Round 20 SF Splicing Competition

AstraLunaSol

Simple splices sometimes win! You dont always gotta make it all fancy pants. As long as its cleanly spliced and looks good, people are gonna vote for it!

:/

Do I really have to get into this?

He used one bit of Heath's hair for the fire, Joshua's hat, and then flipped Narshen's hand and put it on the other side.

That is all he did.

There's simple, and then there's super simple.

Crashman, please, if you want to make a mage!Narshen, at least try to make his clothing/armor mage like.

That's all I want to say.

Florina, if you want to do this silly argument any longer, and continue to be stubborn, please find someone else to do it with.

EDIT: On top of that, it isn't even cleanly spliced. There's no shading where the hat touches the hair, and it looks pasted on.

Edited by seph1212

Seph's expectations aren't really all that much. The armor still looks like a Dragon Lord's. Mages wouldn't be wearing "armor". Don't say those are just "shoulderpads". They're too "metal looking" to be simply shoulderpads.

He should also shade where the hat meets the head. Right now, it's just "pasted" on there.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Seph, calm down! Theres no reason to go apeshit. Im just saying. If you dont like his work, dont vote for him! That simple! Yeah, sure he could have changed the armor around a bit to make it look more mage like. (and im not sure i like the hat) But i like the rest of it.

Seph, calm down! Theres no reason to go apeshit. Im just saying. If you dont like his work, dont vote for him! That simple! Yeah, sure he could have changed the armor around a bit to make it look more mage like. (and im not sure i like the hat) But i like the rest of it.

This is not me going apeshit, I assure you. This is me being calm.

I don't like his work. And, no, it's not just as simple as not voting for him. It's a simple, as telling him what I think he should fix/change to make it better, so he has a better chance of more people voting for him.

Just because you'll settle for the bare minimum, doesn't mean I will, and it doesn't mean Crashman will, for that matter.

He SHOULD change the armor. It would make the splice look tons better.

Edited by seph1212

Just because you'll settle for the bare minimum, doesn't mean I will, and it doesn't mean Crashman will, for that matter.

Actually, with the facts that I often get rushed off by my parents and that my computer often shuts off (literally) when I'm in the middle of something, I usually am made to. :(

Rarely, though, I don't have either to worry about.

Thank you for the advice, too.

Image2.png

Fixed shading and added a "glow" to his pointer finger.

The armor... I'm afraid that attempting to reduce it would yield barfy results.

Edited by crashman_alpha

It still needs more shading on the head where the hat touches it, and the hair needs to be shaded where it touchs the hat, as well. Look at how it's shaded on Joshua, for your reference point.

Right.

I'll give it a shot.

Another update.

Image2-1.png

How does this one look?

Edited by crashman_alpha

@Seph: Your cnc is probably better off in a Gallery, while it isn't "wrong" to put it here, if people were to go through and cnc all the sprites they thought had issues in splice comps, people would stretch the pages ridiculously, and we'd all end up off topic, I think leaving this thread to "submissions" would be your best bet, It also allows ALS to search through a lot more simply and find the submissions for the poll.

The angles more than anything else held me back from wanting to make a splice this round, and the giant hand covering half of Narshen's body haha. (We needs!!11!1111 a female set next week)

*Is aware that this isn't necessarily on topic and that I've just stretched the thread another page... dontcha love hypocrisy?*

Edited by Vampire Elf

While I do agree, he didn't put it in his gallery, and he asked for my advice on it.

I do agree that the initial comment on it could have been avoided, but, oh well :P

C'est la vie.

(YES, WE DO. Female set from whoever wins, kthxplz?)