Fire Emblem 4 - Shin Patch

Shin

120 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult is it right now?

2. 2. Which new mugs need further work?

Hello, I see the problem. Currently Fin's love base is 150+4 with Ayra, meaning that after roughly 90 turns they'll pair up. Since they've got chapters 1 and 2 together, it's entirely possible they'll fall in love by sitting next to each other if you take too long. However, to let people play at the speed they want, I'll tweak the numbers so it doesn't happen by accident.

Here's my current to do list;

Finish chapter 10's map

Fix the Voltz problem

Rebalance Slim Sword

Sort out love growths and the jazz

Include sword skills in inheritance.

Make the paladins stink less

Start on final's map/enemies

Edit: Woo, I guess I'm not as lazy as I thought! The Voltz problem arose because the Forrest Knight movement type was set wrong :P.

Also;

8c7a3ae565544870c81653afbc973fcd.png?1364675547

Edited by Shin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Chapter 2 in particular is pretty easy to unintentionally take the full 50 turns on if you arent aiming for speed (ZAINE /shakefist), and Voltz' forest tour didnt help, but glad it was an easy fix. 150 + 4 does seem kinda high though, Fin needs 88 turns without being next to her, while Holyn needs 58 next to her, youd need to finish chapter 1 within 29 turns for Holyn to win.

Also, have love points always accrued even with one in the castle? Im certain Fin was only out of the castle the for two turns or so to get the hero lance

Edited by The Black Pot

Yeah, Chapter 2 in particular is pretty easy to unintentionally take the full 50 turns on if you arent aiming for speed (ZAINE /shakefist), and Voltz' forest tour didnt help, but glad it was an easy fix. 150 + 4 does seem kinda high though, Fin needs 88 turns without being next to her, while Holyn needs 58 next to her, youd need to finish chapter 1 within 29 turns for Holyn to win.

Also, have love points always accrued even with one in the castle? Im certain Fin was only out of the castle the for two turns or so to get the hero lance

Love points build up as long as 2 characters are on the map, even in the castle. However, two units in the castle won't get the extra 5 adjacency points. For Fin and Ayra, I've gone for a more reasonable 200+2. That means you'll have to spend 150 turns with them apart. Which is impossible :P. However, if you really tried you could hook them up in 43.

Ah, I had always interpreted it as meaning they have to actually be on the map and not in the castle to count it. NEVER MIND.

And manomanoman, sword skills are gonna be sweeeeet. Im going to need to start over once that comes out

Edited by The Black Pot

If you're still in gen 1, it should be fine. Your kids will still get any sword skills their parents have.

I wish you guys stopped guilt tripping me into releasing... I should try that with Horace and Pokeshin. Link is in the OP, description coming shortly.

If you're still in gen 1, it should be fine. Your kids will still get any sword skills their parents have.

I had a free night last night and got everyone paired up :l Totally didn't expect a big change like sword skills. Only Holyn is passing down his skill with my pairings. But not like the game is hurting in replay value anyway

Edited by The Black Pot

Slim Swords are bugged in the latest version; they have a ridiculous amount of maximum uses, such that repairing a 37-use Slim Sword would cost 63436 gold. Not a major glitch, but it is annoying that it eats up all your money to repair it. The glitch was introduced in 1.9, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, this is a very fun hack all around!. I just restarted my game after finishing Chapter 8 to take advantage of the new 1.9 content. Chapter 8 was toughest at the start when you had to juggle defending against all the powerful enemies coming your way, saving the villages and recruiting Faval; but it lost momentum after that. Blume and his guards weren't much more than a speed bump, and the dragon knights had pitiful accuracy against my frontliners, especially when they moved into the mountains.

Slim Swords are bugged in the latest version; they have a ridiculous amount of maximum uses, such that repairing a 37-use Slim Sword would cost 63436 gold. Not a major glitch, but it is annoying that it eats up all your money to repair it. The glitch was introduced in 1.9, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, this is a very fun hack all around!. I just restarted my game after finishing Chapter 8 to take advantage of the new 1.9 content. Chapter 8 was toughest at the start when you had to juggle defending against all the powerful enemies coming your way, saving the villages and recruiting Faval; but it lost momentum after that. Blume and his guards weren't much more than a speed bump, and the dragon knights had pitiful accuracy against my frontliners, especially when they moved into the mountains.

Yo, the Slim Sword had its uses reduced, if it's repaired whilst over that it'll go crazy. I'll look into chapter 8, I'm sure I can think of something nasty.

Whoops, didn't even consider that.

I think a problem with the end of Chapter 8 is that your characters are starting to promote and cap stats, while the dragon riders' stats aren't particularly good. So there's not much they can do against somebody like Aira with five skills and ~30 speed sitting on a mountain. Though, I'm not sure how you could remedy that short of something like giving them 150 hit lances or something.

Well, the growths thing is inevitable. Even if two parents have a growth of 30%, their kids end up with 45%. You only need 15 stat points to cap in FE4, so most kids will be capping stats by 30. Kids with growths in the 60's or 70's will probably be capping around promotion. I could be mean and change the level cap, but I'm sure buffing some of the dragons will help out better.

Why are Ethlin's growths so horrendous? Seriously, I'm lucky if she even gets HP. I know Gen 1 characters are supposed to have bad growths but it's odd when getting 3 stats is a miracle.

I know I'm playing an outdated version, but is soldier skills overriding citizen skills intentional? I paired Lachesis with Lex, seeing that Lachesis had innate pursuit, but it got changed to soldier pursuit when she promoted, so Delmud doesn't have it.

6 speed Celice is win

Edited by Constable Reggie

I know I'm playing an outdated version, but is soldier skills overriding citizen skills intentional? I paired Lachesis with Lex, seeing that Lachesis had innate pursuit, but it got changed to soldier pursuit when she promoted, so Delmud doesn't have it.

6 speed Celice is win

Lachesis' Princess pursuit is a class skill, as it is for Master Knight. This means that unless her partner has pursuit as a citizen skill, Delmud and Nanna won't have it.

Well this is about the strangest glitch ever.

I'm playing Chapter 2 and had Cuan attempt to finish one of the enemy Shamans with his Javelin and he misses. Except after the Shaman dodges it the game freaks out, graphically goes berserk for a second, and freezes.

Well this is about the strangest glitch ever.

I'm playing Chapter 2 and had Cuan attempt to finish one of the enemy Shamans with his Javelin and he misses. Except after the Shaman dodges it the game freaks out, graphically goes berserk for a second, and freezes.

Could you post the save? I'll look into it, maybe I messed up with some of the animation references.

• 3 weeks later...

I really need to l2r

i have been messing around with the settings on SNESoid for about two weeks now trying to get this patch to work. No avail obviously.

I really wish there was a version of ZSNES for the Android. Its what I play all of my roms on. I have an Xperia Play, so its pretty awesome, outside of not being able to enjoy Shin's Patch.

Im just now recruiting Briggid though and i can honestly say that some of my gripes you seem to address in your changes to this game.

im going to have to cave in and play with a keyboard when i finish my run through of FE4, the only REAL complaint I have is how long it takes to actually clash forces. Certain things like "get the bargain ring" are just never going to work out for me it seems and i keep thinking Sigurd is my jeigan practically but I cant stop using him.

Too many non stat level ups, i get at least 3 of those per map I think.

Other than that im digging everything else

I really need to l2r

i have been messing around with the settings on SNESoid for about two weeks now trying to get this patch to work. No avail obviously.

I really wish there was a version of ZSNES for the Android. Its what I play all of my roms on. I have an Xperia Play, so its pretty awesome, outside of not being able to enjoy Shin's Patch.

Im just now recruiting Briggid though and i can honestly say that some of my gripes you seem to address in your changes to this game.

im going to have to cave in and play with a keyboard when i finish my run through of FE4, the only REAL complaint I have is how long it takes to actually clash forces. Certain things like "get the bargain ring" are just never going to work out for me it seems and i keep thinking Sigurd is my jeigan practically but I cant stop using him.

Too many non stat level ups, i get at least 3 of those per map I think.

Other than that im digging everything else

IIRC that usually happens in a clean version of Genealogy. It still takes a bit for the confrontation of armies and there are a couple of bad growths but you gotta keep in mind that both parent's stats go into their children's and the somewhat meh growths were bad to somewhat balance that out. despite children can get broken stats with the right pairings lol

And everybody uses Sigurd so that they can get the best base stats for his kid.

With the being able to pass down sword skills does that mean the character can use them even if they can't use swords? Like your Lana example had her have a sword skill yet she doesn't use sword (she might in yours I don't recall) so will the sword skill activate for her magic instead?