WTF is up with the release date?

Uh, no. This was pretty much the release schedule, the last hope for FE12. It's got titles from last E3 being given release windows, it's got titles that weren't showcased at E3, it's not just "a compilation of the titles revealed during E3." This is their release schedule for this next year. New things CAN be added, but the likeliness of a semi-major IP release not making the schedule and coming out is quite slim. DS is on the way out, FE12 isn't on this list (this is the last year that really should see any serious non-shovelware DS development). I'd definitely say this is the nail in the coffin we've been waiting for.

Edited by Rodimus Supreme OVERTROLL

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, no. This was pretty much the release schedule, the last hope for FE12. It's got titles from last E3 being given release windows, it's got titles that weren't showcased at E3, it's not just "a compilation of the titles revealed during E3." This is their release schedule for this next year. New things CAN be added, but the likeliness of a semi-major IP release not making the schedule and coming out is quite slim. DS is on the way out, FE12 isn't on this list (this is the last year that really should see any serious non-shovelware DS development). I'd definitely say this is the nail in the coffin we've been waiting for.

What I mean is that that is the exact same list of release dates that Nintendo revealed right after their E3 conference. We've known about it for days now.

It definitely lowers the chance of the game getting localized, but Nintendo also releases schedules separetely for every quarter, and sometimes new stuff gets added. While I'm certainly not against a fan translation, I'll be waiting until the end of the year before throwing the towel.

Just because it's been out for a few days doesn't decrease its validity. And how many times does hope of localization have to be reduced? The only sign we've seen is some poorly translated title crop up in a Nintendo Power list and a speculative IGN article. When it comes to localizing games, silence is generally a 'no.' No word from Intelligent Systems on this game being localized, none whatsoever. But okay, let's wait another 6 months. Maybe while we wait, 2Pac will be found alive, Atlantis will rise from the oceans, or maybe the rapture will happen (again)?

Please note that the time between Japanese release and American release of FE11 was 9 months, and it's been almost a full year now since FE12 was released in Japan. Please also note that the UK got FE11 one month before us, and that there were trailers for it at least one month before that.

It's not coming, bro. Your false optimism will only make the downfall of realizing the truth that much more painful.

"Waiting" and clinging to false hope are not equivalent. I'd be more than happy to wait if FE12 was coming, and I'd be even happier if it were announced after the release schedule. All signs say no, there is hardly evidence to even say "maybe."

Nah, it's not a big deal. Even if it never comes, I can always play the translation.

And I've already been disappointed with plenty of games not getting localized that one more hardly means much. Mother 3, Trace Memory 2, Edgeworth 2. I've also pretty much given up on Xenoblade and Last Story.

Really, it's hardly a big deal.

Basically I agree with Jave. FE12 came out in the middle of console transition and is the member of a series that doesn't have to be localized. If there are future Fire Emblem games released at a better time they'll probably be localized. Key word: "if" there are future Fire Emblem games. Who knows what the future holds on that front? FE12 could very well be the last entry.

I'm not optimistic, but I think that there's a minute chance of it still coming out.

If it doesn't come out, I won't ever have a physical copy, and I'll have to wait for a "fanslation."

On the other hand, I won't have to spend money to get it. Hm....

Can I just point out that on that poll on GameFAQS, FE beat Kirby, F-Zero, Paper Mario, and Super Mario. I'm holding onto hope if only because it would be retarded of Nintendo to not localize a game that beat some very popular series (TWO MARIO SERIES) in a poll on a site that, I would assume but I'm not sure, has a rather wide group of gamers. And if it doesn't get officially localized, there are ways around that. You can always speak to the companies with your money, too.

Nintendo's sales care nothing for your site's votes, and I assure you that Kirby and Mario have been selling their games much better than Fire Emblem has been, in North America, for the past 3 FE titles. Please also note that in North America, FE11 only sold $~240,000 worth, which is $~60,000 less than the previous handheld title sold. FE9 and 10 also didn't sell that well in NA

Don't really see why some small internet community would influence a global business :/

But, I'm with Arch on hoping for future FE titles to get translated. Maybe something on the Wii U. Wouldn't that be nice?

Edited by seph1212

It's not coming, bro.

I wouldn't say it so definitively just yet. I think we're at least at the point where we can say we shouldn't be expecting it, but it'll take more time before we can say, with near certainty, that it's definitely not coming.

Don't really see why some small internet community would influence a global business :/

Not saying it'll influence a global business, but I don't think GameFAQs counts as a "small internet community."

another thing i've been thinking about is the sheer amount of text in FE12. if nintendo had to decide between translating that vs translating animal crossing, i'm sure it was an easy choice. it makes it easier to understand why they chose not to add support conversations to FE11 also.

Edited by geozeldadude

another thing i've been thinking about is the sheer amount of text in FE12. if nintendo had to decide between translating that vs translating animal crossing, i'm sure it was an easy choice. it makes it easier to understand why they chose not to add support conversations to FE11 also.

Not adding support convos because it'd be easier to translate that way? That would be the lamest reason ever.

Not adding support convos because it'd be easier to translate that way? That would be the lamest reason ever.

but perfectly feasible. as we've seen time and time again, much as we love them nintendo is in this to make money, not to cater to a particular subset of fans.

I wasn't saying that that poll should influence sales. I'm saying that a series that can beat those kinds of games should not be ignored.

And if Nintendo doesn't care about stuff like that, then I'll tell them what I think with something they actually care about- my money. Don't like what a company is doing, don't give 'em your money.

The only reason I haven't given up all hope is because I don't see the logic in not releasing it internationally.

this makes sense...but it would also b illogical to release it overseas 11+ months after the initial release and not announce it at E3