ANOTHER Life Playthrough

Life

This is going to be my 4th playthrough right now. FE7 is still in the works (struggling through ENM out of pure boredom), FFVII won't be continued until I beat FFIX (I'm on Disk 3 in that game) and Tales of Vesperia is an ongoing project that will pick up as soon as my mom stops trying to verbally assault me every time she sees my face.

Anyway, this is more of a boredom playthrough with semi detailed logs. I've never finished FE4 (gotten to Chapter 8) but I actually plan to finish this run before... next year, I guess. I'll try to be as efficient as possible but I will be getting the Wind Sword so... bye bye real efficiency?

I'm undecided on some pairings since I can't help but feel as if I can do better but meh. The ones that I am doing for a fact are as follow:

AyraxNoish - Hi there Pursuit, Charge, Critical and Meteor Sword! He's also got decent Str and Def growths, stuff that Ayra doesn't exactly have. Only thing is that I'm going to have to feed this fucker kills for a LONG time and hand him the Hero Sword for the arenas and stuff (he won't pass it down since Holyn's going to give it to Patty). I'd love to give him a magic sword too to send down to Skasaha but Dew, Ethlin and probably Fury are going to have them. Actually, Dew might just hand off the Wind Sword to Noish right before Gen 1 ends.

TiltyuxLevin - Sety's going to be a god no matter what I do. Why not include Arthur into that mix? Levin will send down the Pursuit Ring to Arthur while Tinny gets... Thunder and Elwind? Apparently Tron doesn't get passed down to her and I need to take it off of Ishtor's dead body. Also, since Azel!Tinny has B Fire and B Thunder, I suspect that Levin!Tinny will have B Wind and B Thunder. As for Tinny not doubling... well, she's not the one who's holding Holsety.

BrigidxHolyn - I'm sick of hoping that Shanan is going to dodge 20% hit rates (about 10 of them) when I try to clear Yied Shrine. So I plan to make Patty somewhat fightable. As for Faval, he'll probably hit more with the Skl that Holyn gives him.

FuryxClaude - Sety is already a god in all senses of the word. Why don't we also make him a great healer? As for Fee... as long as she's usable, I really don't mind. She'll probably get the Hero Lance in any case.

The rest are all undecided. I'd prefer that Sylvia get paired (since I would like to pass down the Leg Ring and hopefully the Knight Ring too) but if she doesn't, oh well. I know that Lester doesn't get Pursuit from Jamka but he is a lot stronger (hopefully being able to 2HKO stuff with the Hero Bow) while Lana is Lana and can go suck a dick. Lachesis is the one that worries me since I have tried Beowulf and enjoyed that with a decently good Lester but Fin's Prayer is too tempting to resist. Not to mention that I hate Beowulf when he's unpromoted.

So yeah. Those are my thoughts on pairings. Also, once I finish Gen 1, I'm going to attempt to predict the starting stats for all of my children characters.

Playthrough:

Prologue - Birth of the Holy Knight

Chapter 1 - Girl of the Spirit Forest

Chapter 2 - Disturbance in Agustria

Chapter 3 - Lion King Eltshan

Edited by 4chan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with Holyn as a father Patty isn't going to survive Yied Shrine, gets 2HKOed at ~60% hit rates and 2RKOs back with Hero Sword. Shannan is probably stuck trying to dodge everything to clear Yied.

Duly noted. It would still be nice if she could at least fight.

What about the other pairings, what do you suggest?

Well if you're even sorta going for efficency you'll probably Narga the hell out of Yurius, so a wrath-proof dancer isn't necessary, but if you don't want to Nargabomb Yurius, AlecSylvia would help. Wrath-proof with decent Res.

Training Alec isn't actually necessary, because Leen doesn't really care about fighting anyway and lolCorple. Dew can feed him some money for rings or something. Or let him get the Bargain ring village, and sell it before Gen1 is over so Shanan can get it for Gen2.

I've done both JamkaxAideen and MidaylexAideen, and found Midayle!Lester easier to use (I've had him hit things 5 times before and onerounding said thing, hmm). Though, if you give Jamka!Lester him the pursuit ring, I suppose it's fine that way too, but his SKL growths will suck and you want him to hit things.

If you go MidayleAideen Patty could take the Pursuit ring and, well, while still not useful during the Shanan solos all fight, she could do more with the Hero Sword, hitting 4x instead of 2x per turn.

Go for FinxLachsis. Prayer+Charisma will be pretty useful for helping other people dodge things, especially those annoying ranged stuff. And I like that pairing storyline-wise.

You should pair Lex with someone. Elite's too good to let go as well. And personally I'm not too fond of pairing Fin with someone just because all his items are gone in Gen 2(Although I guess if anything you can have Fury pass down the Brave Lance to Fee and then in the chapter 7 base I guess you can just sell the Brave Lance back to Fin as Fin does start near a fort as well) if he's a father. And in an efficient playthrough there's probably not going to be many instances where Fin can be adjacent to Lachesis and he only has 2 chapters to fall in love with her.

Well if you're even sorta going for efficency you'll probably Narga the hell out of Yurius, so a wrath-proof dancer isn't necessary, but if you don't want to Nargabomb Yurius, AlecSylvia would help. Wrath-proof with decent Res.

I still question using Narga. Sure, Yuria can 3HKO at a high enough level and thus even has a decent chance of ORKOing if she activates continue or if he activates duel, but it takes so very long to get Celice to capture and then you have to get Julia to enter the castle and walk all the way to Yurius. Far faster to just kill her or distract her and then take on Yurius with Celice + lover + charisma bots + dancer.

Fortunately, Yurius is an idiot. You don't need to worry about MeteoWrath because as long as Celice is sitting in front of the castle Yurius will attack Celice. And he'll even be kind enough to do so at 1 range so that Celice can counter.

It takes 6 rounds max for Celice to take out Yurius if Celice has the power ring. He does 30 damage in 6 hits, and thanks to your dancer and Yurius being dumb Celice gets 6 hits per round. More if poor Yurius happens to activate duel. He recovers, what, 15 hp each turn? On the 6th turn of the assault, Yurius would have no more than 5 hp. If you get others to help out (like Faval or something, before Yurius is in wrath-range) then it can be even faster. And you can use Celice's lover + Delmud + Nanna + his own stars to get +50 hit and +50 avo. Basically, Celice should have 100% hit and face lowish hit rates against while taking under 20 damage a hit. Under 15 if he has a barrier ring.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Those are basically what I do, but maybe you should give Holyn the Thunder Sword and Aira's Hero Sword, since Patty can use them and you get a second once you seize Yied. Ska can just have the Silver Blade and Wind Sword.

Or you can just play my hack and see what happens. :awesome:

*shameless plug*

And here we go.

Prologue:

Chalphy -> Jungby (7)

I won't describe everything turn by turn but just point out some highlights and other stuff.

- Noish getting a kill on every single player phase but deciding to say "Fuck you" with a Spd level up.

- Ardan fighting with a Hand Axe Brigand in the woods near Chalphy. Ardan 5RKOs him and gets 8RKO'd back. Fuck, that's a lot of turns of uselessness.

- Lex becoming Superman and saving two villages by himself... Ok, Azel backed him up by killing an annoying Hand Axe Brigand.

- Alec doing a piddling 8 damage to DiMaggio AFTER he doubles.

- Fin gettting the Speed Ring until Azel saves up enough money for it.

- Sigurd being a beast (like usual) and capturing Jungby on Turn 7.

- Cuan is great. He can chop guys up into ORKO material for any of my weaker horseriders, especially from a distance.

Jungby -> Evans (7)

- Watching Alec slowly get better than Noish when I'm feeding Noish the kills

- Ardan FINALLY killing that Hand Axe Brigand after getting hit 3 times in a row and being at 5 HP.

- Sigurd recieving the Silver Sword and letting the rape commence.

- Cuan being knocked down to 1 HP thanks to my stupidity.

- Attempting to knock down Gerrard's HP so that Fin can kill him, failing to do than and then saying "fuck it, I'll just let Sigurd rape his ass" on Turn 14.

- Azel having exactly enough Move to get to both northern villages without having me waste a turn.

Person      Level   HP  Str  Mgc  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res   Gold   Main Weapon       Rings
Sigurd      *8.06   38   15    1   13   12    8    9    4   6000   Silver Sword (2)  
Noish        6.50   35   12    0    9    9    4    8    0   4955   Steel Sword (11)  
Alec         5.94   34   11    1   11   12    5    7    0   3000   Iron Sword (8)    
Ardan        4.52   37   13    0    5    4    3   13    0   7500   Iron Sword (2)    
Fin          3.69   33    9    0    8   12    8    8    0   6385   Iron Lance (7)    Speed
Cuan        *5.47   35   16    0   10   11    6   11    3   6000   Steel Lance (1)   
Midir        3.03   32    9    0    7    9    3    7    0   3000   Iron Bow (2)      
Azel         2.27   31    0   10    7    9    2    3    6  14500   Fire (3)          
Lex          6.70   34   12    0   10   12    8    9    0   6000   Iron Axe (3)      
Ethlin       2.95   28    5    8   11   12    8    4    6   5000   Slim Sword (1)    

Not bad, not bad.

Edited by Life Admiral

Training Alec isn't actually necessary, because Leen doesn't really care about fighting anyway and lolCorple. Dew can feed him some money for rings or something. Or let him get the Bargain ring village, and sell it before Gen1 is over so Shanan can get it for Gen2.

I'll probably do that. Shanan needs it since he pretty much abuses the Balmung in Chapter 7. Aless also kinda abuses the Mistoltin though so I'm trying to figure out which one wants it more from Chapter 8 onwards. Probably Aless.

I've done both JamkaxAideen and MidaylexAideen, and found Midayle!Lester easier to use (I've had him hit things 5 times before and onerounding said thing, hmm). Though, if you give Jamka!Lester him the pursuit ring, I suppose it's fine that way too, but his SKL growths will suck and you want him to hit things.

MidirxAideen it is.

If you go MidayleAideen Patty could take the Pursuit ring and, well, while still not useful during the Shanan solos all fight, she could do more with the Hero Sword, hitting 4x instead of 2x per turn.

Arthur's getting the Pursuit Ring since he can't double now.

Go for FinxLachsis. Prayer+Charisma will be pretty useful for helping other people dodge things, especially those annoying ranged stuff. And I like that pairing storyline-wise.

Might as well try it then.

You should pair Lex with someone. Elite's too good to let go as well. And personally I'm not too fond of pairing Fin with someone just because all his items are gone in Gen 2(Although I guess if anything you can have Fury pass down the Brave Lance to Fee and then in the chapter 7 base I guess you can just sell the Brave Lance back to Fin as Fin does start near a fort as well) if he's a father. And in an efficient playthrough there's probably not going to be many instances where Fin can be adjacent to Lachesis and he only has 2 chapters to fall in love with her.

I've been kicking around an idea in my head that Lex would actually make a kinda decent husband to Sylvia. Both Corple and Leen get defense to hell, both get Elite making Corple a better heal bot and Corple can at least survive shit.

Fortunately, Yurius is an idiot. You don't need to worry about MeteoWrath because as long as Celice is sitting in front of the castle Yurius will attack Celice. And he'll even be kind enough to do so at 1 range so that Celice can counter.

Ah, see, the only ways I've beaten Yurius was through Nargabombing and a three-turn Balmung!Lakche (impossible in this run anyway) in which Aless ended up baiting Wrath since Yurius likes to Meteorbomb people unless Celice or Yuria's in front. So I kinda forgot about that. Thanks for bringing it up.

C7 Lenster only lets you repair items.

Although if Fin is at a high enough level, he should be able to one round the armors with Iron.

LexBriggid actually could work, since it gives autoElite to Patty who really wants it. I'm not to sure about how the stats would come out, though. Patty doesn't want to be involved in battle during Shanan's part in C7 anyway.

LexLachesis is iffy. While Neir and Elite is certainly awesome, and Del would be able to tank like a boss, he doesn't have Pursuit. Nanna can still level by spamming Return, but Del's offense would go down, and there's one pursuit ring that just about everyone not named Lakche, Ska, Celice, Fee, or Sety wants.

Edit: LexSylvia makes sense, actually. I wanna see how that one works. :)

I'll probably do that. Shanan needs it since he pretty much abuses the Balmung in Chapter 7. Aless also kinda abuses the Mistoltin though so I'm trying to figure out which one wants it more from Chapter 8 onwards. Probably Aless.

Aless can grab the C8 Thief ring in that remote village down there. Shanan should just keep Bargain. Thief>Bargain IMO.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I've been kicking around an idea in my head that Lex would actually make a kinda decent husband to Sylvia. Both Corple and Leen get defense to hell, both get Elite making Corple a better heal bot and Corple can at least survive shit.

I was actually thinking Lex x Brigid wouldn't be too bad because it makes arena fighting with Patty easier with the Sleep Sword+Ambush and will level up quicker meaning she might actually see promotion and then at least it would also end up getting you an overlevelled archer with Ichival which is always really nice.

Lex x Sylvia is pretty cool. Corple can actually promote! And Sylvia becomes slightly durable, for taking hits from ballistas. Lex x Briggid is what I did on my first playthrough. It's pretty nice, and helps Faval a bit, but Patty still sucks a fair bit.

Noish-Briggid -> Critical Patty/Faval rock

Lex-Tiltyu -> Elite+Wrath+Ambush Arthur/Tinny, they dont need pursuit or anything

Mideel-Edin -> Hero Bow/Pursuit Lester, good archer, better than Jamuka

Lachesis : Alec/Beowolf/Finn, anyone with Pursuit skill is fine, but only Beowolf can pass down A rank sword

Aila -> you choice, Holyn would be the best option

Levin-Fury -> strongest/fastest mage

Sylvia : dont pair her, you'll get a Charisma Laylea + Barrier Sword and an Elite Sharlow + Berserk Staff

use Berserk Staff on Julia, give Celice Leg ring, give Leaf Rescue Staff, warp Julia to Velthomer after conquering it, you'll get Narga soon enough

if you want to kill Julius without Narga, Shannan + Power Ring can do the job better/faster than Celice

Edited by hanhnn

Noish-Briggid -> Critical Patty/Faval rock

Lex-Tiltyu -> Elite+Wrath+Ambush Arthur/Tinny, they dont need pursuit or anything

Mideel-Edin -> Hero Bow/Pursuit Lester, good archer, better than Jamuka

Lachesis : Alec/Beowolf/Finn, anyone with Pursuit skill is fine, but only Beowolf can pass down A rank sword

Aila -> you choice, Holyn would be the best option

Levin-Fury -> strongest/fastest mage

Sylvia : dont pair her, you'll get a Charisma Laylea + Barrier Sword and an Elite Sharlow + Berserk Staff

Since you didn't read the first post and decided to just give your input, let me responds in the same way.

Briggid - Holyn will actually make Faval hit shit.

Tiltyu - Completely inefficient. So Tinny and Arthur become great. So what? They still need to be at half HP to do anything and if the enemy dodges the attack, there's a good chance that Arthur/Tinny dies since they're MAGES.

Fury - Yes Sety is strong and fast. He also doesn't come until Chapter 8 and is really good even if Azel or Claude is his father. Why not give your Holsety user a horse?

Sylvia - Or I can pair her with Lex and I STILL get Elite. Plus I can actually send down the Leg and Knight Rings to Leen.

To be fair, PromotedTinny with Thoron and half health did oneshot all of Hannibal's armors when I did LexTiltyu. It is inefficient as hell, but very fun. Arthur still can't double for crap, but Tinny becomes pretty awesome due to compulsory Mage Fighter Continue.

LevinFury may be one of the fastest pairings in the game. One conversation in C4 and bam! done. Sticking Levin on Tiltyu takes a bajillion turns to do, but I guess sacrificing a bit of Gen1 turns for Gen2 horse is still better in the long run.

I think what you have there is good, though. I haven't done NoishAyra yet, so I want to see the results of that too. :)

Again, this entire playthrough is going to be written in point form notes.

Chapter 1:

Preparations:

- Fin uses his Iron Lance to blast through the first 5 rounds of the arena and stops since he just barely misses a 2RKO on the Wind Mage (6). He'll get the Steel Lance in a second.

- Cuan gets stumped at the Wind Mage, sells off the Steel Lance and goes home. He also buys Fin's old Iron Lance.

- Attempt number 2 for Fin ends in failure. Oh well.

- Ethlin's turn. She fails to kill the Lance Knight (3) and stops. She switches her Slim Sword with Ardan's Iron Sword too.

- Ardan shambles his way past the first five rounds and then gets stumped at the Wind Mage. Yes, Ardan did that. Including an 8HKO on the Axe Armour (5) while he 2HKO'd Ardan back. What the fuck?

- Azel needs 20k for the Speed Ring and he's at 14.5k right now. Unfortunately, he gets stopped at the Swordfighter (4) with 19k. Ouch. Looks like he's pillaging a village.

- Lex buys the Steel Axe, beats the first three rounds and then loses to the Swordfighter. We'll try that one again later.

- Alec buys Sigurd's Steel Sword and grabs the Iron Lance from the store. He manages to get to the Swordfighter but loses there. A couple of tries later, he beats the Swordfighter and the Axe Armour. He then sells his Iron Lance to Noish.

- Noish buys both the Iron Lance and the Javelin from the store. He then proceeds to fuck the arena up... until missing the Lance Knight twice with 86 Hit. Great... He beats the Lance Knight soon after but fails to beat the Swordfighter.

- Midir cleans up shop in the first three fights and then gets stuck at the Hunter (4).

- Enemies experience RAPE RAPE RAPE when Sigurd starts fighting but he actually has trouble at the Wind Mage. Takes about 5 tries before Sigurd gets past him. Then the General (7) starts getting Big Shields at exactly the wrong time... Another 10 tries and Sigurd finally clears the arena. 'bout fucking time.

- Alec is now statistically much better than Noish. Fuck my life. Why does the shitty guy have to get the good skills?

Evans -> Genoa (8)

- Genoa experiencing a terrible run-in with a man by the name of Sigurd. Let's just say that RAPE RAPE RAPE doesn't even cut it in this situation.

- Kinbois getting free shots at a damaged Midir at 1 range or Cuan at 2 but instead aiming for a full HP Fin... and missing.

- Azel finally having enough money for the Speed Ring.

- Sigurd and Cuan teaming up for the kill on the Captain that's guarding Genoa on Turn 8 while Ayra is busy chasing after Noish and Alec. A new personal best time.

Genoa -> Marpha (6)

- Lex guarding Aideen in the forest from Marpha with nothing to help him but a little shit named Dew.

- Eliot getting his ass kicked by Eltshan like usual.

- Fin with 3 HP not being afraid of a Mountain Thief... even after missing him.

- Ayra trivializing the arena until the Wind Mage, losing 15~20 battles in a row before finally killing him (he refused to miss at 55 Hit), dying once to the General and then killing him, clearing the arena.

- Warping Noish to Genoa to be beside Ayra and then realizing that it wasn't really a good idea since there's still Marpha's 2nd army.

- Wondering if Gandolf forgot about the fact that he invaded Southern Grandbell when he complains about being unlucky since "his girl escapes, and now his castle's under attack".

- Wondering why Cuan misses a 46 on Gandolf when Fin hits a 44 with the same RN.

- Finishes Gandolf off with Sigurd and seizes Marpha on Turn 14.

Marpha -> Verdane (16)

- Dew fighting in the arena and doing 1 damage while facing 0 Hit.

- Aideen abusing Warp and Ethlin using Return to get as much Exp as possible quickly.

- Sigurd beasting a lot of the Brigands in the forest and being the meatshield for Jamka.

- Dew visiting the far village, being Returned back to Evans and FINALLY beating that stupid mage.

- Taking a year just to get through that STUPID forest.

- Lex getting the Hero Axe like usual, ready to bring the pain to enemies in Chapter 2.

- Fin getting Returned to Evans and clearing the arena.

- Midir and Jamka enjoying the luxury of an enemy phase against Verdane's Hunter army.

- Sigurd ORKOing Sandima LIKE THE FUCKING BEAST THAT HE IS and capturing Verdane on Turn 30.

Person      Level   HP  Str  Mgc  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res   Gold   Main Weapon         Rings 
Sigurd     *13.70   43   19    1   15   14   10   10    4  22930   Silver Sword (15)   Skill, Magic
Noish        8.40   37   12    0    9    9    4    8    0   7075   Steel Sword (15)    
Alec         8.87   37   14    1   11   12    6    7    0   9950   Steel Sword (8)     
Ardan        7.63   40   15    0    6    5    3   13    0   7500   Slim Sword (5)      
Fin          8.77   36   12    0   11   14    9    9    0  22245   Steel Lance (8)     Speed
Cuan        *8.93   39   18    0   11   14    6   11    3  18840   Iron Lance (11)     
Midir        6.75   33    9    0    7   10    3    8    0  10100   Iron Bow (9)        
Azel         4.63   32    0   11    7   10    2    3    6  26100   Fire (7)            
Jamka        7.62   37   12    0   14   14    4   10    0   8000   Killer Bow (4)      
Lex         13.12   39   14    0   10   12   11   14    0  10000   Hero Axe (0)        
Dew          2.32   29    3    0    6   15   13    1    0   9010   Slim Sword (0)      
Deirdre      4.71   26    0   15   10   12    6    3   17   6500   Aura (0)            
Ethlin       6.56   30    7    8   13   14    8    6    6  12130   Iron Sword (3)      
Ayra         6.95   32   12    0   18   18    4    8    1  21980   Iron Blade (0)      
Aideen       8.20   32    1   13    9   11   13    5   10  25000                       

I feel kind of depressed since I realized that I'm actually a turn slower than Balcerzak who was on a blind run of the game even though I was down a Social Knight since Noish is trying to seduce Ayra. That being said, my efficiency value will pick up (aside from the obvious Chapter 3) once 2nd Gen starts due to kids like Lakche, Skasaha, Knight/Leg Ring Leen, Holsety Arthur and promoted Fin.

It's nice to read this and see a completely different approach to mine. Mine is a meandering first run driven by anger- and caffeine-fuelled writeups, usually without stats. Yours is calculated, efficient and informed, with only the necessary information.

Ahh, project logs~

It's nice to read this and see a completely different approach to mine. Mine is a meandering first run driven by anger- and caffeine-fuelled writeups, usually without stats. Yours is calculated, efficient and informed, with only the necessary information.

Ahh, project logs~

I love reading long essays about each chapter in this game. I don't mind writing them too... but I hit Esc too often and lose the entire page. I did that with my Prologue, said "fuck it, I'm doing this point-form" and realized that I really like it.

Also, I'm spamming Sigurd with his Silver Sword... Yeah, that shit is epic.

Also, I'm spamming Sigurd with his Silver Sword... Yeah, that shit is epic.

Hell, mine took the entire first quarter of the game as his bitch with the Sword of ManlinessSteel! Can't begin to imagine how ridiculously overpowered he'd be with Silver.

Hell, mine took the entire first quarter of the game as his bitch with the Sword of ManlinessSteel! Can't begin to imagine how ridiculously overpowered he'd be with Silver.

The Silver Sword is an extra 4 Mt (14) with the same Wt (3) and costs 5000 instead of 3000 for the Steel. Trust me, it is a great item for Sigurd and even better for Celice. Also, when I say that Sigurd ORKO'd Sandima, I mean he barely did it. 33 Atk vs. 8 Def and 50 HP x 2 Hits = Dead in a single turn. That's how key that sword can be.

Truth be told, I didn't need it since I did have Cuan available to weaken Sandy first but I decided to give Cuan some Exp by killing a mook nearby so... yeah.

Yeah. I had to wait 'til ... I think it was Chapter Three, there were Silvers in the Item Shop? Yeah, he bought one there. Which was good, because he was starting to slow down. Silver changed everything. It's quite a natural progression, in fact...now that he's starting to stop 2HKOing he gets Tyrfing. Anyway, I'll be following this.

Hopefully Lex/Holyn won't get too close to Ayra except for that one Hero Sword conversation.

I think Lakche's base stats will be okay even with a poorly-trained Noish since she gets most of hers from Ayra. Ska's stats... he got growths to compensate. Perhaps. And Crit. And Meteor. Which are awesome.

I will be following this as well.

I should point out, Celice is the one most in need of the leg ring since he has to seize a bunch of stuff with 6 move. 9 move is so much better for that.

Then when he promotes I guess just have Patty give money to Leen and let her have a village or two and hopefully she'll be able to buy the leg ring. Though I'm not sure if she's actually best. Someone that gets lower turn counts than me should probably say something. I missed the A rank by 9 turns or something, and others beat it by more than 100, so yeah. Part of it is giving the Leg Ring to Leen instead of Celice. Part of it is spending an extra 10+ turns in chapter 3 to make Fin fall for Tiltyu (as far as fun is concerned, totally worth it). And the rest is just me not being that great at low turns in this game. In my defence, that was only my second playthrough and I cut my total turns by more than 50% from my first playthrough, so it's still a great improvement. I don't really know how I had so many 100+ turn chapters in my first playthrough, but whatever.

Oh, and it seems some of the people playing for low turns made Aideen fall for Azel in order to get the Rescue staff in gen 1. No idea how many turns that cuts, but it's bound to do something good. I love how that thing has 10 uses before it breaks and you have to repair it. My Leaf was pretty much a rescuing service for most of the last two chapters of gen 2. I'm guessing they promoted Lachesis asap and gave the staff to her. Then for the end of gen 1 I have no idea who they gave it to for inheritance.

use Berserk Staff on Julia, give Celice Leg ring, give Leaf Rescue Staff, warp Julia to Velthomer after conquering it, you'll get Narga soon enough

if you want to kill Julius without Narga, Shannan + Power Ring can do the job better/faster than Celice

Shannan lacks Awareness so unless you can get the attack to 0% Celice is still better since he won't randomly take an extra 55 damage (Shanan is OHKOd by a crit since Balmung doesn't help res and he has a low res growth). Also, at most he has 27 str to Celice's 25, so that's only a 1 damage per hit difference. Not a huge deal. Well, sure, he has Continue due to being a swordmaster, so maybe it will go a little faster.

Except according to Luminescent Blade, only Celice or Yuria convince him to attack at 1 range on enemy phase. Shanan only gets two attacks per turn, whereas Celice gets 3 (2 on player phase thanks to dancer and one on enemy phase). They both double and do 5 or 6 damage per hit. Oh, and Shanan averages 23.4 str so you'll be lucky to even reach Celice's 25 strength. Meaning he could do as little as 4 damage. (24 + 5 + 30 = 59, 59/2 = 29 since it rounds down, 29 - 5 = 4). He would then do 16 damage in one turn with Leen's help compared to Celice's 30. You'd need to proc Adept on every single attack in order to just barely beat Celice. Even with 25 or 26 strength, you'd only do 20 damage and need to proc Adept twice just to tie game. Meteor won't work due to Awareness, 50+ kill Balmung won't ever crit for the same reason, so Adept is the best you can do (Awareness doesn't block that one, I think).

So, why do you think Shanan is better for it? If you really want to use Shanan, though, then I'd recommend remembering you have two power rings. Thanks to Leen, you can get 3 Celice + 1 Shanan to attack each turn. In fact, if you use the rescue staff, you can even get 3 Celice + 2 Shanan. And it will let you use Aless before Yurius gets into Wrath range (though Aless only does 2 damage per shot at most without a ring) as well. So much better than only 2 Shanan attacks per turn.

Celice attacks and moves out of the way. Aless attacks and moves out of the way. Shanan attacks. Leen dances for all 3. Shanan attacks. Someone "Rescue"s Shanan with the staff (probably Corple or Claude!Sety or Leaf or promoted Lana/Rana). Aless attacks and moves out of the way. Celice attacks. On enemy phase Yurius attacks Celice.

Assuming 4 damage Shanan, 2 damage Aless, 5 damage Celice, that's 16 + 8 + 30 = 54 damage per round. Actually, you do so much in the first round that Aless is already risking getting criticaled, so it's probably best to only use Aless once. That's still 50 damage total, so he starts the next round with only 45 hp remaining. Sadly, Celice must go first, but if you can get Shanan's hit rate against down to 0% then he can be used still. 20 + 16 = 36 damage, leaving Yurius with 9 hp. 24 to start enemy phase after self-healing. Easy 3RKO since he'll start your third turn with 14 hp.

Oh, and Shanan has a total of 8 attacks in that set, and if at least 3 of them Adept then Yurius will die in 2 rounds. Continue is (AS + 20)%, and Shanan has 26.6 spd on average. 26 - 3 + 20 = 43 AS. 43 + 20 = 63% Continue rate. On average that's 5 Continues in 8 attacks, which means more often than not you'll easily get at least 3. If you can get Yurius down to 0% hit then you can pretty easily 2RKO the guy with a team effort. And since Celice attacks last each round, if he kills he can seize since fe4 is nice like that. Aside from Yuria activating Continue or Yurius activating duel against Yuria (not possible if she has 30 magic + ring to make 30 damage per round, since after the first round he'll only have 20 hp. Anything under 62 mt fails to 3HKO) you can't do better than a 2RKO anyway. And this way you don't have to go get her.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Your pairing is exactly what I do on my latest PT

AyraxNoish - fun to see the green glowing!

TiltyuxLevin

BrigidxHolyn - I prefer this more than BrigidxLex

FuryxClaude - Fee vs Dark mages, win!

other than those I use Sylviaxnone and have a bit of hard time buy-sell those damn rings

maybe SylviaxLex? no?

I used to pair LachesisxFin then go to LachesisxBeowolf, I prefer to Beowolf because my Delmud and Nanna don't need Prayer lol

and Finn with good lance - so Nanna or Delmud can finish off the armor knight for exp.

I only pair Aideen with Midayle. I just can't stand Lester with no persuit :( although I want to try another-canon once but I think I still won't do AideenxJamka in the next PT