Let's Play FE4

IntegerZero

You guys pick the Pairings! I'm going to go by whichever gets the most votes, and only one vote per couple, but you may vote for multiple couples. Both Generations apply. Try not to screw me over too much. Everyone is getting paired, so no Slyvia can go suck death's pole.

PS: Not pairing an armor knight named Ardan. He brings nothing to the table. Even Claude brings more...

1st Gen

Obvious Cannon Pairings I cannot Due Jack about here

Ayra x Jamka ( gee_wiz_emoticon.gif)

Aidenn x Midir

Briggid x Holyn

Slyvia x Azel or Lex

Tiltyu x Levin (Yay!)

Lachesis x Finn

Fury x Claude

2nd Gen

Lana x

Yuria x Celice

Lackhe x Shanan

Patty x

Fee x

Leen x

Nanna x

I'll post prologue tomorrow. I've gotta be at work in 4 hours. dry.gif

Edited by IntegerZero

1st Gen

Aira x Lex(Gives Brave sword, kids get Paragon and 60% def growth)

Aideen x Midir(Gives Brave bow, Lesta gets Pursuit and Duel)

Brigid x Holyn(Makes Patty easier to raise due to brave sword access)

Sylvia x Claude(Valkyrie staff access w/o gimping Sety? Yes plz!)

Tiltyu x Azel(Kids will get Pursuit and high MAG)

Lachesis x Fin(Kids will get Prayer + high luck)

Fury x Levin(LOLsety)

2nd Gen

Lana x Skasaha

Julia x Celice

Lackhe x Johan/Johavla

Patty x Shanan

Fee x Arthur

Tinny x Sety

Leen x Aless

Nanna x Leaf

These are my recommended pairings. Have at it.

Most of these pairings were ones I made, and are very effective.

In other words: DO IT, MATE!

Edited by DA125

First Gen:

Ayra x Claude

Aideen x Alec

Lachesis x Levin

Fury x Jamka

Tiltyu x Midir

Briggid x Noish

Second Gen:

Celice x Yuria

Lakche x Shanan

Lana x Faval

Patty x Lester

Tinny x Sety

Phee x Arthur

Nanna x Aless

Leen x Delmud

DO IT!

1st Gen

Obvious Cannon Pairings I cannot Due Jack about here

Ayra x Noish

Aidenn x Midir

Briggid x Holyn

Slyvia x Azel

Tiltyu x Levin

Lachesis x Finn

Fury x Claude

2nd Gen

Lana x Skasaha

Yuria x Celice

Lackhe x Shanan

Patty x Lester

Fee x Oifey

Leen x Delmud

Nanna x Aless

Tinny x Leaf

SylviaxLex.

No joke. Do you want Corple to promote or not?

Civilians in chapter 10 + lots of reserve. A village or three in chapter 9 and maybe a donation from Patty. Promoted before the end of chapter 10. He'll never be particularly useful that way, but oh well. Lex!Corple won't be particularly useful either.

<br>Tiltyu X Fin.<br><br>DO IT.<br>
<br><br>You trolling. Shit that be impossible I think. Keep the votes coming.

EDIT!

Prologue

General strategy here. Sigurd destroys everything. Noish and Alec duo. Feed Noish kills. Ardan generally is useless.

Turn 2 Axe Armor and useless mage join. They go to save the northern villages. Midir gets randomly crit killed. Oh Gandolf, silly you. Ardan chips. Wait, he gets a kill!

Turn three, Winlin and Cuan the Asskicker  join the fray, along with resident badass Fin. Enemeis continue too Die. Ethlin heals Alec. Shame she has no lady sword.:(Alec is manly and dodges several attacks.

Turn 4, I feed another kill to Noish. I like the guy. Lex Levels up and gets skill and something else. Oddly enough, he always gets my first level up. Things get countered but don't die on enemy phase.

Turn five Noish levels and nets some skill and defense. Cool. Ethlin dances with death along with Fin on EP due to bad placement. This is going to be fun.

Six. Alec levels and SPD and SKL get. <strike>Cuan makes good use of his javelin to set up some kills</strike>. Scratch that. He continues and kills that. Sigurd nets a ridiculous level with HP, STR, SPD, LCK, DEF, and RES. I have a good feeling about him already.

Seven and Fin levels with a useless 2 stat level. Ardan gets a useless level. Just a note; he's been hitting one dude for the last 4 turns. Still not dead either.

Turn 8 and DiMaggio falls. Another good three stat level for Sigurd. Seize and Midir Get. Lex levels and gets the common two stats. Alvis! Oh no! Sigurd kill him now! I figured Noish will want the SPD ring so he gets that. A useless level too boot.<br><br>

Turn 9 Azel levels and gets DEF.:awesome:Place Lex on a forest and hope! Midir Charges and completely destroys a brigand with a double Charge.

Turn 10, all the charging mooks die and Silver Sword Get! Nothing else to note. I draw in the last of the Brigands.

Turn 11 I block the bridge. Cuan and Alec both get shitty levels on EP. 12 Fin nets a fine level. Noish gets another awesome level including LOL MAG. 13 stats with Azel and a level. MAG and SPD will come in handy. Midir nets his second kill and nets DEF. SIgurd begins attacking the boss.

Turn 14 Sigurd kills and Seize! Chapter done.

So how's you guys like it? Need more? Less? Less Sigurd soloing maps?

Another EDIT. Format went to hell. Fixed it.

Edited by IntegerZero

You trolling. Shit that be impossible I think. Keep the votes coming.

It is possible. Keep in mind they get 15 love points per turn if they're next to each other and they start at 180 love points. In short, 22 turns right next to each other makes them married, without counting the natural +10 bonus when they're not next to each other.

Edited by Gengar

It is possible. Keep in mind they get 15 love points per turn if they're next to each other and they start at 180 love points. In short, 22 turns right next to each other makes them married, without counting the natural +10 bonus when they're not next to each other.

Ahh. Didn't realize they had a high love growth. Will consider then.

I was kinda trolling, but it's not actually that bad of a pairing. Sure, it's not the easiest to pull off, but Tinny and Arthur both get pursuit. No inheritance, but oh well. Finally, Prayer ups their survivability some.

Likewise, Fin X Briggid gives Patty pursuit, but Fin X Briggid gives better results than Fin X Tiltyu.

I was kinda trolling, but it's not actually that bad of a pairing. Sure, it's not the easiest to pull off, but Tinny and Arthur both get pursuit. No inheritance, but oh well. Finally, Prayer ups their survivability some.

Likewise, Fin X Briggid gives Patty pursuit, but Fin X Briggid gives better results than Fin X Tiltyu.

Actually, I think Fin x Tiltyu is one of the funnest pairings in the game. Far far far from the most useful. Takes forever in chapter 3. I can even get Wind Sword by turn 29, and I'm sure others can do better than that. I don't think it is possible to make Fin X Tiltyu in anything under 35 turns (this assumes conquering castle 2 by turn 10 and getting Tiltyu adjacent to Fin by turn 15, which is already tough enough and I'm not sure adjacent by turn 15 is even possible).

But prayer + wrath is just funny whenever you can pull it off. Unlike Lex x Tiltyu, where you need to OHKO (and hit) for ambush + wrath to be very helpful, With Fin x Tiltyu the kids just dodge. Whether you hit twice or not, you still live. And they can normally manage to 2HKO with Wind crits, since even with 12 magic that is 40 atk each hit. There isn't much that can even hope to survive that for a long time. Wind has 20 more hit than Tron and also weighs less. It's pulling it off that is tough.

As for Fin X Briggid, it might be one turn less in chapter 3 to get them paired. She at least starts closer. Patty gets Prayer from borrowing the Prayer Sword for the arena. Not sure she can put it to any good use on maps. I guess pursuit is nice and all, but depending on your team set up, who else is going to get the prayer ring until Johalva/Johan can afford it? Leaf will spend his first 40000 on Elite anyway. Her two best arena options are probably Lex and Holyn. Lex for Ambush Sleep Sword, Holyn lets her borrow the Hero Sword and moonlight probably lets her win. She at least saves money not breaking the sleep sword on things since Moonlight for 20 damage saves you 10 swings for 2 damage. For example.

I don't care about the pairings at all except that you gotta do Briggid x Dew because it makes Faval awesome. Yeah, Patty kinda sucks, but I honestly don't care much about Patty as long as Faval's good. Also, Bargain is incredibly useful to make repairing the Ichival and buying rings cheap. IMO it's really a waste not to pass it down.

Other pairings to consider:

Aideen x Midir. As fancy and awesome as Jamka looks, it makes Lester kind of suck when you realize Jamka doesn't actually pass down Pursuit. I realized a little too late on my current play-through and Lester is stuck with taking potshots or occasionally getting a kill with the Hero Bow, but otherwise he's pretty worthless.

Ayra x Lex. Holyn might seem a bit better in some ways, but then you look at the kid's defense growths and laugh. Plus Elite can have them promoting at the start of Chapter 8.

Lachesis x Beowulf. Fin wants the Heor Lance and stuff for 2nd gen, so pairing those two is actually kind of weakish even if it gives good growths. Besides, Beo gives Delmud sword inheritance.

Fury x Claude and Tiltyu x Levin. I know I'm going to be raged horribly for these, but getting Holsety so early is totally worth Arthur not being as overkill as Sety. Sety kicks ass no matter what, and giving him Holsety is totally unnecessary, whereas Holsety Arthur can be ripping and tearing well before Sety even joins. Plus, this gives Sety Reserve. 40 HP to everyone nearby. Ding, instantly validated.

Last but not least, Azel x Sylvia. This too looks pretty dumb, but Leen doesn't really care about combat and it makes Corple actually decent at healing rather than just promoting just for the sake of it. All he really cares about is magic anyways (he will probably never fight ever), and Azel gives the best growth for it. That, or leave her unpaired, which is possibly the best option for Sylvia anyways.

Chapter 2

Preparations

Sirgurd shows his lackeys how the arena is done. Things die and good levels are gotten. He gets stumped on the Elwind mage. On Clotho (He was 1 STR shy of OHKOing). He sells his steel sword for Alec and buys a javelin.

Eithlin next. Nets a three stat on Clotho. She has no hope after wards. She leaves.

Cuan kills shit. He cannot pass the effing axe armor so I pull him out for now.

LOL Ardan. He nabs the first two. LOL. Ethlin has an excuse at least.

Noish is awesome with that speed ring. He makes it all the way to where Sigurd calls it quits. He PASSES Sigurd in the arena. Madness I say. Madness. Nets a useless level however. LOL SKL. No hope against the general. Alec follows suite. Buys Sigurd's Steel sword and Iron Lance. Stark stumps him.

Fin dominates the arena. Retreats before Stark yet again. He'll get him later I'm sure. Midir has to call it quits right before the javelin caviler.

Azel does all right. Stark yet again stops him. Stupid sword fighters. Lex is Lex. He buys the Steel Axe and makes it to the Wind Mage. He'll do better with the H4X Axe later' I'm sure.

I after give Sigurd another shot. He eventually brutes his way through the Mage and then clears the General with ease. That's better.

Averages

Name  	LVL HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  Rings
Sigurd  10  40  17  0   12  15  10  12  4
Cuan  	6   36  16  0   11  10   5  11  3
Ethlin  3   29   6  8   12  13   8   4  7
Noish   8   36  13  1   10   9   4  10  0   Speed
Alec 	5   34   9  0   10  11   5   8  0
Fin   	4   34   9  0 	9   12 	9   8  0
Lex  	9   38  11  0   12  11   8  11  0
Azel	4   32   0  11 	7   11   2   3  7
Midir   --------------
Ardan I Don't Care

Midir hasn't had enough screen time yet. I'm liking Sigurd's SPD. Noish is WTF awesome as well. Fin needs to catch up. He will. Brave Lance. wub.gif

Working on chapter 1 now.

EDIT: First Gen Pairings seem done.

Ayra x Jamka

Aidenn x Midir

Briggid x Holyn

Slyvia x Azel or Lex

Tiltyu x Levin

Lachesis x Finn

Fury x Claude

Ayra x Jamka: Continue, Charge, Pursuit, Meteor, plus manly strength. Low SPD growth, but good base. No swords for Ska so Jamka needs to kill Shagall. Get the sword first.

Aidenn x Midir: Standard pairing. Hero Bow.

Briggid x Holyn: Another standard. Patty will get the Hero Sword most likely.

Tiltyu x Levin: Holsety Arthur. That is all.

Lachesis x Finn: I will need another sword to pass down. Otherwise good stuff.

Fury x Claude: Staff bot Fee with a hero lance and Sety. A mostly good pairing.

Sylvia x Azel/Lex: I'm thinking Lex. Passing down Elite seems to good to pass down.

Standard stuff it seem like. Stuff can still change, so keep voting! Second gen is still open.

Edited by IntegerZero

Nonono, not Briggid x Holyn... ;_; Dew. NEEDS MORE DEW.

Also, that says Chapter 2. Should say 1.

Otherwise good stuff, though I'm surprised Sigurd didn't completely destroy teh arena on the first try. Were you trying to conserve money or something? though how Sigurd would have money issues like evar is beyond me.

Edited by Luka Megurine

Chapter 1: I get it I right.

Note: I had to redo the chapter too many time because the RNG screwed me over. Damn Ayra. Damn your brokenness! Just join me after I capture Gen! I switched items around.

Everyone heads south. Even Ardan and Azel, who cannot keep up. I do Cuan's and Fin's convo for stat boosts. Yay STR, SKL, DEF!

Turn 2 Aideen and Dew join us and have urgent need to get the fuck out. Everyone rushes south, so I can get everything. I need to mention I hate this part so much. Sigurd gets a useless level.

More levels gained. Kinbois goes down turn 4. I hate this next part. I get Gen turn 6 and Ayra attacks Ardan. Hit and.... MISS! The hell!!!? Good god Ardan, I'm sorry I doubted you man. You just rose in respect from that alone.

Turn 7 Ayra get! Things proceed to die dire deaths. I love and hate you Ayra. Ethlin gets a badass level. 4 stats! DEF included. I'm liking this string. Noish is also doubling alot things to ring + charge. I head towards Gandolf

I give Aideen Dew's gold. 27k should get her to promotion. Fin got MAG? Good lord my characters. This is Madness! Sigurd even gets +2 HP. Ayra gets Gandolf for that sexy skill ring.

I position myself for Jamka. Damn Jamka and all his murder death-ness.

Many turns later I get both Jamka and Dierdre. I also Send Noish and Alec back. noish finishes! the arena. Why aren't you going to father kids Noish? Why? sad.gif Alec is useless. He's getting dropped.

BTW, Dierdre got STR from Silencing generic dark bishop. The fuck. I'm sure I'm not playing some random hack. Also Jamka gets sent in. Things shall die. Also more people are sent back for free EXP and money. Fin and Lex. Fin Clears the arena/ Lex not so much. She got TWO points of STR. Good god!!

My characters are mad. I give Azel the Magic Ring so he can actually kill stuff. Everyone gets returned for another shot at the arena. Jamka and Ayra destroy the Arena. Dierdre gets to star surprisingly. LOL Dew. Midir clears thanks to the Killer bow.

Seize I win! Thank god. This is my least favorite chapter. Oh well. I can start pairing off now. Oh and Aideen and Midir had a talk.

Chapter 2

Preparations

Lots to do now. Sigurd sells Kinbois Hand and Lex gladly takes. And he clears the Arena. Holyn get. His wife Die goes as far she can. 2 rounds is all she gets.

Cuan gets to the forest. Men know how to do it right. Ethlin just gets some more money to repair her return.

Fin and Noish make it to the Elthunder Mage. Alec... not so much. Lex does the same thing.

Holyn get to the Forest. He'll get him later. Ayra puts all the men to shame and destroys the arena by taking the steel blade and activating meteor and killing everything before it can even attack.

Jamka picks up a Steel bow, ignores it and clears the Arena with his Killer. Midir then buys it and makes it the sniper. He can try later again as well. He keeps the Killer for reasons.

Dew takes Ardan's slim lance and makes it to the lance knight. He pulls out. Aideen does standard repair.

STATS!

I tried doing code, but it was like no so yeah. I'm going to post pics as son as I can take a proper picture.

Edited by IntegerZero

SylviaxLex.

No joke. Do you want Corple to promote or not?

You really can't make this any good with their awful mag. Which is why difficult to raise characters such as Corple, Dew,

Tiltyu, Diadora, and Daisy make it so difficult to reach A in EXP rank.

Alec is useless. He's getting dropped.

I would suggest pairing Alec with Lachesis, so the children can inherit the awesome Nihil skill. I find this pairing good like the Beowolf one.

Edited by Princess_Priscilla

Corple could be a Reserve/Libro bot. He also has a little extra defense, so he can afford to be a little closer to the action.

Alec does struggle with offense, his STR is average and his only offensive skill is pursuit. He does well as a father though, rounded growths and Pursuit is something nice to pass down.