Newb needs help

Healing gives about 11 Exp per use of Heal, aka 10 heals means 1 level. Though, considering the level your Merric's at, he's better off killing people since he's so underleveled he'll gain more exp than he would by healing.

I got Merric at lvl 7-8 now

btw I got an Arms Scroll and a Boot.

I am thinking of giving the Boot to Wolf (General) so I can move more with him and also giving him (or is it a her?) the Arms Scroll so I can raise her BOW rank, but does t he game raise the level of weapon randomly based on what weapons Wolf can use, or does it increase the rank of the weapon type that Wolf has equipped?

and I finished Ch.12 and got Tomas, Macellan, Dolph, Boah, and Midia, I know I need Midia to recruit Astram but after that I can just kill em right?

But you see if I put those to die in a map..that means that I would have 5 troops less to defeat the enemy - even though I barely need all 11-14 guys per chapter to win a map ( I usually need my 3 cavaliers, Marth, my healer and Wolf and Sedgar

The following I got from GameFaq FAQs

- Give 2 Master Seals to your favourite chars and promote them.

(Merric and Barst are recommended)"

Give the Boots to Minerva.

So is that strategy above me solid? but my Merric is lvl 7 and Barst probably 10-11

Edited by Rody

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I finished Ch.12 and got Tomas, Macellan, Dolph, Boah, and Midia, I know I need Midia to recruit Astram but after that I can just kill em right?

They aren't even worth saving. Let them die or rot on your deployment list.

Everyone after Minerva(except a select few, like Xane) are pretty much garbage or can't compete with your current units.

Dolph can turn out quite decent, but at this stage Wolf or Sedgar is likely better. Macellan, Tomas, Boah and Midia are all utter trash though. Don't early promote Merric or Barst, but make sure you don't miss either orb in Ch. 19. You'll need them to make a tome from Ch. 22, which is needed to get Marth's best sword.

Well, don't worry about promoting past level 15. Your units probably won't reach 20/20, anyways, and the EXP gain formula counts promoted units level as the displayed level+15. So a level one promoted unit gets more EXP than a level 17 unpromoted one.

Stop trashing the Green Skittle, you meanies!

The only times you'd use those prisoners are if you're in a draft tournament, or you're as insane as I am (I will assume you're not the latter).

You don't need to use your items the minute you get them. Hang on to those Seals, because Merric and Barst are way too underleveled to use them properly.

Wolf is a he, and a very sexy one.

Formatting complaint; would you kindly stop capitalising random words, like BOW or GENERAL or Steve is a WARRIOR? It's really damn annoying.

And you'd better follow this advice, I think I almost had a seizure posting it.

Edited by Furetchen

Well, Dolph's a good unit if you have room for him, or if you are STILL lacking a tank unit. But honestly, I only used him once, since the other 12 times, by the time I got to C12, Draug was already either a Lv20 Knight or a ~Lv4 General, and I'd rather use my Lv20 Knight(who had 31HP/20Def at that level) than a Lv4 one that I found in prison.

As for the others. Never used them. From I can tell you, Mac is basically Dolph with worse growths, Tomas is only slightly better than Gaggles and worse than Corn Queen, Midia and Boah are crappy prepromotes(with the latter being one of the top three worst overall units in the game, along with Jagen and Bantu).

I'd recommend keeping Midia for recruiting Astram, then benching all six and not taking a second glance. But if you have room, feel free to use Dolph.

My Tank is Wolf, and I guess I will use Midia this chapter to recruit the Ashtray dude, erm Astram dude, then I will kill em all.

Thank you for the advice once again guys, hopefully I am set to finish my game without bugging you guys

Edited by Rody