Soul's FE10 Casual effeciency playthrough [Complete]

Junkhead

Those little balls are annoying  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone else agree those little balls at 4-E-4 are annoying?

I meant to ask if my playlog was a little closer to resebling effeciency. What I understand for being "ineffecient" is, taking your time to baby and abuse your weakest characters and not waste the whole resources on them. I think I'm just in the middle, which is why I changed the topic title for accuracy.

I will be updating as soon as I get passed 3-9. I hate this chapter.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-8

Preparations menu

BEXP'd Ike (Spd/Luck/Res), Boyd (Str/Luck/Def) & Haar (Mag/Luck/Res)

Also forged another Max Mt/Crit. Steel sword for Mia.

<Begin>

Ike and Soren took the right side to later make their ways to where Septimus was. Shinon, Boyd, Titania & Mia went for the very left side, to where that chokepoint with Halberdiers and Warriors are. That's where Boyd stood, with his +2 Atk bonuses coming from Shinon and a hand axe, he killed all the enemies in that chokepoint. Then Janaff and Ulki just grassed themselves until they were needed. Shinon and Boyd took the South-Western side while Ike and Soren went for Septimus and his homies. Well, Soren did most of the clearing, as he stood from the ledges and killed most of the enemies. Ike was eqipped with a Wind Edge, so he could counter and kill the spawning enemies at the East since they bore 2-range. And the few enemies left were taken out by Titania, Ranulf, Janaff & Ulki.

Unit      Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res   Support
Ike      16.81  50 27   2   30  28  17 26  11
Soren     3.14  43 16  31   26  29  14 14  26
Shinon   17.91  45 27   8   30  26  17 24  14
Boyd     16.81  53 30   2   26  27  16 21   8
Mia      14.68  39 23   5   30  30  20 17   8
GAAR     20.35  50 29   2   26  24  19 26  10

6 turns.

3-9

Bought Adept from the Shop. And then bought an Iron Blade at the Armory, for Makalov.

Marcia took the Killer Lance.

- Danved got said Adept.

- Kieran took Geoffrey's Paragon.

- Marcia took Astrid's Paragon.

<Begin>

If I dislike this chapter, it has to be for the fact Kieran, a character that is fundamental for this strategy, has shaky hit. He 2HKO's nearly every enemy on the map, but due to his low byorhytm and Steel poleaxe, he might've cost me a reset. But fortunately, he hit all the time.

Danved and Callil cleared a few enemies up on the ledges, while Marcia tried to kill a Soldier and a Halberdier to avoid them from burning villages, and to retrieve the Speedwings. Callil later helped chipping enemies, to make things faster. All the CRKs (Except for Marcia and Callil rounded up on the boss and killed him.

And like most, I'm not bothering with stats for the CRKs.

7 turns.

Edited by Flint Eastwood

Why do you let your units die? :facepalm: RIP Aran, Laura, Edward, Astrid(I assume she's revived?)

IMO letting them die, except for Brad since he wasn't in your team, is something inefficient since the point in Fire Emblem is generally that units can't come back if they die so the player does what they can to not let them die so letting them die is breaking a hidden rule (thats in my opinion though ^_^).

I do like how you try to play efficiently and still use crappy units <3 (just like I did :3).

There will be losses in war.

but it actually can be a great strategy letting people die when you no longer need them, Ex letting titan die in 4-4 because with Sol she might still live and can hold out a while in the final room, and the rest of your team can be doing other shit.

but it actually can be a great strategy letting people die when you no longer need them, Ex letting titan die in 4-4 because with Sol she might still live and can hold out a while in the final room, and the rest of your team can be doing other shit.

So letting Titania die is okay as long as she survives?

There will be losses in war.

I hate to point out the obvious, but if Titania dies, she can't fight anymore, reducing your available offense in 4-4. Since it's such a difficult chapter, I don't see any advantage to it.

If I can't accept losing Meg or even Lyre (which is never in danger anyway because I never deploy her) I wouldn't accept losing Titania. The only losses I've ever accepted are Shinnon and Soren but thats because I dislike their personalities. >:) and I still don't normally let them die anyway.

I hate to point out the obvious, but if Titania dies, she can't fight anymore, reducing your available offense in 4-4. Since it's such a difficult chapter, I don't see any advantage to it.

but if the map is all but done she is a trivial character to keep around.

If I can't accept losing Meg or even Lyre (which is never in danger anyway because I never deploy her) I wouldn't accept losing Titania. The only losses I've ever accepted are Shinnon and Soren but thats because I dislike their personalities. >:) and I still don't normally let them die anyway.

but if the map is all but done she is a trivial character to keep around.

What is this I don't even.

How is she Trivial to keep around? She can help mop up the Enemy reinforcements on the lower floors and help out lollaguzemancipationarmy.She has Endgame potential for the the Brave Axe if Jill isn't using it and If Jill is using it, she has a Silver Forge. Just because she's 'Trivial' for one chapter doesn't mean she is totally useless forever after.

What is this I don't even.

How is she Trivial to keep around? She can help mop up the Enemy reinforcements on the lower floors and help out lollaguzemancipationarmy.She has Endgame potential for the the Brave Axe if Jill isn't using it and If Jill is using it, she has a Silver Forge. Just because she's 'Trivial' for one chapter doesn't mean she is totally useless forever after.

I'm talking about the last room with oliver, not much to do on the map after that unless i dont know any good tactics for it whatsoever. and Titan isn't a very good endgame character, Haar beats her for a spot, as well as all royals, plus any beorc you've traind(shinnon,boyd,neph,jill,nolan etc.)

...Haar beats her for a spot?

You're funny. Haar has even worse speed issues than Tits does, since getting doubled by Spirits is not really healthy.

Except Haar has an amazing skill cap and growth. Since neither are doubling most enemies and they need braves anyway, might as well go for the extra few points of hits he gets due to having a lead in skill (a loss in luck, but not by enough to override it). Okay, it's not a huge lead, but at least he flies for where it matters and can probably double a few of the Generals, even if he doesn't reach 30 to double the majority of them. Granted Titania has potential wyrmslayer access for helping to get rid of dragons in the way of the people rushing to 1-turn the boss, if she can get there.

All you need to 1-turn Deghinsea is base level Royals and Ena. Sanaki + Ike can take care of the Red Dragon in the way.

Also, Haar has speed issues in 4-E-1. While once he gets there, he's better since he 2HKOes Generals with Urvan and he has flight, he might not reach the 30AS that's par for doubling on this map.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

3-10

Preparations menu

BEXP'd Ike (Spd/Luck/Res), Shinon (Mag/Luck/Res), Boyd (Luck/Def/Res) and Haar, who happened to reach lvl 21 and get promoted after that! :lol:

- Established Janaff x Ulki C support.

<Begin>

Ike and Soren head through the vast field, where many enemies would gain in on Elincia and tore apart everything in their way, and up to the boss they go. Shinon, Boyd, Mia & Haar take on the enemies to the lower side of the map, while Janaff and Ulki grass themselves so they can kill Paladin reinforcents by Turn 3. After defeating the enemies at the lower side, Haar flew up to the boss, taking on Paladins and a Dracoknight on the way. He took the boss kill.

Ike      17.84  50 27   2   30  29  18 26  12
Soren     3.34  43 16  31   26  29  14 14  26
Shinon   18.92  45 27   9   30  26  18 24  15
Boyd     18.19  53 30   2   26  27  17 23   9
Mia      15.70  40 23   5   30  30  20 17   9
GAAR      2.05  54 31   7   29  27  20 28  15

6 turns.

3-11

Preparations menu

Finally, the two Crowns arrive. I use the first Crown that I obtained from Sanaki to promote Mia. The second Crown, the one the CRKs had, was used on Shinon.

Then I forged two hand axes, both of them bearing Max Mt. One of them was named "Havoc", which went for Haar. And the second one was named "Malice", which boasts an amazing 16 Mt, thanks to a Coin (I am planning to give it to Jill later on.

- Boyd and Shinon were given Paragon.

- Haar got Savior and Pass.

- Ike got Celerity.

- Removed Daunt from Soren as well as his B support with Ike. (It would be very problematic by 3-13, especially since the DB don't have Parity).

- Established Ike x Haar C support rank.

<Begin>

Haar ferried Ike all the way up to the boss, equipped with average hand axes, and then a steel poleaxe so he could kill anything in his way that doesn't have 2-range. Shinon and Boyd killed at least one eac turn, but thanks to Leanne, they happened to get a few kills each. And they made to about half the map by the time the chapter was over. Ike got dropped at the range of some enemy reinforcent up close to where the boss was at. Of course, with his new amazing 2-range sword they were no problem at all. Haar 1RKO'd the boss, and Ike seized.

Ike      19.68  50 27   2   30  30  20 26  13    C GAAR
Soren     3.83  43 16  31   26  29  14 14  26
Shinon    3.46  50 29  14   32  30  22 28  20    A Boyd
Boyd      2.92  58 33   8   29  30  19 25  15    A Shinon
Mia       1.10  44 26   9   32  32  21 21  14    C Titania
GAAR      4.16  55 32   7   30  29  21 30  15    C Ike

And by the way, Ulki was carrying Janaff during the whole chapter. It was for support-building purposes. xP

7 turns.

Edited by Flint Eastwood

All you need to 1-turn Deghinsea is base level Royals and Ena. Sanaki + Ike can take care of the Red Dragon in the way.

You don't even need Sanaki for that much. Dragonfoe works on the generics, and 54 effective mt with Ragnell is gg for any scrub dragon that's in your way. Or 60mt with the Vague Katti on a TB, etc.

Edited by Interceptor

...Haar beats her for a spot?

You're funny. Haar has even worse speed issues than Tits does, since getting doubled by Spirits is not really healthy.

I know narga pointed out most of this but...Haar is stronger and 1-2less speed isn't killing him by any means, why is it so bad hes being doubled by spirits? we're 1 turning lehran and 2 turning ashera, and he isnt even helpful here.(might as well sacrifice him to do chip damage on a spirit.

Also, Haar has speed issues in 4-E-1. While once he gets there, he's better since he 2HKOes Generals with Urvan and he has flight, he might not reach the 30AS that's par for doubling on this map.

Except Haar has an amazing skill cap and growth. Since neither are doubling most enemies and they need braves anyway, might as well go for the extra few points of hits he gets due to having a lead in skill (a loss in luck, but not by enough to override it). Okay, it's not a huge lead, but at least he flies for where it matters and can probably double a few of the Generals, even if he doesn't reach 30 to double the majority of them. Granted Titania has potential wyrmslayer access for helping to get rid of dragons in the way of the people rushing to 1-turn the boss, if she can get there.

This is like me saying "apples are nice" and you saying "oh yeah! well, apples are nice! ha! what do you think of them apples?"

Me: Well, um, I already said they were nice, so, um, they are nice?

Look, he won't double all of them, but at least he can fly with 9 move and double the bishops (something Jill(oops, meant to be Titania) can't do, and trust me you want them dead), he can get 10 starting Generals since they have 25 AS (29 spd isn't all that hard to reach considering what Haar is capable of doing to 4-P and 4-3). And you get more 25 AS guys appearing at the end of turns 1, 3, and 4. Granted, if you can 2 or 3 turn you'll only ever see the Brave Axe guy. That's still 11 Generals that he can double and you just said he can ORKO them with Urvan so that means you can kill some generals 100% without using Hammer on them, allowing more Hammer on the others. You know Jill probably won't have the strength to ORKO with Urvan and you know she'll double all of them so yay. (this one actually is Jill)

And your point about the Dragon King only hurts Titania, not helps her.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

3-12

Preparations menu

BEXP'd Jill and Edward to the 90s.

- Jill got Resolve.

- Eddie got Paragon.

- Increased Edward x Volug to a B support rank.

I also bought a Storm sword at the Shop for Edward to attack from ledges.

Jill bought two Silver poleaxes. With those, she'll be able to 1RKO just about anything.

Then for Zihark, I bought him a Killing edge and a Silver blade, just in case...

<Begin>

Most of this chapter was basically a Jill solo. It was her training grounds, as I did found her pretty underleveled. I sent Edward to stay at the ledges and attack from above along with Tauroneo. And the NPCs just sorrounded Micaiah, because they are most likely to hinder than help. Jill head down to where a little group of Halberdiers were, and she could easily take a few hits, get to Resolve level, and become nearly invincible, thanks to the crazy dodge afforded by Resolve. And Resolve also helped her possible Hit issues. She killed most of the enemies. And the NPCs only did something by the end of the chapter, where I might've need them to clear those annoying peggies.

Micaiah    3.14 20  7  15  14  11   17  7  14   
Edward    12.11 40 24   2  30  27   21 16   9    B Volug
Volug     16.12 50 11   2  12  14   14  9   5    B Edward
Jill      12.38 46 27   5  24  25   27 25  12

5 turns.

3-13

Preparations menu

- Resolve for Eddie again.

- Paragon for Jill.

Bought some things I would be needing at the Shop. And a Steel poleaxe for Jill.

I BEXP'd Edward (Spd/Luck/Def) & Jill (HP/Str/Luck). And after that... I Crown'd them...

They grow up so fast. :,D

<Begin>

The strategy here was to have Edward single-handedly take on Ike. Jill assisted by clearing forces in Edward's way. Of course, Edward just had to get hit sooner or later...he got hit twice. Once by a Cat, and the second time by a Tiger, reducing him to Wrath/Resolve activation. Once Edward's path was cleared by Jill, he went up to Ike and beasted his way onto him. Ike couldn't stay there like a statue of course, so he defended himself, but missed(!), then Edward landed the final blow on him.

Edward     1.59 44 26   6  32  30   22 19  13    B Volug
Jill       2.04 52 32  10  26  28   28 29  16

3 turns.

Edited by Flint Eastwood

• 2 weeks later...

3-E

Preparations menu

BEXP'd Ike (Mag/Luck/Res).

- Ike got Savior.

- Boyd got Adept.

- Shinon got Imbue.

Oh yeah, I also forged tons of hand axes (Max Mt/+10 Hit), because now, I actually know what would be awaiting me if I lacked 2-range during Part 4. Urgh.

<Begin>

This chapter is so simple...

I just sent Boyd in the middle of everything, and I was like "WHERE DID ALL THE ENEMIES GO?". I shall remind you guys he was equipped with forged hand axes. Shinon could only get like, three kills, which happened to be enemies that were to wimpy to move out of there place because they were smart enough to realize they couldn't do anything against Boyd. Although I didn't go as far as to go to Eddie's range...we know what he did last summer chapter. And Mia, assisted by Skrimir's feline army killed most of the enemies up to the North of the map. Haar assisted the Hawks to the Southern-East, taking on a few Sages and Paladins. We got at least 15 kills turn. 20 in the first.

Ike       1.00  54 29   7   32  32  21 28  18    C GAAR
Shinon    3.80  50 29  14   32  30  22 28  20    A Boyd
Boyd      6.70  59 35   9   32  33  20 27  15    A Shinon
Mia       1.90  44 26   9   32  32  21 21  14    C Titania
GAAR      5.14  56 32   7  30  30   21 31  15    C Ike   

6 turns.

Edited by Flint Eastwood