Astelaine's Sprite Thread

Astelaine

It's lovely, dear! <3

I think the right (opv) eye and eyebrow on her minimug should be moved down a pixel though.

PS: Be around more. :(

Edited by eCut

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, save for whatever fixes folks suggest, I think it's done!

estelle_sheet-1.png

So sick of looking at it

This is amazeballs!! Dat hair! Hnngh. Hair tutorials in the gr9 Astelaine way would be so awesome! LAWL!

Move on? Trust me, I'm glad to! XD.gif

Anyhoo, fixing this fellow up, seeing as he's going to be featured in a (mystery) hack project soon!

teharam_sheet2_FE7.png -> teharam_sheet3_FE7.png

Still have more to do with the hair, but at least I corrected some things about the face that were bothering me. I widened the face on the left side (opv) and adjusted his left eye. Eyebrow fix on the right, too.

Suggestions for hair improvements are quite welcome.

Edited by Astelaine

I'd suggest making the hair more hairy and less tentacle-y. It'd help if you used less of the third shade to divide each clump of hair and used quite a bit more of the second shade instead to help with definition and adding a bit more detail.

Also pointless but not so much irrelevant information: I love this mug so much.

I love this sprite a lot. Such good design and your work is so pretty and clean!

3a5fefd675c19b72890986c0144e698b.png?1346343447

Another suggestion maybe to make the hair more realistic is to consider what hair looks like when it's behind an ear, in your sprite it kinda curls around the ear (and helps contribute to the aforementioned tentacle-y look.) In this photo, part of hair is behind the ear, and the hair that isn't behind the ear sits on top of the rest of the hair.

I understand if his hair just happens to curl that way (in which case I think his ear would be partially obscured), just right now there's some odd tension between his ear and how his hair is placed, they don't seem to be affecting each other like they should. Adding definition/thinner strands of hair will help this too

Edited by Mewiyev

Anyhoo, fixing this fellow up, seeing as he's going to be featured in a (mystery) hack project soon!

Still have more to do with the hair, but at least I corrected some things about the face that were bothering me. I widened the face on the left side (opv) and adjusted his left eye. Eyebrow fix on the right, too.

The part in the back of the hair made more sense on the previous version, actually. Actually the hair was pretty fine before IMO.

One issue I'd have to point out is that it looks like his mandible and ear are aligned with each other. In most men, there's kind of a tilt upward before you reach the ear, even at an angle with an earring it should be defined more.(use more of skin color 4 to the left(opv) of the ear lobe and it should be corrected.)

Other than that, it's a very clean and smooth sprite.

Omg he looks kinda like a character who would work in my own sprite project! :o: I dont have much in the way of critique but, i do agree with Nayr that the previous one's hair makes a bit more sense because of the extra shading lines. *shrug*

Your sprites are quite good! Although proportions and angles are slightly odd at times, your sprites are very clean and of high quality. I do say, please continue! I'd like to see more from you!

proportions and angles are slightly odd at times

If you're going to say something like this, you have to tell me exactly what strikes you as odd, and where. wink.gif

your stuff are way awesome. Are all your works in this thread?

Thank you! Check the first post of the first page of this thread - all my finished works are collected there.

Edited by Astelaine

If you're going to say something like this, you have to tell me exactly what strikes you as odd, and where. wink.gif

Welcome to my world, Astel.

People say I don't listen to cnc. Truth is, a lot of times I cant get a straight answer out of people. "Wonky" is not an explanation!