Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

I don't understand the second part, but the 133 is in the logs.

I saw some posts up the whole thing about the absolute lowest turncount in Feds. 131 is the lowest, though it requires a warp use (not on marth) and the early seize in chapter 19. Not that it actually has any relevance to drafts, I just threw it out there for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for the add. Now it's time to get those logs typed up and posted. >___<

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LHM+HNM 3 is done drafting

Toon Link- Florina, Raven, Pent, Farina, Louise, Rebecca

Silver Harpoon- Sain, Heath, Priscilla, Oswin, Hawkeye, Bartre+Karla

Racer- Kent, Fiora, Guy, Serra, Harken, Canas

13thshadow- Lowen, Matthew, Legault, Vaida, Jaffar, Nino

eclipse- Dorcas, Rath, Isadora, Lucius, Dart, Erk

Edited by Banjo Kazooie

I also totally forgot to mention I finished the Soyo Reclass draft (fe11) in 138 turns. In probably a week, i'll have great computer acces again and I think i'll be able to up all those logs in one go.

Happy first birthday, drafting thread~!

Sal, mind explaining what you mean by "warp use"?

Wait, it's the DTE birthday? :O

Gratz DTE and Integ!

And with warp use (mind you, this was not my draft run, just a run I did with the same team + lena for the warp), I warped a unit with full inventory and a master key into the boots room so the boots went to convoy, so marth got them early, it speeds up the chapter by one turn.

Basically the same as in fe12, where Julian/rickard sends them to convoy. Except to make use of it for this you need warp. So the minimum of fe11 is 131 turns.

First: A very happy birthday to this wonderful explanation topic! Good work, Integrity.

Second: Red Fox finished her Should Haar be banned Draft in 199 turns, if I recall correctly. I don't think we ever found out how she 5 turned 4-4, though.

Also, the absolute minimum for FEDS is 128 with warp allowed on non Marth units, just warp a unit in endgame. Warp should absolutely be banned anyway.

I have nothing to report, I'm just several days late.

@Crash: Did not, check.

@RD: YAY RD! Was that ever actually completed, though? I remember it was her theoretical turncount, but nobody ever got back to me on whether she finished.

Hey Integ. Mind putting a clause somewhere in the FE10 rules stating whether 2-P is counted as 8 or 9 and 3-7 counted as 12 or 13. IMO it should be 8 and 12 because thats how many turns you actually had action for. The game is lying.

Where are these results logged anyway?

PREFACE THE THIRD

The good ol' logs are now in Post 2.

^^

Logged, too. Cheers.

EDIT: @PKL: I've always done it that way, and Soul and I only argued about it once. It could probably stand to be standardized, though, for all games with Defense maps that don't clear even if you clear the map.

So DTE, do we make it the turns+1 that FE does by default, or go for displayed turns since Player Phase X+1 never actually comes?

Edited by Integrity

One fairly weak argument for turns+1: if you can end the map early by defeating a boss, that means teams that defeat the boss on the last turn are rewarded vs teams that don't defeat the boss at all, which seems like an overall positive to me. The only real negative I can think of is aesthetic ("OMG the game is doing it wrong"); turns+1 applies to everyone, so it can't be called "unfair" in any meaningful way.

ETA: turns+1 also simplifies things when you verify your total turncount vs. the summary screen in the Epilogue.

Edited by zahlman

I should get on finishing Part 4 of the EM draft. I got bored of it. If I get less than 56 turns in part 4 (which is really probable, I always get like 40-44 turns in part 4) Then, I win the draft :o. Lolhaar

So DTE, do we make it the turns+1 that FE does by default, or go for displayed turns since Player Phase X+1 never actually comes?

I vote for the latter as I always argued in the past. Zahlman's above argument is reasonable, but this clause only needs to exist for maps that can't be completed sooner.