WTF is up with the release date?

From a business point of view, it can be said that Nintendo did a smart thing in waiting until after the commotions of PKMN B/W, 3DS, and soon the unveiling of the new Wii. Probably around this year's holiday season the game will be released. But from our point of view, we don't care we just want the f***in game out already!

:lol:

Edited by JosefLior

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is NOA dumping DS1? Or is an E3 miracle brewing?

^ At this rate, by the time FE12 is confirmed for the USA, if at all, it will be at E3, but an actual releases date? Most likely, it will be just like Thracia to Japan in its day: the "true swan song" game for the product it's made for... By "true swan song", I mean last game ever to be released for the intended handheld... And the most likely month for release? I hope this is not the case, but if NOA's habits, according to the above link, tell the tale for the future, it might be released sometime during the window of the "true holiday season" 2011 period, which spans from post-Thanksgiving November, to early December, of 2011, which I project to be the timeframe in which the DS1(Regular, Lite, i, and LL/XL), the handheld it would be most likely be intended for use on(unless NOA decides to port it to 3DS(which I doubt they will)) might be on its last gasp, and I believe that means that the Christmas Eve week shipment will be the last-ever shipment of DS1 systems, meaning once the calendar flips to 2012, you'll never see a DS1 in a retailer that only sell new games and new systems ever again...And I sure hope that it doesn't have to come down to as nearly that point before we see FE12 finally come stateside, if it ever does...

If I don't see it by E3, whether it's game previews or other media that confirms the game for release, then I could say:"Time to launch a SOFEG campaign to tell NOA to localize the newest Fire Emblem. Complain to NOA and say "No FE12 release makes no sense to gamers, and unless you change your mind to give us FE12, we won't buy your products from other genres until you decide to release New Mystery to US shores. That's our word!". I may not be a good leader of a group, let alone a fan--based one, at least at this point in time, but I sure hope it doesn't have to come down to that...

Edited by shadowjam

I don't see a good reason not to release this...so I'm as confused as everyone else about no news.

The reason they won't release it yet is because of all the other "bigger" products that are going to be released soon, which would hurt FE's chances of being able to stand up to unnecessary competition by the same company.

Is NOA dumping DS1? Or is an E3 miracle brewing?

If I don't see it by E3, whether it's game previews or other media that confirms the game for release, then I could say:"Time to launch a SOFEG campaign to tell NOA to localize the newest Fire Emblem. Complain to NOA and say "No FE12 release makes no sense to gamers, and unless you change your mind to give us FE12, we won't buy your products from other genres until you decide to release New Mystery to US shores. That's our word!". I may not be a good leader of a group, let alone a fan--based one, at least at this point in time, but I sure hope it doesn't have to come down to that...

I got your back!

Edited by JosefLior

Is there someone who can sing the Galdr of Impatience to wake up the Evil God inside this medallion that will release her fury upon nintendo for making her worshippers wait so long for this game?

Anybody else thinking Die Hard with Nintendo's HQ as the hotel and instead of the million or so dollars in their vault its FE12 games.

All I need is an Architect. PM me, let me understand that I can trust you, and I'll reply with the details. It's a dangerous job. Don't speak to me unless you're the best.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Yeah bust into Nintendo and grab FEDS2, while your at it, I would like a 3DS, Street Fighter, the new wii, and some Wiimotes. If I need anything else I'll let you know :P

I have to admit, it is pretty sad how long it's taking for this Fire Emblem game to get translated and localized so far. No other Fire Emblem game since the games started to be translated and localized have taken this long. Anyway, less and less people are so sure it will get translated and localized at this point, with me barely holding onto hope... I guess we will have to wait to E3 till we either have our dreams realized, or...I'm sure you all know what must be done if worst comes to worst. Some people have already done it.

Edited by Charged151

If this game is announced at E3 (and if it is, it wouldn't be announced during the presentation but rather at some other table or something) then it will probably come out in August or July maybe. FE12 was originally announced and released within a months time right?

• 2 weeks later...

Bear in mind that I'm not trying to raise false hope nor to spread rumors about this game's status. I'm simply passing down something I found.

Now, I don't normally like to trust a topic at GameFAQs, but a couple of weeks ago someone e-mailed NoA asking what's with this game, and here's the e-mail he received in return:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. At this time, Fire Emblem: The Light and Shadow of A Hero has not been announced for release here in North America. More importantly, we do not have any information that tells us this game will or won’t be announced, but I will pass along your comments to the departments which make those decisions.

We often hear from excited fans asking if a particular game is going to be announced. I don’t want to dampen any excitement you feel about the game, but I want to make it clear that until Nintendo makes an official announcement of a particular game there is nothing we have to share about it—regardless of any rumors you may have heard or announcements from Nintendo subsidiaries elsewhere in the world.

If or when we do make an official announcement about Fire Emblem: The Light and Shadow of A Hero, we will share all the exciting details on our website (www.nintendo.com). Until that happens, we appreciate your patience and ask that you continue checking the website.

Sincerely,

Alain Dao

Nintendo of America Inc.

Now, this could be a complete goof-up from the NoA representative, or a complete hoax from the poster, and I'm taking it all with a grain of salt, but if it were true, it's quite interesting that the e-mail refers to the game as "FE: The Light and Shadow of a Hero". It was never called that before (It was always "Heroes of Light and Shadow"), so if the game really had a title change by NoA, then it's possible it might be being localized.

Again, this obviously doesn't prove anything, and I'm not taking it as solid evidence or anything, but it does give me a glimmer of hope we might see this game eventually.

Here's hoping.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the reply message is a template, which I received numerous times, and the only difference is what you call the game. I called it the new FE and they replied the same template with "new FE" and "FE12"

I figured as much, but that's kinda irrelevant with the point I'm trying to make. The fact that it's a template doesn't explain the changed title, which is pretty much the only thing that caught my attention from the message.

Fire Emblem: The Light and Shadow of a Hero is a crappy title, IMO. For one thing it just sounds cheesy, and for another it's way too wordy for an English release. I'd still call it either Heroes of Light and Shadow or, more likely, New Mystery.

I figured as much, but that's kinda irrelevant with the point I'm trying to make. The fact that it's a template doesn't explain the changed title, which is pretty much the only thing that caught my attention from the message.

Maybe I'm incorrect, but I think you missed his point. Either that or I'm missing yours.

The first e-mail referred to FE12 as X, and the reply simply plugged X into its canned reply. So whoever sent the e-mail was the one giving it that name, not the person responding.

Kind of surprised that this got here, but I guess some FE fans are getting desperate (not saying this is a bad thing).

This is what I just posted on GameFAQs in relation to this:

Eh, I'm not really sure if that title is a good indication. I'm 99% sure it's an incorrect literal translation of the Japanese title. A lot of people make the mistake and forget to reverse the words inbetween "no" when translating titles. So instead of Hero(es) *of* Light and Shadow, you get (The) Light and Shadow *of* (a) Hero.

If you Google the title, you can even find some websites that used that title as far back as the game's initial announcement.

I also agree with others who think the title is too wordy. No English-released FE has had a title with more than 3 words. You can see a similar trend with some other Nintendo franchises as well (eg. recent Zeldas).

Edited by VincentASM