Fire Emblem Periodic Table

Randoman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35: Br - *Brendan Reed* (4chan), Brom (Acacia Sgt), Briggid (Lightning), Berserker (JB25)

I think Briggid should override Brendan Reed. Brendan isn't really important at all in FE7 - he tells Nino who her real parents are and get backstabbed, and thats about it. Briggid on the other hand is one of the few first Gen crusaders of FE4, plays a key role in FE5 and has a few plot scenes related to her rather than one on a gaiden chapter.

I agree with you on the importance issue (especially considering that she's in two games). However, there are much more Jugdral elements on the "likely to be chosen elements list" than Elibe elements, so I'm sticking with Brendan Reed for now for the sake of fair representation of the different FEs.

76: Os - Ostia? Far more plot relevant than Oswin even though you've ##ed it.

Oooh. That's a good one. It's just that no one suggested it until now. I'll add it and prioritize it.

I guess it's okay if I double post, seeing how this is a project thread.

Anyways, I've updated the table on the first post with a few more pictures.

I'll probably need quite a bit of help with the tiles, especially since I'm unfamiliar with the elements from FE 5, 9, 10, and some of 4. And of course, I'm still open to element suggestions and changing element priority, so long as it follows the rules (from an FE that's underrepresented on table, suggested element is more important than current one, etc.)

[spoiler=Minor Tellius thing, I guess?]

I just realised we have both Bertram at Be and Renning at Re. Should we change Be to Beowulf, or Begnion, or ... well, with a combination like Be or Re you're spoiled for choice, really.

Honestly, I would take people over places or things if possible. That's why Oswin -> Ostia every single time.

Edited by 4chan

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I would take people over places or things if possible. That's why Oswin -> Ostia every single time.

Hmm... you got a point there. Very few Fire Emblem fans would be able to identify an FE continent if we just give them a picture of it. Yet, regardless of a character's importance, if they're playable and if you show their face to someone who has played that FE, they'll know who it is right away. Hmm, what to do... What do you all think we should do regarding that issue?

Though I still think my "lords get ultimate priority" rule should still stand, since they pretty much represent their corresponding FE.

[spoiler=Minor Tellius thing, I guess?]

I just realised we have both Bertram at Be and Renning at Re. Should we change Be to Beowulf, or Begnion, or ... well, with a combination like Be or Re you're spoiled for choice, really.

Wait, so you mean it's the Camus/Zeke/Sirius or Briggid/Eyvel situation? I didn't know since I'm not familar with the Tellius series. And if it is, which one is the real name and which one is the alter ego? I want to stick with original names as much as possible when it comes to situations like that.

Wait, so you mean it's the Camus/Zeke/Sirius or Briggid/Eyvel situation? I didn't know since I'm not familar with the Tellius series. And if it is, which one is the real name and which one is the alter ego? I want to stick with original names as much as possible when it comes to situations like that.

*Spoiler*

Bertram is Renning, twisted and warped into a bloodthirsty 'demon' by Izuka's potion.

Renning is the true person/personality.

*Spoiler*

Bertram is Renning, twisted and warped into a bloodthirsty 'demon' by Izuka's potion.

Renning is the true person/personality.

So analogy wise, is it more like Lyon/Fomortiis where they're two entities in the same body, or is it more like Hardin/"Corrupted-by-Darksphere Hardin" where they're the exact same being, but one is really corrupted? From what I'm understanding, it's the latter. The former example, I'd allow for two element slots, while for the latter, I wouldn't.

So analogy wise, is it more like Lyon/Fomortiis where they're two entities in the same body, or is it more like Hardin/"Corrupted-by-Darksphere Hardin" where they're the exact same being, but one is really corrupted? From what I'm understanding, it's the latter. The former example, I'd allow for two element slots, while for the latter, I wouldn't.

More the second one. Except replace 'Dark Sphere' by 'Evil Scientist's potion'.

Hmm... you got a point there. Very few Fire Emblem fans would be able to identify an FE continent if we just give them a picture of it. Yet, regardless of a character's importance, if they're playable and if you show their face to someone who has played that FE, they'll know who it is right away. Hmm, what to do... What do you all think we should do regarding that issue?

I think priority should go like this:

People

Weapons

Classes

Places

It's a lot easier to identify a person like Oswin than Ostia. Or Cliff over the Clipper from FE4. You know what I mean?

Also, Rifis > Rudolf for Rf. Needs more FE5.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

I think priority should go like this:

People

Weapons

Classes

Places

It's a lot easier to identify a person like Oswin than Ostia. Or Cliff over the Clipper from FE4. You know what I mean?

Also, Rifis > Rudolf for Rf. Needs more FE5.

I suppose so. But at the same time, classes are quite good when it comes to representing multiple FEs, so I suppose I'll see what everyone else thinks first. But what I personally think, is it should be Legendary weapons, classes, then regular weapons from more importance to less importance.

As for replacing Rudolf with Rifis, that'd be like replacing Hardin, Gharnef, or Nergal on the element list (seeing how Rudolf is the main human villain in Fire Emblem Gaiden, and he's the one who started the war across Valencia). I didn't know that FE5 was underrepresented, so I'll keep in mind that it should be prioritized if we get other FE5 element suggestions that don't replace major elements.

How 'bout putting an emphasis on unique classes (like Xane's Freelancer class. . .unless he wasn't the only one. . .)?

I know Bards do different things, depending on the game, and I'm positive Magvel's the only home of Summoners and the Trainees.

Well, FE5-wise, I saw 3 references (4 if you want to get technical).

Robert

Galzus (losing out to Gharnef in Ga which I feel is unacceptable when you could the stupidly high number of FE3 Book 1 & 2 references)

Pugi Axe

Thracia (and you can make a valid argument that this is suited more towards FE4 since you actually fight in both Northern and Southern Thracia)

4 references. Max. Stuff like Yurius and Manfloy don't count and Brigid is obviously going to be taken over Eyvel.

Well, FE5-wise, I saw 3 references (4 if you want to get technical).

Robert

Galzus (losing out to Gharnef in Ga which I feel is unacceptable when you could the stupidly high number of FE3 Book 1 & 2 references)

Pugi Axe

Thracia (and you can make a valid argument that this is suited more towards FE4 since you actually fight in both Northern and Southern Thracia)

4 references. Max. Stuff like Yurius and Manfloy don't count and Brigid is obviously going to be taken over Eyvel.

I thought FE2 would be the least represented and FE5 have the most from the japanese ones. I agree with you, although you forgot 36: Kr - Karin, and items like Holsety/Falaflame could have the Thracia animation behind the icon (not that they changed much) while characters in both use their Thracia art.

There's the option of replacing objects/minor characters with playable FE5 characters

27: Co - Conomool/Conomore or Carrion (over Cormag)

35: Br - Brighton (over Brendan "Decorative" Read, who only exists to be seduced by Sonia's cleavage and does nothing in-game)

59: Pr - Pirn(Pahn) (over Priscilla)

95: Am - Amalda (over Armourslayer)

Also Nils and Ninian could share 28. Ni since Nidhogg is already marked for 60: Nd; if not then Nihil (Awareness), with the FE4/5 symbol.

I know Bards do different things, depending on the game, and I'm positive Magvel's the only home of Summoners and the Trainees.

FE2 has trainees, Villagers.

Alright, I've added, changed priority, and fixed up quite a few of the elements (I'm suprised how many doubles I was using like Nergal and Nidhogg).

I thought FE2 would be the least represented and FE5 have the most from the japanese ones.

That's what I was thinking as well. That's why I made quite a lot of Fire Emblem Gaiden elements, since I anticipated that it would be the FE with the least representation if I didn't suggest a lot of elements of my own.

Though the main reason that FE5 isn't getting much representation when it comes to elements, is because it's mostly pooled with FE4. You could also argue that FE11 and 12 aren't getting much representation as well, when it comes to new elements that weren't in FE1 and 3 (so I'm going to be prioritizing DS FE elements that weren't in their original games, like Horace, Katarina, etc., though I'll probably give them only two to four elements, since they're mostly remakes and not completely new games like FE5.).

How 'bout putting an emphasis on unique classes (like Xane's Freelancer class. . .unless he wasn't the only one. . .)?

Seems like a good idea. I guess people can suggest unique classes and we'll see if it's okay if that class overrides the element that used to be there.

Also Nils and Ninian could share 28. Ni since Nidhogg is already marked for 60: Nd; if not then Nihil (Awareness), with the FE4/5 symbol.

So what does everyone think on combining Ninian and Nils? Though I prefer to have only one element per, well, element, Ninian and Nils makes sense to pair up.