prayers' had meant. The wyvern rider was also currently in a discussion with Viveka, and it couldn't hurt to thank the pegasus rider for helping to store the newly acquired garments in her large trunks either, maybe find out a bit more about her. She was one of a few people Tessa really hadn't talked much with yet, and now seemed as good a time as any to change that.

A brief altercation about some peasants blocking the road put a hold on that plan for the moment, though. Arrin edged his horse closer to her, and expressed a desire to avoid a confrontation, which Tessa shared entirely. Answering the mage's worries, she tried to come up with a solution.

"I agree, we clearly can't fight people like this. But... we still need to get past them. Do you think we should... I don't know, cover for some of the others, who are moving slower, until they manage to get around? Francis and Trevor can easily catch up later, but I'm not sure how to distract them..."

Edits: I know how to grammar, I swear officer.

Edited by Balcerzak

Kelas carefully climbed into the saddle in front of Isotov. "I dunno, it was never this bad on the road for me before I found this lot," she replied as she steered Amari about towards the clearest path through the peasants. "Let's move out!"

"There aren't that many on foot... we could take passengers for a bit," Arrin suggested. "It looks like the others are clearing the way, too. We should be able to get through pretty quickly... Quick, everyone, let's go!" he called towards the members of the group on foot.

edit: clarification

Edited by Kiryn