Top 100 selling 2010 games in Japan

That's not bad!

I hope IS decides to bring it here. There's so much mayhem I want to pull!

I second that. IS is being so slow, and it's bothering me. I plan on getting this the day it's released.

Intelligent Systems has nothing to do with bringing New Mystery to NA/EU. They're only the developers. You'd have to point your fingers at Nintendo of America or Nintendo of Europe as to why the game hasn't been localized in those regions yet.

About half of FEDS' sales came from Europe/America. I find it hard to believe that they would fail to release it over here, given that it's as popular here as in Japan.

It will take three-quarters of a year to two years post-3DS release for us all to be forced to complain about it, depending on 3DS product success rate, because by then, third-party publishers will start to move to the 3DS and the flow of DS Original(DSO) Family titles will start to slow to the point where Nintendo has to hurry and get their remaining titles out, or decide to cancel or port them over like they had to with Zelda TP about four years ago when the Gamecube's library of titles was running out of time due to the Wii sales numbers back then signaling to the 3rd party developers that it's time to move to the Wii and close up their Gamecube development houses.

So if Nintendo waits long enough for a similar scenario to occur, depending on video RAM, maybe they'll add an extra game to whatever content Japan already got with their version of New Mystery, if only to take advantage of the extra bits of memory that the 3DS can handle compared to the DSO.

^ That's due to the fact that the 3DS has double the DSO's max memory clock speed per second, of 64-bit, and since the DSO's a handheld, plus the fact that it takes double the bits of a true, non-handheld console to make the little screen look like it's respective and older video game console counterpart(DSO's console counterpart is the Sega 32x/Saturn, because there's no Nintendo 32-bit non-handheld console, as Nintendo skipped to 64-bit back in the Saturn's day, but that does not mean that there's no chance that the 3DS will not have an older counterpart that belongs to the Nintendo family of non-handheld consoles, as we don't know how much video RAM it has), it'll be the equivalent of a 32-bit console, while given the smaller screen, if the 3DS has 128-bits max, it will look like 64-bit graphics, the equivalent of the N64, and since FE:NM is a DSO game, if they port it to the 3DS, they might as well add a FE title not released yet in the States to take advantage of extra memory, like maybe Sword of Seals, but even if they don't decide to port, if the 3DS forces FE:NM localization to a premature halt and Ninty decides to cancel the US version, hear this:

Don't panic.

Fire Emblem will still be alive and well in the States, as it's likely that the premature halt, if and when it occurs, will be due to a successful 3DS release, which will, like all new consoles when they prove to be successful, force the third-parties to move the releases of their video game titles away from their predecessor(in this case, the predecessor for the 3DS is the DSO). If a console release kills the US version of FE12, we'll still get the next game, only on another console. But if sales are the culprit for not releasing any FE, which is true for the first 6 FEs back in their day, then you may worry about being forced to learn Japanese in order to play future FE titles because if low US sales are to blame, the series is dead in the US, but so far, given the current evidence, it's not dead yet, yet you can logically conclude that it all depends on when and if Nintendo finally announces FE:NM for release in the states in terms of whether it's dead by new console release, and if that occurs, the fate of the FE series of games in the States will virtually, but not totally, depend on when and if Nintendo announces FE13, whatever it is called, for release in the states.

Remember, not releasing a FE without a legitimate excuse could certainly make FE fans steaming mad and jealous to the point where they could launch a campaign involving complaining to Nintendo about it and be in the right to do so knowing that complaining for logical reasons rather than reasons that show that you are crying over spilled milk, as those that don't get mad about FE13, should Nintendo announce it's not coming outside of Japan, probably know Japanese, as if Nintendo fails to release FE13, likely the first FE title to come in the next generation of handheld consoles, understanding Japanese might be the only way to understand content from FE13 and beyond, but I hope that doesn't prove to be the case.

Edited by shadowjam

Look at that, that's not a good thing, that means they're just gonna continue

making remakes!

If you're talking about FE13, then you missed my point. What I meant by "if they port it to the 3DS, they might as well add a FE title not released yet in the States to take advantage of extra memory" is they could add more content, or maybe another FE game, to the same game card as FE12. If they released a new FE game separately, then you can say they keep making remakes...

But if you are talking about FE12 additions...

That's a fair amount of analysis, shadowjam, but I believe there's a huge issue early on, which might render the rest of it unnecessary.

Of course, I don't claim to know what NOA/NOE are thinking either, so, at the end of the day, your guess as to what's going on with FE12 is still about as good as any other.

It will take three-quarters of a year to two years post-3DS release for us all to be forced to complain about it, depending on 3DS product success rate, because by then, third-party publishers will start to move to the 3DS and the flow of DS Original(DSO) Family titles will start to slow to the point where Nintendo has to hurry and get their remaining titles out, or decide to cancel or port them over like they had to with Zelda TP about four years ago when the Gamecube's library of titles was running out of time due to the Wii sales numbers back then signaling to the 3rd party developers that it's time to move to the Wii and close up their Gamecube development houses.

Twilight Princess was ported over to the Wii before the Wii was released in any territory. So it's not the case that strong Wii sales made Nintendo decide to switch systems.

Additionally, The Sacred Stones (developed for the GBA, released in NA/EU after the DS has released) has shown that, given the successor is backwards compatible, NOA/NOE aren't too concerned about porting last gen games to the current gen handheld.

If you're talking about FE13, then you missed my point. What I meant by "if they port it to the 3DS, they might as well add a FE title not released yet in the States to take advantage of extra memory" is they could add more content, or maybe another FE game, to the same game card as FE12. If they released a new FE game separately, then you can say they keep making remakes...

But if you are talking about FE12 additions...

Not completely sure, but I think they're poking fun at IS's current progression of the FE series, which is our latest two remakes.

Edited by VincentASM

Look at that, that's not a good thing, that means they're just gonna continue

making remakes!

FE12 was a remake done right. (unlike SD)

And even then, there are only 2 other games they would even consider remaking: FE6 (remember all those western fans who saw the epilogue of 7 and were like WTFWTFWTFWTFLOLOLOLOL When is Fire Emblem 2 coming out?! Yeah.) and FE4. Those are also the only 2 games IS have expressed interest in remaking anyway.

Still, I see your point. It is about time they did a totally new FE. But still, you shouldn't dismiss games just because 'they're remakes.' Nobody had high expectations for this game, mostly due to that mentality. But judging by these forums, many who have had a chance to play it have been pleasantly surprised. Personally, I found this game to be the best FE in years, so this spot in the top 100 was well deserved. My metaphorical congratulations go out to those who worked on it.

FE12 was a remake done right. (unlike SD)

And even then, there are only 2 other games they would even consider remaking: FE6 (remember all those western fans who saw the epilogue of 7 and were like WTFWTFWTFWTFLOLOLOLOL When is Fire Emblem 2 coming out?! Yeah.) and FE4. Those are also the only 2 games IS have expressed interest in remaking anyway.

Still, I see your point. It is about time they did a totally new FE. But still, you shouldn't dismiss games just because 'they're remakes.' Nobody had high expectations for this game, mostly due to that mentality. But judging by these forums, many who have had a chance to play it have been pleasantly surprised. Personally, I found this game to be the best FE in years, so this spot in the top 100 was well deserved. My metaphorical congratulations go out to those who worked on it.

Yeah agree with you guys, a new game would be nice. But I still like the idea of a remake for FE4-6, with all the added features that they did with this FE. But still this game needs to be released here in the US already :UnitedStates:

• 2 weeks later...
If it doesn't get an official translation, it will get an fan translation that, quite frankly, will probably be better

Was there anything wrong with the official translations of FE7-11? I thought they were great. On the hand, most of the fan translations (FE3-6) seem to be lacking some finesse IMO.

However, I do think you're quite right about the other part; I can almost see fans fighting over who's going to translate the game.

My only real gripe with the official translations was how the extended script was omitted for FE10 and the whole quintessence thing in Nergal's death quote. Other than that, they were good.