• Swimming
    • Baseball
    • Golf
    • Cross country/Track (distance)
    • Track (sprints)
    • Skiing/snowboarding
    • Cycling
    • Volleyball
    • Badmitton (for the person who demanded it)
    • Tennis (my friend would kill me if he knew I forgot tennis)
    • Wrestling (that was also requested)
  2. 2. Watch

• Football (soccer)
    • Basketball
    • American Football
    • Hockey
    • Swimming
    • Baseball
    • Golf
    • Track (sprints)
    • Skiing/snowboarding
    • Cycling
    • Volleyball
    • Badmitton
    • Tennis
    • Wrestling
  3. 3. Bash on

• Football (soccer)
    • Basketball
    • American Football
    • Hockey
    • Swimming
    • Baseball
    • Golf
    • Track (sprints)
    • Skiing/snowboarding
    • Cycling
    • Volleyball
    • Badmitton
    • Tennis
    • Wrestling

Yes, needs moar combat sports plz. (And wrestling doesn't count count)

But given the choices.

Fútbol, Fútbol, American Football.

Looking back, I honestly read this as Mexican football and had no idea what the heck you were talking about.

There actually is a Mexican Football. It's just American Football...in Mexico. You'd be surprised how popular it is in some regions.

Play: Football (aka Soccer)

Watch: Womens Beach Volleyball :drool:

Bash: American "Football"

Oh you were talking about Soccer back in the Post a fact about the person above. I thought you guys were talking about American Football... English is such a pain sometimes...

Play:.... Out of all of them i barely like any of them... I want to try snowboarding though that looks fun

Watch: ....... Eh never really sit down to watch sports.

Bash: American Football

Edited by SlayerX

This poll needs more combat sports.

A certain someone would probably want MMA.

And WWE-style wrestling is not a sport. Now, if you want Olympic Wrestling type stuff, fine, sure, but WWE is not a sport. It's physical, it can be painful at times (though not as often as they might want you to believe), but it's more acting than sport.

And WWE-style wrestling is not a sport. Now, if you want Olympic Wrestling type stuff, fine, sure, but WWE is not a sport. It's physical, it can be painful at times (though not as often as they might want you to believe), but it's more acting than sport.

It's called sports entertainment. If you don't think those people are exerting themselves performing all of those complex moves, then you're wrong. It might be fake, but it's still hard work. I'd say it's harder than actual fighting because you have to be extra careful to not hurt people.

Sorta disappointed you don't have rugger.

Whats not to love about a hooker and their props fighting over possession of a ball

It's called sports entertainment. If you don't think those people are exerting themselves performing all of those complex moves, then you're wrong. It might be fake, but it's still hard work. I'd say it's harder than actual fighting because you have to be extra careful to not hurt people.

And yet I wouldn't call acting "sports". You don't think there is a similar level of exertion in the various fight scenes? Sure, they practice those things dozens of times at slower speeds before going fullspeed, but in the end it's not like they aren't working hard either.

For WWE, it is physical, it can be exhausting, it might even take a little more skill than actual fighting for the reason you mentioned. Maybe. But that still doesn't make it a sport.

How do we define sport anyway? I look at it as a legitimate competition between groups (possibly groups of one) in which the outcome is up for grabs based off your skill in the moment. If it were to suddenly come out that all the outcomes in American football are predetermined, I would stop calling that a sport as well. It would be no less physically demanding for the fact that they know which team needs to win in the end, but it would no longer be a "sport".

Well, if we define sports as purely based on competition, then professional wrestling isn't a sport. But then you have games of golf where you play it by yourself, or similar things, so should those not be called sports as well?

Well, if we define sports as purely based on competition, then professional wrestling isn't a sport. But then you have games of golf where you play it by yourself, or similar things, so should those not be called sports as well?

But golf is you against the others. It's a competition of who does better. Sure, it isn't mano-a-mano like so many of the other sports. But it's still "I did this well, the other guy didn't do as well, so I won".

Everything on that list except wrestling (assuming they are talking WWE and not Olympic) follows that requirement. Golfing is more akin to swimming or track or skiing (except Ski Cross) than it is to baseball, hockey, etc, but it still follows the competition of skill format.

You know, playing it alone. Or not golf, what about pool? Or any other number of activities which are regarded as sports that can be played alone.

And yes, I do believe it's professional wrestling and not the Olympics kind.

You know, playing it alone. Or not golf, what about pool? Or any other number of activities which are regarded as sports that can be played alone.

I don't see an issue with something being played alone, really. Even if you others can't actively oppose you, they still try to do better than you did. Downhill skiing and other stuff like that would follow the same idea as golf.

Pool isn't on the list and nobody has requested it.

Pool lacks some of the physical demands you'd expect from a sport, but I think it still qualifies. Darts and Pool and stuff like that may not have the physical exertion element, but they are still televised tests of skill (though televised or not is more a popularity thing than anything else). Actually, I think chess might even qualify, though I don't like that idea since the skill is in your mind rather than your body. You have a time limit, but it's not nearly the same.

What if you're a hermit and playing it all by yourself and no one knows you to try and be better?

So basically, some guy playing golf out on his own?

I think I may be alone in this, but I'd call golf an "activity" if you aren't doing it competitively. Just like when I go skiing on my own I don't really consider it a sport. Again, I may be alone on that one. I suppose this is relevant, though, since one of the three involves which one you like playing.

Well then.

Though professional wrestling doesn't have competition in the same sense as you speak of, it's still a competitive sport, I'd say, since you'd have to have some level of physical prowess and a good gimmick to impress the guys behind the scenes, so you elevate from being a normal no-name wrestler to an actual superstar.

Well then.

Though professional wrestling doesn't have competition in the same sense as you speak of, it's still a competitive sport, I'd say, since you'd have to have some level of physical prowess and a good gimmick to impress the guys behind the scenes, so you elevate from being a normal no-name wrestler to an actual superstar.

That much is true, but it's more that your past leads to your victories in the present. You make a name for yourself and make yourself popular with the fans and then they let you win a bunch. Your skill and charisma and whatever else keep you on the top, but your performance in one moment determines your achievements days down the road.

I like how in sport you win based on how well you do on that day. Sure, you may go through the entire regular season owning everybody by large amounts each game, but if you can't keep it together in the playoffs when it matters the most, you don't win. Or in some olympic sports, it doesn't matter if you have been destroying on the world cup circuit. If you suck when your event comes up in the olympics, you don't get the gold.

I don't see an issue with something being played alone, really. Even if you others can't actively oppose you, they still try to do better than you did. Downhill skiing and other stuff like that would follow the same idea as golf.

Pool isn't on the list and nobody has requested it.

Pool lacks some of the physical demands you'd expect from a sport, but I think it still qualifies. Darts and Pool and stuff like that may not have the physical exertion element, but they are still televised tests of skill (though televised or not is more a popularity thing than anything else). Actually, I think chess might even qualify, though I don't like that idea since the skill is in your mind rather than your body. You have a time limit, but it's not nearly the same.

Maybe it should be based on how geared up the commentator gets

Yes, the competition mostly goes on behind the scenes. It's all based on how well you can sell your character/gimmick/moves and if you can do it well, and if those are good to begin with, you're successful.

That seems more like acting to me. Are you suggesting acting is a sport?

That seems more like acting to me. Are you suggesting acting is a sport?

It is for Drogba and Ronaldo

And they're only the tip of the iceberg

Edited by mikethfc

Play: Skiing and snowboarding because it's a snow sport and it's basically like the only time I ever see snow cept a little now. In second place is basketball.

Watch: Basketball because it can change back and forth a lot.

Bash on: Hockey. I tried it once because I thought it'd be fun because apparently it's a lot like skiing (at least the skating part).

Well fuck that it's no fun. :(