my hacking questions thread

FragMaster

> Importing animations does not inherently corrupt anything. That would make the tool unusable.

> Allocating memory using FEA's interface does not inherently corrupt anything. That would make it impossible to efficiently allocate memory with the interface designed for it.

Conclusion: Give me some credit.

> Pointers are data the values of which, when interpreted correctly, help locate other data, using data in this context to refer to constant or variable memory locations' contents.

Conclusion: Terminology is a bitch; don't muck it up because understanding it is fundamental.

What the hell else did you do? If you're using the latest version, dumped an animation with it, increased the memory allocated for animations and imported to newly allocated space then nothing unfortunate should have happened. In fact, if that's truly all you did, nothing noticeable would happen at all as you would need to change whatever class you want to use that animation to actually do so.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Importing animations does not inherently corrupt anything. That would make the tool unusable.

> Allocating memory using FEA's interface does not inherently corrupt anything. That would make it impossible to efficiently allocate memory with the interface designed for it.

Conclusion: Give me some credit.

> Pointers are data the values of which, when interpreted correctly, help locate other data, using data in this context to refer to constant or variable memory locations' contents.

Conclusion: Terminology is a bitch; don't muck it up because understanding it is fundamental.

What the hell else did you do? If you're using the latest version, dumped an animation with it, increased the memory allocated for animations and imported to newly allocated space then nothing unfortunate should have happened. In fact, if that's truly all you did, nothing noticeable would happen at all as you would need to change whatever class you want to use that animation to actually do so.

i noticed that even though i changed the max index for the animation manager, i could still open it. but when i put a pointer in the custom animation thing, that's when it stopped opening the animation manager. what could have gone wrong?

Your grammar and/or lack of semantics is confusing me. Please hang up and try again

what? what i said was, after i edit the pointers in nightmare that's when i can't open the animation manager in FEditor.

what? what i said was, after i edit the pointers in nightmare that's when i can't open the animation manager in FEditor.

And what he said was, USE GRAMMAR.

Or, more specifically, TYPE IN MORE THAN ONE CASE.

What? I said that, after I edit the pointers in Nightmare, I can't open the Animation Editor in FEditor_Adv.

Using NIghtmare, you can change who has what palette.(for example, you could give Serra's palette to Lyn) If you want to create custom palettes, you need other programs and stuffs, you can find tutorials on FEuniverse forums.

Using NIghtmare, you can change who has what palette.(for example, you could give Serra's palette to Lyn) If you want to create custom palettes, you need other programs and stuffs, you can find tutorials on FEuniverse forums.

yes , but that's in fe7. is there one for fe 8?

Obviously, someone hasn't done their googling ._.

Using "FE8 Nightmare Palette" first result:

http://www.feuniverse.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6477&mode=linearplus

http://feshrine.net/hacking/nightmare.html

Edited by shadowofchaos

1: FE 8 Modules

2: Scrolling down may be necessary.

3: Palette Association Editors may be what you were looking for. (If it is not included, you may want to redownload the FE 8 Modules elsewhere)

Now, for how to use it, I do not know. Hopefully this should be of assistance.

Edit: Further reading on the replies above results in the following:

Custom Palettes: You will require other programs and other materials. Tutorials can be found on FEuniverse.

Swapping Palettes: It is said that this can be done via Nightmare. However, I do not know exactly how to carry this out.

Using NIghtmare' date=' you can change who has what palette.(for example, you could give Serra's palette to Lyn) If you want to create custom palettes, you need other programs and stuffs, you can find tutorials on FEuniverse forums.[/size']

It may be wise to start keeping track of tutorials people throw at you. You never know when they might be useful...

Edited by Sire

The only way to change a datum is to change the datum itself? Whooooa

What seph said was pretty repetitious and redundant too.

ZS and I made some palette association editors that assign palettes to characters depending on what class they are and I think they also allowed specification of which classes the associations were for. Basically FE 8 over complicates things and says, instead of "Character x gets palette y", "character x gets palette y if character is of class z" and has a separate array for associating x with z and the x/z associations with a y. Or something like that.

And then of course you have to edit the actual specified palettes or specify an added one to get anything done.

FE 8 does it that way to handle class branching. It was a pretty smooth idea I suppose.

So yeah computer science really isn't all that convoluted.

inb4 "how doez I manage memory allcoation?"

Edited by Obviam

What seph said was pretty repetitious and redundant too.

Pretty much. Kinda feel like an idiot for that comment now.

Oh well.

Back on topic, here's a tut about what we're saying, basically:

http://www.feuniverse.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=280

And here's one using GBAGE:

http://www.feuniverse.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4109

These are your two ways for changing the battle palette on a unit. Have fun.