WTF is up with the release date?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe what you're looking at there is a partial list...

...Whatever the hell that means.

It means that there are titles coming out that are not mentioned on the list. And that is a straw I shall grasp will all my force of life, until it flows through my veins no further.

I'm not giving up hope for ages yet, Nintendo probably have it a one of the lowest priority projects because of the lukewarm reception of Shadow Dragon and they have lots of other work going on but NM has a lot to translate, particularly the supports, so I'm not giving up for a long time yet. Nintendo would be really foolish to not release it outside Japan, seeing as FE has a firm fanbase and still shifts quite a few units, just not as many as it's giant franchises. I didn't expect to hear anything from E3 but I still have hope.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/608644-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-2-professional/59320377

Given how much was changed in the US release of the first game, it's reasonable that "Professional" is simply the "International" version (That is: Professional is based on what will be the US release).

That said, Nintendo still has something at the end of E3 right?

And now that I see the logo on that screen, fuckyeah

thanks for the link too.

I'm not giving up hope for ages yet, Nintendo probably have it a one of the lowest priority projects because of the lukewarm reception of Shadow Dragon and they have lots of other work going on but NM has a lot to translate, particularly the supports, so I'm not giving up for a long time yet. Nintendo would be really foolish to not release it outside Japan, seeing as FE has a firm fanbase and still shifts quite a few units, just not as many as it's giant franchises. I didn't expect to hear anything from E3 but I still have hope.

out of curiosity i was trying to find out how well FE11 did in the US, and according to vgchartz.com it actually did pretty well, almost as well as in japan:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/25700/fire-emblem-shadow-dragon/

not sure how reliable that site is, but somehow this makes me a bit more optimistic. incidentally, it's interesting that the sales in japan spiked early and then levelled off, whereas in the US it had a slower start but ended up selling pretty steadily.

We might get lucky and be able to just port over their translation into the professional version. FFXII Zodiac was pretty much the same idea and method Professional was in their updates, and we were able to do the same thing with that. If not, I'm sure a lot of fans will be glad enough to play the original in english

We might get lucky and be able to just port over their translation into the professional version. FFXII Zodiac was pretty much the same idea and method Professional was in their updates, and we were able to do the same thing with that.

Possible and would explain the screen shots, but that wouldn't account for advertising "over 300" monsters when the pro has just over 400 (the original had just above 300). I'm doubting it's because its old either, the Wii U promo shots were made this month (see the one with Club Nintendo).

Edited by deuxhero

Bear in mind that I'm not trying to raise false hope nor to spread rumors about this game's status. I'm simply passing down something I found.

Now, I don't normally like to trust a topic at GameFAQs, but a couple of weeks ago someone e-mailed NoA asking what's with this game, and here's the e-mail he received in return:

Now, this could be a complete goof-up from the NoA representative, or a complete hoax from the poster, and I'm taking it all with a grain of salt, but if it were true, it's quite interesting that the e-mail refers to the game as "FE: The Light and Shadow of a Hero". It was never called that before (It was always "Heroes of Light and Shadow"), so if the game really had a title change by NoA, then it's possible it might be being localized.

Again, this obviously doesn't prove anything, and I'm not taking it as solid evidence or anything, but it does give me a glimmer of hope we might see this game eventually.

Here's hoping.

I got that email too. So, hopefully someone gives us news at E3. Or else I'm just gonna break down and playAsia it.

some of you are in denial i mean ive been waiting for this for over a year since before it was released and ive wanted to learn hacking just to be able to try to help translate ive been an FE fanboy ever since blazing swrd came out in the US but im still a realist and nintendo is not releasing this in the states....all hope is lost but there are hackers here who can translate and were all rooting for you :)

I wouldn't say ALL hope is lost (won't happen until Nintendo states this game is not being translated) but since there are still a few announcements to be made we might as well wait a bit.

Translators won't start until July 15 anyway.

Please forgive me for being a downer, Hippoman, but IMO that title actually means they probably *won't* translate it. Aside from the fact that it's likely a hoax or a goofup from an NOA representative, I'm not sure that translation is correct--I don't speak Japanese, but all my Japanfriends translate it as "Heroes of Light and Shadow," meaning the NOA translation is plain incorrect. If they couldn't be arsed to translate the title correctly, they probably can't be arsed to translate the rest of it at all. :/

Still, maybe I'm wrong. I hope so, at least. It's a faint hope, though...RIP, Fire Emblem in America. We...well, we didn't hardly knew ye, we knew ye pretty well. All good things must come to an end I guess.

Edited by Gunlord

Well, if they don't say anything about this during Nintendo's closing conference, the next, if not last possible, time we would hear of it is likely when Nintendo gives their quarter 3/fall release schedule, whenever that is (they did the one for quarter 2/summer Aug 12 this year says an archive dig).

Edited by deuxhero