Who's your favorite antagonist?

Darros

I wouldn't put Baelheit up there. There are better antagonists from the very same game, I'd say.

Like who? Valara/Nasca/Heughes all deserve good beatings thanks to their stupid Machina Arma but once you destroy the MA, they're all weaklings. Wiseman is amazing but I consider him more of a God that needs a pummeling than an antagonist. Verus pisses me off a ton and doesn't deserve the spot (even though he calls Gena a whore). So who would you put up there as "your favourite antagonist" from BKO?

Edited by Sue Sylvester

I rather liked Wiseman but I can see how he's hard to count. I actually was thinking Shanath who you didn't mention, he's a real asshole for the whole game and killing him was immensely satisfying. Far moreso than the machina vanguard or Verus/Baelheit.

I feel a villain has succeeded in their characterization when beating them makes you feel good.

Edited by Silvercrow

I rather liked Wiseman but I can see how he's hard to count. I actually was thinking Shanath who you didn't mention, he's a real asshole for the whole game and killing him was immensely satisfying. Far moreso than the machina vanguard or Verus/Baelheit.

I feel a villain has succeeded in their characterization when beating them makes you feel good.

Actually, that's a good point. Except that I felt bad for Shanath when I realized that Savyna was his kid. Like I'm the reason that she's so fucked up.

I don't feel like that detracts from his status as a villain at all, really. If anything it made him a bit more interesting. He was definitely the best written villain in that game and was a less static character than most.

...plus Savyna was probably pretty fucked up before that. I mean she followed him around while he talked about assassinating people. That's pretty weird.

You should play the second game. It's a lot better all-around, imo.

The minute I find a physical copy, I'm buying it. I got damn lucky with the original, so here's hoping I can find this one!

Oh snap! I forgot Krelian from Xenogears! This guy is weird. Hes a twisted son of a bitch too! <3 Krelian!

I like Grahf from Xenogears. He has awesome theme music, a really cool face and he's pretty interesting too.

Meanwhile Kahr Ramsus is one of the weirdest mixes of cool and lame I've ever seen in a game villain.