Best/Worst in the Series: Round 64

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Gurgurant. Badass name for a badass looking weapon.

That reminds me, I always used to say that Gurgurant sounded like a bugspray.

Still, man...Silver Bow.

What's wrong with Lughnasadh?

I know, seriously. Lughnasadh is epic. It actually makes Leo good for like 2 chapters.

Sigh.

Worst: No thought is necessary - Lughnasadh. Or however it's spelled. I had no earthly idea how to even pronounce and read this for the longest time. No offense towards Leo and his bow, of course, as they are both awesome.

Seriously, Leo and his bow are downright awesome. Leo's the only marksman I use, and I train him so ridiculously hard almost just for the bow and that speed boost. +Pass and possibly Beastfoe make him all but unstoppable. The weapon itself is amazing, but the name is downright awful. It's just too strange.

Furetchen, I also apologize to you if I offended you - I dislike the name, not the name's origins.

Of course, I can only speak for myself on the matter.

Furetchen, I also apologize to you if I offended you - I dislike the name, not the name's origins.

Heh, it's cool. After a while you'll realise that if every outburst of ire I make actually mattered, then, well...let's just say I would've drank myself to death long before now.

'Sides, I think it's a harvest festival or something. Generic harvest festivals are MEANT to have crappy names. Still dunno about people not being able to pronounce it, though. It's probably the same reason totallynotConnacht in Jugdral usually gets changed to Conote. Yes, the lazy name changing of Irish provinces they thought nobody would notice irks me. See? Another random tangent of bile I flung at something...mind, I actually do *continues for several hours*

Edited by Furetchen

I don't know why they couldn't have just gone with Resire.

Resire sounds incredibly unexciting and it's not even a word (or a correctly spelt one at least). I prefer Nosferatu as light magic than "Resire". noes.gif

Still, they could have just changed its name to something more light-esque for FE9, though. Like "Providence" or something. It's not that hard.

Edited by Axie

So many to pick from...

Best: Probably... Miurgre. FE6 had great legendary weapon names but Miurgre makes me want to do Sacae instead of Ilia just because of the name. Honourable mention to Apocalypse and Holsety.

Worst: Bronze Sword/Axe/Lance/Bow. It's always been Iron/Steel/Silver. I see no reason to add a weaker weapon than Iron.

And I'd like to back "Best/Worst Crack Pairing".

Edited by Sue Sylvester