Best/Worst in the Series: Round 72

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Boyd. FE9 if we have to be specific.

Worst: Batre. One again, FE7 if we have to choose a game.

Honarable mentions go to Barst and Dart.

Dishonorable mentions to Ross and Nolan. And no, I'm not saying that Nolan is BAD, but he just isn't very fighter-like of a fighter. :/

Edited by Haruhi Suzumiya

Best: FE9 Boyd

Worst: Cord. Too generic and I had to pick one of them. He might as well do.

Dishonorable mentions to Ross and Nolan. And no, I'm not saying that Nolan is BAD, but he just isn't very fighter-like of a fighter. :/

Yeah...he's better. He tanks, and actually has awesome Spd & Skill.

Best: Barst (FE11)

Worst: Wade (FE6)

I think I know which one of Bord/Cord you mean, but do you mind posting who you mean anyway?

It's Cord.

Barts = Barst

Saji = Bord

Maji = Cord

Out of curiousity, for those of you who consider Geitz to be the only good GBA fighter/warrior, what do you find so bad about Lot from FE6?

Edited by Randoman

Out of curiousity, for those of you who consider Geitz to be the only good GBA fighter/warrior, what do you find so bad about Lot from FE6?

Lot: On HM, Can't double cavs. Can't hit even lance cavs properly. Makes me rage. Takes up Hero Crests that is better given to Dieck/Rutger to promote. Otherwise waits until C16. I'd rather give that one to Fir anyway because Fir is epic and has crit. And not very good-looking. Also axes suck in this game unless your name is Dieck, Percy, or Marcus. Or the christmas knights.

Geitz: Comes ready to use, with high weapon ranks and good con. Bows mitigate his mediocre SKL, and axes don't suck nearly as much in FE7 to start with. Is actually good-looking.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Best: Hard, very hard. For me it's between Nolan, Othin and FE12!Barst. All three are amazing, but I'm going to go with

Othin. Because he's not only amazing, he has a WTFBroke Prf weapon AND Wrath. Also, if it weren't for Othin, (he made me realise crits negate the throne defence bonus) I would have been permenantly stuck on the boss of 8x.

Worst: Gonna have to go with Garret. Not only is he lacklustre, he's completley uneccisary. You could remove him and it wouldn't change the story, or even that individual chapter in the slightest. (admittedly, there's lots of FE6 characters who fit that description, but still...)

I lol'd when, in the manga, his only appearence was lying on the ground, presumably after being owned by Murdoch. Yes, that's right, they made him a Red Shirt! (an 'honour' normally reserved for nameless characters. Zealot also recieved this, but unlike Garret it's actually on-screen.)

Lot: On HM, Can't double cavs. Can't hit even lance cavs properly. Makes me rage. Takes up Hero Crests that is better given to Dieck/Rutger to promote. Otherwise waits until C16. I'd rather give that one to Fir anyway because Fir is epic and has crit. And not very good-looking. Also axes suck in this game unless your name is Dieck, Percy, or Marcus. Or the christmas knights.

Most characters can't double cavs. Dieck doesn't, for a start. Etruria Cavaliers have 12 speed, so he needs to be promoted and then some to double them. Unless they weigh themselves down with Steel Lances - in which case, Lot can double them as well at level 18 unpromoted.

Still, it's Dieck, a Top tier unit, he's only Upper Mid.

Putting a Crest on Fir seems like a waste when you have Rutger. Just another liability on enemy phase to deal with. And if you don't have Rutger, then Lot can get a Hero Crest.

But yeah, Axes really got the short end of the stick in FE6. I guess they made up for it by making Axes clearly the best weapon in every FE after FE6.

Best: Hard, very hard. For me it's between Nolan, Othin and FE12!Barst. All three are amazing, but I'm going to go with

Othin. Because he's not only amazing, he has a WTFBroke Prf weapon AND Wrath. Also, if it weren't for Othin, (he made me realise crits negate the throne defence bonus) I would have been permenantly stuck on the boss of 8x.

unlikely. It just uses a different formula in fe4 and fe5 from fe6 and after. 2x atk rather than 3x damage. So 25 attack against 12 + 10 def does 3 damage on a normal hit and 28 damage on a crit. 25 x 2 = 50. 50 - 22 = 28.

Also, I take it you didn't bring Asvel to 8x? I suppose there could have been a fatigue issue.

He's in a game where axes suck massively.

EDIT:

But yeah, Axes really got the short end of the stick in FE6. I guess they made up for it by making Axes clearly the best weapon in every FE after FE6.

I disagree with the bold - I think that axes weren't all that great until Tellius.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Most characters can't double cavs. Dieck doesn't, for a start. Etruria Cavaliers have 12 speed, so he needs to be promoted and then some to double them. Unless they weigh themselves down with Steel Lances - in which case, Lot can double them as well at level 18 unpromoted.

Still, it's Dieck, a Top tier unit, he's only Upper Mid.

Putting a Crest on Fir seems like a waste when you have Rutger. Just another liability on enemy phase to deal with. And if you don't have Rutger, then Lot can get a Hero Crest.

I was more or less referring to the cavs on Rutger's chapter earlygame, which gave me the most rage.

I'm completely biased, of course, being a Swordmaster fangirl and all. Lot just... doesn't do well enough after chapter 2 earlygame to get the levels he'd need since his hitting issues are that bad. I mean, STR-screwed lance can at least hit for 5x2. Lot... cant' hit the bastards. Marcus and Dieck practically had to do the bulk of the work on Rutger's chapter.

Of course, I could be just completely RNG screwed with him out of all 3 times I've played FE6.

's the case with the all the other fighter/warriors besides Barst and Geitz, anyway, for me. Don't like unreliable hit at all.

I disagree with the bold - I think that axes weren't all that great until Tellius.

Axes are great weapons on Heroes.

Just not the people who use them as primary weapons.

Besides Hector and some prepromotes.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I was more or less referring to the cavs on Rutger's chapter earlygame, which gave me the most rage.

Well, they range from 7 to 9 speed. Only the very slowest Level 2 Cavaliers have 7 speed. I just checked a save there, and only 2 out of 10 are that slow. And I don't thin it's likely Dieck would have 12 speed already by this point.

I'd rather have Lot's OHKOing.

I'm completely biased, of course, being a Swordmaster fangirl and all. Lot just... doesn't do well enough after chapter 2 earlygame to get the levels he'd need since his hitting issues are that bad. I mean, STR-screwed lance can at least hit for 5x2. Lot... cant' hit the bastards. Marcus and Dieck practically had to do the bulk of the work on Rutger's chapter.

Well, Marcus is awesome because he has the Silver Lance, but I find it hard to believe Lance is doubling. I mean, he needs to gain 8 levels in 3 chapters to have 12 speed and double the Cavs. Lot being able to engage two Cavaliers on enemy phase and probably take out one of them is great when you consider how hard it is to deal good damage to them.

Of course, I could be just completely RNG screwed with him out of all 3 times I've played FE6.

It is helpful that he gains one or two levels of spd so he doesn't get doubled with the Halberd. And a point of defense so he gets 4HKOed instead of 3HKOed, but I don't think that there's all that much room for RNG-screwage by Chapter 4.

's the case with the all the other fighter/warriors besides Barst and Geitz, anyway, for me. Don't like unreliable hit at all.

Unreliable hit is something you can't avoid in FE6. Sad, but true.

Well, they range from 7 to 9 speed. Only the very slowest Level 2 Cavaliers have 7 speed. I just checked a save there, and only 2 out of 10 are that slow. And I don't thin it's likely Dieck would have 12 speed already by this point.

I'd rather have Lot's OHKOing.

Well, Marcus is awesome because he has the Silver Lance, but I find it hard to believe Lance is doubling. I mean, he needs to gain 8 levels in 3 chapters to have 12 speed and double the Cavs. Lot being able to engage two Cavaliers on enemy phase and probably take out one of them is great when you consider how hard it is to deal good damage to them.

It is helpful that he gains one or two levels of spd so he doesn't get doubled with the Halberd. And a point of defense so he gets 4HKOed instead of 3HKOed, but I don't think that there's all that much room for RNG-screwage by Chapter 4.

He had 11 IIRC, when I played. So he doubles about half of them. Marcus took care of the rest because Marcus is manly and awesome.

Lot would be a lot more useful when he actually hits. He has good damage, but he just doesn't hit those bastards. Pisses me off.

Rutger's like, the only person who has truly reliable hit. When I went Sacae, even Dieck of the manly hit had only 70s with Steel Axe and 80s with Iron. Lot... would fare worse.

And I love Shin too much.

Best: Barst (FE11)-A fighter who starts awesome and never has downtime. He's so awesome, he's great in two games. His only time of weakness is FE12, but that's a game where there's like only a handful of units who are actually usable.

I'mma go with FE11 Barst, because his impact is far more intense in that than in FE3.

Worst: 3 way tie between FE1/3 Saji, Johalva and FE7 Bartre-I am stuck deciding between these 3, really. Saji's reasons for sucking are accuracy low enough to actually be bad in a game where everyone should have either 100% acc at all times OR so low with a wony RNG he's worthless (nevermind that axes are stupid heavy and he's stupid slow). Johalva mainly because he's a foot soldier without pursuit in FE4 (which is basically a death sentence), and Bartre because he starts awful and never becomes anything good. I think I'd have to go with FE1 Saji, since FE3 Saji's accuracy at least is workable early on so he can help out early (if he's even necessary), Johalva's at least got sole claim to the Brave Axe basically forever, and Bartre's at least capable of hitting shit like FE3 Saji early on.

So...FE1 Saji.

EDIT: *Reads above post* You know at promotion, Lot has bows.

Edited by Amaterasu

He had 11 IIRC, when I played. So he doubles about half of them. Marcus took care of the rest because Marcus is manly and awesome.

Um, did you hear me? I said that 2 out of ten had 7 speed. That means Dieck is doubling only 20%, significantly less than half.

Lot would be a lot more useful when he actually hits. He has good damage, but he just doesn't hit those bastards. Pisses me off.

Most people don't have good damage. I mean, they have around 7 defense and 29 HP. So Roy is 3HKOing, Lance is like 5HKOing, Alan is 3/4HKOing, Dieck is 3HKOing, Erk is 3/4HKOing. Even Marcus only 2HKOes. Next to that, OHKOing half the time is great. And those are our good characters.

Rutger's like, the only person who has truly reliable hit. When I went Sacae, even Dieck of the manly hit had only 70s with Steel Axe and 80s with Iron. Lot... would fare worse.

Well, with an Iron Bow Lot has about 70 hit on Nomads. I bet Dieck's hit would nosedive even further with Hand Axes so he can actually do stuff on Enemy Phase.

Axes are great weapons on Heroes.

Just not the people who use them as primary weapons.

Besides Hector and some prepromotes.

Bad Lumi. Double posting like that within a minute.

Sure it is. There are a lot of units that can consistently get over 90%. You lot just ignore them because if guys like Gonzales get rather lucky you can clear the maps a turn or two faster. Never mind that half the time using those guys means someone will die as a result of their incessant misses or you'll end up taking extra turns to make up for their misses if nobody is unlucky enough to die from them. The mere chance of getting a slightly lower turncount is apparently more important than greatly reducing the chance of one of your guys dying.

Fir in the isles, for example. 100% hit on most things even with steel (once she gets to the point she can double with it). On things like archers and mages that she lacks WTA, iron will generally 2RKO or better just like steel 2RKOs the axe guys. Your reliability depends on the units you've chosen to use. If you choose the accurate ones, well, you'll have reliable hit. If you don't, you won't.

Sure it is. There are a lot of units that can consistently get over 90%. You lot just ignore them because if guys like Gonzales get rather lucky you can clear the maps a turn or two faster. Never mind that half the time using those guys means someone will die as a result of their incessant misses or you'll end up taking extra turns to make up for their misses if nobody is unlucky enough to die from them. The mere chance of getting a slightly lower turncount is apparently more important than greatly reducing the chance of one of your guys dying.

Fir in the isles, for example. 100% hit on most things even with steel (once she gets to the point she can double with it). On things like archers and mages that she lacks WTA, iron will generally 2RKO or better just like steel 2RKOs the axe guys. Your reliability depends on the units you've chosen to use. If you choose the accurate ones, well, you'll have reliable hit. If you don't, you won't.

Well, I was about to go back and change that to 'unless you're limiting yourself to swordies only', but I didn't bother.

edit: then again, there are still bosses that even goddamn Rutger has shaky hit on. Like Gel. Maybe if you went Ilia instead of Sacae.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

Best: Barst (FE3 AND FE11)-A fighter who starts awesome and never has downtime. He's so awesome, he's great in two games. His only time of weakness is FE12, but that's a game where there's like only a handful of units who are actually usable.

You can either vote for either FE3!Barst or FE11!Barst (in accordance with the rules stated in the first post), so make your mind up or your vote'll be disqualified!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Best: Ooh what a toughie... :/

Darros out of favouritism

Boyd.

Worst: Gheb.

Best: Hector

Seriously though, I'll go with Boyd from Tellius. (FE9-10) With you forever, is powerful, and fun to boot.

Worst: Probably Dorcas FE7. A bit bland compared to the others... and that's all really.

Best: Boyd

Worst: FE12 Bord

I'll let the post below this comment do the talking...

You can either vote for either FE9 Boyd or FE10 Boyd (in accordance with the rules stated in the first post), so make your mind up or your vote'll be disqualified!

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Bad Lumi. Double posting like that within a minute.

Did I do that?

Fuck. Stupid browser.

...I didn't even notice.

Um, did you hear me? I said that 2 out of ten had 7 speed. That means Dieck is doubling only 20%, significantly less than half.

Why the fuck did I think 8+4=11.

Damn headache.

Edited by Luminescent Blade