ITT I Play FE8

Because my FE6 playthrough was a disaster, as Soul put it(Playthroughs with arena abused units are uninteresting), I'm trying again with FE8(I'll do FE6 again as soon as the FE7 one is done. Deal?)

Here are the rules I set up for myself:

-No Tower abuse

-No arena abuse

-Skirmishes are to be avoided unless they are blocking the path to a shop.

-Hard Mode(haven't decided on Eir route or Eph route.)

-No deaths. If someone dies, restart the chapter.

-Ideally get a decently low turn count

And as for the players:

The Players:

Eirika/Ephraim

Ephraim/Eirika

Seth

Joshua(swordmaster)

Gerik(hero)

Gilliam(general)

Franz(paladin)

Tana(falcon knight)

Cormag(wyvern lord)

Ross(pirate/berserker)

Neimi(ranger)

Lute(sage)

Natasha(bishop)

Knoll(summoner)

Support/Utility Fodder:

Tethys

Colm(rogue)

Rennac

Myrrh

This list is subject to change, as usual. And don't recommend any more trainees, as I'm trying to be somewhat efficient(though I may use Ewan). Note that I will also be using this file for Creature Campaign, but I won't write logs detailing stuff any further than the goat demon.

Swag is defined as the following:

-Items acquired from a chest or house.

-Items dropped by enemies.

-Items stolen from enemies.

-Rare items that recruitable characters have.

Swag List:

Promotion items obtained:  	Stat boosters obtained:
05 Guiding Ring Lute      	05 Dracoshield  Joshua
06 Orion Bolt   Neimi        	05 Secret Book 	Franz
07 Knight Crest Gilliam   	07 Energy Ring
08 Elysian Whip Tana 		08 Seraph Robe  Neimi
09 Ocean Seal	Ross      	09 Speedwing    Lute
10 Hero Crest   Joshua    	10 Secret Book
10 Knight Crest	Franz    	12 Dracoshield
10 Elysian Whip Cormag  	13 Speedwing  
12 Guiding Ring 		13 Energy Ring  
13 Hero Crest   Gerik 		14 Body Ring  
14 Guiding Ring (sold)   	15 Body Ring   
14 Knight Crest (sold)  	15 Swiftsoles   
15 Master Seal 			16 Talisman
15 Guiding Ring            	17 Dracoshield
16 Hero Crest                	19 Speedwing
17 Guiding Ring      		19 Goddess Icon

I'm probaby going to lay off the jokes. As dondon151 said, most of them are as bad as these games.

As for the menu:

Chapter List

Prolog(5 turns)

Chapter 1(6 turns)

Chapter 2(6 turns)

Chapter 3(7 turns)

Chapter 4(6 turns)

Chapter 5(7 turns)

Chapter 5x(16 turns)

Chapter 6(8 turns)

Chapter 7(11 turns)

Chapter 8(13 turns)

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

Chapter 16

Chapter 17

Chapter 18

Chapter 19

Chapter 20

Endgame

Anyway, have a nice day.

Edited by DA125

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prolog: The Fall of Renais

Starting Units:

Eirika, Seth

Pathetic. Both your characters use swords while these three chumps use axes. Don't abuse Seth for now unless you are Seth-skipping.

Eirika went east, critkilling one of the fighters and killing it the next turn. On turn 3, I had her chug a vulnerary(she got hit), then she took out the boss in three rounds(with round 3 being an unnecessary crit.) No Seth needed.

Turns Taken: 5

NAME   		TIR LVL MHP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES CON SUPPORT
Eirika    	01  02  17  05  09  10  06  03  01  05  
Seth 		02  01  30  14  13  12  13  11  08  11  

Swag: Not...Yet.

I'm not sure why you keep trying. For one, you're already 4 turns behind a standard efficient run. Second, even if you used Eirika only, General Horace has shared a 2 turn strategy for the prologue. Third, no one finds your jokes funny.

You can finish the prologue in 4 turns on HM w/ just Eirika (I think, I may have miscounted, and I'm pretty sure it cost two vulnerary uses) and 1 turn w/ Seth.

There's no justifiable reason to not use Seth unless you decide to avoid him as some sort of challenge. Although it certainly makes things far more interesting. Until you have 14/1 Franz in chapter 8 anyways.

Edit: There's a two turn w/ just Eirika? I had no idea. I didn't spend much time on that on my no-Seth run.

Edited by Rewjeo

Note that I could have done it in 4 turns, except that I needed to eat a vulnerary, as Eirika got hit on turn 3(she also got hit on a 39 or something retarded like that on T1 EP.)

Note that while I'm going to maintain a decently low turn count, I'm not going to go at dondon-level speed.

Edited by DA125

Chapter One: Escape!

Starting Units:

Eirika, Seth

New Units:

Gilliam, Franz

Again, fairly easy. Remember that there are reinforcements on T5, but by the time they show up, you should be practically done with this place.

I sent Eirika and Seth forward on turn 1. Eirika killed her fighter, then on turn 1, Gil and Franz show up. I have Franz and Gilliam team up on the soldier(I want Franz to get some sword rank), while Eirika gets an unnecessary crit on a fighter. Gilliam chips and kills two soldiers while Eirika kills yet another fighter and Seth sits his ass next to the boss. While Seth was taking on the boss, I sent Franz to deal with the fighter reinforcements. Eirika got the bosskill on T5 EP and seized straight after.

Turns Taken: 6

Eirika    	01  04  19  06  11  11  07  04  01  05  
Franz    	01  02  21  08  05  07  03  08  02  09  
Gilliam   	01  05  26  09  06  04  04  10  03  14  

Nice to see that Gilliam got speed on his first level up. Also, I'm liking Franz's first level up. Too bad he didn't get speed...

Swag: 5000G

Edited by DA125

Before I go on, here are the supports I hope to set up with my units, as well as the promotion paths each unit will take:

Support List:

Eirika: Seth A/Ephraim B

Ephraim: Tana A/Eirika B

Seth: Eirika A/Cormag B

Franz: Gil A/Natasha B

Gil: Franz A/Neimi B

Ross: Lute A

Lute: Ross A/Knoll B

Neimi: Colm A/Gil A

Colm: Neimi A

Tana: Ephraim A/Cormag B

Cornmug: Tana B/Seth B

Josh: Natasha A/Gerik B

Natasha: Josh A/Franz B

Gerik: Tethys A/Josh B

Tethys: Gerik A

Knoll: Lute B

And as for my promotion paths:

DA's Promotion Paths:

Franz: Cavalier->Great Knight

Gil: Armor Knight->General

Ross: Journeyman->Pirate->Berserker

Lute: Mage->Sage

Neimi: Archer->Ranger

Colm: Thief->Rogue

Tana: Pegasus Knight->Wyvern Knight

Cornmug: Dragon Knight->Dragonmaster

Josh: Myrmidon->SwordMaster

Natasha: Sister->Bishop

Gerik: Merc->Hero

Knoll: Shaman->Summoner

I wouldn't call it active RNG abuse. The game rigs 3 straight enemy phase criticals for you.

? How it work?

Okay well... I guess I'll leave comments on your promotion branches:

Franz: Cavalier->Great Knight

I'd go Paladin instead. The loss is Axes, but there is also Duessel that can obtain them. The biggest thing is being able to keep up with Seth in Movement, so if you were to change your mind on Seth / Cormag (which... you should. The support is a helluva lot faster), I'd go here. You also have less Con to help carry bigger units and Franz is naturally fine with Lances / Swords anyway.

Gil: Armor Knight->General

...Why General? General has 5 Mov and E in both Swords and Axes. Great Knight at least has D Axes and +2 Mov from Armor Knight.

Ross: Journeyman->Pirate->Berserker

Fine.

Lute: Mage->Sage

Mage Knight.

Mage Knight.

Mage Knight.

Mage Knight obtains +2 Con in comparison to Sage. This means Lute can wield Thunder with 0 AS loss. She also gets +1 Mov, the capability of removing after trading or Rescuing, etc. All Sage has is... D Light, and Light tomes suck.

Tana: Pegasus Knight->Wyvern Knight

The weight is being able to carry units vs. combat. *Shrugs*.

Cornmug: Dragon Knight->Dragonmaster

Wyvern Knight gets +1 Spd over Wyvern Lord. Considering Cormag is iffy on AS sometimes, Wyvern Knight is probably the better option. I guess D Swords isn't terrible but it's pretty blech.

Edited by Tyranel M

I'd go Paladin instead. The loss is Axes, but there is also Duessel that can obtain them. The biggest thing is being able to keep up with Seth in Movement, so if you were to change your mind on Seth / Cormag (which... you should. The support is a helluva lot faster), I'd go here. You also have less Con to help carry bigger units and Franz is naturally fine with Lances / Swords anyway.

That may be a wise decision.

...Why General? General has 5 Mov and E in both Swords and Axes. Great Knight at least has D Axes and +2 Mov from Armor Knight.

General gets +3 spd, while GK gets only +1.

Fine.

Damn straight.

Mage Knight.

Mage Knight.

Mage Knight.

Mage Knight obtains +2 Con in comparison to Sage. This means Lute can wield Thunder with 0 AS loss. She also gets +1 Mov, the capability of removing after trading or Rescuing, etc. All Sage has is... D Light, and Light tomes suck.

I'll consider it.

The weight is being able to carry units vs. combat. *Shrugs*.

While no AS from killers would be nice, not being able to ferry Zerker!Ross could be a problem. I'll consider it.

Wyvern Knight gets +1 Spd over Wyvern Lord. Considering Cormag is iffy on AS sometimes, Wyvern Knight is probably the better option. I guess D Swords isn't terrible but it's pretty blech.

I actually considered it for five minutes.

General gets +3 spd, while GK gets only +1.

GKs get +2 Spd, actually. And there's a Speedwings at Ch 9 you could easily use on Gilliam.

As for the Sage vs. Mage Knight Lute. Mage Knight, at an effeciency standpoint, is easily better. The overkill +5 Mag (A.K.A The only advantage over MKs) only lets you overkill things more. Not really better as Lute is already killing most things aside bosses. Her promotion gains are also better.

Edited by Soul

Chapter 2: The Protected

Starting Units:

Eirika, Seth, Franz, Gilliam, Moulder, Vanessa

New Units:

Ross, Garcia

Again, easy. Most if not all the brigands suck anus. Also, if you want to save Ross, you'll need to send the fail-whore to get him.

Turn 1 was straightforward. I sent Vanessa to pick up Ross, and Eirika/Moulder visited the towns. Next turn, Eirika talked to Ross after Franz dropped him, and Vanessa went back for Garcia. Ross killed his first bandit on turn 3, while Gilliam went further south to draw in more mooks. Eirika then sold the red gem and bought an iron sword, an iron lance, and an iron axe. Ross made his second kill on turn 4, while Gil made his way to the fort. Gil lured in the boss and his friend on T5, after he was done with an archer(Ross had chipped it on the EP, and talked to Garcia right before he had to be healed). As for the reinforcements that came a turn before, I let Eirika and Franz feast on the remains. Gil got the bosskill(as he was closest), while Ross cleared the last bandit(Fail-whore got the last house).

Eirika    	01  04  19  06  11  11  07  04  01  05  
Franz    	01  02  21  08  05  07  03  08  02  09  
Gilliam   	01  06  27  10  06  05  04  11  03  14  
Moulder  	01  03  20  04  06  09  01  02  05  09  
Vanessa    	01  01  17  05  07  11  04  06  05  05  
Ross 		00  03  17  06  03  04  09  03  00  08  
Garcia   	01  04  28  08  07  07  03  05  01  14

Not bad, Ross. Nice to see he's at least co-operating.

Swag: Red gem, Elixir, Holy water

Um, are you calling one of the best units in the game "fail-whore"????? Near as I can tell you are talking about Vanessa.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14609

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22301

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20185

Just sayin'

I didn't respond because I somehow equated "fail-whore" to "moul-der"

If not then wtf?

This is the biggest hint:

"if you want to save Ross, you'll need to send the fail-whore to get him."

Since I don't see what Moulder can do, and Vanessa can fly and rescue, I'm betting on Vanessa.

Also there's this:

"I sent Vanessa to pick up Ross,"

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Oh, and if you are wondering where I got the term 'fail-whore', I played GhebFE for far too long, and Gheb commonly addresses Vanessa as fail-whore throughout the game.

Edited by DA125

Chapter 3: Bandits of Bongo

Starting Units:

Eirika, Seth, Franz, Gilliam, Moulder, Lute, Ross, Garcia, Neimi

New Units:

Colm

Fairly easy chapter if you ask me. Just get your ass over to Bazba.

I first had Garcia and Vanessa break open the wall, then had Gilliam and Ross chip a brigand(he died on the EP). Neimi went up, as usual. On turn 2, Neimi recruited Colm, and Gil/Franz broke another wall, while Ross went over to chip the chest key brigand. On the EP, Ross got lucky with a brigand and an archer, while Colm got attcked by a stray bandit. Franz manages to kill the archer with Garcia's help, then Gil(who killed the hand axe bandit) and Eirika went forward a bit more(Colm and Neimi chipped their bandit), then Eirika gets mugged by two brigands and a thief. Turn 4 came and Gil killed the thief, Ross killed the steel axe guy, and Eirika/Franz teamed up on the hand axe guy. As for the chest key guy, he was OHKO'd by a Seth crit. Colm then started opening chests. Turn 5 came, and I had Franz position himself next to the merc, who he killed the following turn(Colm was almost done grabbing swag). As for Bazba, I had Eirika sit next to him on T6, then had Franz and Garcia set up a kill for Ross on T7, which was the turn I seized.

Turns Taken: 7

Eirika    	01  05  19  07  11  12  08  05  02  05  
Franz    	01  04  23  09  05  08  05  08  02  09  
Gilliam   	01  07  28  11  07  06  04  12  03  14  
Vanessa    	01  01  17  05  07  11  04  06  05  05  
Ross 		00  06  19  08  04  07  09  04  00  08  
Garcia   	01  04  28  08  07  07  03  05  01  14
Neimi    	01  01  17  04  05  06  04  03  02  05  Colm C
Colm    	01  02  18  04  04  10  08  03  01  06  Neimi C

I'm liking that speed on Gilliam Bojangles. 6 speed at Lv7? Holy mother of Christ he's good, despite what the tier list say(oh come on, Gilliam is high tier at WORST!).

Swag: Javelin, Iron lance, Hand axe, Iron sword

This one is a nice improvement over the FE6 one, and turncounts seem to be pretty good.

I'm very interested to see how this'll go.

Don't worry, I won't be half-assed and start spamming the arena for 50 turns like I did in FE6(I merely wanted to get arena videos for Youtube and I sadly got a little bit too greedy, which resulted in Bors reaching Lv19 and Dick/Rutgar reaching Lv17.) What I mean by this is that, if I have time to use the damn arena, I will, but I will still retain a low turn count, so I can't spend 50 turns getting Gilliam to Lv20 or some shit like that.

Also, going into the Tower of Level Grinding is strictly prohibited. Why, you ask? Getting overleveled units essentially defeats the purpose of Hard Mode, as I found out in FE6. By this I mean, it doesn't matter if I try to improve my turncount later on, the fact remains that my Bors assrapes everything he touches and the strongest enemy on the map does fuck all to him. Oh, and 7 movement thanks to the boots, so he can rape things better than everyone else I have combined. In short, Bors is to my party as Meta Knight is to Brawl. Or Excadrill is to Gen 5 OU. Soul and Furetchen chewed me out on this A LOT. Ask them.

Here is Soul's quote.

If you wonder your lack of activity, it has to be because this playthrough log is uninteresting. Wanna know why it's uninteresting? In my opinion, it has to be because there is nothing interesting in beating FE while taking ten million turns at a chapter arena-abusing and showing of your 1337 characters. And then, what is this? You quote yourself and sig it, why exactly? Forgive me if I sound crude. I just feel it's that way. It's basically the same with your FE7 one.

Oh, and dondon151 hates my jokes. Especially the ones involving Bandit Keith's catchphrases.

I'll do Tower and Ruins runs after I'm done with the game. Is that acceptable?

Edited by DA125

Chapter 4: Ancient Horrors

Starting Units:

Eirika, Seth, Franz, Gilliam, Moulder, Ross, Neimi, Colm, Artur

New Units:

Lute

Ancient Horrors? These monsters look like ancient PUSSIES! I mean, everybody except Ross, Neimi, and Colm can one round them! And coincidentally, those three are the ones who need EXP the most, especially Ross(who is still a weak-ass journeyman. Don't worry. Shit will hit the fan the instant he gets out of Tier 0.)

I will be making references to Legend of Zelda enemies here. Because the revenants remind me of ReDeads, the bonewalkers are similar to Stalfos, and the mogalls look like Patras(well, without like 8 smaller eyes circling it)

Anyway, I sent Colm and Neimi to deal with the lone ReDead sitting on the mountain, then Gil heads into the collective ranges of a Stalfos and a ReDead. Turn 2 came, and Ross finished what Gil started, and Gil killed another ReDead. As for the first wave of reinforcements, I left Gil in the range of a Patra and a Stalfos, neither of which he killed because he missed on one of the javelin strikes. Oh well, had him take out one of the ReDeads loitering on the other end of the bridge. I had Franz and Assray chip down the snag, while Ross sat in range of the Patra and Stalfos that Gil weakened(he killed them all). On turn 4, Neimi took out the Stalfos that was blocking Franz, who darted for the village(some ReDeads came out after T4, right after Gilliam laughed his face off.) Lute was recruited, and I sent her towards the boss. I then took out the last Patra with a javelin, then started to chip at the ReDeads. On T6, Lute got the bosskill, and Ross/Neimi finished the rest of the ReDeads.

Eirika    	01  05  19  07  11  12  08  05  02  05  
Franz    	01  04  23  09  05  08  05  08  02  09  
Gilliam   	01  09  30  12  08  06  06  14  03  14  
Ross 		00  10  23  11  05  10  12  04  02  08  
Neimi    	01  02  17  05  06  06  04  04  03  05  Colm C
Colm    	01  02  18  04  04  10  08  03  01  06  Neimi C
Artur    	01  02  19  06  06  08  02  02  06  06
Lute    	01  02  17  07  06  07  08  03  06  03

Thank fucking god Ross is done with his journeyman training. Though his skill makes me kind of sad inside(well, with a 35 growth, that's to be expected). Hopefully the +15 crit he'll receive in Tier 2 will make up for it. Also, I'm really loving the 14 def that Gil has. Not that Gilliam is as good as what Ross is going to be later on(just in case 36atk/52crt with a killer axe at 10/20/8 isn't OP'd).

Swag: Iron axe

Edited by DA125