ANOTHER Life Playthrough

Life

so Adept is the best you can do (Awareness doesn't block that one, I think).

Nihil definitely doesn't cancel out Adept.

And thank god for that too.

When I did Balmung!Lakche v. Yurius, she activated Adept once on some attacks and twice on others, failing to 2RKO. (She could 2RKO him with Adept activated on all her hits, however. 48+48-15=81, one more damage above the HP cap)

Here's how it went, since the video is 7 minutes long:

Lakche: 62 ATK (27STR+ring+Balmung), has 100% hit on Yurius, faces 0% hit in return. Lakche does 6 damage to him.

Turn one: Lakche hits, adepts, dodges, hits again. Gets danced. hits again, adept, dodge, hit, adept. Yurius down to 80-42=38 HP.

T1-E: Yurius heals back up to 53HP, Meteor's Delmud, hits, Charges, misses.

Turn two: Fee heals Delmud up. Lakche attacks Yurius EXACTLY like turn one, it's scary. Yurius down to 53-42=11 HP.

T2-E: Yurius heals up to 26HP Meteor's Aless. WRATH happens. Aless down to 12 HP.

Turn three: Fee heals up Aless. Lakche hits, dodges, hits, adepts. Dance'd. Hits, dodges, hits again. Yurius dies.

Ah, what the hell. I'll post the video for those of you who want to sit through 7 minutes of Lakche being Lakche as usual.

Considering Shanan's lower average STR than Lakche(He averages around 23.4, if you pair him with Lakche he'll boost it up to 26 by averages, though not that important against Yurius because everyone not named Yuria does insignificant damage per single hit) and lower SPD, Adept activates at a lower rate. it will take more RNG luck for him than Lakche did to kill off Yurius in two turns.

Of course, with supports he still faces 0% hit rates, so no Awareness isn't that big of a deal, but Celice does have the advantage of your support units NOT getting Meteorbombed.

Shanan can, however, easily face 0 hit rates against Yurius, as Lakche puts Yurius in the negative hit ranges (by 30 or so by my calculations. Still 0 displayed), and Shanan averages 26 SPD, which is 43AS, 48 with a ring.

Celice, on average, has 20.15 SPD. Tyrfing gives +3 AS, and even he can pull off facing 0% hit against Yurius. I don't see why Shanan with nearly double his AS can't.

If you do team effort, Just make sure that Celice is parked at the gate at the end of enemy phase.

Edit: One question, though, Narga, do you still get Yuria in the ending sequences if you just left somebody like Sety there and silenced her, killed off Yurius, and seized?

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2:

Preparations:

- Azel buys the Thunder from the shop and then is faced with a conundrum. 24 Atk and 3 AS or 19 Atk and 8 AS? Save first, try out a Magic Ring Azel until he falls, followed by a Speed Ring Azel. Turns out that it doesn't matter since he's stymied at the Swordfighter (4) either way. Magic Ring it is.

- Ayra buys Sigard's Skill Ring (nothing like overkill Skl), runs the arena without trying and recruits Holyn. All this with only an Iron Blade.

- Holyn makes it to the Forrest (7) and gives up even with the Steel Blade. Yeah, I'm not dealing with that shit.

- Lex makes it past the first 3 rounds with ease and then can't touch the Swordfighter. So much for the slaughter.

- Ardan... is Lex with a sword in the arena. Stumped at the Swordfighter.

- Noish actually makes it to the Armour (5) before quitting, which is quite a surprise for me.

- Alec takes Cuan's Iron Lance since Cuan buys the Steel in the shop, destroys the first three guys and also can't beat the Swordfighter.

- Dew beats up on the first two guys but I don't even send him in against the Lance Knight (3).

- Ethlin also beats the first two rounds but fails on the Lance Knight even with Ardan's Slim Sword.

- Deirdre is fucking useless at fighting but even she makes it to the Swordfighter before calling it quits.

- Cuan does a little cleaning up of the arena until his unfortunate run-in with the Thunder Mage (6).

- Midir does well in the first three rounds but the Bowfighter (4) doubles him easily.

- Jamka hangs 7 bodies filled with arrows above his fireplace mantle.

- Screams of terror are heard as Sigurd destroys 6 out of the 7 rounds of the arena. I nominate the man as the BEST Lord in an FE game, even better than Ike w/ Ragnell and 20/20 Roy w/ Sword of Seals (which is beastly).

- Fin doesn't touch the arena since he's waiting for the Elite Ring.

- Ethlin and Aideen switch Live and Relive.

Oh, and it seems some of the people playing for low turns made Aideen fall for Azel in order to get the Rescue staff in gen 1. No idea how many turns that cuts, but it's bound to do something good. I love how that thing has 10 uses before it breaks and you have to repair it. My Leaf was pretty much a rescuing service for most of the last two chapters of gen 2. I'm guessing they promoted Lachesis asap and gave the staff to her. Then for the end of gen 1 I have no idea who they gave it to for inheritance.
only Claude or Sylvia's kids can inherit Rescue Staff, only Lana/Sety/Corple can inherit A rank staff if they have the righteous father

just give Shanan leg ring and knight ring, all those Holy Sword wielders will have the same movement range

whatever you like it or not, Shanan still hits Julius more often than Celice thank to his Continue skill

Briggid - Holyn will actually make Faval hit shit.

Tiltyu - Completely inefficient. So Tinny and Arthur become great. So what? They still need to be at half HP to do anything and if the enemy dodges the attack, there's a good chance that Arthur/Tinny dies since they're MAGES.

Fury - Yes Sety is strong and fast. He also doesn't come until Chapter 8 and is really good even if Azel or Claude is his father. Why not give your Holsety user a horse?

Sylvia - Or I can pair her with Lex and I STILL get Elite. Plus I can actually send down the Leg and Knight Rings to Leen.

who mentioned Briggid - Holyn ?

read my post again, it's Noish-Briggid

Tinny/Arthut have a big chance to survive easily with Ambush+Wrath

of course Holsety on a horse is extremely good, more turns on Gen 1 and less turns on Gen 2

Berserk Staff is just an expensive staff, you want it, dont pair Sylvia, dont want it just pair Sylvia

and a 10% Charisma Laylea does not worth it

Edited by hanhnn

who mentioned Briggid - Holyn ?

read my post again, it's Noish-Briggid

Tinny/Arthut have a big chance to survive easily with Ambush+Wrath

of course Holsety on a horse is extremely good, more turns on Gen 1 and less turns on Gen 2

Berserk Staff is just an expensive staff, you want it, dont pair Sylvia, dont want it just pair Sylvia

Read MY opening post again, it clearly says that I'm going BrigidxHolyn.

just give Shanan leg ring and knight ring, all those Holy Sword wielders will have the same movement range

whatever you like it or not, Shanan still hits Julius more often than Celice thank to his Continue skill.

That's a lot of expenses for Shanan, seeing that he'll have to pay for Balmung and two very expensive rings. Not sure how he'll afford it without severe Patty abuse and lovermoney, even with Bargain.

Knight ring will do for him.

Leg doesn't matter so much.

only Claude or Sylvia's kids can inherit Rescue Staff, only Lana/Sety/Corple can inherit A rank staff if they have the righteous father

Which is why most of them probably paired Claude with Fury and had Claude get the Rescue staff at the end of gen 1. Lachesis is the best user of it until then, though, since she has movement and can move again.

whatever you like it or not, Shanan still hits Julius more often than Celice thank to his Continue skill

Hitting more isn't particularly helpful if you do less damage. The only way for him to compete is to pair with Lakche (str bonus). Otherwise he does 4 damage a shot. Remember, Celice gets 6 guaranteed hits a round. Shanan only gets 4. If you don't know why, you clearly haven't been reading. So even if they do the same damage per hit (5), you are still relying on 3 out of 4 Adepts just for Shanan to win. And yes, giving him the knight ring for this could be beneficial. But you are still better off sticking Celice in the way on Enemy Phase since otherwise someone is getting WrathMeteo'd, which is a problem for many units. Particularly your charisma bots and possibly the lover of someone.

Unless you are sticking Shanan with Lakche and you get lucky with his str and he pulls off 27 instead of 26, you need 3 out of 4 continues to beat Celice. And that's only 35 over 30. His average is around 32.5 damage or so if he has 63% Continue. That's not a very significant win. And if he lacks the Lakche lover, he's got 4 damage. 4 * 4 = 16. I told you this before, in case you ignored it I'll repeat it: he needs 4 out of 4 Continue activations just to beat Celice. His average is around 26 damage to Celice's 30. On average, without a Lakche pairing, Shanan loses. Almost all the time. Only around 15.75% of the time will he score 4 of 4 Continues, the rest he loses by at least as much as he wins when he wins. Only it's normally by a lot more than 2 that he loses.

Now, as I said before, on average he hits Julius 6.5 times to Celice's 6 times. But that doesn't mean much if he's only doing 4 damage a hit instead of 5. And the dumbest thing about this entire argument is that you can easily have both of these units attacking the maximum number of times without even interfering with each other thanks to Leen and Laylea having 4 person dancing and thanks to either the Rescue Staff or the Knight Ring.

Lord Knight str cap = 25

Sword Master str cap = 27

whatever

There's no statboosters in this game. Just rings that adds things above caps. There are two power rings so they can each have one.

As I've mentioned before, Shanan's STR averages somewhere around 23. Without 1)a Lakche pairing and one point of STR blessing or 2) 4 points of blessing at 30% growths he won't ever reach that cap.

...And this is coming from a Shanan fangirl.

And since Life is doing NoishxAyra, Balmung!Lakche is out of the picture.

I just realized something crucial.

From 0 love points, it take 100 turns of standing beside someone to get to 500 (5x100). Lachesis joins early in Chapter 2 while Fin leaves right after Chapter 3. They have a 50+2 relationship.

Yeah, that pairing ain't happening efficiency-wise. LevinxTiltyu and ClaudexFury are a different story since those pairings can happen (potentially) but FinxLachesis isn't.

Now here's my question. Should I count the number of turns taken for the chapter for how many it takes for Sigurd to be able to seize while I burn x amount of turns in order to pair Fin and Lachesis or would that be cheating in the sense of being efficient? Keep in mind that I'm still rushing to beat chapters and the clock stops once Sigurd can seize the final castle (Agusty and Orgahill).

Now here's my question. Should I count the number of turns taken for the chapter for how many it takes for Sigurd to be able to seize while I burn x amount of turns in order to pair Fin and Lachesis or would that be cheating in the sense of being efficient? Keep in mind that I'm still rushing to beat chapters and the clock stops once Sigurd can seize the final castle (Agusty and Orgahill).

If it takes about the same amount of turns or less just using Sigurd while you have Fin and Lachesis stand next to each other then you might as well do it. You should do anything you can for lowest possible turncounts.

You can buy Rescue in Chapter 9 if no-one inherited it and you got it in Gen. 1.

Fin x Lachesis only takes 65 turns. Fin and Lachesis have a 50 + 2 relationship, so they have 450 points to build. They gain 7 points a turn standing next to each other, so it only takes 450 / 7 = 65 turns of them standing next to each other to pair them.

Edited by Aquilae

You can buy Rescue in Chapter 9 if no-one inherited it and you got it in Gen. 1.

Fin x Lachesis only takes 65 turns. Fin and Lachesis have a 50 + 2 relationship, so they have 450 points to build. They gain 7 points a turn standing next to each other, so it only takes 450 / 7 = 65 turns of them standing next to each other to pair them.

Wait, I thought the love growth was replaced by +5 if they were standing beside each other, not tallied on.

I'm still not going to be able to make it while doing a partly efficient run.

I had this going and then I let my sister borrow my computer. She goes and closes the window WHICH had all of my notes from Evans to Anphony. Good work... I'll see if I can remember stuff.

Evans -> Heirhein (10)

- Recruiting Lachesis on Turn 4 and having her get some key heals in where they were needed, including one of the Cross Knights.

- Cuan getting the kill on Eliot and grabbing the Silver Lance.

- Mounts going through Philip's defensive line like it was made of butter.

- Lex and Cuan helping Sigurd with killing Boldo and taking Heirhein on Turn 10.

Heirhein -> Anphony (6)

- Realizing that I can abuse Prayer and then making the Duke Knight knock Fin's HP down to 2 for a 90 Evd bonus.

- Levin and Sylvia forgetting to move on their first turn and end up saving the Bargain village on the last turn possible.

- Burning through more than 20 uses of Fin's Steel Lance on a single enemy phase thanks to Prayer and Voltz's Free Knights.

- Using Fin's Hero Lance to snag the Elite Ring off of Voltz.

- Cuan, Lex and Fin killing Macbeth with Sigurd capturing Anphony on Turn 16.

Anphony -> Mackily (8)

- Fin and Levin destroying the arena back in Evans without even trying.

- Dew and Sylvia teaming up to save the villages as fast as possible.

- Deirdre silencing Clement like usual with the rest of the army raping Mackily.

- 2 of Fury's Peg Knights parking right in front of Levin so that he can't talk to her.

- Beowulf and Cuan destroying Clement for Sigurd to seize on Turn 24.

Mackily -> Agusty (7)

- Levin recruiting Fury before she takes Evans.

- Cuan hopping back into the arena for a spell and clearing it with ease thanks to the Silver Lance.

- Fury clearing the arena with ease until the Forrest and then waiting for a good RNG streak to beat him.

- Watching those stupid Cross Knights charge into battle BEFORE my own troops and swearing violently about it.

- Aideen constantly using Warp to send Ardan back a couple of spaces to Mackily.

- Parking Sigurd in front of Agusty and taking out Shagall on Turn 31.

- Finally getting the Knight Ring for keeping all of the Cross Knights alive.

Person      Level   HP  Str  Mgc  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res   Gold   Main Weapon         Rings  
Sigurd     *17.85   47   20    1   17   14   11   13    4  43755   Silver Sword (25)    
Noish       11.75   39   14    0   10   10    4   10    0  17175   Steel Sword (17)    
Alec        12.67   40   14    1   13   14    8    8    2  17090   Steel Sword (14)    
Ardan        8.57   41   15    0    6    5    3   14    0  44110   Slim Sword (5)      
Fin         19.90   45   15    0   15   17   15   14    2  35005   Hero Lance (10)     Speed, Shield, Elite
Cuan       *16.40   46   24    0   13   18    6   14    4  50000   Silver Lance (8)    
Midir        9.52   34   10    1    8   11    3    8    0  14660   Steel Bow (2)       
Levin       10.09   38    2   14   14   20    8    5    9  27200   Elwind (5)          
Holyn       14.94   42   14    0   19   17    1   12    1  23720   Iron Blade (4)      
Azel         7.84   33    0   12    8   11    3    3    6  10880   Thunder (5)         Magic
Jamka       11.93   41   13    0   14   14    5   11    0  21900   Killer Bow (8)      
Beowulf     11.65   39   15    0   13   11    4   12    0  19540   Steel Sword (8)     
Lex         18.00   43   17    0   11   12   11   16    0  13280   Hero Axe (4)        Barrier
Dew          3.48   30    4    0    6   15   13    1    0  35000   Slim Sword (0)      Bargain
Deirdre      8.43   29    1   19   11   12    7    4   19  15000   Aura (3)            
Ethlin      13.07   35   10    8   16   19    9    6    8  18880   Light Sword (1)     
Lachesis     5.93   27    8    8   11   14    5    9    9  14000   Prayer Sword (2)    Knight
Ayra        12.07   37   15    0   20   21    5   11    2  16480   Steel Blade (7)     Skill
Fury         9.12   34   12    1   12   19    7   10   10  26980   Slim Lance (0)      
Sylvia       2.50   28    3    1    4   12    6    1    5  21500   Slim Sword (1)      
Aideen      12.40   35    1   14   10   11   15    5   10  21800                       

Love:

Noish - Ayra is on your mind.

Midir - You're fond of Aideen.

Aideen - You're fond of Midir.

Azel - Aideen is on your mind.

Ayra - Noish is on your mind.

Jamka - You're fond of Aideen.

Dew - Aideen is on your mind.

Beowulf - Lachesis is on your mind.

Lachesis - Fin is on your mind.

Fin - Lachesis is on your mind.

Sylvia - Levin is on your mind.

Levin - Sylvia is on your mind.

Fury - Levin is on your mind.

EDIT: I created another save file on the 31st turn and then had Fin and Lachesis sit around until turn 51. However, Shagall was defeated on turn 31 by Sigurd, just like the first try. I also had no other lovers gaining points at this time aside from the natural growths.

Edited by 4chan

Cross Knights can really be useful, though. If one of them lives to Voltz's mercs, he just absorbs everything (55-ish health, and the free knights only have 15 attack IIRC) It's like Cuan except you don't need to reset if Voltz Continues. Might be a bit annoying if you want the ring (so you need to keep 'em ALL alive? Well, screw that) but they're very useful pawns.

Lord Knight str cap = 25

Sword Master str cap = 27

whatever

Too dumb to figure out the whole "average" thing? Oh well. I'm sorry about that. Would you like me to use smaller words next time? Maybe more details? What do I need to do in order to help you understand the whole math thing? Maybe you can get back to me on that in a few years once you are out of elementary school.

Now, normally I wouldn't be this mean, but seriously: I gave all the details you need in order to understand the math of how this works. And you made the stupidest counter I've ever seen (seriously, caps?) and your little "whatever" seems to be implying that I'm the one being dumb by suggesting that Celice out-damages Shanan on average. Now, if you are willing to reset levels in order to cap Shanan's str, that's great for you. Unfortunately for your little "argument", by using the word "average" in my post I was making the statement that for those of us that don't reload in order to alter the way the game works, Celice is generally doing more damage than Shanan. Any questions?

so you really believe that Celice average str = 30

w.h.a.t.e.v.e.r

I'm starting to get a bit pissed by you posting in my thread and making everything about you.

Aside from that, you're an idiot. 30 Str (what you said) is not equivalent to 30 damage (what Narga said). Now you can go die in a hole because you clearly have no friends and nobody likes you. Otherwise, you wouldn't be posting here and trying to sound smart.

As for the run, I'm still doing it.

so you really believe that Celice average str = 30

w.h.a.t.e.v.e.r

You really aren't even trying to follow the thread of the conversation, are you.

25 str, which Celice easily caps. +5 from strength ring. 30. 30 mt weapon. 60 mt. Divide by 2 because of the special effect of Yurius' weapon. 30 mt. He has 25 def. 5 damage per hit.

Celice doubles. Easily. 5x2 = 10 damage.

You have a dancer. Celice gets another go. 5x2 = 10 damage. 20 damage total.

Yurius is willing to attack Celice at 1 range on enemy phase because he's an idiot. 5x2 = 10 damage. 30 damage total.

As you can see, that's 30 damage per round. I went over all this many posts ago while you had your eyes closed, your fingers in your ears, and chanting lalalala in order to prevent understanding what I was actually saying because you felt like being a prick.

Now, go back to the talk about what happens with Shanan to see where I'm getting 26 from. I'll bring it back here, again.

He averages 23 or 24 strength. Either way, with a strength ring that's only 29 mt rather than Celice's 30.

Shanan attacks. 4x2 = 8.

Shanan gets danced and attacks. 4x2 = 8. 16 total.

Yurius does not attack Shanan at one range. He'll only do that to Celice and Yuria (according to LB)

Shanan has the potential to use "Continue", later known as "Adept" in fe9 and fe10 (though Adept is inferior to fe4 Continue considering fe4 Continue gives an extra +20 to the success rate).

However, he only gets to around 62 or 63% chance of activating it. In 4 attempts, he'd average around 2.5 successful Continues. 2.5 x 4 = 10 extra damage on average. 16 + 10 = 26 damage.

On average, Shanan is looking at around 26 damage, and Celice is pulling 30. Now, maybe you don't understand all this now, but once you grow up a bit more and take more math in school you might be able to get it and you'll know why you were wrong. In other words, if you still don't understand after my above explanation, come back in a few years and read it again.

Now, yes, having Lakche as a lover gets him enough strength that he can win on average. Having Patty as a lover actually gets him a little bit higher Continue rate, though he'll still fall well short of 30 damage on average. But that isn't important since I wasn't speaking about Shanan in love with Lakche, just Shanan on average.

While Narga omitted a key noun that would have dispeled the misunderstanding

Oops. I'm sure you are right, but I'm not sure what noun I missed. Or at least which post. Tell me the post and if I can't find the missing noun I'll ask for it.

Oops. I'm sure you are right, but I'm not sure what noun I missed. Or at least which post. Tell me the post and if I can't find the missing noun I'll ask for it.

This one:

His average is around 26 damage to Celice's 30.

Simply put, had you put "attack" after average, the dude may have not even said anything.

Actually, I think damage should be replaced with "attack" since people usually think in terms of net damage.

This one:

Simply put, had you put "attack" after average, the dude may have not even said anything.

Actually, I think damage should be replaced with "attack" since people usually think in terms of net damage.

But his average damage really is 26. His average "attack", if you mean attack power, is 29 because of rings (23/24 + 5 + 30 = 58/59, divide by 2 = 29). It's just, doing 4 damage a shot and averaging 6.5 swings means 26 damage.

Celice has both 30 attack and 30 damage, since (25 + 5 + 30)/2 = 30 and 30-25 = 5 and 6 swings means 30 damage. But I think the guy is just devoted to being a prick whenever possible and doesn't really care about what anyone else is actually saying. Just check some of his other posts.

But his average damage really is 26. His average "attack", if you mean attack power, is 29 because of rings (23/24 + 5 + 30 = 58/59, divide by 2 = 29). It's just, doing 4 damage a shot and averaging 6.5 swings means 26 damage.

Celice has both 30 attack and 30 damage, since (25 + 5 + 30)/2 = 30 and 30-25 = 5 and 6 swings means 30 damage. But I think the guy is just devoted to being a prick whenever possible and doesn't really care about what anyone else is actually saying. Just check some of his other posts.

This is what I get for not reading the whole thread. Not sure if there's a white flag smiley somewhere to show surrender.

This is what I get for not reading the whole thread. Not sure if there's a white flag smiley somewhere to show surrender.

oh well. I have no idea what I could have said to make things better, though. Still, it's good that other people seem to be thinking that guy is nuts. Makes me feel better about it all.