My Work. :)

eCut

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot damn, when you keep this up, not only will you be a master of battle sprites, but mugs also =o.

Only thing is, why red hair when you obviously have black hair (if possibly dyed) irl?

Edited by Fawful

Thanks! :) Doubt I'll ever be able to make another one as good... :p

And 'cause red hair is awesome. :3 Plus I think black hair is boring in fire emblem hehe.

I hope you're right. :) I should really check those pm's...

Fooling around with her:

NewElliot-2.png

I changed her size so she is around the size of the normal GBA sprites, I made the top part of her hair less flat, made some more neck visible, and made the cape more visible.

Thinking about adding a headband.

Edit:

[spoiler=Before the fixes(just in case you want to compare them):]NewElliot.png

Edited by kittE

I hope you're right. :) I should really check those pm's...

Fooling around with her:

NewElliot-2.png

I changed her size so she is around the size of the normal GBA sprites, I made the top part of her hair less flat, made some more neck visible, and made the cape more visible.

Thinking about adding a headband.

Edit:

[spoiler=Before the fixes(just in case you want to compare them):]NewElliot.png

Yeah that looks loads better! <3

Hmm, I always wanted to do a self-portrait but I never thought of doing that! =o Because I could never find a sprite that got the same hairstyle as me. But maybe a pic could work.

Either that or I test out my nonability at customing some more.

Oh and I forgot to say how impressive that is!! D= I like the eyes too.

Edited by Freohr Datia

I'm sure you'll be able to do it! And thanks. :)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh I do not like spriting fauxhawks. mellow.gif

Cavaliermugshot.png

Eyes and eyebrows are buggin' me.

Ref'd vamp's personal mug(I think it is personal mug...) for the fauxhawk shading.

Cavalier btw. C:

Edited by kittE

You see the top of it, the 'peak'? It seems like it's at the wrong angle because the right side(our right) is coming a little higher than I think it should. Try maybe getting rid of(scooping out a bit) the right side(right where the shadows begin and end at the top). I think then it'll at least look like it's at the right angle.

Also it would probably help to get rid of some of the hair on the left side of his head(his left) too. It's creating the illusion as well.

Edited by Phoenix

Thanks

I think for the hair that isn't standing, make it go downward diagonally instead of upward diagonally. =o

As for the eyebrows and eyes... I think all I can really see is how dark the eyebrows are, and possibly how thick? I'm not sure what else you are finding wrong with it. Maybe we both can't find out xD

But idk if the eyebrows are dark or thick on purpose though...

I'm not sure about anything with the eyes either.

Ecut, I'm so excited to see you customing mugs! Your new Elliot looks gooorgeous :)

As for Mr. Fauxhawk, people have given you some good advice already - I only have two things to add.

1. you shouldn't use the outline color in the nose (use the darkest skin shade instead) and

2. something about his head shape looks funny, as if the top/back of his head collapsed in. You might want to give him some more shape back there.

Good luck on the fixes! You have a great start!

Thanks Astelaine! :)

And to everyone, thanks SO much for the critique!

With some edits:

Cavaliermugshot-1.png

(OLD) - (NEW)

Other feedback/critique is greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by kittE

Thanks Astelaine! :)

And to everyone, thanks SO much for the critique!

With some edits:

Cavaliermugshot-1.png

(OLD) - (NEW)

Other feedback/critique is greatly appreciated. :)

That looks strangely similar to the incomplete real self sprite Vamp was making.

It's on this sheet he posted. In the right corner with the incomplete Limstella. http://gyazo.com/5ea5d90cd088244e2d1dbaf1c25e8b73.png

The angling, face shape, and color schemes are similar as well.

I think you need to adjust your eyes, and maybe your glasses, because there's literally nothing similar between them except for the hair style, and, arguably, the angle.

The face shape, the cheek and chin, are different. The nose is different. The eyes are different. Even the ears are different.

And why does it matter if they're similar, anyway? I mean, they're not, other than one-two things, but I don't see the point of trying to compare them, even if they were.

I don't see why you feel the need to be so hostile. I was simply pointing something out, not calling in the cops for a crime.

I'm not, I'm trying to follow your logic o 3 o

And... I'm, not following it very well.

Regardless of how similar they are, there isn't enough direct similarity to prove sprite theft, so you might as well just let it drop. It's entirely possible she might've referenced his mug, anyway. After all, it seems the majority of the FE community does some level of reffing from higher-level spriters, so there's nothing unusual about that.

@eclipse - Google "fauxhawk." It's like grabbing the front part of your hair and just shoving it up into a little mountain.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Regardless of how similar they are, there isn't enough direct similarity to prove sprite theft, so you might as well just let it drop. It's entirely possible she might've referenced his mug, anyway. After all, it seems the majority of the FE community does some level of reffing from higher-level spriters, so there's nothing unusual about that.

I'll say this again. I was pointing out that they look similar. It wouldn't be the first time someone has seen something they like and been inspired by it.

Edit:

I would be so fucking happy if my every other post wasn't attacked.

Edited by Rian Mahariel