So, for my birthday

Percivalé

Blades... Heh. I just use a quarterstaff. Nonetheless, I don't think you should underestimate it either. They say that wooden rods are among the most potent carriers of chi energy.

If you think the most useful property of a quarterstaff is the chi, I think I'm estimating your skill at a safe level. I'm just going to turn my back and start eating a sandwich while removing all of my armour. I might even start stabbing myself in the chest repeatedly to give you a shot at almost hitting even odds.

I think Nightmare can sort this.

Oh, yeah. A katana? Arming swords're where it's at, brah. NICE.

Edited by Furetchen

I'm wondering if Fayt has read any of the wheel of time books.

There's a part in which one of the characters uses a quarterstaff to take down two sword-wielders that are, if not quite masters, already really good with the sword at that time. And later on become two of the best in the books with swords.

It's quite amusing.

And then some Warden talks about how some guy fought 100 battles and only lost one, to a farmer with a quarterstaff.

EDIT-Losing to a farmer with a quarterstaff on your 100th battle = total buzzkill.

Edited by SeverIan

I WANT A KATANA.

The only real sword I own is a freaking rapier. And a model longsword. I also own nunchucku, but those belong to my uncle and he'll be asking for them back any day now.

My armory needs improving.

I am present. You wish to fight? To test your mettle against my might?

Considering your current avatar and sig, it's more like "Test your might against my metal."

And then some Warden talks about how some guy fought 100 battles and only lost one, to a farmer with a quarterstaff.

EDIT-Losing to a farmer with a quarterstaff on your 100th battle = total buzzkill.

Oh right. That part was funny too. Of course, part of the reason that Mat won that was because they completely underestimated him. Also was that after Rhuidean or before?

Oh right. That part was funny too. Of course, part of the reason that Mat won that was because they completely underestimated him. Also was that after Rhuidean or before?

I'm pretty sure it was before, something like book 2 or 3.