HHM Playlog

Colonel M

Listing the goals individually:

- Lowest Turncount possible; however

- The main catch is that I'm going to purposely go toward Linus's route to the best of my abilities. This means that I will be costing turns along the way. I'm not sure what a good buffer line is, so I'm just going to have to be careful with feeding kills. This means I probably have to do something like 15 Lyn, 15 Eliwood, and 20 Hector. Considering that chapters are going to take a lot shorter than normal, I'm trying to plan it out as best as I can.

- I will attempt to be flexible with goals. I know I'm known for hypocrisy and I know I'm known for attempting to hammer Casual Efficiency and knowing that Maximum Efficiency guidelines exist. How much more inefficient I will be, I don't really know to be certain.

- Remember kids, I'm a guy that is the next Duke Nuke 'Em: Forever. If this play log isn't finished... well, you probably know why.

*Cough*. Here's LM crap. Florina got both Robe + Ring.

P - 6/6 Turns

C1 - 5/11 Turns

C2 - 5/16 Turns

C3 - 5/21 Turns

C4 - 8/29 Turns

C5 - 4/33 Turns

C6 - 4/37 Turns

C7 - 3/40 Turns

C8 - 5/45 Turns

C9 - 5/50 Turns

C10 - 6/56 Turns

Lucius (3.97)
Wil (2.41)
Rath (7.42)
Wallace (2.55) - 34 HP | 16 Str | 10 Skl | 8 Spd | 10 Luck | 18 Def | 6 Res
Serra (2.55) -  17 HP | 2 Mag | 5 Skl | 9 Spd | 7 Luck | 2 Def | 5 Res
Dorcas (7.06) - 32 HP | 9 Str | 10 Skl | 6 Spd | 5 Luck | 3 Def | 1 Res
Matthew (5.95) - 21 HP | 4 Str | 5 Skl | 11 Spd | 2 Luck | 4 Def | 1 Res
Erk (5.62) - 20 HP | 6 Mag | 7 Skl | 9 Spd | 4 Luck | 2 Def | 7 Res
Nils (2.20) - Who cares?
Sain (7.34) - 23 HP | 12 Str | 5 Skl | 9 Spd | 6 Luck | 8 Def | 1 Res
Kent (7.19) - 26 HP | 7 Str | 10 Skl | 10 Spd | 5 Luck | 6 Def | 2 Res
Florina (7.02) - 27 HP | 10 Str | 11 Skl | 13 Spd | 10 Luck | 4 Def | 6 Res
Lyn (9.34) - 23 HP | 6 Str | 12 Skl | 14 Spd | 10 Luck | 5 Def | 5 Res

[spoiler=Chapters]Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 13X

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

Turncounts

11 - 6/6/62     15 - 8/37/93
12 - 4/10/66
13 - 6/16/72
13X - 8/24/80
14 - 5/29/85

Note: This is played on my GBA. That means no screenshots or videos or what not. Sorry guys and gals to dissapoint. Like I probably will within a month. Ah well, give me motivation to finish this game!

Edited by Tyranel M

Chapter 11 - Another Journey

Turns - 6/6/62

Funds - Red Gem

This strategy was actually found by mistake while I was playing, believe it or not. It is a bit RNG dependent, but it is fairly easy to pull off. The only requirement is using 1 measly RN, but the return is just beating this piece of crap chapter easier. I tested this on my transfer and a regular new game on HHM. Here's the strat below:

Turn 1: Hector and Matthew break the wall. Matthew should go 2 L 1 U.

Turn 2: Hector moves 2 L and KOes the Soldier with the Hand Axe, Matthew starts hitting the Archer above him by going 3 L 1 U 1 L.

Turn 3: Matthew moves 1 D and kills Archer, Hector moves 4 L and takes the Vulnerary.

Turn 4: Matthew moves 4 L 1 D and unlocks the door, Hector moves 3 L 2 D.

Turn 5: Hector moves 2 D 3 L. This should cause the cursor to move differently. Matthew moves 1 U 5 R and sits patiently for the Thief.

Turn 6: Matthew moves 2 D and gets the Red Gem from the Thief and Hector moves 2 L 3 D to KO Wire with Wolf Beil (crit).

Somehow, I got Hector to avoid two hits from Wire too while randomly testing, but I wasn't able to remember what I exactly did with that.

Hector (2.63) - 20 HP | 8 Str | 4 Skl | 6 Spd | 4 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
Matthew (6.51) - 22 HP | 4 Str | 5 Skl | 12 Spd | 2 Luck | 5 Def | 1 Res

Edited by Tyranel M

That's pretty similar to my

, actually, though definitely a few minor differences.

The 1 RN is the only thing that's important to be honest. Though, seems like you beat me to the punch. :(

Also for other notes:

Chapter 2 took 5 Turns because I missed a hit with Sain against Glass.

Chapter 5 was just laziness. I didn't look at play logs for turn counts.

Chapter 7 was due to my crappy Florina. /me punts

Chapter 10 should be obvious.

Chapter 7 was due to my crappy Florina. /me punts

What's chapter 7 again? The one where you get Lucius, right?

*Checks how many turns you ran it*

Fuck, 3 turns and you're complaining? You can do this chapter in 2 turns...I guess I just really hate Florina then.

The 1 RN is the only thing that's important to be honest. Though, seems like you beat me to the punch. :(

Indeed, but it looks like your Hector gained speed, so perhaps there were some other differences on one of the enemy phases due to the relative position differences. Not to mention that having Hector grab the vulnerary here from Matt is a much better idea than trying to pass it to him in Ch12. While, yes, you do have Serra in the top area and she could in theory get her heal on, sometimes Hector's surroundings might be too dangerous for her, and if he has a vulnerary for emergency purposes, I could easily see that being another point in favor of how you worked it.

And there's no shame in independent, co-discovery of similar, or even the same strategies.

Edited by Balcerzak

The hardest thing to calculate over the next chapters is getting to Linus's chapter in general for Geitz. Looking at everything so far, I have from Chapter 12 -> Chapter 24, which is 16 chapters. That isn't a whole lot of time, then consider 17X is over instantly. This is likely going to be a problem that's difficult to calculate. Hector has to climb 1.18 Levels, then Eliwood has to climb a level every freaking chapter. Who made such shitty requirements for this game, anyway?

Damn, this is not going to be easy while going completely as efficient as possible.

At least your Lyn is level 9 already. Though is it not possible to get her to like 10 or 11 to make this easier? Too late now, but it's just a question not a suggestion.

It's possible. You probably would have to spend another turn in a chapter, but that's about it. Lyn is fine though, her combat (while not defensively) exists with the Mani Katti being a good weapon and having the AS to double some of the faster enemies in the game.

Now, Eliwood on the other hand...

It's possible. You probably would have to spend another turn in a chapter, but that's about it. Lyn is fine though, her combat (while not defensively) exists with the Mani Katti being a good weapon and having the AS to double some of the faster enemies in the game.

Now, Eliwood on the other hand...

Wow. Are you with RF and me on "Lyn > Eliwood"? If so, awesome.

Wow. Are you with RF and me on "Lyn > Eliwood"? If so, awesome.

Isn't Lyndis > Eliw00t actually more of a fact than an opinion? LHM is usually assumed for Lyn, giving her a few levels of advantage over him. And both of their durabilities suck, so I prefer hitting hard than being so average.

Isn't Lyndis > Eliw00t actually more of a fact than an opinion? LHM is usually assumed for Lyn, giving her a few levels of advantage over him. And both of their durabilities suck, so I prefer hitting hard than being so average.

In my opinion, it could go either way. Eliwood has a few earlygame chapters where he's an extra hand to help out, but when she joins, Lyn just seems better. Especially if you did like RFoF and give her the LM stat boosters.

Chapter 12 - Birds of a Feather

Turns - 4/10/66

Gold - 3000 + Red Gem

Obtained

Secret Book
Iron Axe x2
Iron Sword

Sold

Secret Book - 4000

This chapter, well figuring out the 4 Turn part, involved using your head a little bit. The big key points are:

- What happens at the top

- Where Marcus is positioned on Turn 3

- Bartre and Rebecca getting the Secret Book

Turn 1: Moved Marcus to the fort after trading with Bartre for his Hand Axe. Equipped Hand Axe to KO Archer on Turn 1 Enemy Phase. Bartre and Rebecca move forward to the Secret Book village. Eliwood is behind Marcus as well as Lowen. Dorcas sits on a house to lure in the Pegasus Knight. Meanwhile at the top, Ozzy stays where he belong and Hector moves toward the forest with the Wolf Beil equipped.

Turn 2: Marcus moves to the next fort and equips the Iron Sword. Rebecca visits the village while Bartre sits right under her position. Hector and Matthew finish the Bandit and Pegasus Knight while I accidentally mispositioned Ozzy. It was supposed to have the Hand Axe Bandit attack Serra on the Enemy Phase while the Archer attacks Ozzy. Turns out the Javelin misses. FFS. Eliwood finishes off the Bandit and Lowen misses the Pegasus Knight, thus the kill went to Dorcas.

Turn 3: Rebecca can't take another minute of that fucking flying pony, so she finally pulls out her bow and does... 11 damage. :facepalm:. Bartre goes pro and finishes it off. Eliwood decides to attack the unstoppable Mercenary and Lowen moves to obtain the items at the shop. Meanwhile, Marcus moves 1 D 1 L away from the mountain to draw in one of the Pegasus Knights. Serra heals Matthew. Matthew goes after the Hand Axe Bandit and misses once, though he draws in the other Pegasus Knight. Hector and Oswin gang up on the Archer.

Turn 4: Clean up time! Matthew + Oswin finish off the Bandit while Hector finishes off the Pegasus Knight. Eliwood, Dorcas, and Bartre twiddle their thumbs. Marcus moves onto the mountain and equips the Silver Lance. Rebecca decides to go pro and sell her Secrets to the shop for 4,000 Gold. Dirty old man just wasn't able to show off his skills. Lowen goes to the Armory and picks a few things up, then on the Enemy Phase Zagan attacks Marcus. Marcus cries out "LEEROY JEIGAN" and finishes Zagan off with a fatal blow.

Hector (3.74) - 20 HP | 9 Str | 5 Skl | 6 Spd | 5 Luck | 8 Def | 1 Res
Eliwood (1.77)
Marcus (1.57)
Rebecca (1.12)
Lowen (2.11)
Bartre (2.33)
Oswin (9.17)
Serra (2.78)
Dorcas (7.32)
Matthew (7.28) - 23 HP | 5 Str | 5 Skl | 13 Spd | 3 Luck | 6 Def | 2 Res

Other Notes:

- Matthew hit C Swords
- Dorcas approaching B Axes
- Serra approaching C Staves

Edited by Tyranel M

Alright, time to ask the public a question:

Should I try to go to Geitz's Route?

I like to be different, but I will admit that it's pretty inefficient. The question, of course, is "how much more inefficient is it?" I was always curious in that regard, and I like bashing my head into a desk to figure things like this out. If I go Lloyd's route I'm not going to bother with recruiting everyone. I likely will skip Karla and Wallace altogether, then consider if I want Farina or not.

I'd rather have Geitz, but with how Gerge's playthrough looked with his Hector being at Level 11 in Chapter 19X, I'm a little scared to try.

Edited by Tyranel M

Remember, effeciency isn't "Pull the lowest turn-counts possible". Going through Geitz route might require you to train a strong flier character so they can reach Linus fast. Geitz is worth it. And you're only taking 8 more turns than you should be taking through Lloyd's route.

Edited by Soul

In my opinion, it could go either way. Eliwood has a few earlygame chapters where he's an extra hand to help out, but when she joins, Lyn just seems better. Especially if you did like RFoF and give her the LM stat boosters.

Eliwood's early game maps are not very good. He's better than, like, Rebecca, and maybe Bartre (Bartre hits harder but with less accuracy and can be doubled, but otherwise his durability is better). As long as I go through LHM and get a Lyn that's at least level 9, I've never known her to let me down, and Eliwood especially does not beat her.

Actually RF gave Florina the robe, I think. 'Twas the Energy Ring that went Lyn's way.

Precisely.

Well, yeah. A level 4 Lyn? Have fun with that.

Level 10 has 4 more hp, nearly 4 more spd and skl, 2 or 3 more str....

There's no "might" about it. Eliwood wins then.... Well, probably. She's still actually faster than he is (though he has a 2 con advantage so it's possible that with many weapons they are closer. However, she can just lean on Mani Katti a little more, then).