3. 3. Astrid

• Swords
    • Axes
    • Lances
  4. 4. Makalov

• Axes
    • Lances
    • Bows

Axes are best for everyone not named Kieran. He's probably not going to use his secondary weapon much, so, whatever. I'd probably go for swords since I tend to have fewer sword users than lance users, and lolbows.

Axes are best for everyone not named Kieran. He's probably not going to use his secondary weapon much, so, whatever. I'd probably go for swords since I tend to have fewer sword users than lance users, and lolbows.

lolbows are lolawesome because he has good 2 range with them, and its not like you really care if he can't counter because this is FE9, not FE6.

At least bows are somewhat useful rather than the other weapons which are rather useless at E rank.

/my rant

For me, I'd give my paladins the following(assuming I used all four of them, which I don't. I only use Oscar and Kevin.)

Oscar: Bows. This is easy, since in the six playthroughs that I have played(and my current HM playthrough)Rolf was in play, as well as his two brothers, so I'm not going to waste a perfectly good triangle attack(I want the option open to me)

Kevin: Swords. He does well with swords, and essentially a hero on a horse. I gave him lances on the recorded PT because the forum demanded it.

Astrid: Axes. Easy. Her str is somewhat shaky, and axes can alivate that.

Mack: Axes, for the same reason as Kevin.

lolbows are lolawesome because he has good 2 range with them, and its not like you really care if he can't counter because this is FE9, not FE6.

At least bows are somewhat useful rather than the other weapons which are rather useless at E rank.

You can forge up to 80 hit on a Hand Axe, and they have more MT, so Kieran really doesn't care. You'd pretty much have to use an Arms Scroll on him anyway to get him to a point where he would actually want to use his secondary weapon.

Axes for everyone except Kieran. Bows for Kieran.

Axes are cool because you can use Steel at E.

That. Axes are too good in this game not to choose them. Some people would say Lance over Bow for Kieran, but the way I see it he has no use for Lances when he already has Axes and Bows can provide superior 2-range. Plus, if you actually manage to get his weapon level up to a respectable level there likely won't be too much competition unless you really like Snipers because the ones in this game suck. Only other competition is Boyd (same issues of getting level up, though) and Astrid (who instead wants to get her Axe level up).

Bows for Oscar and Kieran, as both have strong melee and existant 1-2 ranges without taking redundant (IMO) options.

Axes for Astrid and Makalov because Astrid doesn't suit 'em at all the perfect little princess aarrghh hate nobility they need strong melee and existant 1-2 range to go with, respectively, strong 2-range and ... existant melee.

It's stupid to give any of them bows when they're being locked to a whole phase. If you're giving Oscar bows you're only doing it for the loltriangleattack.

Axes for Oscar and Astrid. They need the Mt.

Lances for Kieran and Makalov. Some people exagerate on their shaky Hit. Lances have decent Hit, and actually good Mt. Having swords means they'll be getting WTD'd often. And not mention their supports give out Hit bonuses.

Edited by Totally not Hika's alt

Bows for Oscar since he already has good enough 1 range. Also bow fanboy requires it.

Lances for Kieran because Javelin's hit issues aren't as bad as Hand Axes and he ORKO's a lot anyways.

Swords for Astrid because it's like a Nomad Trooper.

Axes for Makalov because his MT could use some work most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Oscar: Bows for the triangle attack and because he's a Silver Knight in the next game.

Keiran: Swords for gamble.

Astrid: Swords, because in the girls run Titania has lances and axes covered.

Makalov: Axes because they are awesome, and Gold Knight.

Oscar: Bows for the triangle attack, although I've never used it, and I've never had Oscar use his secondary weapon.

Kieran: Swords, for an accuracy boost if needed.

Astrid: Axes, although I rarely let her use her secondary weapon.

Makalov: I don't use him, but I'd probably give him Axes for a power boost.

Ehh... The Paladins' secondary weapons are really a lost point for me, as I never use them.