[FE 9] Hard Mode Draft: Round 3

Radiant Dragon

Rules:

1. 5 people (I won't be participating, so we need 5 people) will each draft a team consisting of: Ike, Titania, the Laguz royal of your choice, and 8 drafted units. The goal (as always) is to complete the game in with the lowest turncount.

2. Do not BEXP abuse (give BEXP in small increments for good level ups).

3. Undrafted characters may not: enter combat (no meatshielding), shove/smite drafted units or NPCs, build supports, heal, steal, visit villages, open/break doors, rescue drafted characters or NPCs, etc...

4. Undrafted characters may: trade with units, rescue other undrafted characters, shove/smite other undrafted units and find stuff in the desert.

5. 4 turn penalty for using an undrafted character for something that they may not do.

6. Other and Partner units may do as they please without penalty.

7. Reyson and the Hawks may be used to get Naesala to retreat and get the Knight Ring in Ch19. Make sure they stay out of combat if you don't draft them.

Participants:

1. Kevin: Marcia, Reyson, Mordecai, Elincia, Calill, Janaff, Shinon, Tauroneo.

2. Garlyle: Boyd, Tanith, Tormod, Ranulf, Muarim, Haar, Ulki, Ena/Nasir.

3. Eclipse: Oscar, Mist, Soren, Rolf, Zihark, Sothe, Geoffrey, Largo.

4. Lilmik11: Jill, Kieran, Astrid, Mia, Ilyana, Gatrie, Devdan, Stefan.

5. Cecil Hoshino: Nephenee, Makalov, Rhys, Lethe, Volke, Lucia, Brom, Bastian.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an apology to the people I apparently beat to the last slot in the other draft.

Lol, you didn't have to do that, I was only joking :P

I'll sign up though.

Edit: also, I'd rather have fixed than random, as it makes it more about skill than luck. I'll still lose anyway, however.

Edited by Kevin

I would like to sign up for this, and thank you for doing this. I also vote Fixed (I've never been through FE9 on Fixed, so this will be a new experience for me on top of being Drafted)

...And now I really should be going to sleep.

I think I have Fixed Mode unlocked.

Anyway, I've never been in this kind of draft tournament before, let alone played Hard Mode. You need someone to take last place. I heartily volunteer.

You need someone to take last place. I heartily volunteer.

Have some confidence. Anyway, that's 3 votes for Fixed Mode, so majority wins.

EDIT: Should I save a spot for Lilmik? He showed interest in participating in the other topic.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

If you guys don't mind a complete new face on the forum participating, I'd like to volunteer. You can think of me as the adorable underdog who makes entirely wrong choices and gets more restarts than anyone here.

I think Garlyle here can vouch for me on this (the wrong choices and restarts thing).

If you guys don't mind a complete new face on the forum participating, I'd like to volunteer. You can think of me as the adorable underdog who makes entirely wrong choices and gets more restarts than anyone here.

I think Garlyle here can vouch for me on this (the wrong choices and restarts thing).

I'm not a pro either, this is only my second draft,the first one being RD that I am still doing. Anyway, I know how it feels.

Actually, it kind of evens out. All of us are either new to draft tournaments or have at least shown a lack of confidence in our abilities, so...

...BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, I AM NOVICE TOURNAMENT

(I guess Kevin can begin by taking his first pick whenever he happens to be next around?)

Edited by Garlyle

I figured Oscar was going to go at some point. God speed, you magnificent man of speed and defence.

Anyway, my turn to pick! And I choose...Nephenee!

Now, if the order we're using is 123455432112345 (etc, etc), that would mean it's my turn to pick again, in which case, I'd pick Makalov. Unless that's NOT how it works, and I just gave away my next pick so you're all free to snatch him up.

I figured Oscar was going to go at some point. God speed, you magnificent man of speed and defence.

Anyway, my turn to pick! And I choose...Nephenee!

Now, if the order we're using is 123455432112345 (etc, etc), that would mean it's my turn to pick again, in which case, I'd pick Makalov. Unless that's NOT how it works, and I just gave away my next pick so you're all free to snatch him up.

Unless this draft tournament is going for my levels of random, you're doing it right. On each of your turns, you'll need to pick two people.

I'd like to think I'm the most novice at this particular tournament, because I've never touched Hard Mode before.