The Assassins Guild

Tables

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC Spykor hasn't said anything.

Ive had nothing to say.

tl;dr. I skimmed, and it seemed to mostly about reading rules and boring Day 1 starts.

Or am I a fidiot again?

Atleast just state somewhere that you are paying attention to the game.

K.

*pays attention and resumes being silent*

Oh yes. ##Vote: Nobody

K'bye.

I'd love to hear more from

Balcerzak

Spykor

Dickpickle

Ether

Dracohon

Furetchen

Silent Shaman

Jean-Marc

I should make more time for this, that is very true. I've been doing a lot of writing for my thesis recently, with the occasional binge of FE6 draft runs, but that doesn't excuse inactivity elsewhere completely. See the bottom of my post for my current thoughts.

Also I think Bal has been really busy lately

he hasn't been on CM in a while either

Oh shit. One the one hand this is true and I've completely forgotten, on the other hand, now when I try to get back into it, everyone will obviously put 2 and 2 together. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. ilu bizz, I'll be there... in an undetermined time that may or may not be soon.

Useful information:

• No-one has stepped forward in an attempt to establish themselves as town-leader, neither has there been an attempt by someone town-aligned, nor by a scum-aligned faker. That means people are taking things cautiously. This probably has partly to do with the fact that the overall role distribution remains a mystery, partly to do with the fact that it's no outside contact, and partly to do with the fact that it's a day start and any power-role would have nothing to corroborate their testimony at the moment. I'm not sure when we should expect to see some claims start to come out to be honest, but if and when they do, I guess we'll just handle them on a case-by-case basis.
  • There was quite a fair bit of back and forth over the nature of the spy inside the assassin's ranks, and how exactly he's operating. Current speculation is that the assassins are divided into pairs, but I see no particular reason why this is necessarily the case, as it they could be operating in teams of three, or individually coordinated by the Master, or the spy's knowledge could simply be additional information a la Rule 18. All we know for sure is that there are "respective forums" and that Spoon's game was cited as inspiration, so I'm a little wary of people who are jumping too quickly to certain conclusions, though they are at least on face-value reasonable ones.
  • Related to the above two points, no outside contact makes life very difficult for our spy. On the one hand, he could out himself and then rely on (assumed existence of) doctor protection to stay alive, but on the other hand, I don't know enough about how Tables has set up the inner workings of the Assassins Guild to do any more than baseless speculation on what would happen to him from that point forward. Would he remain in contact with the other assassins, would he be cut off? Is it better to come forward earlier, or later? None of this is clear to me yet. To me, I'm vaguely getting vibes of Fayt's mafia within a mafia game with Class A and Class B, except for the fact that I'm probably only making this connection because I was a part of that game and it's coloring my perceptions.
  • I don't see anything lynch-worthy at the moment coming from any of our key vote-earners thus far, and my earlier opinion of ##vote {no lynch} is now finalized.

Well, I wouldn't say this day has been a complete waste. However, I would like to ask IET something - how does the vote work? Is it that the option with the highest number of votes wins? That when more than half of the votes are for a particular option, it wins? Or does it require an outright majority to get something done, even counting people who abstained?

I'll field this one.

Once the deadline has passed, the person that has accumulated the most amount of votes will then be lynched. If roles such as Mayor or Secret Voter exist (not saying that they do or don't), then those will be taken into consideration when we tabulate the vote totals.

However, we may cut a day short if there are a majority of votes on a single person. For example, if Psych (just a random name, mate) has 15/23 votes on him, we will give a 4 or so hour grace period where he may defend himself and attempt to persuade people that he is innocent or beneficial for the town (the two are not necessarily the same thing). If votes change during the grace period, we will revert back to the original deadline for the day.

I'll field this one.

Once the deadline has passed, the person that has accumulated the most amount of votes will then be lynched. If roles such as Mayor or Secret Voter exist (not saying that they do or don't), then those will be taken into consideration when we tabulate the vote totals.

However, we may cut a day short if there are a majority of votes on a single person. For example, if Psych (just a random name, mate) has 15/23 votes on him, we will give a 4 or so hour grace period where he may defend himself and attempt to persuade people that he is innocent or beneficial for the town (the two are not necessarily the same thing). If votes change during the grace period, we will revert back to the original deadline for the day.

Oh, ok. That's more reasonable.

Thanks for clearing that up!

which is probably why day 1 is so quiet

We're on page 7, over 200 replies. It's not that quiet :P.

I sympathize with this statement.

Well, I wouldn't say this day has been a complete waste. However, I would like to ask IET something - how does the vote work? Is it that the option with the highest number of votes wins? That when more than half of the votes are for a particular option, it wins? Or does it require an outright majority to get something done, even counting people who abstained?

Life beat me to it, although I'll only end the day early if there are still a suitable number alive (at least, say, 8) and the votes are far enough tallied that it's unreasonable there'd be enough secret voters to sway things. For now, that'll probably mean 4 votes above 50% for an instant end (dropping by one each time some kind of extra voter is killed)

Finally, 10 hours left today. We look headed for a NL. Another quick votal (I'll get my spreadsheet arranged so I can post full votals tomorrow):

No Lynch: 10 (Various users)

Luka Megurine: 1 (Weapons)

I'd love to hear more from

Furetchen

Well, Balcerzak just utterly overshadowed whatever I'm going to say, so, ah...

I've always been quiet near the start, and...well, basically I've been looking in, but haven't found much to say that hasn't been said already. Slayer's somewhat ... unobservant, but like as not a townie. Psych's actually contributed, which amazes me as much as anyone else. Absolutely nobody is going to trust what I have to think about JB, for obvious and painful reasons YES I SHOULD HAVE TRIPLECHECKED DAMMIT.

I don't especially feel anyone is lynch-worthy as of yet. Hey, might as well try to roleplay this one.

The slate fell to the floor with a metallic clank. It read: No lynch. Regardless, its former bearer looked as if this decision was far from immutable...

AND YES BIZZ I JUST COULDN'T KEEP UP WITH THE CHORAL EVERYTHING BECAUSE A LOT OF THINGS WERE HAPPENING IN REAL LIFE PLEASE DON'T HIT ME

##Vote: No lynch

I edited the list with all names I remember. I think Acey555 has changed his name to something long, but it's long and changed so I don't remember it :P.

I am Acey and this is my new name.

My edit was just resizing the vote letters

Edited by Strawman the SawmanShaman

Day's not over yet? Fine then.

Cool. If you have any ideas on how to be productive on a day 1 day start that doesn't involve randomly FoSing people (which isn't very productive at all either), then I'll gladly give them a try, but since I say that your current plan appears to be just that, there's not much to do on Day 1.

Well, do you have a better idea on what to do on Day 1 other than asking people (not at random, mind you) things and trying to get some discussion going?

What do you think is the purpose of a day start? It is surely not to do nothing and wait for the day to end, as if that was the case, day starts would not exist. So far, you have not only not been contributing anything useful, but you've actively been discouraging people from doing anything. Assassin or not, what you've been doing in this game thus far is complete rubbish.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Day 1 is the most important day ever. But it can be used just like any other day - it is not designed to be wasted. Or why, do you think, did Tables even give us 84 hours for the first day instead of 72?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Day 1 is the most important day ever. But it can be used just like any other day - it is not designed to be wasted. Or why, do you think, did Tables even give us 84 hours for the first day instead of 72?

1. 72 hours instead of 48. And that's because he has a life outside of Mafia.

2. Day 0 in a No Outside Contact game is useless. There is nothing you can gain from anyone that is even REMOTELY tangible. Psych said it best earlier. Now Night 0 (a night without kills) in a game with IRC is VERY important.

You're looking for shit that doesn't exist, Raymond.

Oh and 2 hours left. Tables will do the update.