WTF is up with the release date?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In completely different news, Layton 4 on the Nintendo DS is getting localized:

http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/05/professor_layton_and_the_last_specter_coming_to_america

This gives me some hope that Nintendo is planning to show DS games at E3. **Fingers crossed**

Holy crap, how haven't I heard about this yet!? Thank you sir, you just made my day!

As for FE12, I dearly hope it is announced for international release at E3. If it isn't, then I really don't see any hope for it. And given that E3 will be focused on the Cafe and the 3DS, my hopes aren't real high. Showing off DS games when you're trying to convince consumers to upgrade to a new (expensive) console seems rather counterproductive. But I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Edited by Ragnell

Just curious. I was reading about E3 and found out it isn't open to anyone but "professionals". Because of this, if Fire Emblem New Mystery is announced at the event, when will we hear about it?

Likely the day of Nintendo's media briefing. Either it'll be listed in a release calendar doc on the press website after the briefing, it'll show up during the briefing as part of Nintendo's annual "let's mash 30 seconds of video for each game together as part of a long trailer showing what we have coming out" segment, or it'll be somewhere at their booth/area, I would imagine.

Don't forget, Nintendo's media briefing will be streamed online, Spike will probably cover it as part of their GTTv coverage, and any press members at the briefing will likely take pictures and liveblog the event. So, there are plenty of chances to see if, if it's there.

EDIT @Ragnell - Don't forget that the 3DS can still play DS games. So, just because you're hyping people to buy your newly launched product doesn't mean that there won't be stuff for things that it still supports.

Edited by Lord Glenn

i really dont see this happening at E3 but hopefully im wrong

Fire Emblem games tend to get announcements and/or trailers at E3, based on historical precedent.

If it's not at this E3, then I'd be concerned, considering that next year I'd believe Nintendo to want to go full-swing on the 3DS and faze out of older DS/DSi games.

It's quite unlikely you're going to hear anything about Fire Emblem there. Fire Emblem is not a huge series for Nintendo outside of Japan, or at least, not one they're going to be trumpeting on. If it's going to be shown at E3, it probably would have been announced for localization earlier in some way or other. However, there is a slight chance you may see it casually appearing on the showcase floor as just another title--which has a bit more possibility, if Nintendo feels like endorsing some push for oversea titles getting translations still for the DS, which NoA has somewhat officially endorsed.

If E3 says something, it's going to be from the waysides of some journalist who happened to see a playbooth of it in the rest of Nintendo's sea. It's not going to be taunted at some conference (unless somehow part of that NDS-trans push)

Edited by Celice

EDIT @Ragnell - Don't forget that the 3DS can still play DS games. So, just because you're hyping people to buy your newly launched product doesn't mean that there won't be stuff for things that it still supports.

I know that 3DS is backwards compatible. It's just that at this point Nintendo needs to convince people to upgrade to a new system, and showing titles that they can play anyways isn't really going to help with that. It could happen, don't get me wrong, especially as part of some little "We still support DS" montage, but I just think it's a tad unlikely to be announced alone, especially since it is FE.

but I just think it's a tad unlikely to be announced alone, especially since it is FE.

No one ever said it would be.

So far we have the "new" Layton and DQMJ2 pretty likely (first has a trademark, the 2nd has a release date burried on Nintendo's site) at minimum.

Edited by deuxhero

It's almost time for the e3 conference!

In approx. 1 minute plus five minutes of filing-in time, we'll begin to find out if there's an international release of NM likely in the cards!

edit: one last order of business? Wii U? No NM on E3 so far? Likely near end of presentation?

Complaining time, anyone?

Edited by shadowjam

It's almost time for the e3 conference!

In approx. 1 minute plus five minutes of filing-in time, we'll begin to find out if there's an international release of NM likely in the cards!

edit: one last order of business? Wii U? No NM on E3 so far? Likely near end of presentation?

Complaining time, anyone?

Nintendo doesn't announce everything in the Press Conference - in fact, many -major- announcements are not done in them. (Rather imfamously, Super Smash Bros. Brawl should be remembered as an example here.)

Now, when the whole E3 goes with no mention of NM...

No one ever said it would be.

So far we have the "new" Layton and DQMJ2 pretty likely (first has a trademark, the 2nd has a release date burried on Nintendo's site) at minimum.

When was DQJM2's date put up? I loved its first release, haven't gotten around to the professional mode yet. If it is getting localized, I hope they go after the professional release rather than the original... @_@

Nintendo doesn't announce everything in the Press Conference - in fact, many -major- announcements are not done in them. (Rather imfamously, Super Smash Bros. Brawl should be remembered as an example here.)

Now, when the whole E3 goes with no mention of NM...

Normally, it would be true, but given the time constraint set by the power of the 3ds succession announcement, combined with Nintendo's focus on pokemon and their new hardware, they may not have the manpower to multi-task to get everything done, so they may have to skip some tasks to focus on more important stuff, but had they possessed sufficient employee numbers, then not only NM would have appeared at e3, given the dates announced for other games there, but they might not have to be busy focusing on their new hardware, but it would be logical for them to switch to NM with the additional employees after they finish pokemon, meaning it's likely that e3 could be the last realistic opportunity for NM, as they won't likely have enough time to release it as-is, or without the power of the 3ds port-plus-final-licensed-predecessor-release(just like Twilight Princess, which was released on the Wii first, then the NGC as the final licensed game for that platform in Japan, with a couple 3rd-party games released elsewhere afterward before it was D/C'ed), before the console fades into the history books as D/C'ed, but that does not mean the death of fire emblem for the non-Japanese, or at least as a whole, and who knows if the next FE to come stateside would be FE13, provided no fan campaign is successful in changing that, of course...

Edited by shadowjam

When was DQJM2's date put up? I loved its first release, haven't gotten around to the professional mode yet. If it is getting localized, I hope they go after the professional release rather than the original... @_@

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/608644-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-2-professional/59320377

Given how much was changed in the US release of the first game, it's reasonable that "Professional" is simply the "International" version (That is: Professional is based on what will be the US release).

That said, Nintendo still has something at the end of E3 right?

Edited by deuxhero

bHC6Z.png

You can clearly see the Kirby logo that it's for the DS, but that's it as far as that system goes.

Guess hope has gone to the floor after this. Well, guess I'll just wait for the patch.

it seems pretty obvious their plan is to announce their DS and Wii lineup outside the main presentation. check out this quote from IGN:

"...expect to hear news outside of the press conference. Not only in the form of impressions, videos and a few interviews, but I would make sure you're checking the IGN Nintendo sites on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. I will have live blogs fired up. Just saying."

so i'm still hoping to hear some more announcements.