I want to play Thracia!

RNG Princess

Should I play Thracia before FE4Gen2?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I play Thracia before FE4Gen2?

• YES!
    • NO!

How does supports works in this game? Also I'm on chapter 1 I'm feeding most experience to Halvan, Leaf, Othin, and Tanya while ignoring Evayle and Fin.

Keep in mind Fin's good for capturing and you're going to want to capture as much as you can because you start off with no gold at all. You don't get any free gold in this game either.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yes i've been using Fin to capture only ^_^ but he's not getting many kills although i doubt there is a difference. Oh my Marty is actually useful i use him to weaken things for Tania or Leaf (mainly Leaf) and the brave axe suggestion fits perfectly. I can see why he's not the worst character. I stole a bunch of iron axes, bows, hand axes, and vulenaries ^_^. I have one vulenary for everyone now, except I had to restart chapter 2 because I made the mistake of having Leaf attack the boss for chapter 2 and poor Leaf was killed.

I'm giving boss kills to anyone but especially Halvan, Othin, or Leaf.

Keep in mind Fin's good for capturing and you're going to want to capture as much as you can because you start off with no gold at all. You don't get any free gold in this game either.

Especially with the Brave Lance. Having little gold isn't too much of an issue, the shops cost too much any way. It's nice to have a good supply of stolen weapons though - Othin and Havan can get by on Iron and Steel axes for a good portion of the game - it's good to get them early.

Don't be afraid to use Evayl a little. Admittedly, she's a horrible character but she saves a lot of effort against the early game bosses.

Personally I prefer Almada for her staff rank and being easy to turn into a magic sword user for a combination that makes a certain final chapter boss easier to deal with (Elf). If you get the Elite Sword, you can leave 1 use of it on her so she gets double EXP when using Staves for fast leveling. I recommend leaving an Elite Sword use to do the same for Nanna if you're using her.

I like giving it to Lara for dancing. I know, she's going to be terrible regardless at actual combat. I don't care though. I like 20 exp dancing.

Usually, the Elite sword is given to a low-level sword user(ex. Carrion and Mareeta). However, you can equip it on utility units for them to get more EXP like equiping it before Pahn steals something.

I like giving it to Lara for dancing. I know, she's going to be terrible regardless at actual combat. I don't care though. I like 20 exp dancing.

You're probably having fun with the sword, weren't you? :lol:

I tend to give the Elite Sword mostly to utility units. First Rivis and Nanna, then Lara until I get Amalda later on. Pahn also does very well with it, and he also becomes a bit harder to kill as well, though he's also an amazing fighter.

I'm having trouble with 2x :sweatdrop: its really hard! Also how do I recruit Shiva? I mean like not kill him but still have him recruitable? Or is he still recruitable if he's killed?

and oh my gosh tier lists are made for a reason ^_^ Ronan does suck! (I still like him as a character)

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I'm having trouble with 2x :sweatdrop: its really hard! Also how do I recruit Shiva? I mean like not kill him but still have him recruitable? Or is he still recruitable if he's killed

He has to be alive, he can't be captured+released either. Although you can capture him for his Killing Edge if possible as long as you don't release him.

I'm having trouble with 2x :sweatdrop: its really hard! Also how do I recruit Shiva? I mean like not kill him but still have him recruitable? Or is he still recruitable if he's killed?

Look for a fort on the south side of the map, it has a torch you can use to light up the map. You could see it here if you wish: http://fireemblemwod.net/fe5/guia/cap2x.htm

Red spots are reinforcements.

To recruit Shiva, just let him live in this chapter and then talk to him with Saphy in chapter 7.

I captured both lifis and shiva and took Shivas weapons off.

btw Tania, Halvan, and Othin are already above their fatigueness :o.

When I get Elite M is it good on Lara or better on someone else?

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Ronan's...not...terrible at the start!

I just had Dagda and Eyvel lead their respective ways in 2x. Eyvel went the wrong way, but avoided being killed. I didn't even capture a torch, although I should've. Dunno about Shiva.

...I got ninja'd by two hours.

Edited by Furetchen

He's ok I like his movement stars which is rather helpful so far. I like Tania a little more though she lands several crits and often too but its thanks to Othins support?.

I'm using Ronan so he can weaken things for others to capture.

I started ch. 3 and many of my units are loaded with items ^_^ I'm going to do a selling spree.

So far my favorites

1: Tania, 2: Halvan , 3: Ronan

but I like everyones personality, Marty doesn't say much though. Evayle's motherly needs won me over.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

IMO You can give the elite manual to whoever you favor Lara isn't really a good choice for it since her stats aren't really going to be good and base stat Lara as a dancer can still dodge attacks well.

[spoiler=Possible candidates for elite manual IMO (If you don't mind spoilers)]

You could give it to Robert who is a lvl 1 bow knight that joins way later. (Since you like bow knights and such)

Karin would probably benefit from it (I haven't really tried it) but you will have a promoted flier earlier.

Mareeta who joins late but has high PC (5) which means she is bound to almost always crit though she's rather fragile until she promotes.

Marty if you are planning to use him with odo, sety scroll (talk to Sety with Karin in Chapter 4x), wrath manual, and speed ring so he can level faster and get those good promotion gains.

Eda (I think you like fliers too right?) You could use her but she joins late and is fragile against almost all the enemies in her joining chapter and will barely dent stuff.

Asvel who becomes a great boss killer with his personal tome (Graphcalibur) though this one is up to you since he's still fine without the elite manual.

Machua She's pretty good and also have ambush, if you like sword users you could level her faster with elite, and also she promotes to a female hero instead of sm.

I could list more but those are some.

Misha She's a promoted pegasus with great growths but she joins way late (Chapter 17A) and you have to talk to her with Karin first, sleep her, and capture and hold her till the map is done.

And about the fatigue it doesn't come into effect until you get to chapter 8 so feel free to use who ever you want till chapter 8 without consequence.

I like Tania a little more though she lands several crits and often too but its thanks to Othins support?.

I started ch. 3 and many of my units are loaded with items ^_^ I'm going to do a selling spree.

Yes she's getting support bonus from Othin.

IMO you should keep all the weapons and items you get and only sell the broken weapons.

Edited by Generic Officer

oh thats sooo cool it makes playing so much more comfy ^_^ btw between Conomore and Amalda who is a cooler character? Because I have to pick a route ^^'

and howcome Selphina is considered sucky? Isn't her offense good/decent?

If you're going to pick a route, then Conomore vs Amalda probably won't have much weight to your decision. You see, the route where you get Amalda allows you to recruit a Pegasus Knight. The only other Pegasus after Karin. And since this is your first time, picking that route would also be a better idea for the extra Warp/Rescue/Rewarp staves and an A Staff Priest. The other route gives you what's possibly the worst character in the game instead.

Stuff you should know when playing the game (some of them might have already been mentioned before):

- Always try to capture bosses (if they're not mounted) instead of killing them. Sidequests can open up, and some enemies have to be recruited this way too.

- Capture enemies whenever you have the opportunity. Weapons are freakishly expensive in this game and your thief probably won't be big enough to steal axes and lances.

- On an escape mission, always make sure Leaf is the last one to leave. This is not FE9. Any unit left behind will be left behind. You get a chance to save them on 21x (along with all your captured units) but that's way too late in the game.

- After Ch 8, you should watch your fatigue meters. Once it exceeds the unit's HP, they can't be deployed on the next map, after which the meter will reset to 0. Don't use ALL your powerhouses on the same map or you might have trouble with the next chapter. Try not to get into situations where you'll have to do a chapter without a valuable member. e.g. make Safy and Nanna take turns healing instead of deploying them both at once.

- Staves are your best friend. The most difficult situations can usually be taken care of through proper use of Warp, Rescue, and/or Rewarp. Try to preserve and steal these staves as much as you can.

I'm sure there were more stuff but I can't remember them now.

I should probably list who I plan to use before thinking of who to give resources to ^^.

These are the characters that catch my interest the most:

Tania (I like her character)

Halvan (I like his character)

Ronan (same ^)

Safy/Tina (or both but I like having clerics around)

Nanna (her class mainly)

Machua (she's a cool character and a hero FTW)

Brighton/Hicks/both (I like their class, Hicks looks more interesting though)

Lara (I always use a dancer)

Fergus (he's funny ^^)

Karin (fave)

Dalshin (he just looks so troubled ^^)

Selphina (Fave)

Kein or Alva (they look funny/cute)

Olwen (class)

Salem (Dark mages/shamans are among my favorites)

Glade (Selphina's husband I tend to use couples together a lot lol CallilxDorcas/MicaiahxSothe)

Dean (His character story is soo sad)

Eda (I like her mug)

Linoan (sad story)

Eyrios (class)

Misha (Falco Knight! :))

Sleuf (for the Healer triangle ^_^)

Sara (for Evayle)

Amalda (interesting character)

Conomore (he seems interesting)

Galzus (he looks cool ^^)

I like Marty too but I'm not dealing with him in a long run ^^'. I'll probably use Othin alot too because he's very useful :). I want one at least for every class :3.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

.When I get Elite M is it good on Lara or better on someone else?

The Elite manual is found on Chapter 6, if Bowy escaped in 4X.

The Elite manual is best spent on someone who is underleveled and has good potential(and is not Sara or Homer, since they have innate Elite; don't bother giving it to pure sword units. They can equip Elite swords). Good choices include Linoan, Robert, Eda, and Miranda(not that I recommend using any of those four except Linoan, since the latter three have superior counterparts(Tanya, Dean, and Asvel, respectively)).

I shat a brick when you mentioned Lara. Do you think that a dancer needs Elite? Even as a thief, she's not a good candidate since her stats are a greater joke than FE10 Fiona.

Lara really should be kept away from the action at all costs, being a higher level isn't going to help her too much if her defense doesn't ever rise above 5. I used mine on Linoan, it helped her catch up with everybody else.

A little thing about Ronan, I don't think he has any other lines in the game. Feel free to use him a little, he can cope for the first few chapters.

The Elite manual is found on Chapter 6, if Bowy escaped in 4X.

The Elite manual is best spent on someone who is underleveled and has good potential(and is not Sara or Homer, since they have innate Elite; don't bother giving it to pure sword units. They can equip Elite swords). Good choices include Linoan, Robert, Eda, and Miranda(not that I recommend using any of those four except Linoan, since the latter three have superior counterparts(Tanya, Dean, and Asvel, respectively)).

Actually, if you want a bow user you're just better off sticking to Selphina because at the very least she starts with a B in bows whereas all your other bow users have awful bow EXP. You might as well call the Brave Bow she gets her prf weapon. And she even has Charge, although it's highly unlikely to proc due to her low HP and most likely won't proc when she equips Brave Bow due to massive AS loss but it's still there.

Actually, if you want a bow user you're just better off sticking to Selphina because at the very least she starts with a B in bows whereas all your other bow users have awful bow EXP. You might as well call the Brave Bow she gets her prf weapon. And she even has Charge, although it's highly unlikely to proc due to her low HP and most likely won't proc when she equips Brave Bow due to massive AS loss but it's still there.

I'd peg Xavier as a better Brave Bow user, as he has the pwnsome wrath, big shield AND charge with him, ready to kick ass.

Wrath isn't very thrilling when you're using bows. And I've always hated charge on Xavier because it essentially allows long range magic to double him. >_>

Edited by Musashi

I love it how I have to ferry the kids to their houses in chapter 3! This game is sooo interesting! ^_^ Oh I wish they'd make a game like this for the wii! As much as I love RD the future game needs to implement some of Thracia's style!

Othin is sooo useful even with a broken axe ^^' he's sooo broken. Tania, Safy, and Othin trade the Hezul scroll around alot with each other. Halvan, Marty, and Fin are protecting the houses from bandits. Leaf and Ronan are ferrying the kids. The rest are playing defense or stealing/healing. Evayle + killer sword captured that thiefly sage in time.

BTW who should I give the angelic robe to? I'm puting items in the convoy, do they all disappear if I leave them on characters after this chapter?

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Some characters are designed to be extremely powerful. Othin here has 3 PCC (critical gets multiplied by 3 upon Pursuit), and Wrath (best skill imo). And he has an awesome * ranked weapon in Pugi Axe. There are other characters like Asvel and Marietta, who are ridiculously overpowered thanks to their stat growths, *-ranked weapons, PCC, and/or skills.

Also, I second Xavier as the Brave Bow user. Wrath+Great Shield+Charge beats anything that Robert and Tanya have to offer. And his Charge actually helps deplete ballistae ammo, as opposed to Selphina's Charge that instantly kills her whenever she comes into ballista range.

I'm saving Pugi uses ^_^ i let othin use hand axe/iron axe so he could weaken things but he usually lands criticals. So recently I've been using him for capturing enemies instead ^_^ might as well earn some gold before it gets too hard. Marty is sooo useful in different ways, him never doubling and dealing decent damage is exp heaven for my weakly Leaf. All these early axemen are very useful in different ways.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

BTW who should I give the angelic robe to? I'm puting items in the convoy, do they all disappear if I leave them on characters after this chapter?

IMO give it to Leaf, or maybe Rivis. You should get another one very soon as well. usually I keep that one until I get Parn.

The items stay on their users, except for Leaf and Rivis (these are the items in the chapter 4 chests, plus at least an Iron Sword and a Javelin) while Eyvel should send all her stuff to the convoy, which is the house in the upper right of chapter 3.

Items you'd want to keep are the Light Sword, the Killer Sword, the Fire Sword, the Hero Axe, an Iron Sword or two, a Vulnerary and maybe an Iron Axe. Along that, the lockpick, maybe the chest key and both scrolls and you should do alright. Put all of them on Rivis and Leaf before you finish chapter 3.

Edited by Gengar

I'm saving Pugi uses ^_^

I remember nearly breaking the Light Sword by chapter 8 in my first aborted playthrough. Second playthrough it still exists in the Xavier chapter that I've been delaying doing for like a year.