What are "YOUR" stages in finding a favorite character?

Frosty

So here's a thread in which you'll share how can you find or select your favorite characters? Tell me what stages or criteria they fall before you come with the final verdict of making them your favorites....

And here's my stages on how can a game character can end up as my favorite characters... *cough*Thany*cough*

Stage 1 - Initial Introductory Stage

-> The character falls into initial encounter via accessible media... Character analysis begins here... Accessible media also includes playing at a friend's place....

Stage 2 - Scanner Stage

-> The character falls into series of character analysis, allowing to find traces of personality, humor and other interesting details that may catch my brain's neurons...

Stage 3 - Advanced Analysis Stage

-> Simply similar as Stage 2, but with more complex analysis wherein I will ask questions why I like them... is it because of Humorous Factors? (Ex. Serra, Kieran and L'Arachel) Is it because of Psychological complexes? (Ex. Brad Vickers, Kefka Palazzo and Sherry Birkin) Is it because of Adorableness? (Ex. Thany, Vivi Oruntia and Nino) or is it because they're completely awesome? (Ex. Seth, Jill Valentine and Ada Wong)

Stage 4 - Final Verdict

-> After series of character analysis, I will come to the final verdict if I will like the character or not....

CAUTION: Final Verdict Symptoms contains rabid fanboyism/fangirlism, overprotectiveness like a healbot with extreme nerves and other severe causes... etc... etc...

There... that was my process... now what's yours?? :)

I don't care if it's a process or not... Just asking a little question... Thanks...

Edited by Frostbite

Sheesh, that's complicated.

Mine is one simple question:

Does anyone else care about you? The less people that care, the more interested I am (bonus points if you're in a FE game, and you suck).

STEP ONE -- PERSONALITY

Do you have a personality? If no, advance to 1x.

If yes, is your personality awesome, badass, cool or ... decidedly ... everage?

If your personality is not awesome or badass or cool, fuck you and die.

STEP 1x -- KNIGHTS OF LODIS

Does your portrait/few actions lend yourself to an imprinted personality that is awesome, badass or cool? If yes, progress to Step Two.

STEP TWO -- ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Are you fun to use? (Fun does not mean good. Dozla is fun as hell (all berserkers are, as a matter of fact). Myrms with crappy Con and base strength are not fun. Nor are healers.) If so, go to step Three.

STEP THREE

You're in. Asshole.

I SHALL DEFINE FAVORITE CHARACTER AS IT HAPPENED TO FEE AND KARIN AND NEIMI:

Phase 1: "Oh, cool, character. She's cute." <--this phase has only been skipped maybe twice, ever, and they were Franz and Barst.

Phase 2: "HOORAY CHARACTER! :wub:"

Phase 3: Good ...'fanart'?

Phase 4: ALWAYS A FUCKING NO WHY

Phase 5: ???

Phase 6: Nobody profits in fangirling, not even me.

@eclipse

Uhh... that's not what it's intended for.... neither it does not say "If you were an FE character".... lulz...

Actually since IDK where to post this crappy topic crapfest... I thought I shall post it here in Far from the Forest...

P.S You made Tomas look like an idiot in your logs... it's HILL-AIR-EE-US... I wanna plot up something for that poor green-haired boy....

@Furetchen

You're getting the picture of this thread..... Apparently this thread is not only applying on Fire Emblem only... I'm applying this also to the other games that everyone have played... after that... yeah... fanboy and fangirl mode on! XDDD

Who the fuck could like Brad Vickers? He's the asshole that made RE1 happen, and then he got tentacle raped and died. The only useful thing he did was have the locker key to get alternate costumes.

My process...

1.) Does character look appealing

2.) Are they awesome

It's guaranteed to work every time.

There are two different evaluations for male and females.

Males:

I'm a sucker for loyal characters, really. Sirius, who's dead loyal to his friends and would risk everything for them, Seth, who's loyal as fuck to his country, Fin, Lenster's greatest knight, and Marcus, serving three generations of Pherae rulers and is still badass as ever all fit this category. Shanan actually fits the description too. 19 years later and he's still blaming himself for Deirdre. Takes some serious devotion to his duty to Sigurd, man. Sigurd, too, for the loyalty he showed to his friends, all Camus archetypes, for the loyalty they show to their lords. Abel, for the devotion to his wife (who don't deserve a man such as he), there are more, of course.

If you're a long-haired swordsman, you can bypass that criteria, because chances are, you're a loner anyway, unless you're Shanan or Joshua. That's okay. As long as your personality is not completely repulsive (and that takes a lot), you're in. Yeah. I know. It's because they're hot, but eh.

Any and all Ogmas are automatically in. This is FE only, but w/e. I like dem Ogmas way too much.

Also, I like hot butlers.

Females:

You gotta be badass. The closer you are to an Amazon, the better. The more ass you kick, the more points you get with me. I just watched HP7 a while ago, and Hermione kicked a ton of ass there. Epic. Lakche and Ayra. OMG. Overkill to the extreme. Especially Lakche with all of Ayra's skills and more better stats due to dad, but personality is a factor too. The more aggressive and Amazon-like, the better. Though, cruel bitches are out of this catergory. All I want is badassery. Other non-FE examples are Izumi and Olivia from FMA.

But I'm a lot more varied with male characters than with female characters. Though if you're a female character that doesn't play damsel in distress to often, you still got a shot.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I don't really have an elaborate PROCESS for liking characters. I mean, seriously, I'm not some kind of machine. I just like characters when I like them.

That said, I like a wide variety of characters. They usually have to impress me in some way (similar to real people). Take Dio Brando, for example. I never thought I would like a completely evil character like Dio, but I did! Though I guess in the end, I have an affinity for holy men and honourable warrior kinds. And gentlemen, can't forget them.

Females:

You gotta be badass. The closer you are to an Amazon, the better. The more ass you kick, the more points you get with me. I just watched HP7 a while ago, and Hermione kicked a ton of ass there. Epic. Lakche and Ayra. OMG. Overkill to the extreme. Especially Lakche with all of Ayra's skills and more better stats due to dad, but personality is a factor too. The more aggressive and Amazon-like, the better. Though, cruel bitches are out of this catergory. All I want is badassery. Other non-FE examples are Izumi and Olivia from FMA.

You should watch Soul Eater. You'd like Maka.

Maybe I DO go through all or some of that in my head when selecting my favorite character. Or some other factor you mentioned. However, it all happens unconsciously so I really don't know for sure what it is about that character that just clicks. And I don't bother with trying to analyze them either to find out why, since I don't care. They're my favorite characters, that's all that matters. Oh, wait, nobody cares about that either.

Edited by Proto

They start off being hated and have to earn their way up by being generally decent people. If you play a major role in the story you need to earn twice as many nice-guy points than other people because I extremely hate spotlight hogs.