Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

@PKL: Don't ask me about rulechanges for FE12. I still haven't played it.

Anyways, why does Soul suck at making drafts?

He's lazy and forgetful about updating the OP (I've known him to forget to edit in his own picks repeatedly) and he C&Ps the tier list instead of my handy recruitment lists.

@Darros: Done.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, I'm about to start a LHM -> HNM FE7 draft for The Spanish Inquisition, I know where the HNM rules are but where are the LHM rules?

Also, the Hector rules have a typo:

3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 24x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.

They should both be 23x

Edited by CrashGordon94

Typo fixed. LHM rules have never been included because LHM has historically been not-assumed more often than not. The LHM+HNM drafts mostly date after the GRs' introduction, so I never bothered to cobble together LHM rules.

After a bit of research of HNM+LHM drafts... the main difference appears to let undrafted thieves open doors/chests for free, but combat still incurs a penalty (so you can make progress in Chapter 6, if you didn't draft Matthew [yes there are technically enough door keys, but the rule is reasonable enough]).

The other difference (probably originally personal/group choice made by Creeper's draft) appears tobe that Marcus isn't banned until after Dragon's Gate, instead of after Chapter 16.

...and that's it! Hope this helps start the draft more quickly! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Also, I'm really irritated that Second Pronoun claimed that LHM+HNM 3 was the 3rd LHM+HNM draft. Either the second one's not in the archives, or he was referring to the only LHM+HHM draft, Cam's draft w/ optional Lyn mode, or a gimmick draft I missed.

Edited by The Spanish Inquisition

Not sure about changing Marcus's ban time, though...

For Simplicity's sake, don't.

And while the previous drafts had Lyn completely free, that kinda messes up the drafting bit unless you add Wallace/Geitz to it dry.gif.

Let's go with Lyn only being free for her mode (she's still draftable).

That's what I thought.

Right, I'll start up the thread!

Also, the LHM -> HNM welcoming draft (#30796) has finished drafting!

5) Sharpoon: Florina, Isadora, Hawkeye, Dorcas, Vaida, Harken, Jaffar.

2) Refa: Sain, Oswin, Heath, Farina, Bartre/Karla, Louise, Renault.

3) Magnus Blade: Fiora, Raven, Rebecca, Serra, Eliwood, Legault, Nino.

4) Bolting: Kent, Priscilla, Pent, Canas, Matthew, Dart, Wil.

1) The Spanish Inquisition: Erk, Lowen, Lyn, Lucius, Guy, Rath, Karel.

Edited by CrashGordon94

I've finished Cam's FE4 Draft IV #26186 in 229 turns. Various things in the draft made me chuckle, like Aideen going last, Ayra going first, Cam threatening to give somebody Aideen due to absence, and somebody (can't remember who) saying that the fourth person in FE4 drafts always win. How times have changed.

I've finished Cam's FE4 Draft IV #26186 in 229 turns. Various things in the draft made me chuckle, like Aideen going last, Ayra going first, Cam threatening to give somebody Aideen due to absence, and somebody (can't remember who) saying that the fourth person in FE4 drafts always win. How times have changed.

Nostalgia...

All I know now is that I made that draft while I still had the record - obviously times have changed.

nowadays i'd threaten to stick someone with briggid

Shin is idling like a lameface so here you go.

The New 1st Gen Shin Patch draft! (30776) has finished drafting.

Horace: Cuan, Noish, Alec, Fury, Briggid

Darros: Azel, Lachesis, Dew, Tiltyu, Beowulf

Bobflac: Lex, Aideen, Midir, Levin, Ayra

Refa: Ethlin, Ardan, Fin, Claude, Holyn

I have a bit of a suggestion for the FE7 Normal Mode rulesets, I'd suggest that instead of saying "Marcus is banned after Chapter 15/16", it should say "Marcus is banned from Chapter 16/17 onwards, inclusive". Just to make it clear that he's available for that last chapter.

Oh, I don't think he reported it but Peppy's draft (30801) finished drafting a while ago

Teams:

3) Peppy: Kent, Lucius, Farina, Canas, Harken, Louise, Jaffar

2) Iron Champion: Sain, Oswin, Fiora, Guy, Matthew, Karel, Wil

1) Refa: Florina, Priscilla, Heath, Isadora, Dart, Nino, Vaida

4) Blues003: Lowen, Raven, Erk, Lyn, Hawkeye, Rebecca, Legault

5) Doka: Rath, Pent, Eliwood, Serra, Dorcas, Bartre/Karla, Renault

@clipsety: check

@Crash: If in doubt, you can check the logs. If it's there, well. :P

They're even sorted by game and then by topic number to make things remarkably easy to find.