Funny, Unknown, and Interesting Facts about Pokemon

Soren37

I'm just stealing this from the FE forums, don't mind me.

On the Bicycle Road in Diamond, there is a cyclist with a Level 15 Shinx that knows Spark. Shinx doesn't learn Spark until level 17, or until level 18 as a Luxio.

When you first fight her, Mars has a level 16 Purugly (In D/P, 17 in Plat). Glameow doesn't evolve until level 38. Because of this, it's pretty obvious that Mars uses an action replay.

Ampharos is classified as the "Light" Pokemon, and has an important role in the story for providing light to the lighthouse in Olivine, yet it is not one of the 5 Pokemon with the Illuminate ability.

Snorunt evolves to Glalie at level 42, having the latest evolution of 2 stage Pokemon that evolve by level up.

The only Pokemon that can learn the combination of Revenge, Payback, and Avalanche is Weavile, a Pokemon that cannot use these moves properly.

Mew is capable of Baton Passing +2 boosts to any stat (Swords Dance, Barrier, Nasty Plot, Amnesia, Rock Polish).

If you look closely at Kakuna it looks like he's wearing a suit.

(This one is probably old, but) People used to say that Gengar is Clefable's shadow, or doppelganger. DoppelGENGAR

Roselia is the only Pokemon to get both an evolution and a pre-evolution in the same generation.

Garchomp's Pokedex data says he can fly at high speeds, however he cannot learn the move Fly.

That's all I have for now, I'll post more later.

Edited by Eswandar

Here's mine:

Garchomp is known as the Mach Pokemon, but he can't learn Mach Punch, Quick Attack, or any other priority move.

Lance has two Pokemon with hacked moves in his pre-Gen3 battles. His Dragonite in R/B has Barrier(can't learn this in any gen), while his G/S/C Aerodactyl has Rock Slide(couldn't learn this until Generation 3, when a Rock Slide tutor was available in FR/LG). Oh, and his Dragonites in G/S/C and HG/SS are also hacked(His highest level Dragonite is Lv50. Dragonair cannot evolve until Lv55.)

I'm just stealing this from the FE forums, don't mind me.

On the Bicycle Road in Diamond, there is a cyclist with a Level 15 Shinx that knows Spark. Shinx doesn't learn Spark until level 17, or until level 18 as a Luxio.

When you first fight her, Mars has a level 16 Purugly (In D/P, 17 in Plat). Glameow doesn't evolve until level 38.

Level 9 Pidgeotto in GSC.

Level 9 Pidgeotto in GSC.

You could catch a low level Pidgeotto in yellow if I remember correctly, so that one isn't nearly as bad.

EDIT: I'm sure everyone knows this, but in the R/B, it was possible to get every pokemon with merely two carts and no cheats or need to go to a event.

Edited by IntegerZero

EDIT: I'm sure everyone knows this, but in the R/B, it was possible to get every pokemon with merely two carts and no cheats or need to go to a event.

IIRC it required a glitch though... I can't be for sure though.

The goal in R/B was also to fill out your Pokedex, which the new games have dropped.

What about G/S? By connecting with R/B, could you also get all the pokemon without any events or cheats?

Crystal cannot trade with G/S. Whether or not it's supposed to be able to, the way the timing for starting the trades works means they can't connect. I should know.

Mew is capable of Baton Passing +2 boosts to any stat (Swords Dance, Barrier, Nasty Plot, Amnesia, Rock Polish).

Well, it is considered to be the ancestor of all Pokemonz, so no surprize thar.

Speaking of Mew, I've tested the glitch in Yellow and it works.

Pokemon didn't have female playable charaters until Crystal

Edited by UberLughFTW

The pokemon series contradicted themselves with mew and Arceus.

IIRC, Arecus is considered to be the creator of the Pokemon world. In the movie, he did leave after giving up 4 plates and leaving the world up to the humans. So I think it would make sense for Mew to be remain in its spot.

Edited by UberLughFTW

the First generation the creators of pokèmon were lazy, giving pokemon the same cries, the following pairs of pokèmon have the same cries.

There are three pairs that have the same cries and aren't related to each other

Caterpie + Goldeen

Charizard + Rhyhorn

Poliwag + Ditto

there are only 37 completely different cries in the game. Some cries that are shared between Pokemon ( typically ones that share an evolution path) are pitched up or lowered, quicken or slow, etc.

Sunkern is statistically the WORST pokemon in G/S/C onwards, yet it has the best pokeathlon stats in HG/SS.

Do Pokeathlon stats rise? I'm looking at Sunkern's page on Serebii and they seem pretty poor.

The goal in R/B was also to fill out your Pokedex, which the new games have dropped.

What about G/S? By connecting with R/B, could you also get all the pokemon without any events or cheats?

Crystal cannot trade with G/S. Whether or not it's supposed to be able to, the way the timing for starting the trades works means they can't connect. I should know.

Pokemon Stadium 2 was great for that.

Ditto (and possibly Mew) are the only Pokemon that will give different amounts of experience, based on how you beat it.

Togepi, Clefairy, and a couple others can probably pull it off, but the odds of this happening are astronomically low (low enough that I don't consider them part of the group above).

This is obvious. You need a glitch for Mew though. The other 150 can all be obtained by simply playing the two games and trading between them.

Probably because very few people would have the patience of getting 251 Pokemon. And the number increases by about a hundred in every generation.

Aside from Mew and Celebi, yes, you could. Mew requires a glitch from R/B but I'm not sure about Celebi. Event iirc.

Routes are a bit confusing in the pokemons game.

From 416 - 432 (exageration i think but it was something similar.)

Kanto started with Route 1 and went up. Johto continued where Kanto left off. Ended with Route 40 something iirc. But Heonn is separate from Kanto/Johto so they decided not to continue the numbering. Heonn instead began with 101 and went onwards. Similarly, Sinnoh started with 201 and went onwards.

idk where you got 416-432 but it's probably not from the main handheld Gamefreak line of Pokemon games.

I heard that there's a glitch in R/B/Y. If you transfer a shiny Pokemon from G/S/C to R/B/Y, and let it fight a Ditto and you catch it after it uses Transform, the Ditto will turn shiny after being traded back to G/S/C.

Kanto started with Route 1 and went up. Johto continued where Kanto left off. Ended with Route 40 something iirc. But Heonn is separate from Kanto/Johto so they decided not to continue the numbering. Heonn instead began with 101 and went onwards. Similarly, Sinnoh started with 201 and went onwards.

idk where you got 416-432 but it's probably not from the main handheld Gamefreak line of Pokemon games.

I thought sinnoh was 400's, anyway, what i mean is that routes are not always in numerical sequence. Like when you are in route 216, and then appear in route 222. Of course, i think this also happens in the real word but i don't remember...