Best/Worst in the Series: Round 63

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Rutger. When you get him he is your best unit, the only person even close to touching him in offense is Dieck, but Rutger's offense stays awesome and he will always double, whereas Dieck won't. Jill and Raven get honorable mentions, but neither of them are as good off as rutger is when he joins. Jill is underleveled when she joins, and Raven is also underleveled, and competing with a lot of people for spots.

Worst: Oliver. He is absolutely useless.

Best: Ayra. Meteor Sword, and the mother of the most broken SM ever? Yes please!

Honorable mention to Rutger and Raven. Epic men are epic.

Worst: Est.

We could sent Catria over with Mercurius or something. Urgh. Est.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Oh, so is this a remix of my Smartest/Dumbest Recruitable Enemy suggestion? If not, then I nominate it again.

Best: FE11 Maria, both the recruitment sidequest and character. Catria for runner up, just the character.

Worst: FE11 Matthis, both the recruitment and character.

Nominate: Best parent/child relationship

Best: Lyn Mode Dorcas. LM Dorcas is beast.

Worst: Eir route Amelia the second time. Stop getting yourself oneshotted. Thanks for the resets.

Worst: Cath.

Though I will give her this: Chad can steal Lockpicks off her... twice! :awesome:

Wait, not FEDS Est?

Edited by Spykor

How would that work in the first place?

A total who you think is the best parent and child in the series. Theres more than you think.

Eli/Roy

Hector/Lilina

Eyvel/Mareeta could count

Galzus/Mareeta

Dadgar/Tania

Brendan/Reed Twins

And more!

Nominate: Best parent/child relationship

Best: Lyn Mode Dorcas. LM Dorcas is beast.

Worst: Eir route Amelia the second time. Stop getting yourself oneshotted. Thanks for the resets.

Wait, not FEDS Est?

She's so sucky I forgot about her.

Will change vote.

How would that work in the first place?

How many ways are there to ask the question? Rate the best parent/child relationship. Coolest convos between them, craziest antics, most caring, whatever. All of these different topics (or most of them, anyway) allow you to come up with your own standard for what makes best and worst. This would be no different.

Granted, there aren't really all that many that show up in game, but oh well.

Recruits? As in they're recruitable? As in you get to play them sometime in the game? Okay, then.

Best: Ike (FE10) Failing that (since you don't actually "recruit" him) Ummm... Raven (FE7) is pretty good. Plus, then you get Lucius. Might change this answer. Will have to give it more thought.

Worst: Oliver (FE10) with honorable mentions to Shinon (FE9) since it's so hard to recruit him. Same with Cormag in Ephraim's story and Joshua (FE8) and recruiting Amelia's (FE8, either story) pretty risky, too. There are others, too, but *shrug*

Worst: Oliver (FE10) with honorable mentions to Shinon (FE9) since it's so hard to recruit him. Same with Cormag in Ephraim's story and Joshua (FE8) and recruiting Amelia's (FE8, either story) pretty risky, too. There are others, too, but *shrug*

Most hard recruitable characters generally pay off because of their good stats(ex. Xavier and myrmidon recruitables). So, it's not fair to hate them, even though their stats outweigh the trouble of getting them(Xavier fits this catagory perfectly, as he's the hardest guy to recruit in all FE history, but his skills, weapon ranks and leadership star all make him awesome to use.)

Recruits? As in they're recruitable? As in you get to play them sometime in the game? Okay, then.

Best: Ike (FE10) Failing that (since you don't actually "recruit" him) Ummm... Raven (FE7) is pretty good. Plus, then you get Lucius. Might change this answer. Will have to give it more thought.

Bold: Could you please explain? Because I never really had trouble recruiting any of them.

Yeah seriously, with Joshua.

Just bait Joshua with Seth and get Natasha to talk to him afterwards.

There's no way you can get Seth to 18 SPD by then.

Joshua won't attack Natasha.

The other mooks will, though. Seth can clean them all out in one sitting, not fatally damage Joshua, and Natasha can grab rightaway and heal next turn.

*plays Sethsolo way too much*

Well, that's true. Even so, I never really found him hard to recruit. (Then again, I doubt that anyone in the FE games I've played struck me as particularly hard to recruit.)

Best: Ayra (FE4) - Baiting her with Alec is humourous at times.

Worst: Cath (FE6) - Most characters get the idea the first time.

Best: FE9!Jill. Flying = win and I like axes.

Worst: Oliver. The only reason you'd want to recruit him (besides the satisfaction of recruiting everyone) is for his Silence staff or Nosferatu tome and you get a Nosferatu tome in 4-3 anyway.

Well, that's true. Even so, I never really found him hard to recruit. (Then again, I doubt that anyone in the FE games I've played struck me as particularly hard to recruit.)

When playing normally anyway.

There was Amelia on Cormag's chapter where I had a base Eirika and a level 18 Seth, but normally Amelia would be recruited in 9 and Cormag grabbed in 13 while Seth charges the boss to glory right after because he's manly like that. But again, that's Seth's manly solorun and isn't the orthodox way of playing FE.

Aside from that, I can't think of any one else that's particularly hard. I never had issues with Ayra, either. Just kept Sigurd out of range charging at the castle while have my other troops go around. Works wonderfully every time.

When playing normally anyway.

There was Amelia on Cormag's chapter where I had a base Eirika and a level 18 Seth, but normally Amelia would be recruited in 9 and Cormag grabbed in 13 while Seth charges the boss to glory right after because he's manly like that. But again, that's Seth's manly solorun and isn't the orthodox way of playing FE.

Aside from that, I can't think of any one else that's particularly hard. I never had issues with Ayra, either. Just kept Sigurd out of range charging at the castle while have my other troops go around. Works wonderfully every time.

Well, I can't think of any enemy that's particularly hard to recruit other than Xavier, to be honest. Amelia in chapter 13 Eirika route sounds hard, but I go out of my way to get her in chapter 9.

Yeah. I heard about that. Haven't played FE5 yet but will probably do after all this college apps stuff are over.

Actually, recruiting Amelia in C13 isn't too bad when you have a trained Eirika who can survive a few hits. It's just in Sethsolo, Seth has to protect Eirika, make sure Amelia's recruited alright (speedwings), grab Cormag on the way, and make sure he survives bolting rush as Seth himself rushes the boss like a god.

Amelia didn't actually survive after I took the wings, but hey, it was Seth's solorun. Can't be a perfectionist.