WTF is up with the release date?

I don't think "literally" means what you think it means.

Unless the comments are as large, blunt, and heavy as mallets...

Maybe he used "literally" figuratively. I do it all the time.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Nintendo's most recent update on Facebook, there is no plans on releasing those 3 Wii game that were requested. Would this be a good time to try for FE12 then? FE is a core Nintendo series, so I would think it's more likely

Nintendo of America? Because Xenosaga is coming out in Europe around September 2 this year, I think.

Just America, we got the butt end of the stick. Europe did get a release, we didn't.

Well, someone in Nintendo's PR department needs to be fired over that little stunt. I completely understand it if they decided it wouldn't be financially wise to localize them. But the whole "check back for an update soon!" bullshit got everyone's hopes up, which was unnecessarily cruel.

No mention of Shin Monshou, which was spammed PLENTY in that thread. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

ajhsdf.kjashflkzmxnvlkjashfliuawehc.m,hiaulwhefliuasjdhfbaskjdfbaksldfhaSKDLFHALSKDFH

I'm sick of game companies pulling this bullshit. They seem to intentionally piss off their customers for the fun of it. I think I've had enough. It's not like I would mind having one less thing to distract me from all the stuff I have during the school year.

I don't think a FE12 release campaign would be wise any time soon. This whole Operation Rainfall thing has got people all in a flurry, and I don't think people are going to want to join yet another very similar movement any time soon. OR got people in an adrenaline rush for the games, organizing in mere days, with a huge response almost immediately. My prediction is the whole thing will implode with Nintendo's recent announcement, as much of the optimistic hype is now wearing off. I hope not, but that's my gut feeling. And another campaign right on the heels of this as-of-yet not successful one is unlikely to do anything. Also, trying to piggyback on this campaign is probably useless, since I'm sure Nintendo has stopped reading the thousands of comments and is instead just looking at the total.

I really have given up hope for a localized FE12, as much as it hurts to say it.

Ok then. We'll stop spamming AND BUYING anything Nintendo is selling. I'm not buying a 3DS or Wii U unless FE12 is released. Nintendo should at least give us that much. But I don't care if the game is released in Europe, since I have a lite. I fly to Europe every year.

Ok then. We'll stop spamming AND BUYING anything Nintendo is selling. I'm not buying a 3DS or Wii U unless FE12 is released. Nintendo should at least give us that much. But I don't care if the game is released in Europe, since I have a lite. I fly to Europe every year.

Unless you organize a large number of people to join you, and these people ACTUALLY all stop buying Nintendo products for a prolonged period of time, and you make it clear to Nintendo what your demands are and how many people are with you, this is an ultimately futile gesture.

I would support you in this, if it looked like you were gaining significant traction. But you are not the first person to echo this sentiment.

Rather than specifically focus on Shin Monshou or the Rainfall titles, I would hope to campaign against the larger issue: the way Nintendo of America immediately stop supporting the older system the moment the new one is announced. They've pulled that stunt with every new console and handheld they've ever released. It's why we didn't get Mother, or Seiken Densetsu 3, or Terranigma (which was translated by friggin' NoA and released in Europe!), or Mother 3. And it's likely why we're not getting Shin Monshou or the Rainfall titles. It is utterly infuriating.

So Nintendo can give us the finger all it wants, but we shouldn't do anything about it? I haven't bought a game so far this year, and I don't think I'll buy one at least for a Nintendo system. Not even just because I'm really upset with them because they refuse to translate games I want. They refuse to translate basically ALL of the games I'm interested in, so there ISN'T anything for me to buy.

Edited by Rewjeo

Buy flashcards and never buy a game again!

Oh wait. Not the topic?

--

Etzel has a pretty amazing point. If we could somehow band together (as in, many, many people; 10,000?) and send letters to Nintendo, e-mails, phone calls, whatever, state the clear issue, then our grievances, I think Nintendo would get the point. I think we'd win. But like this, like this is not good enough. We'll never get what we want this way. We aren't respected enough when we act in this fashion. Like any successful rebellious group, or protest, we need to be organized, forthright, angry, and charismatic toward the issue at-hand.

I'm willing to start/join a Facebook page where we muster up the people needed, then proceed spamming Nintendo outside of Facebook and in a formal/semi-formal way.

Buy flashcards and never buy a game again!

Oh wait. Not the topic?

--

Etzel has a pretty amazing point. If we could somehow band together (as in, many, many people; 10,000?) and send letters to Nintendo, e-mails, phone calls, whatever, state the clear issue, then our grievances, I think Nintendo would get the point. I think we'd win. But like this, like this is not good enough. We'll never get what we want this way. We aren't respected enough when we act in this fashion. Like any successful rebellious group, or protest, we need to be organized, forthright, angry, and charismatic toward the issue at-hand.

I'm willing to start/join a Facebook page where we muster up the people needed, then proceed spamming Nintendo outside of Facebook and in a formal/semi-formal way.

So... Operation Rainfall. that's exactly what they're doing. A letter-writing campaign starts soon for all the titles, alongside the existing spam on facebook, twitter, and Amazon. And good luck getting 10,000 people to support any cause like this. Even OR only has a couple thousand, and they've been spread through virtually every resource on the internet. Which is exactly the problem. We core Nintendo gamers are just not a big enough faction to cause significant risk for Nintendo. All these threats of not buying Nintendo are useless, since Nintendo is in no way reliant on hardcore gamers for their money. What do you think those days of waiting for a statement were for? They were calculating if they could afford to piss us off. And the answer was obviously yes.

Also, since FE12 was much less publicized than Last Story and Xenoblade, I have no doubt that we would have even worse results than OR, which at the moment is not so appealing (though they're not done yet).

10,000 isn't a lot of people. Either way Nintendo won't give in to a small amount of people, protest or boycott. Nintendo wants sales in 100Ks. So personally I'm not getting s*** from Nintendo, well it has been years since I bought anything from Nintendo, I have an "alternative" way of playing games.

So... Operation Rainfall. that's exactly what they're doing. A letter-writing campaign starts soon for all the titles, alongside the existing spam on facebook, twitter, and Amazon. And good luck getting 10,000 people to support any cause like this. Even OR only has a couple thousand, and they've been spread through virtually every resource on the internet. Which is exactly the problem. We core Nintendo gamers are just not a big enough faction to cause significant risk for Nintendo. All these threats of not buying Nintendo are useless, since Nintendo is in no way reliant on hardcore gamers for their money. What do you think those days of waiting for a statement were for? They were calculating if they could afford to piss us off. And the answer was obviously yes.

Also, since FE12 was much less publicized than Last Story and Xenoblade, I have no doubt that we would have even worse results than OR, which at the moment is not so appealing (though they're not done yet).

Very good point Nintendo has really steered away from the hardcore gamers to many more family friendly games. I had 25+ games for the Gamecube but havent found many games that didnt seem to appeal to 10 year olds or large groups i only have about 10 Wii games and I am actually having more luck finding early DS games that appeal to more intense gamers

You're right, Operation Rainfall is our best shot at this. I sent them an email asking them to consider focusing on NoA's policy of dropping support for the old system whenever a new one is announced. Hopefully, I was persuasive.

If our best shot is OR when NoA has pretty clearly shown they don't give a flying fuck about these games, then what's the point?

If our best shot is OR when NoA has pretty clearly shown they don't give a flying fuck about these games, then what's the point?

Precisely. There is no point. We are not getting FE12. With a slew of big-name 3DS games coming this fall and Layton and Dragon Quest to tide over DS owners, the chances of Nintendo bringing over another text-heavy RPG are slim to none. Face it, we got screwed by NoA, just like pretty much everybody else at this point.

I'd like to note that in the most recent issue of Nintendo Power, there is a letter from a reader claiming that FE needs more respect from gamers. I disagree. It needs more respect from NoA. How can any series do well when it is never advertised, never talked about, and in this case never even released?

This just doesn't make sense, though. By not localizing those games (as well as others, such as FE12) Nintendo is just losing millions of dollars both from purchases of those games and from purchases many offended fans will not make in the future.

How many purchases, though? Nintendo knows that most of these fans are still going to buy SSB4/Mario/Zelda/what have you later in the future anyway.

This just doesn't make sense, though. By not localizing those games (as well as others, such as FE12) Nintendo is just losing millions of dollars both from purchases of those games and from purchases many offended fans will not make in the future.

The idea is that with the 3DS coming out with all it's games flooding in, basically anything off the DS will not really be bought since there would be a lack of attention, or otherwise people would be too busy spending money on the 3DS to be doing so on these games. The thought process is basically that at the moment, something else is selling so well that these other things wouldn't sell nearly as well as they could because another thing is being such a huge distraction. The timing was off, you could say.

Or at least that's what I would think of it, because I'm probably entirely wrong. However, if that's the correct way to look at it, it's still silly that they would just say "it won't happen ever" because after the 3DS opening thing starts to calm down, they can just pump out the last few things for the DS and other things just to get the last of it out of the way. It's not like the 3DS instantly killed the DS and Wii altogether.

However, I'm not broken up about it. I don't really care about the games that the rainfall thing wants, and I imported FE12 almost instantly after it came out because I'm that rabid a fan of the series. They got my money anyways, so it's a bit late for that. Besides, helps me learn a language. Even if I didn't though, I wouldn't get so butthurt over a few games not getting released as though it never happened before as to stop me from getting something new to play games that I'd be excited about (and games of old too. Been too long since I last played Link's Awakening).

Also, love how this topic has basically gone through bipolarism and the 5 stages of grief.

I'll probably end up importing it (glad I have a DS Lite. Seriously, what is the point of region locking systems?) and I do know some Japanese, but from what I remember of emulating this game, there's a lot of really advanced stuff in it that you can't just learn from a middle school/high school class. Especially since the stuff I've learned is not conversational, with some exceptions. I could get by in Japan fine, but I would really struggle even with making this post in Japanese, unless whoever I was typing to didn't mind random English words/phrases in there.

I also don't care that much about the OR games, but the idea behind it something that I certainly support and Nintendo doing what it did really annoys me. And it's not like it's the first time Nintendo (or other companies) has done something seemingly only to piss off their customers. Is there some reason behind it? Yes, there is. But I, at least, would rather see a company that cares about making good games than making good money, and it's not like Nintendo couldn't do both very easily.