Honors

Chuy

Anyone get any Honor/AP classes this year? (I'm in 9th grade btw.)

I got Honors in Algebra,Geometry,English,and Biology. sob.gif

Now I have to put effort in school.

I was in honors/AP/Dual Enrollment English/Social Studies classes after 8th grade for the rest of High School. Most of my electives were either Honors or Dual Enrollment classes as well.

Edited by Furby

Honors/AP all the way through intermediate and high school.

If possible, get into the AP classes, and take the test. At worst, you'll be excused from your regular classes for the day. Do well enough, and you'll get out of some college credits, which means you can take more of the fun stuff.

All the AP tests I took paid off in some form or another.

Good luck in school, and study hard!

But I took 5 AP classes in 11th grade. Tough but manageable. Having no life helps as well. :)

Same here.

I got no sleep due to procrastination, though. XD

I was more annoyed at the price for the exams than anything. -is cheap-

This year, I have 4 APs and a College Class. MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS LINEAR ALGEBRA HERE I COME YEAAAAAH~~~ *excited*

Mmmm, I got the third place of generation in pre high school, I'm not sure if this counts?

I remember I got a few for English, it was pretty hard for me to get it in other classes (except history).

Mostly that, I'm currently starting college (three weeks already and I'm still alive).

Now I have to put effort in school.

Effort? School? The two words just dont fit together.

Our school doesn't have honors classes, just super-easy classes you're shoved in if you sucked the orevioys year. I didn't get into those so I think I'm good.

Well i don't know if it'd count as AP/Honors classes (Canada has 3 types of classes. its a bit weird.) Anyway, I'll be getting the highest level there is in my school of English <_<, Math :mellow: (hopefully apparently i had to take academics last year to take academics this year, but i took whats it called ... whatever i forgot.) Biology :newyears: , and Chemistry :newyears:

Going into Sopohmore year in HS, I have a 4.075 GPA, And I plan to continue to boost it with honors classes(honors awards +.025)

This year I'm taking

Spanish 3(weighted)

HNRs English 10(weighted)

HNRs World History II(weighted)

HNRs Biology(weighted)

Introduction to Engineering

Algebra II(weighted??)

Physics for Technology

Gym/Health

If all goes as planned(All As) I'll have a 4.2 GPA by the end of this year. I might be wrong though, I forgot whether Alg 2 was weighted or not.

Honors/AP all the way through intermediate and high school.

I'll probably end up going through honors all of high school. sleep.gif

If possible, get into the AP classes, and take the test. At worst, you'll be excused from your regular classes for the day. Do well enough, and you'll get out of some college credits, which means you can take more of the fun stuff.

Thats the plan now. Our school doesn't have AP classes til junior year I think.

All the AP tests I took paid off in some form or another.

Thats what everyone is saying that they pay off in the long run.

Good luck in school, and study hard!

Thanks and I will.

Effort? School? The two words just dont fit together.

I used to never try in middle school and since everyone is saying honors is harder than regular classes I'll have to try now.

Our school doesn't have honors classes, just super-easy classes you're shoved in if you sucked the orevioys year. I didn't get into those so I think I'm good.

dry.gif

Going into Sopohmore year in HS, I have a 4.075 GPA, And I plan to continue to boost it with honors classes(honors awards +.025)

This year I'm taking

Spanish 3(weighted)

HNRs English 10(weighted)

HNRs World History II(weighted)

HNRs Biology(weighted)

Introduction to Engineering

Algebra II(weighted??)

Physics for Technology

Gym/Health

If all goes as planned(All As) I'll have a 4.2 GPA by the end of this year. I might be wrong though, I forgot whether Alg 2 was weighted or not.

I would die if I got all those classes. Then again I still haven't tried my classes yet so if I do good this year I should be able to manage most of high school.

Well i don't know if it'd count as AP/Honors classes (Canada has 3 types of classes. its a bit weird.) Anyway, I'll be getting the highest level there is in my school of English <_<, Math :mellow: (hopefully apparently i had to take academics last year to take academics this year, but i took whats it called ... whatever i forgot.) Biology :newyears: , and Chemistry :newyears:

...whats your schools like? O_o

In Nova Scotia (where I am), we didnt have enough smart students to have a Honors Math Class. (And I qualified for that class too before it was removed T_T) And everything else is all one level.

In Nova Scotia (where I am), we didnt have enough smart students to have a Honors Math Class. (And I qualified for that class too before it was removed T_T) And everything else is all one level.

You should request to be in the class of the grade-level above, with math.

That's what honors math where I am practically is like, actually. A slightly more in-depth version of the math of the grade one above.

AP is different because they follow a certain curriculum.

...whats your schools like? O_o

Do you mean the students?

From what i have seen they are a bunch of incopetents fools that just mess around and skip classes, smoke in the bathroom and get caught :facepalm: Some are smart. just not most of them. Seriously half of my class failed math and it was pretty easy math, Algebra 1. (Which i unfortunately had to take again because they don't teach geometry in tenth grade... I was hsving som much fun proving this triangle is congruent to that triangle :sob:)

i don't like reading these threads because they make me feel unintelligent

go ahead and make fun of my petty 3.5 GPA~

(it'll be higher by the end of this year)

mine is between 0 and 1. Its infinite.

Not really, its like a 3.6 or seven i can't remember. Or was, i don't think Canada uses this.

Edited by SlayerX

I'm in all Honors classes and AP history, because there's no Honors history in my school from 10th grade on for whatever reason. I'm also in what I guess you could consider AP math. My school's filled with a lot of intelligent people, though. One of my friends had a 97.6% NGA last year, which would've been much higher had he not earned a C+ in phys ed. There are people with 4.2 GPAs and crazy stuff like that, too. I'm not too shabby myself, but wow.