[FE 9] Hard Mode Draft: Round 3

Radiant Dragon

I continue to shoot myself in the foot and pick Mist.

Actually, I think Mist offers the most of all the dedicated healers. She's got manuverability that Rhys can't offer, and she has time in the party that Elincia doesn't have. The only other healers would be Ilyana, Tormod and Soren if you give them staves on promotion, but they're more for blowing things up, so...

Anyway, I'm another guy who's never played Hard Mode, so my choices might be a little skewed in terms of practicality.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think Mist offers the most of all the dedicated healers. She's got manuverability that Rhys can't offer, and she has time in the party that Elincia doesn't have. The only other healers would be Ilyana, Tormod and Soren if you give them staves on promotion, but they're more for blowing things up, so...

Anyway, I'm another guy who's never played Hard Mode, so my choices might be a little skewed in terms of practicality.

I never finished a hard mode plathough,although I got to chapter 17,but I quit out of boredom since it's kinda easy after early-game. About Mist, if I had to honestly pick an healer, I would have picked Rhys, because when Mist gets on your team, he can already be way ahead of her level with way better staff ranks. Although,after promotion, everything changes.

Edited by Lilmik11

About Mist, if I had to honestly pick an healer, I would have picked Rhys, because when Mist gets on your team, he can already be way ahead of her level with way better staff ranks. Although,after promotion, everything changes.

Unlike weapon ranks, Staff rank is very easy to raise in this game, and Mist ends up being better than Rhys simply because she has more move and Canto, giving her the edge in flexibility. Staves aren't very useful until later anyway, when you need Restore, Hammerne and more importantly, Rescue. By then, both should have the rank to use them all.

Damn you people taking Mist and Nephenee D: But honestly, I expected it - and that's kind of why I'm fine with the turn order and didn't even think of waiting for you to randomize it! Using the reversing selection order comes with its disadvantages - for those of us who might've had first pick... we also have to wait longest to get the second, and lose out on a bunch of other units.

But I will stop my bitching and claim Tanith while I can, and pray my last remaining 'I must have this character' pick will still be available after Kevin makes his decisions.

Edited by Garlyle

Elincia and Calill.

...Ranulf.

There are still some early units. Gatrie, Brom, Muarim, Shinon etc. Devdan if you're really desperate.

Edit: also, can drafted units rescue undrafted ones?

Edited by Kevin

[...] Calill.

D:

My Nephenee's support partner! The one (ONE) mage in the game I use with any form of consistency!

I always considered Astrid and Gatrie sort of the last "early game" units. Shinon and Devdan are more midgame.

I'll fix the first post soon (why does this happen?!).

Lilmik, can I see the message Eclipse sent you? There's something I want to check...

Anyway, here's who is left:

Shinon

Gatrie

Rolf

Volke

Brom

Zihark

Sothe

Stefan

Muarim

Devdan

Janaff

Ulki

Tauroneo

Haar

Bastian

Lucia

Geoffrey

Largo

Ena/Nasir

So I've got three units, and it's my turn?

First, Lilmik did the correct thing in picking Soren. Thank you! I should've bee a tad more clear about what to do if the pick wrapped back around. My apologies!

I'll leave Ilyana for someone else, take Rolf, and wonder what the hell is wrong with me.

So I've got three units, and it's my turn?

First, Lilmik did the correct thing in picking Soren. Thank you! I should've bee a tad more clear about what to do if the pick wrapped back around. My apologies!

I'll leave Ilyana for someone else, take Rolf, and wonder what the hell is wrong with me.

Rolf
H-hold on, I think I need to sit down a moment ;-; I was just about to pick him... ohgodhowamIgoingtogetthroughPoRwithoutmyfavouriteunitaughiwillfeellikeaterribleperson

Muarim.

Sometimes you just get a unit you love, no matter how they fall on the tier list for speed runs, or even the tier list for regular play. It's why, if this were an FE10 Draft Tournament, I'd have said "Aran" or "Laura" before even considering Haar or Nolan.

Edited by Cecil Hoshino

No offense, but... what's with all the Rolf love?

Gameplay wise, I won't really make an effort to defend him for PoR (RD is another story). His only shining point, to be honest, is that he can be a half-decent archer for the boat chapters in the early game, and honestly I find those (especially the second wherein Astrid joins) to be possibly the hardest chapters in the game. Your only other option for bonus damage against the crows is Soren.

Really though, it's a huge case of favouritism, as bad as I know that is. For me, anyway.

Your only other option for bonus damage against the crows is Soren.

There's also a Laguzslayer.

The real problem with choosing Rolf so fast is that in a tournament like this, your early units will end up very overleveled. By that point in the game, you shouldn't be having any significant problems with unit performance.

Ah, really? I know we're going in under-rostered, but I'm still expecting that in the effort of aiming for turncount I'll be passing up a lot of EXP. Ohwell, I guess this kind of thing is stuff you can only learn through doing it!

(Thank you for the Laguzslayer tip, by the way, I'm going to -have- to remember that, I think @_@)

Edited by Garlyle