Youtube Class Change Run

If anyone remembers, a long time ago I'd made a topic or two on changing unit's classes like in SD for this game and seeing their stats and growths. Well I've been using Nightmare to edit my file and ended up changing everyone to another class, and changing their growths as needed (Nightmare changes bases automatically). Now I have the first chapter of a playthrough up if anyone wants to watch:

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

If you want any more details, a list of who's what later on, any specific stats, just let me know and I'll post it for you. Oh and on a side note, the changing let me be a bit creative with starting weapons, so I gave some characters weapons you don't normally obtain. These would be poison weapons, Fimbulvetr, Fenrir, Brave Sword, Rune Sword, and Spear. I'll probably take out most of the chapter intro in future chapters too.

Huh. Bors is actually useful along with Wolt.

I'd actually want to see the changes in bases before you begin each chapter actually. Same with the weapons.

And what are the growth rates for each guy in this chapter?

If you look at the video description I have everyone's stats and growths listed who joined this chapter, as I will whenever new characters join. It's in the part 1 description. For the bases, do you mean you wanna see the difference between the original and new?

You know, I like the class-changes you did there, except...this is too easy. You have too many sword users, and it's just even more easier if it's in NM. =/

Bors is a freaking beast. Lance doubles right off the bat, even in HM. You should try it.

You know, I like the class-changes you did there, except...this is too easy. You have too many sword users, and it's just even more easier if it's in NM. =/

Bors is a freaking beast. Lance doubles right off the bat, even in HM. You should try it.

Yeah, maybe I shoulda gone for HM. However, it's not quite as overpowered as it could be. Bors won't reach Dieck level strength and it'll fall behind at later levels (it'll still be good, but with 30% growth it won't be amazing), Ray would outshine him later too cause Ray has amazing bases. Clarine's worse (nomad), Dieck's worse (not terribly, but I don't think he's top tier as a fighter), Alan's worse, Lugh's a bit worse (you'll see later, being not mage kills his Str/Mag growth), Rutger's a cav so he's ok, and Miledy's a late joining troubadour. Yeah, there are too many swords I guess too, seeing as Ellen and Saul are super speed Myrms (Ellen starts with pathetic 3 Str but 55% growth). Next chapter comes a fighter (Dieck), mage (Thany), nomad (Ward), knight (Lott), and myrmidon (Ellen).

You know, I'd really want to make a tier list off of this if I find out how to patch it and get others playing. Maybe I could do another HM run sometime or if I do make this a patch someone else could do it. There, you'd have the amazingness of HM Wyvern Lord Percival.

You should get a palette editor. Alans and Marcus' palettes arent fun to look at.

But at least show us all the palettes.

Edit:

WAIT WAIT.

Nomad!Ward?

You just put awesome on an awesome character :awesome:

Edited by Spy

For recording, I just recorded using VBA and synced audio with visualdub, which I found from a youtube video. Probably gotta figure out how to compress the files cause they're pretty big, but the quality's fine enough and no audio desync is nice.

About palettes, yeah I wish I coulda made some, but personally I kinda like Marcus'. It's purple, his hair's not too bad, and it kinda looks like he's in some decorated bathrobe or something. The next chapter's characters should have better ones.

EDIT: Except Dieck, who I just now found out about. Apparently his hero palette doesn't transfer perfectly to Fighter, and so now he'll have a *slight* purple outline from the other palette I got, most tolerable one with teal hair anyways. Also, would anyone mind if Alan had blue clothes so I could give him Roy's palette or something? I'll also apologize in advance for any other notably worse sprites, ESPECIALLY Igrene/Fir's. But there are practically no good palettes for Pegs/Falcos, so I just went with what was tolerable to me. Didn't wanna use generic for everyone.

Oh and for Ward, he uses generic so the hair looks black and not brown, but if you want I could change his palette to his own, which makes the horse blue but otherwise it looks fine. Ellen, Lott, and Thany are all pretty much perfect by the way.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

Chapter 2 is up!

Here's the starting stats/growths of everyone so far (for those from chapter 1 it's their base, not taking current levels into account). Also, sorry for a few palette's like Dieck and if the quality seems any lower. Miledy's not a dragon knight, she just couldn't change to anything that's unable to move through mountains in this scene.

Roy: HP 18 (80%) Str 5 (40%) Skl 5 (50%) Spd 7 (40%) Luck 7 (60%) Def 5 (35%) Res 0 (30%)

Marcus (Bishop): HP 30 (35%) Mag 6 (35%) Skl 14 (15%) Spd 8 (29%) Luck 10 (20%) Def 4 (11%) Res 13 (43%)

Alan (Archer): HP (80%) Str 6 (45%) Skl 5 (40%) Spd 4 (49%) Luck 3 (40%) Def 4 (25%) Res 0 (8%)

Bors (Mercenary): HP 21 (90%) Str 6 (30%) Skl 10 (35%) Spd 11 (57%) Luck 4 (50%) Def 6 (25%) Res 0 (20%)

Wolt (Cavalier): HP 20 (85%) Str 5 (40%) Skl 3 (50%) Spd 7 (36%) Luck 2 (40%) Def 7 (20%) Res 0 (12%)

Lance (Myrmidon): HP 16 (75%) Str 4 (40%) Skl 13 (45%) Spd 12 (57%) Luck 2 (35%) Def 2 (20%) Res 0 (20%)

Ellen (Myrmidon): HP 15 (65%) Str 3 (55%) Skl 13 (35%) Spd 16 (28%) Luck 8 (70%) Def 1 (12%) Res 1 (27%)

Merlinus (Transporter): HP 15 (100%) Str 0 (0%) Skl 3 (50%) Spd 3 (50%) Luck 10 (100%) Def 3 (20%) Res 0 (5%)

Dieck (Fighter): HP 28 (95%) Str 10 (55%) Skl 6 (35%) Spd 6 (28%) Luck 5 (35%) Def 4 (17%) Res 1 (10%)

Ward (Nomad): HP 24 (55%) Str 8 (25%) Skl 5 (50%) Spd 6 (35%) Luck 4 (45%) Def 5 (28%) Res 0 (10%)

Lot (Knight): HP 26 (75%) Str 7 (15%) Skl 6 (30%) Spd 3 (20%) Luck 2 (30%) Def 11 (53%) Res 1 (10%)

Thany (Mage): HP 19 (35%) Mag 1 (50%) Skl (55%) Spd 9 (55%) Luck 5 (60%) Def 5 (3%) Res 7 (35%)

Well I just found another change I wanna make that I'm seriously considering despite already starting (or it's perfect reason to start HM maybe...i dunno). I wanna switch Dorothy who's currently a cleric with Thany who's currently a mage. Here are the respective stats.

Dorothy (Mage): HP 18 (70%) Mag 3 (70%) Skl 6 (45%) Spd 4 (48%) Luck 3 (35%) Def 3 (5%) Res 6 (40%)

Thany (Cleric): HP 19 (30%) Mag 1 (25%) Skl 3 (45%) Spd 9 (52%) Luck 5 (60%) Def 3 (6%) Res 9 (50%)

Thany gets a lot worse and is a bit of a worse version of Clarine, while Dorothy becomes pretty awesome aside from defense, but her HP helps make up for that. Oh, and Dorothy looks pretty awesome as a Mage/Sage in my opinion.

Well I just found another change I wanna make that I'm seriously considering despite already starting (or it's perfect reason to start HM maybe...i dunno). I wanna switch Dorothy who's currently a cleric with Thany who's currently a mage. Here are the respective stats.

Dorothy (Mage): HP 18 (70%) Mag 3 (70%) Skl 6 (45%) Spd 4 (48%) Luck 3 (35%) Def 3 (5%) Res 6 (40%)

Thany (Cleric): HP 19 (30%) Mag 1 (25%) Skl 3 (45%) Spd 9 (52%) Luck 5 (60%) Def 3 (6%) Res 9 (50%)

Thany gets a lot worse and is a bit of a worse version of Clarine, while Dorothy becomes pretty awesome aside from defense, but her HP helps make up for that. Oh, and Dorothy looks pretty awesome as a Mage/Sage in my opinion.

Dorothy is about as slow as Lilina at the start (and Lilina is bad) and she has worse magic. At least she joins a few chapters earlier, I guess. And has a better spd growth to maybe get out of the "I never double anything ever" hole. Maybe. But probably not (aside from soldiers and armors, of course, but Lilina doubled those too).

And Thany would be a significantly worse version of Clarine given she only has 5 move and can't take part in rescue chains. And her magic is worse. 1 lower base and .05% less growth. At level 20/2 it's still only -2, though, so I suppose it's not the biggest downside.

But I definitely vote for the change if it will encourage you to restart on HM.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Dorothy is about as slow as Lilina at the start (and Lilina is bad) and she has worse magic. At least she joins a few chapters earlier, I guess. And has a better spd growth to maybe get out of the "I never double anything ever" hole. Maybe. But probably not (aside from soldiers and armors, of course, but Lilina doubled those too).

And Thany would be a significantly worse version of Clarine given she only has 5 move and can't take part in rescue chains. And her magic is worse. 1 lower base and .05% less growth. At level 20/2 it's still only -2, though, so I suppose it's not the biggest downside.

But I definitely vote for the change if it will encourage you to restart on HM.

20/1 Lilina: HP 27.55 Mag 22.25 Skl 11.8 Spd 13.65 Luck 13.5 Def 4.9 Res 15.65

20/1 Dorothy: HP 32.9 Mag 17.9 Skl 16.65 Spd 15.16 Luck 8.95 Def 4.51 Res 14.8

Well they're closer than I originally thought they would have been, especially with Lili's bigger than I thought magic lead. Dorothy's got HP and speed leads which will increase, while Lili's luck and magic will increase. Dorothy has higher skill but that's not too important to anima users. Let's look later...

20/10 Lilina: HP 31.6 Mag 29 Skl 13.6 Spd 16.8 Luck 18 Def 5.8 Res 18.8 Con 5

20/10 Dorothy: HP 39.2 Mag 24.2 Skl 20.7 Spd 19.48 Luck 12.1 Def 4.78 Res 18.4

It's pretty much the 5 Mag and 6 luck vs 3 Spd, 8 HP, and 7 Skl. I kinda think Dorothy wins since it's not often you'll need all that magic to kill something since enemy res usually sucks, but it's still closer than I thought it would have been. However, Dorothy does join 2.5 chapters earlier with a slight base level lead and might have better support options. But yeah...early game would suck.

BTW, how would I go about making this into a patch, or can I upload it as a gameshark snapshot for people to play? I know at least one person who wants to play it.

Inferior supports as well. Lilina can take her absurdly fast Roy and her decent Gonzales supports, all Dorothy has is like, Saul and maaaaybe Percival.

Inferior supports as well. Lilina can take her absurdly fast Roy and her decent Gonzales supports, all Dorothy has is like, Saul and maaaaybe Percival.

Saul/Clarine/Percival are possiblities, though Clarine's most likely taken anyways. But since when does Lilina get anything with Roy better than C

? Roy wants Alan+Lance B.

I'll probably ask about it in the hacking thread sometime so I can upload a patch, I'd like to if I can find out how.

Alright, I think I will do an upload for HM as well, though I may keep up with the NM file and use some of the not so good units or some others I just want to.

I think I'll be able to upload an ips patch for this tomorrow too if I can find where I should upload it, since I've never really uploaded any files like this(aside from the youtube vids obviously). I made the Dorothy/Thany change and messed around with a few more palettes (Marcus uses Sophia Shaman palette which looks mostly fine IMO, Alan uses Roy's, and a few other changes from characters that haven't been seen yet).

• 1 month later...