What You Want To Know About The Above Poster Most

Randoman

What are your least favourite foods?

Favorite Final Fantasy Tactics Job Class?

Quite a few, actually. For now I'll just list Tactics Ogre and Disgaea.

I've never actually played any of the Final Fantasy Tactics games, so I can't accurately answer that question.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

What's your avatar of?

What do you think about the Jack the Ripper mystery?

Fascinating and scary stuff, though I'm by no means an expert on the subject. In a way it's bizarre how a serial killer from 100 years ago is still so widely known and has served as an inspiration in entertainment media, but I suppose the murderers being so long ago makes it easier to appreciate the mystery surrounding it, rather than caring about the people who were killed.

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

What's your avatar of?

Let's just say it's a guy from a series that I'd rather keep anonymous, since I don't want people criticizing either the guy in my avatar or the series he comes from.

Thoughts on the Nintendo Switch?

In what order do you like the 4 RWBY main characters from most to least?

Yang

Ruby

Weiss

Blake

Note that Weiss and Blake are about the same for me, with Weiss winning because of a few scenes with her I like.

What's your opinion on the Switch?

What's the oldest video game console you can still get enjoyment from playing? (Eg: you're able to tolerate NES graphics and enjoy playing NES games, but anything older like Atari 2600 bores you)

SNES

Same question.

Best rpg side quest for you?

I'm not sure I can say overall, but one that comes to mind recently is one from ToCS where you ream up with an NPC from the school in a fight to help him get over some issues he's having.

Does your name come from Shepard's ship or the actual place Normandy?

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

Good question. I think I act fairly differently online than in real life, though I guess a shared trait is my love for talking and discussing things.

Same question.

Expectations from Persona 5?

That it'll be a fun, engaging and well-polished game. I do, however, think the theme will overstay its welcome and I think I'll once again ask myself loudly and repeatedly why they have to be in high school. I've got a lot of hopes but some fears.

What do you think a villain needs to have or to be in order to be considered "a good villain"?

A videogame location you could see yourself visiting if it was real?

Either Alexandria from FFIX or Rabanastre from FFXII. They are both very lively cities and I think I could even see myself living in one of them.

thoughts on Hip Hop/R&B?

Same question.

killing a giant monster to make the perfect cup noodle in Final Fantasy XV

I found myself liking this one quest in Tales of Phantasia where you could help a couple get married with you getting the chance to see how their family is going in the future

If you could be immune to any one of the capital sins (eg: anger, lust, sloth), which one would you pick?

Thoughts on the Nintendo Switch?

I'm wanting to get more info on it before I give any personal impressions and opinions on it (I mean there's barely been any Switch games that have been confirmed by Nintendo themselves). As it stands right now, I really don't think the information we have right now is enough, at least for me to give proper opinions of it anyways.

A videogame theme you'd like to play on an instrument if you could?

That it'll be a fun, engaging and well-polished game. I do, however, think the theme will overstay its welcome and I think I'll once again ask myself loudly and repeatedly why they have to be in high school. I've got a lot of hopes but some fears.

Honestly I haven't watched anything aside of the intro (lol), so I don't really know what to expect. Will do it very soon, though.

I just hope it'll have a better story than Persona 4 and comes closer to the niveau of Persona 3.

Please expand upon your thoughts of Persona 3 in comparison to Persona 4.

Personally, I want Persona 5 to be closer in tone to Persona 3 than 4, but I consider Persona 3 to be much worse written than its successor for a number of reasons.

What do you think a villain needs to have or to be in order to be considered "a good villain"?

It depends entirely on the author, the genre, the theme, the style and just the overall plot. There are too many variables to offer a satisfactory answer.

Of course, since that's a very boring reply, I'll say that in general, there should be a good connection between the villain and the protagonist(s) and that you should see where the bad guy is coming from. If you write a villain who's evil for the sake of it, you're going to have to work hard on making them anything more than serviceable.

Also if my reply was too general... well then... I try to become a bit more detailed.

Anyways I don't play Persona because of its anime and fanservice part, but just because of its gameplay.

I love the battle system of the Shin Megami Tensei series and spin-offs as I love the aspect of day organisation which reminds me on simulations à la The Sims.

If this would be kept, I'm absolute happy.

Persona 4 had actual better gameplay than Persona 3 because healing outside of the battles in the dungeons became more flexible and you could command each party member (also existed in P3P but even not in the PS2 version).

In general I'm not very focussed on story, but I felt the ending of Persona 4 was rushed. The final dungeon came out of nowhere for me (after rethinking... it became a bit logical... but still very vague overall). Also the endgame felt less atmospheric than the one in Persona 3. The music was very lame: for the dungeon as for the boss. Never really was hyped for the final boss... and unlike Persona 3's final boss (Nyx is one of my absolute favorite designed final bosses with an unbelievable great theme) I never felt like to replay the final boss. It felt too empty for me.

The game was pretty much over for me after defeating Adachi and the afterboss.

Also if the endgame becomes better than Persona 4's and everything else will keep more or less, Persona 5 can't really screw up for me.

Favorite theme of the Persona series?

Thoughts on vaporwave/future funk

If you could be immune to any one of the capital sins (eg: anger, lust, sloth), which one would you pick?

Sloth

maybe i can get stuff done without it bugging me

If you ever had your own son/daughter, what would be the first video games/video game series you'd let them play?

A videogame theme you'd like to play on an instrument if you could?

I'd like to be able to play this song on guitar:

It'd be pretty awesome playing this song whenever I'd want to give myself/someone else a pretty epic entrance.

Favorite game of 2016?

What's your opinion on the Switch?

I find it very interesting, and I'm glad that (from what we know for now) there are no gimmicks or motions controls, in terms of the controls anyways. The main one does split into 2 pieces, but you don't have to do so in order to use it or anything, so you can keep them together.

I do feel it could be a bit too small for a controller though, but hopefully the Pro Controllers won't be as expensive as the Wii U's, or they could at least be comparable with both consoles.

Being portable could be an issue if the thing's too big or if the battery life is too low, but we'll have to see how that plays out in a few days.

It also seems like they're going to market it properly for once and have good launch titles, so we should be able to expect it to do better than the Wii U.

Not like that's hard to do, but I digress.

Everything we've seen so far looks great (New 3D Mario, semi-new Mario Kart, BotW, Spla2n) and I'm hoping for those "Pokemon Stars" rumors to be true.

Overall, I think my opinion should be fully formed by the end of the presentation on the 12th. For now it's a yes.

Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or ten duck-sized horses?

Anyways I don't play Persona because of its anime and fanservice part, but just because of its gameplay.

We've got that in common; I play it in spite of the anime stuff, though I do love the writing of the fourth game outside of that - hell, some of the anime tropes are even used efficiently here.

Persona 4 had actual better gameplay than Persona 3 because healing outside of the battles in the dungeons became more flexible and you could command each party member (also existed in P3P but even not in the PS2 version).

In general I'm not very focussed on story, but I felt the ending of Persona 4 was rushed. The final dungeon came out of nowhere for me (after rethinking... it became a bit logical... but still very vague overall). Also the endgame felt less atmospheric than the one in Persona 3. The music was very lame: for the dungeon as for the boss. Never really was hyped for the final boss... and unlike Persona 3's final boss (Nyx is one of my absolute favorite designed final bosses with an unbelievable great theme) I never felt like to replay the final boss. It felt too empty for me.

The game was pretty much over for me after defeating the killer and the afterboss.

Also if the endgame becomes better than Persona 4's and everything else will keep more or less, Persona 5 can't really screw up for me.

I can't say I agree at all. While I dislike the true final boss of Persona 4, everything else is all about characters and the slow buildup to finding the killer.

To me, Persona 3 was a much worse experience because of a far less likeable cast, half of which you couldn't even Social Link initially, much worse villains (what does Ikutsuki's betrayal mean long-term, really?) and an ironically even cheesier atmosphere than Persona 4 even though the game takes itself so bloody seriously, which is why scenes like the Yakushima trip feel so bizarre; it's such an odd clash with the rest of the game.

Really, I could've accepted a lot of the game's flaws had the villains not been so pitiful. The most efficient bad guy in that game which features the unstoppable personification of death is a dying, skinny, shirtless man with a gun.

Oh, and I guess my favorite theme is "Smile". I love Naoki's Social Link, and the song fits him so well.

Edited by Thane