Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 21: In Destruction's Wake

Phoenix

Vera:

"Well, any plan is a good plan. I'm afraid I'm not caught up to the minute on current military orders, but we had certain things planned along the border just in case something such as this should happen. I think there may have been one or two higher ranking officers planning something, but otherwise we were supposed to appear hostile with the hope Jace would attack. It appears we may have played our part a bit too well."

-------

Pary:

"Maybe. Though Jace may try to finish what he's started. I think we should try to find our best path of egress soon. Directus could very well hand the whole lot of us over as a gesture to their new ruler. I suppose Halton or maybe Elysimia could be the best places right now, though if Jace has cut down a whole country in half a day, I'm a bit worried that anywhere could be safe. Not to mention all the demons."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Searching For Fliers

After they flew away from the group, Levski began darting his head every which way in an effort to not miss anything. Krinkov too kept an eye out, but wasn't sure what he was supposed to be looking for. His master hadn't given him so much as a scent to follow. That alone was bugging him. Was his master testing him or something? He didn't like the thought of that. Better to just give him tools to work with and find whoever they were looking for. That was when he finally realized that there were two missing wyverns. So it was them. Of course. His master wasn't stupid at all. Krinkov already had the scents he was looking for and his master surely knew this. He merely needed to track them ... in the rain. Curses.

Lev: Krin, slow down so I can see easier. You can't rush the eyes.

His master was complaining again. It was his own fault for making them search in the rain, whatever he was complaining about. Down by a hillside, large wing flaps sounded repeatedly and came closer just as Krinkov flew over the heads of Tas and Tristan. No large movements in the rain or scents made Krinkov miss them entirely. His speed wasn't helping the situation either.

Plans

Viveka: I disagree. I've seen plenty of well intended plans only make a matter worse.

Conrad grinned a bit. He could tell Viveka was going to get along with his niece just fine. Not wanting to let that be the subject of the conversation though, he quickly went on to the real matters.

Conrad: Jace is taking that very seriously, however, it is also a very good opportunity to rise in power. Whatever his ultimate reasons were, he's gained a lot today. I would be nice to know what's going on on their side of things.

Viveka: (Okay, yes it would be nice to know, but please be careful, General. We can only get so close to this tornado without getting sucked up into it. Sticking our necks out for a closer look is a common thing for us, but this could cost us everything if we mess up and get dragged into the fighting. I can already feel it, those bastards in Ilyphina just waiting for something they can beat the Marshall over the head with to get us ousted.)

As the first drops of rain fell, Esphyr raised her shoulders and wrapped her arms around her body in a shiver. "Course it has to rain. I don't mind usually, but usually things aren't this... weary." Altion gave a annoyed grunt as he rode beside her and looked down. He had taken a cloak and wrapped it about his armor as tightly as he could, having stopped to quickly strip it off at the first sign of dark clouds. "You have it easy. Leather and light armoring at best. I have actual armor Mrs. Kliene. If that gets wet, it rusts. It often takes a squire several hours of work to properly tend to wet armor according to the books in the village. I'd have to do that. Hours of painstaking care just for a few wet droplets."

"Hey! I didn't try to compare myself to you or even say you did-Mrs. Kliene?! I'm not... He's with Aiya! Not me!" exclaimed Esphyr.

"He is? My mistake then." said Altion before quickly kicking his horse ahead of her, cutting off any reply the mercenary could give.

OOC: Sorry for poor post. I'm hungry and don't really know what else to write.

Edited by Snowy_One

"It seems premature to assume that Jace has taken control of all of Septimus. I imagine there are still a lot of places loyal to the king and queen. Even though it may be dangerous, I think we should attempt to stop Jace's advance any way that we can. His lust for wealth and power will just lead him to slaughter more innocents. I know this group's goal is to defeat the demons, but we cannot allow evil men like Jace to continue their path of destruction." Charlotte said adamantly.

A Flapping Sound

"Bellerophon has always been a spirited pegasus. He's probably been on edge because of all the wyverns showing up recently." As Tristan said the word 'wyverns', he heard loud flapping sounds overhead and looked up.

"It's a bit of an odd time for a wyvern courier to be making a delivery, isn't it?" he asked Tas. "I would think they would want to stay inside during the rain."

Edited by -Cynthia-

Tas looked up as well at the familliar sound of wyvern wings. Immediately, his surprised expression melted into a grin. "That's no courier. He has too much armor for that and the wyvern is too large - it's a plains wyvern built and raised for combat and I think I recognize that particular one!" he looked over to the prince, "I don't mean to order you about, but you'll have to mount up and guide him back here since Namid isn't about. He's moving quickly, so I'd suggest you hurry! I'll try to get his attention in the meantime."

Without waiting, Tas began clamboring up the hillside, hearing a little squawk of indignation as the hatchling pulled further under the saddle. The grass Tas was clmibling over was slick, so he wound up trying grasp at clumps of the vegitation and heave himself to the top of the hill. (He'll probably be gone by the time I get to the top. I hope Prince Tristan can reach him in time! Oh, how I wish I had a flare of some sort!) Not wanting to wait too long, Tas twisted, clinging onto the long, dull, wet grass with one hand and cupping the other around the side of his mouth. "OI!! LEVSKI!!! KRINKOV!!" he called into the air, hoping that they'd hear him. From there, he kept climbing the hill to get to a higher point. However, the rainw as beginning to fall harder.

Princess Guard

"... Princess, a word?" Eric asked, standing aside from the conversation. He seemed to be a bit distracted as he stood a bit deeper in the woods. "It is... Regarding our next move."

"Yes, what do you need Sir Eric?" Charlotte asked, walking towards him.

Hey, Listen!

"All right!" Tristan said. Bellerophon immediately sprung into action, despite the pain. "Sorry." he apologized to the pegasus, as he flew upwards towards the wyvern, trying to catch the attention of the rider.

Searching Is Not Always The Best Way To Find

Lev: Okay these really could lead us all the way back to Bur-

He paused hearing something faint in the background. He turned to look over his shoulder and beyond the Comet to see a pegasus steadily catching up to them. Krinkov looked back too. It was that annoying pegasus that acted like a wyvern acting like a pegasus. Annoying and pushy. It was probably someone they were looking for though. His day was going so well too. He slowed down and began to circle back knowing full well already that it was what his master was about to instruct him to do.

Lev: Hey! Is Tas with you?!

Dilemna

"Let us just move away from the rest of the group for a moment, if you do not mind," the swordsman said, retreating a bit further into the woods. Once there, he asked, "...Tell me, after what happened, do you still wish to continue journeying with the Wielders? Jerdon is only a few days away on foot, and if we make it there... A rebellion can be organized. These people might be killed, if we continue with them. What do you think, Charlotte?"

"I-I'm not sure what to do." Charlotte replied. "Stopping Jace is important, but the demons are a real threat as well and the group needs our help I think. I was hoping to do both at the same time...I really don't know." she admitted to Eric.

Twist and Shout

"Tas is down below!" Tristan shouted to Lev. Bellerophon cringed. To be confronted with such a foe in his weakened state-damn his luck!

Edited by -Cynthia-

True Colors

"Is that so...," Eric said, approaching Charlotte. "Well, If I may, I suggest you..."

The blade was plunged directly through the princess' chest, and quickly removed. Blood spurted from the wound almost immediately, just narrowly avoiding the swordsman.

"Die, Your Highness," the traitor finished, a smirk firmly imprinted on his face, as Princess Charlotte fell to the ground. Along with her fell the Goddess Icon Eric was carrying around, its' purpose served. Slowly turning around, the swordsman began to return to the group, in an upright fighting stance, rather than leaned over.

Boss: Eric

HP:8 (24)

Str: 7

Skl: 8

Spd: 9

Lck: -2

Def: 5

Res: 6

Class: Swordmaster

Skills: Keen Edge, Wrath

OOC: Keen Edge means That if a number is + or minus 1 of the damage die on the crit die, it is a critical. Normal criticals are still in play.

Edited by Snike

"Geez, what the hell was that? Did someone find a spider?" Reika muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Sounded like Charlotte," said Alferis, his tone grim. Whatever was going on, it probably wasn't anything good. He and Reika advanced a little further in, not quite in sight of Eric yet.

Levski and Krinkov

Lev gave sighed in relief.

Lev: Well that went well. You found your prince and the IM's found its business associate.

It didn't take Krinkov long to land and Lev quickly hopped down near the hillside to take a look around.

Lev: Hey, Tas! Where are you?

"Right here!" replied Tas as he let go of the hillside and righted himself somewhat, sliding down the hillside and coming to a stop before Lev. "We still have to wait for Namid to come back, but it shouldn't be long. He's been gone long enough that he knows to return if he hasn't caught anything. And if he has, then he should have finished eating," the courier informed, unable to wipe his wide grin off of his face. He was relieved to see the wyvern lord again. Now he didn't have to worry about aimless flying and trying to hide and protect the prince by himself. Also, Prince Tristan could get himself and Bellerophon healed.

Tas himself was absolutely soaked. A little whine from Namid's saddle reminded Tas of the eggs and hatchling's plight. "Oh, there's something else, though. For one, Prince Tristan and Bellerophon are hurt. Also, I have to get the hatchling and eggs out of this rain. Young wyverns are very vulnerable to diseases and the chicks in the eggs could die. Also, one of the eggs is less than two weeks away from hatching," Tas reported, calming down a little as his worry began to resurface.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beau roused from his slumber to the sound of rain pattering against the wood and canvas above him. He'd subconciously pulled the ends of his sash about him to keep warmer. Now that he was awake, though, he wanted to know what was going on. He asked the merchant, "How far until we reach a town or something of the like?"

"Well--" the merchant's reply was cut short as the horses pulling the cart suddenly whinnied and stopped. Something had them spooked. "What in--?! By the goddess! What's gotten into you two? Hey! Git!"

Beau raised an eyebrow and strummed his fingers on the wood below him. This incompetance was delaying his traverse. "What's the matter?"

"The horses got spooked. They keep trying to run off to the opposite side the other wants to go." The merchant sighed. "I suppose they heared something or summat. Look, uh... We're alone. I'd hate to ask a kid like you, especially one who paid me well, but I have to mind my cart and the horses. I know it's raining, but could you try to find some help? These two blasted horses won't move. I wonder what spooked them?"

Beau sighed. Why did he have to do work that befit a stableboy? Oh well. There wasn't anything else to do since it didn't look like the horses wanted to move. "Which way do you think there might be help?"

"O'er yonder," replied the merchant, already out of the driver's seat and trying to calm the horses. He indicated a northward direction.

Beau suspected the man hadn't given it much thought nor did he feel the need to gie an explanation. He was busy enough as it was. So, Beau hopped out of the card, grimacing at the splash of mud on the ground. It wasn't so bad. It had been much worse when Beau first set out and wasn't used to mud and other such untidiness. The bits of grass that latched onto his robes, the insects he'd wake up to find crawling on him... And, of course, the mud.

(Proof that I'm better than most nobles: I'm not afraid to walk outside in the rain.) Beau kept his complaining at bay. So, making sure to bring his shoulderbag and holding his physic staff just in case, the young priest began walking northward, mentally noting when a good time to turn back would be if he didn't find help.

Edited by Mercakete

Luc Altair, the Fargo and a Paul

Skirting the forest's edge had not changed the search situation or even changed most of what the Directus natives saw. Other than a lack of trees, there was no difference between this area and the searched parts of th forest. But even still, the duo continued until Luc issued another command. "We've come far enough. We're turning back to check the camp before setting off again."

"Yes, Captain."

The two returned to the woods with their course set back on the camp. If Levski and General Alex had already found the missing, staying put any long would be futile.

Lev and Krin

Krinkov watched and listened while his master flapped lips with the other wyvern rider. He was right it seemed. His master was looking for this very person. The other human seemed to be looking for someone else though. Hopefully it wasn't the one riding that light weight overbearing meal on wings.

Lev: The prince is hurt? Well that's not surprising. You look okay though so let's get those eggs and the kid, then get back to the others. We'll ... pace ourselves if the prince needs it.

Trouble In The Party

A familiar voice came in the form of a scream that cut through the air. Iso looked up from the fire with a mix of suspicion and fear in his eyes. He knew that scream, he knew what it usually meant. He had seen Irina and Kelas already so he knew they were fine. Who was missing then? As he stood up, he began to slowly close his eyes.

Iso: (This can't be happening ...)

Others had caught notice too. Conrad having spotted Eric and Charlotte venture off raised an eyebrow. Eric may have hurt himself in front of her perhaps, or perhaps an ambush. Maybe even something more dire than that. He wasn't sure yet, but he was going to find out soon enough.

Conrad: Ready weapons.

Viveka: Huh?

Conrad: Just in case ....

Meanwhile Irina had been feeding Kiev and the pink one each a chicken at a time and flinched at the awful scream. She rose up wondering what happened. The pink one ignored it and munched on the dead chicken. Human females screamed all the time. That one sounded like an injury shreeck but it was probably her mate being too aggressive or something. She didn't care. The other humans could deal with her and her over zealous partner.

Irina: Was that Charlotte? Oh no, what's going on?

Tessa had been hanging slightly apart from most of the group, engaged in a bit of introspection. The events of the past few days had been nothing short of a total mess, and during the chaos and panic ensuing in Jace's revolution she'd been of little to no help to anyone in the group, anyone in her new family. While nobody had said anything even mildly nearing reproach, perhaps because she had managed to at least help out some civilians, the young girl was probably her own harshest critic.

The current weather didn't help the state of affairs any either, as the rain only added to the gloom she felt. She was cold, and rapidly growing wetter and more miserable, with few appealing options. She couldn't pester Arrin for his cloak, that would be... awkward. As she thought so, the sudden appearance of a small burning sensation at the top of her ears baffled her. Shaking her head and rubbing her arms vigourously, she further dismissed the thought, as the mage still needed the cloak himself. That only really left a couple options.

Selecting the one that seemed best, she had headed back to where Trevor was. The stallion could probably do with some more care and attention, and after that! maybe she could borrow the saddle blanket for a bit. Wool manages to keep warm, even in the most soaking of wet conditions, and they could share it back and forth, like they had on one prior occasion, before Tessa had stumbled into the crew, back near the Elysimian border.

She about finished tending to her mount, and was wrapping the blanket around her shoulders when the scream had come out from Charlotte's direction. It sounded urgent, and time was of the essence. Quickly sizing up her own situation, she was still wearing her scabbard, and her staves were close at hand, but Trevor had been unsaddled, and all the tack had been put away. No helping the matter then, she thought before giving voice to her decision. "C'mon Trevor, looks like a little bit of bare back for us for the moment. There's no way I'm letting something bad happen without stopping it this time. No way!"

With things as they were, she decided she could only manage one staff at most, so selected the Heal, and then swung up onto her loyal steed, crouched low over his back, grabbing his mane with her free hand, and firmly squeezing his sides between her knees. Giving out the briefest of whinnies, Trevor complained mildly about being back to work, and without the customary equipment, but he acquiesced to her directions, and the pair quickly shot off to where the princess had retreated away from the rest of the group.

Nobody was present at the moment, save for Eric; it seemed Tessa had been the first responder. Charlotte had collapsed to the ground, and Eric was purposefully striding toward the group, which should have struck her as odd, but fear for her friend's condition must have kept it from properly registering. Steering around the swordsman, recalling his discomfort around horses, she swung down and took a look at the cleric. It was rather a grim sight, actually, she'd been impaled through the chest, and was heavily bleeding. Clammy to the touch, and with shallow breathing, this rain wasn't helping the situation any either, she was probably already in shock.

Working quickly, Tessa applied some healing magic, closing the wound and providing some first aid, before she covered the girl with the blanket. Others would be coming soon, no doubt, so she wouldn't have to move her to shelter by herself, and should instead focus on doing what she could here—

A loud serious of snorts, whinnies and general thrashing about from Trevor took her by complete surprise. "What's the matter, boy?" she turned to the stallion questioningly. A sudden chill ran down her back. In her concern for Charlotte's safety, she'd neglected to ask herself 'Who or what had caused this?' Acting on instinct, she dodge to the side, and not a moment too soon, as Eric's blade whistled through the area she had just occupied, with deadly intent behind it.

"Eric?! Wait, what's wrong?" Trying to wrap her mind around matters, she stumbled a step backwards. Met with no reply but a grin, and another flash of steel, as she somehow managed to avoid the follow up stroke, the severity of the situation cemented itself. Gathering her resolve, she slid her own sword out of its sheath, parrying the next blow this time and for the moment the grating noise of the two blades against each other was all that could be heard over the ever-present patter of rainfall.

"Come on! Come to your senses, it's me, and Charlotte is... Charlotte is..." The only reply to her pleas was the corners of his mouth turning up a bit. Was it a smirk, or a sneer? Why? His eyes almost seemed to be laughing as well... his eyes. Could it be?

The lighting was too poor for her to make anything out for sure, and the enemy's skill didn't let her concentrate on anything other than defending for any length of time. But perhaps that was the answer... though it couldn't be. He'd died, hadn't he?

There was another outburst from Trevor. Spooked as hell, he couldn't watch after his charge any longer. The little human would just have to take care of herself. Wheeling back to camp, he thundered off, but the spray of mud caused by his departure caused the slightest of openings as it hit Eric, allowing Tessa to land a faint blow, nary more than a scratch really, even after she'd channeled all her strength and mana into it. It bought her more time however, and she swiftly retreated, standing guard over the princess. Trying for one final appeal, she called out, "If it's really you in there, you need to snap out of it now!"

Tessa activates Arcanium, Tessa activates Stat Shift (1Def,1Res->2Spd), Tessa activates Hawkeye.

[4,1,3] Tessa Hit! 1 damage.

[1,5,1] Eric Miss! 0 damage.

(OOC: I apologize for my lack of existence the last little while... everything was piling up, and I sort of zoned out... I guess I managed to get back for this, atleast.Will edit in post after battle calcs, because I'm paranoid like that... Post humorously, 7 Str, nearly guaranteed doubling, and 50% crit is beyond broken. Especially with durability like that.)

Travelling through the rain, Aiya had opted to take shelter beneath Ulfhrahn's wing, the wyvern's scales deflecting the rain well enough to prevent his own discomfort, and providing shelter for his human, who did not share that luxury.

A scream. Resonating throughout the area. Aiya quickly leapt atop Ulfhrahn and the pair rushed towards the source. Seeing Charlotte on the ground, and Tessa deflecting Eric's sword, Aiya rushed in.

"What the hell, Eric!?"

With a diving charge, Aiya's swing hooked Eric in his left side, sending a spurt of blood to the ground. However, the success was short lived, as two strikes in quick succession racked across Aiya's body.

The first swing cut across Aiya's stomach. The hit was deep and she cringed in pain at the blow. The second attack was a pommel strike, impacting against Aiya's temple, causing her to fall off of Ulfhrahn and crumple to the ground unconscious.

Landing several feet from Tessa, blood began to pool about the fallen wyvern rider, oozing from the deep wound on her stomach.

Aiya(5,5,3) 9 hit - 8 Avo, hit! 10 mt - 5 Def, 5 Damage!

Eric(2,5,6) 10 hit - 4 Evd, hit! 12 mt - 6 Def, 6 Damage! (12 Damage Crit)

Eric(3,4,3) 11 hit - 4 Avo,hit! 11 Mt - 6 Def, 5 Damage! (10 Damage Crit)

Eric 18/24

Aiya 0/15(KO)

Roll

Aiya +10 Exp

Edited by Ether

"Eric you bastard!" Alferis yelled, backing away, throwing his tomahawk with full force at Eric while Reika held out her daggers in full defense. Unfortunately the tomahawk missed, so Alferis had to draw out his Iron Axe. Before he had time to react though, Eric rushed towards him and stabbed him hard in the chest before slashing it open. He fell over, completely covered in blood.

"Shit! You idiot!" Reika muttered, still clutching her daggers.

Link to roll

Link to Counter

Alferis (1,4,6) Miss!

Eric (5,3,3) Hit! 3+7+1= 11-4= 7 damage! Alferis 5/12

Eric (1,2,3) Keen Edge activates! Hit! Critical! 2+7+1= 10x2 20 damage! 0/12

Alferis gets 10 exp! (For attacking a boss right?)

Edited by Red Magister

Vera and Pary: ((In which Ioophole Snike into me getting exp without dying))

Vera heard a commotion from deeper in the woods. "Uncle, what's going on?" She grabbed her bow and quiver, preparing for anything.

PAVISE!

Vera +6 exp, 50% reduction next round.

Pary ran over to Viveka, casting his Barrier staff!

Link

Viveka +6 resistance!

"Watch out!"

Charisma for Viveka and....Morgan.

Flames of War

"... I don't know what you're talking about, dear," Eric said after missing Tessa, chuckling as he moved on. Running Aiya through at the expense of a small wound, the swordmaster then ducked a tomahawk and defeated Alferis easily, before remarking while still smirking, "Yes, that's apparently what I've been, since the day I was 'born'. Sad part about it is, 'twas all a lie. And you idiots took it, hook, line, sinker." The villain's monologue was interrupted by Derek attempting to behead him. Eric disappeared for a moment, then reappeared, leaving a gaping wound in the cavaliers' side.

"Why don't you join your liege and father, O foolish Knight," he said, as the cavalier's world went black.

[spoiler=Roll]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2746439/

3d6 → [1,5,2] = Miss

3d6 → [4,5,6] = Keen Edge Activates! Critical! 2(12-6) = 12 points of damage! Derek Is in Peril!

3d6 → [1,3,3] = Assured Derek is Defeated!

Derek gains 10 EXP

Eric 18/24

Derek 0/12

Enemy Phase

"Oh, we can't very well have that," the swordmaster continued, cutting down Pary after he raised his staff. Disappearing, there were three slashes around the priests' general area, before blood began to erupt from his fallen form, and Eric reappeared, sword just a bit more crimson. "That's it for two healers. Now, to mop up the rest of you."

[spoiler=Roll]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2746453/

[2,5,6] = Critical! 2(12-1) = 22 points of damage! Pary is in peril!

[6,3,5] = Pary is Defeated!

Eric 18/24 HP.

Player Phase

Edited by Snike

Luc Altair, the Fargo and a Paul

The continued search continued its fruitlessness through the ride back as well, and other than a few useless comments from Fargo about the trees looking "kinda funny" the ride was just as eventless. Until the worst case scenario changed that. Sounds of combat echoing from the area the group was supposed to be camping near.

"Oh that,'s not good," Fargo dimly said.

"An understatement in all ways," Luc remarked bitterly. How were they so quickly found? But that didn't matter, not now. "Paul, leave. Fargo will need speed if he is to rescue anyone who's been too badly injured to continue fighting."

"Huh? Shouldn't I be fighting Captain?" the understandably confused cavalier asked.

"No, it's a better us of you to keep to the sides and rescue anyone in danger."

"Uh, yes, Captain."

"Paul, go!"

The spy groaned. "Going," he said and slithered out of the bag.

The duo returned to the clearing, only to see no enemies around.

"Wha--" before Fargo could even finish a single word Eric struck Pary. "--the hell?"

Luc stared at the scene that played out before his eyes. It didn't make any sense. Why was Eric attacking anyone else? Dammit, it didn't make sense!

"Uh, Captain."

"Continue as planned Fargo!" Luc barked at him. "I'll deal with this."

Luc kicked Thunder into a charge and the two went after Eric. Luc swung, and felt his halberd scratch the man. But he had aimed dead center. Bah, he would have to come arou--

Something his his chest. Luc looked down, he had been impaled? How? Another stab, this one he saw, but still barely comprehended. Luc let a yelp of agony out and slumped over. How? Through his speed and chainmail, how? Almost like...

Luc fell unconscious.

Thunder

Thunder had not been attacked. He did not know why, he did not care. The Luc had fallen, and Thunder had been trained to run when he felt that. So he ran. He ran from the foul one who had done this. The one he had always wanted to run from but was never allowed to.

A Paul

Paul had scrambled up a tree nearby and was spying the carnage playing itself out as a battle nearby. "Oh, now that's familiar."

Luc has 12/12 HP.

Luc attacks Eric.

(Luc rolls 6,2,4)

Luc attacks and deals 1 damage. ((2Roll+4Str-5Def) = 1 Damage.)

Eric has 17 HP.

(Eric rolls 6,3,4)

Eric crits and deals 12 damage. ((3Roll+7Str+1WTA-5Def) x2crit = 12 Damage)

Luc has 0 HP. Luc is KOed!

(Eric has 17/24 HP.)

Luc Gains 10 EXP.

Heinz blinked for a second as a battle quickly sprung to life a short distance away. That can't be Eric..... he would never cut down the Jerdonian princess like that. "Or his friend," Heinz muttered, eyes widening when he noted the healers had been downed as well. Pulling a knife from his belt, the mercenary threw it directly at the swordsman, figuring it was better to attack first, ask questions later.

The man simply shifted to the side, allowing the knife to embed itself in a tree. (-0 dmg Link) Heinz cursed as he skidded on the slick layer of leaves covering the ground, unable to avoid Eric's counter. The sword struck cleanly (-16 dmg Link), pinning Heinz to the ground before the swordsman removed his sword, smirking at him.

Heinz coughed weakly. Same face, but he's much faster than Eric was.... "You're Shanice, aren't you?" he growled before blacking out, head slumping back into the ground. (Link)

Heinz: 0/12 HP (+10 exp)

Eric: 18/24 HP

OOC: Rolled the saving roll incorrectly, but it fails anyway.

Vera:

"W-who is that?" Vera stood fast, holding tall against the threat.

PAVISE!

Vera +6 exp.

Rosy meanwhile, shocked from all the blood, ran to the trunks and hid inside.